Rangers v Celtic 27th December

marshallschunkychicken

How would you like the OF game to pan out?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How would you like the OF game to pan out?

• Rangers Win
    • Draw
    • Celtic Win

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not one of the people who have expressed a preference for a Rangers victory has yet explained why he wishes for a result that could be detrimental to Hearts' prospects. Why is this?

I did, and will do it again.

I hope Rangers demolish Sellick because Hearts have no chance of catching Rangers this season. Any one who thinks different needs their head looked at.

The reason I want Rangers to win - I prefer Rangers to Sellick by a mile.*

*As do real Hearts fans. ;)

I hope Rangers demolish Sellick because Hearts have no chance of catching Rangers this season. Any one who thinks different needs their head looked at.

None of us thought at this stage of the '85-'86 season that we were embarking on a run of 30-odd games unbeaten. It's unlikely to happen, we're unlikely to finish second - but real Hearts fans (as opposed to the 16% whose like of Rangers/dislike of Celtic blinds them to their own club's prospects) will want the result that best suits Hearts.

None of us thought at this stage of the '85-'86 season that we were embarking on a run of 30-odd games unbeaten. It's unlikely to happen, we're unlikely to finish second - but real Hearts fans (as opposed to the 16% whose like of Rangers/dislike of Celtic blinds them to their own club's prospects) will want the result that best suits Hearts.

The result doesn't effect Hearts in the slightest as we're not going to be near either of them come May. Would there be the same outrage if we were to do a poll about a Hamilton St Mirren game?

I stand by it, Rangers to beat Sellick every single time for me. Unless, a Sellick win will aid Hearts. This time, it doesn't.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

In case anyone's interested in my opinion, I would want any result that would benefit HMFC. If we were to be totally unaffected then I wouldn't give a proverbial flying one.

chester copperpot
In case anyone's interested in my opinion, I would want any result that would benefit HMFC. If we were to be totally unaffected then I wouldn't give a proverbial flying one.

Bingo.

Exactly my thoughts. I couldn't care less about the bigot brothers either way. There's a few posters on here who's agenda is that transparent its unreal, yet hide it behind a couple of smilie's to make it seem more light hearted.

Really now beginning to spoil my enjoyment of this site.

The result doesn't effect Hearts in the slightest as we're not going to be near either of them come May. Would there be the same outrage if we were to do a poll about a Hamilton St Mirren game?

I stand by it, Rangers to beat Sellick every single time for me. Unless, a Sellick win will aid Hearts. This time, it doesn't.

What outrage is there? The majority of Hearts fans just find it curious - if not unexpected - that a small minority of the usual suspects would prefer the result that, with the current league standings, would be worse for Hearts.

chester copperpot
What outrage is there? The majority of Hearts fans just find it curious - if not unexpected - that a small minority of the usual suspects would prefer the result that, with the current league standings, would be worse for Hearts.

But no 'Real' supporter would ever want that surely. :o

Read some of the posts above, you'll see some outrage. I firmly believe the result won't effect Hearts in the long run, if others do, fair play to them. I admire their optimism.

But no 'Real' supporter would ever want that surely. :o

You'd think not. But life is full of surprises.

:)

thats the best thing thats been said on this subject yet...anyone who thinks we can catch rangers do need their heads looked.

i dont gamble but if anyone want to put a bet on hearts finishing 2nd i will be quite happy to take their bet

For any OF game, whether against each other or other teams, I want the result that will benefit Hearts. If the result will have no effect on Hearts, then I want results that make one side of the OF suffer the most i.e. fall behind the other by as large a margin as possible, thus creating a crisis at said club etc. etc.

In this case, I have faith that we can catch Rangers and grab that second place. So, a Celtic win for me.

Do I think Hearts will finish second this year?

Honestly, no.

Do I want the very slight dream that they might to go on for as long as possible?

Of course.

If it were the other way round, with Rangers first and Celtic second, even though I (in common with the majority of Hearts fans polled on Kickback) prefer Celtic, I'd want a Rangers win.

