Rangers v Celtic 27th December

marshallschunkychicken

How would you like the OF game to pan out?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How would you like the OF game to pan out?

• Rangers Win
    • Draw
    • Celtic Win

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
loveofthegame

If we're still close-ish to Rangers then for once i'll prob want a Celtic win as the league is all but over now anyway. Whilst i don't think we will catch Rangers, you never know.

Guest Dipped Flake

Celtic win for me. We have no chance of winning the league. While I very much doubt we can get 2nd, it would be nice to still be within touching distance of it come the new year.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Just out of curiosity, how would everyone like this to pan out?

A stray nuclear warhead accidentally gets dropped on Weegeville.

Drylaw Hearts

At this moment in time a Celtic win is the best thing for Hearts so as far as I can see that is theee only option to take.

A flurry of red cards and season ending injuries would be nice.

along with players assaulting match officials. pitch invasions and sectarian fuelled riots:)

along with players assaulting match officials. pitch invasions and sectarian fuelled riots:)

That alone would make my Setanta subscription worthwhile.

A stray nuclear warhead accidentally gets dropped on Weegeville.

Damn someone beat me too it.

Question is how would you know whether it went off or not most look like they have suffered from a nuke fallout at the best of times.

Does seem a bit risky holding a OF game in the middle of the festive season. Can't help thinking it'll show their 'supporters' up for what they really are.

marshallschunkychicken
Celtic win for me. We have no chance of winning the league. While I very much doubt we can get 2nd, it would be nice to still be within touching distance of it come the new year.

That's pretty much the reason that I posted this poll. I doubt we can get close to 2nd over the season, but I'd like to see us stay in the hunt for as long as possible.

I'd just find it interesting to see if people would find a Celtic win abhorrent if we were to be anywhere in the hunt at that time.

Purely speculative, I know....

A flurry of red cards and season ending injuries would be nice.

Most definitely . :)

Riots in and outside the ground . So bad the Uefa get involved and ban both of them disgusting clubs from Europe for 5 years . Embarrassing the SFA in to docking both clubs 20 points each. :P

Ditto!

Stupid Sexy Flanders
I never want the Mhanks to win any game except against Hibs in a Cup Final.

Umm.. not even if it directly benefits Hearts?

Bomber Harris

Rangers to win. Hearts are not good enough to sustain the challange, of course it will be nice to see how far we get and you never know but my deep rooted hatred for all things celtic means i would never ever want them to win anything UNLESS Hearts benefit but in this case i don't see Hearts riding the crest of the wave until May for second place.

Victor Meldrew

A Celtic win for the following reasons:

1. It will give us an opportunity to close the gap on Der Hun.

2. If they are 10 points behind Celtic by New Year, they could well go into meltdown: sale of valuable players (as they will assume that they won't finish lower than second) loss of anything to play for in the SPL etc.

3. Walter the Traitor might get the sack.

4. GIRFUY Andy Webster

Again? :)

If we keep playin well and keep close behinde the huns then im wanting smelltic to win. Plus it would be funny to see rankgers to lose the league again.. haha

I went for Celtic but having had a look at the fixtures I've now changed my mind !!

The reason, well I just noticed Celtic play D.Utd and Darkheid in the following fixture (the day we play the Hobo's) and given they rarely drop pts two games running maybe it would be better if Rangers beat them. That way they would not be complacent when taking on the tangerines and would be looking to bounce back.

I don't believe we will get 2nd in the league so I want everyone to beat D.Utd !

A 0-0 draw, marred with red cards, injuries (nothing life threatening), both sets of fans embarrassing themselves by their sectarianism bile and finally being docked points and forced to play their next home game behind closed doors.

If Carlsberg done Old Firm games.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
A Celtic win for the following reasons:

1. It will give us an opportunity to close the gap on Der Hun.

2. If they are 10 points behind Celtic by New Year, they could well go into meltdown: sale of valuable players (as they will assume that they won't finish lower than second) loss of anything to play for in the SPL etc.

3. Walter the Traitor might get the sack.

4. GIRFUY Andy Webster

What he said...

A win for Rangers FC would do for me. :)

What if we're close to them in the league at that stage?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

The use of 'we're' and 'them' is confusing matters. Who's who?