"Real fans", whatever they are, are not defeatist.

I P Knightley
There's 109 people on this thread who've sided with Celtic, why not make that point to one of them?

You asked me this but others have answered in their way pretty adequately. Not that that would stop me from spouting forth!!

The majority of those 109 express a preference about one particular game and the theme seems to me to be that they selected that option because it would give the club they support a better chance of improving its league position.

I asked the question, though, about a reference made to "the Mighty Glasgow Rangers" - a phrase either laden with irony (but not very well put inthe circs) or typically used by a supporter of the club as opposed to one who, like me, is ambivalent.

I want Hibs to lose every game they play, no matter who they're playing, I want Celtic to lose every game they play, unless they're playing Hibs, I want Rangers FC to lose every game they play, unless they're playing Hibs or Celtic.

You and your sort, should have more respect for people like me, as it's us who keep the club going :)

So you don't do draws, then?

And you may have more of my respect, any time you need it, just ask. I've plenty to spare :)

Cant believe there are160 replies to this gash - OF - GTF

Yours was the 161st - you're just perpetuating the problem, Beaver.

marshallschunkychicken

And here was me thinking it was all about the football.

can't say I'm surprised by the results of the poll, but I didn't expect people to be so vociferous in their pro-Rangers agenda to the potential detriment of Hearts. :o

Drylaw Hearts

can't say I'm surprised by the results of the poll, but I didn't expect people to be so vociferous in their pro-Rangers agenda to the potential detriment of Hearts. :o

I can't say I was surprised in the slightest.

marshallschunkychicken
I can't say I was surprised in the slightest.

:laugh:

You could be right. Live in hope, and all that.

Drylaw Hearts
:laugh:

You could be right. Live in hope, and all that.

I'll live in hope.

They'll live firmly in the past.

;)

PresidentRomanov
I'll live in hope.

They'll live firmly in the past.

;)

Am i living in the past wanting Celtic to win this week?

Drylaw Hearts
Am i living in the past wanting Celtic to win this week?

No your being sensible in wanting the runaway SPL leaders beating a team that is below us furthermore hindering their chances of catching us.

PresidentRomanov
No your being sensible in wanting the runaway SPL leaders beating a team that is below us thus furthermore hindering their chances of catching us.

Or being defeatist?

If Hibs were to beat Celtic, we sort them out next week, then Rangers FC put them to the sword on the 27th, the title race would be on?

Drylaw Hearts
Or being defeatist?

If Hibs were to beat Celtic, we sort them out next week, then Rangers FC put them to the sword on the 27th, the title race would be on?

Funny.

King of the North

Thankfully, the poll shows that these backward neanderthals are very much in the minority. As did the recent poll which showed that more Hearts fans prefer Celtic to Rangers.

The mini hun element in our support is a ever decreasing band of low IQ ****bags, living firmly in the past.

It is still astonishing to me how anyone could possibly want a result that is directly detrimental to Hearts, but as I say - the good guys on this forum vastly outnumber these cretins.

King of the North
Or being defeatist?

If Hibs were to beat Celtic, and we do, then perhaps the context of the OF game changes - in which case many on here would no doubt review their position. Hearts fans who want what is best for the club...

However, as things stand, the best result in the OF game is a victory for Celtic FC. Yet you and others want a hun victory? Not real fans then...

:4_1_72: :4_1_72: :4_1_72: :4_1_72: :4_1_72:

If Hibs were to beat Celtic...

If the pope had a moustache he'd sh*t in the woods.

Makes as much sense

Thankfully, the poll shows that these backward neanderthals are very much in the minority. As did the recent poll which showed that more Hearts fans prefer Celtic to Rangers.

The mini hun element in our support is a ever decreasing band of low IQ ****bags, living firmly in the past.

It is still astonishing to me how anyone could possibly want a result that is directly detrimental to Hearts, but as I say - the good guys on this forum vastly outnumber these cretins.

Does one qualify for all in bold if they clicked a little button on an internet forum?

MacDonald Jardine
Oh no they haven't. Point me to the posts.

Why do 130+ Hearts fans want a Celtic victory? Because it could bring us closer to second place.

Why do about 16% of "Hearts fans" want a result that could be detrimental to our prospects? That's the only issue here.

I smell ******.

:hobofish:

You sure about that?

MacDonald Jardine
It was a different world then, as you say. In fairness though, the mass of the public down here definitely got behind Arsenal in '06, Liverpool in '05 and Man Utd in '99. I watched the Istanbul final in a packed London bar which was going potty by the end - and while I never liked Man U much during the 90s, they were so brilliant en route to the '99 final that I couldn't help but be impressed; and was leaping around at the end of the game.

So if another Scottish club ever reached the European Cup Final, I'd like to think most would get behind them. It's an irrelevant question though, because it can't possibly happen now. :sad:

I remember hoping Aberdeen and Dundee United did well in Europe in the 80s.

I certainly wouldn't the former now, and not sure about Utd.

PresidentRomanov

Why is a Hearts fan preferring Celtic to Rangers FC, better than a Hearts fan preferring Rangers FC to Celtic?

What a strange thing to say :eek:

PresidentRomanov

I've never wanted any other Scottish team to do well in europe, then again, I'm not a mini Arab, mini Cod Head, mini Tim or mini Hun :rolleyes:

Why is a Hearts fan preferring Celtic to Rangers FC, better than a Hearts fan preferring Rangers FC to Celtic?

That'll be because he's blinded by hate when it comes to Rangers, and is number 1 Tim-pathiser* on her.

*Why is that word banned?

That'll be because he's blinded by hate when it comes to Rangers, and is number 1 Tim-pathiser* on her.

*Why is that word banned?

The guy is a bigot. He always goes on about hating Rangers fans but he really means is he hates Protestants, it is obvious.

Me too. Infact I even went to a Dundee Utd euro game as I happened to be in the city that night anyway. Didn't enjoy it much . . .

I'd probably get behind any non-OF Scottish side in a euro final though (as long as it wasn't Hibs - and even then I wonder :eek:)

Sergio Garcia
I think he was referring to actual Hearts fans, not people who post about them on the internet :)

So us internet ppl are not actual Hearts fans..........remind me again why we post on this forum?

The guy is a bigot. He always goes on about hating Rangers fans but he really means is he hates Protestants, it is obvious.

Sorry I've lost the plot here, which poster are you referring too?

King of the North

What utter rubbish.

Why woul I hate protestants - I am one, if I am anything. What I don't like is bigots.

King of the North
Sorry I've lost the plot here, which poster are you referring too?

Me, I think. ALthough this is the same poster who once accused me of disrupting a protestant rally or something. I think he is a bit confused.

King of the North

I think you've missed the point.

Which is, why would some poster want a result detrimental to Hearts FC.

You will find, if you look at what people are actually posting, that the reason most fans on here want a Celtic win is because it benefits the club.

Were the tables turned, most fans on here would want a Rangers win.

I despise the huns and their moronic bigoted fans more than any other football club - but if we were 7 points and closing behind Celtic, I would want the huns to win.

The point here is that it appears that for you and the rest of the mini hun element, your hatred for Celtic outweighs your love of Hearts FC. Which is rather pathetic, yet entirely predictable.

King of the North
I've never wanted any other Scottish team to do well in europe, then again, I'm not a mini Arab, mini Cod Head, mini Tim or mini Hun :rolleyes:

Three out of four. Not bad.

PresidentRomanov
What I don't like is bigots.

Yet you seem to be revelling in the fact that the majority of Hearts supporters - at least the internet ones anyway - are getting behind Celtic :eek:

Instead of sitting down in London next week, why not get yourself along to parkhead, then we'll see how you feel after that?