That wasn't the question......:rolleyes:

My answer: it's far, far too early to ask this. Rangers are still well in the title race as far as I'm concerned - because I expect them to win the next derby, and Smith has Strachan's measure in these games I believe (they just ran out of energy last season). Hearts, meanwhile, face a tough run of games coming up and are likely to sell players in January. It's about 3rd place in my view, which I still fancy Dundee United for; and whoever gets 3rd will be at least 20 points short of the side in 2nd come May.

That wasn't the question......:rolleyes:

Why not? Why would any Hearts fan care about the result of an OF game if it wasn't for how it would impact on us? For example: Celtic's last minute equaliser against Rangers in Nov '97 was perfect, as it kept us top.

The use of 'we're' and 'them' is confusing matters. Who's who?

We're = Hearts.

Them = Rangers.

My answer: it's far, far too early to ask this. Rangers are still well in the title race as far as I'm concerned - because I expect them to win the next derby, and Smith has Strachan's measure in these games I believe (they just ran out of energy last season). Hearts, meanwhile, face a tough run of games coming up and are likely to sell players in January. It's about 3rd place in my view, which I still fancy Dundee United for; and whoever gets 3rd will be at least 20 points short of the side in 2nd come May.

The question remains this :

"How would you like the OF game to pan out? "

In my view, Celtic will win the league, so let them. The more easily they win the league (notwithstanding the fact that I'd like the points of our games with them to come to us), the better now.

And that means them beating the Hvns.

Anyway, bottom line = the more times the Hvns lose, the better for the world, the credit crunch, global warming, and famine in Africa.

The question remains this :

"How would you like the OF game to pan out? "

In my view, Celtic will win the league, so let them. The more easily they win the league (notwithstanding the fact that I'd like the points of our games with them to come to us), the better now.

And that means them beating the Hvns.

Anyway, bottom line = the more times the Hvns lose, the better for the world, the credit crunch, global warming, and famine in Africa.

I'm unlikely to be bothered either way - partly because I'm unconvinced Celtic will cruise to the title. They were seven points ahead of a stumbling Rangers in 04/5 too, yet blew it in the end (the year Andy Davis won Rangers the league).

Seymour M Hersh
I'd like them both to lose please.

And be docked 5 points each for bad behaviour.

I'd like that too! Also some very bad crowd trouble forcing the GFA to make them both play their remaining league games behind closed doors and banning their fans from away games. Also about 3 (each side) double red cards for violent conduct, both sets of fans clearly singing their sectarian songs again forcing the GFA into deducting 20 points from each team.

And Hearts to beat Aberdeen the same day!

We have absolutely no chance of catching Rangers and anyone who thinks differently is a fool. It does not matter who wins the game, but like most Hearts fans I'd rather see Celtic lose.

Personally I'd like a draw so that neither of them win nor gain much by the game. Except a few broken limbs and red cards hopefully.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
We have absolutely no chance of catching Rangers and anyone who thinks differently is a fool. It does not matter who wins the game, but like most Hearts fans I'd rather see Celtic lose.

Not according to the poll.:cool:

PresidentRomanov
Not according to the poll.:cool:

I think he was referring to actual Hearts fans, not people who post about them on the internet :)

Whichever benefits Hearts at the time.

At the moment that is a Celtic win.

I agree, and by the 27th Dec I think that will still be the case.

Rangers are manure.

portobellojambo1
Just out of curiosity, how would everyone like this to pan out?

Perfect scenario, it turns into more of a religious frenzy than normal with all persons present joining in, with all being unaware that in the main stand delegations from UEFA and FIFA are there watching. This then results in a 20 point deduction for each team at the end of the match.

Meanwhile the game itself gets abandoned with 5 minutes to go when 8 players from each side end up with two broken legs each following a set to after a disagreement over the colour of the ball, resulting in them both having to field vastly understrength teams through to the season's end.

Cannot see it happening like that, but you did ask.

Snake Plissken

I voted for a Celtic win on the basis that it is the only income which could have any tangible benefit to Hearts.

As unlikely as it is, we could catch Rangers so if they drop points we have a slightly better chance of doing so.

Generally speaking I have next to no interest in the Old Firm and it has been a few years since I last watched a full Old Firm game.

Archived