But then by the same token why do (alleged) Hearts fans feel the need to refer to Rangers as; 'The Mighty Rangers' or feel the need when they spell their name to add F.C.; as in Rangers F.C. when in the same sentence they don't put F.C. with any other club........not even Hearts?

And why are those same fans even slightly disturbed that a massive majority of their fellow fans want a result that could potentially put us closer to a team above us? Incidentally the only one of the two above us that look vulnerable at this point!!

Any result which benefits Hearts i will go for at the time. Even if a hobo win over any team was going to help us i would accept that.

This poll can only really be answered truthfully at the time of the game when we know what positions teams are in and what the points differences etc are.

For a start we play celtic in a fortnight Hibs play both Celtic and Rangers before the OF Game. So its fair to say a lot could happen between now and the game itself. The hobos usually have good games against the OF in which they are close, and could easily take points from Rangers or Celtic. We could take a point or even a great win at darkheid.

If the OF game was this saturday however I would vote for Celtic to win, and at the time of the game it beggers belief why any Jambo would want a result which would be detrimental to Hearts, regardless of who is playing.

HMFC will always be my first priority, and should be to all Jambos

PresidentRomanov
I think you've missed the point.

Which is, why would some poster want a result detrimental to Hearts FC.

You will find, if you look at what people are actually posting, that the reason most fans on here want a Celtic win is because it benefits the club.

Were the tables turned, most fans on here would want a Rangers win.

I despise the huns and their moronic bigoted fans more than any other football club - but if we were 7 points and closing behind Celtic, I would want the huns to win.

The point here is that it appears that for you and the rest of the mini hun element, your hatred for Celtic outweighs your love of Hearts FC. Which is rather pathetic, yet entirely predictable.

Once again, yu're making yourself look idiotic, the recent poll you referred to above, in which you said most Hearts fans preferred Celtic to Rangers, was weeks ago, nothing to do with the current league standings :)

Out of interest, how many Hearts V Celtic or Rangers FC games have you actually attended - if any?

King of the North
Yet you seem to be revelling in the fact that the majority of Hearts supporters - at least the internet ones anyway - are getting behind Celtic :eek:

Instead of sitting down in London next week, why not get yourself along to parkhead, then we'll see how you feel after that?

I'm in Scotland this weekend, so I'll be at Fir park instead.

However, having been to both Ibrox and Parkhead several times, and witnessed both sets of fans home and away several times, I do not need another visit to know which fans are worse. By miles. And miles. Ask UEFA or the residents of Manchester or Barcelona - you don't need me to tell you.

Just nice to see that most Hearts fans agree with me. Especially as it obviously really winds up the likes of you.

Getting behind Celtic ?!?!? What a ridiculous assertion :mad:

A pragmatic vote for a result which could help close the gap between US and 2nd place is nothing whatsoever about getting behind Celtic.

What a black and white world you live in

PresidentRomanov
I'm in Scotland this weekend, so I'll be at Fir park instead.

However, having been to both Ibrox and Parkhead several times, and witnessed both sets of fans home and away several times, I do not need another visit to know which fans are worse. By miles. And miles. Ask UEFA or the residents of Manchester or Barcelona - you don't need me to tell you.

Just nice to see that most Hearts fans agree with me. Especially as it obviously really winds up the likes of you.

There's only one ground in Scotland, where it's not safe for a visiting Hearts supporter to go for a pint before the game, and it isn't Ibrox.

Hearts fans who agree with you don't follow their team there - fact :)

And if anyone thinks the Rangers FC supporters at Tynecastle on Saturday, behaved worse than their old firm counterparts did there a few weeks ago, they're either liars, or weren't at the respective matches.

Guest JamboRobbo

And if anyone thinks the Rangers FC supporters at Tynecastle on Saturday, behaved worse than their old firm counterparts did there a few weeks ago, they're either liars, or weren't at the respective matches.

LOL. PickyBum in defending Rangers fans shocker. Quelle Surprise.

Archived