Rangers v Celtic 27th December

marshallschunkychicken

How would you like the OF game to pan out?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How would you like the OF game to pan out?

• Rangers Win
    • Draw
    • Celtic Win

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PresidentRomanov
You seem to think the same can be said for all Hearts fans who post on here and prefer Celtic to Rangers: could you enlighten us why? Oh, and if this means I have nothing in common with real Hearts fans like you, words cannot begin to express my relief and sheer jubilation.

Given your self confessed admiration for the Hibs, I'd suggest it's the vast majority of Hearts fans you have nothing in common with.

Given your self confessed admiration for the Hibs, I'd suggest it's the vast majority of Hearts fans you have nothing in common with.

I have no admiration for Hibs. I merely dislike them a whole lot less than either Celtic or Rangers - and regard them as a harmless kid brother most of the time.

I trust that clarifies matters to your satisfaction. Meanwhile, could you explain why:

a) You want a Rangers win in the derby, even if a Celtic win will help Hearts?

B) You hate Rangers less than either Celtic or Hibs?

c) You seem to regard all Hearts fans who disagree with you as not real fans?

Guest Dipped Flake

Given the results of the poll it would appear that it is you that has nothing in common with the vast majority of Hearts fans

Well, given the choice between Shaun's views and yours please count me out of your "vast majority".

I'd suggest that the vast majority of Hearts fans are Hearts fans first and last.

Our attitude towards the OF or Hibs has no bearing on our Heartsness.

Who do you prefer between Brechin and Forfar? I think we should be told, then we can judge what kind of Hearts fan you are.

The first of the black holes caused by the Large Hadron Collider to open up and suck the ground, and all of its odious inhabitants, inwards and scatter them in minute particles to the far reaches of an alternate galaxy.

In fact, let's do the rest of the world a favour and take the rest of Glasgow with it as well.

PresidentRomanov
I have no admiration for Hibs. I merely dislike them a whole lot less than either Celtic or Rangers - and regard them as a harmless kid brother most of the time.

?

Do you want me to search back your posts and prove you're telling lies now?

PresidentRomanov
Well, given the choice between Shaun's views and yours please count me out of your "vast majority".

I'd suggest that the vast majority of Hearts fans are Hearts fans first and last.

Who do you prefer between Brechin and Forfar? I think we should be told, then we can judge what kind of Hearts fan you are.

I prefer Forfar, does that make me a wanabee Forfar supporter too?

And in all my 43 years on this planet, Shaun is still the only Hearts "supporter" i've come across who admits to liking Hibs.

Do you want me to search back your posts and prove you're telling lies now?

I went too far, and was an idiot. We're all capable of reassessing and admitting when we were wrong: I no longer "quite like" Hibs, but certainly don't hate them and don't really have a problem with them.

Notice you haven't answered my questions. Hmm, I wonder why?

Amen. Would that PickyBum could see the same.

I haven't seen any of those 109 make the comment "The mighty Glasgow Celtic"

Have you??

Still waiting on you replaying to this one PB, ah wait, it doesn't suit your agenda does it?

I prefer Forfar, does that make me a wanabee Forfar supporter too?

No but it means that there's something we agree about (though I prefer Arbroath to both of them).

My point is that often when we debate the OF there is a faction (if I can call it that) in our support that believes that BECAUSE you are a Hearts fan you should have a particular preference.

Whereas, I tend to think that, being in Scotland and being a football fan it's hard not to have an opinion about the OF. I certainly have lots of opinions about both of them. But mainly these opinions don't stem from me being a Hearts fan.

Please stop accusing people (not me) of lying. That's taking things too far. Go back to winding us up by all means but leave out the nastiness.

No but it means that there's something we agree about (though I prefer Arbroath to both of them).

My point is that often when we debate the OF there is a faction (if I can call it that) in our support that believes that BECAUSE you are a Hearts fan you should have a particular preference.

Whereas, I tend to think that, being in Scotland and being a football fan it's hard not to have an opinion about the OF. I certainly have lots of opinions about both of them. But mainly these opinions don't stem from me being a Hearts fan.

Please stop accusing people (not me) of lying. That's taking things too far. Go back to winding us up by all means but leave out the nastiness.

Mate - PB meant the stupid comments I made a few weeks ago, which I have since reflected on. I can understand why he'd accuse me of lying. I agree with everything else you've said, though.

Still waiting on you replaying to this one PB, ah wait, it doesn't suit your agenda does it?

PickyBum doesn't answer awkward questions. :rolleyes:

PresidentRomanov

Shaun said that he disliked Hibs, and I recalled him saying a few weeks ago that he liked them, so he was lying, that's why i said he was.

Celtic win for me. We have no chance of winning the league. While I very much doubt we can get 2nd, it would be nice to still be within touching distance of it come the new year.

Personally and in reality Im hoping that we are still in touching distance of 3rd come the new year. Tough tough December ahead. Fingers crossed;)

Hopeing for a hearts win that day...thats all that matters, whatever happens at the cesspit happens, whatever is best for hearts then i hope thats what happens.

FTH, FTOF

Guest Dipped Flake
Hopeing for a hearts win that day...thats all that matters, whatever happens at the cesspit happens, whatever is best for hearts then i hope thats what happens.

FTH, FTOF

And that is all that should matter to all Hearts fans, what is best for Hearts. Sadly there are still a few that seem to care more about the OF than the team they support.

Ban the expression "no brainer" !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anencephaly

:eek:

Hideous photograph on that page...

Someone should tell the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke that there's a whole bunch of ancephaly suffers living and breathing rather well in the weedge. Or maybe they already know? Ibrox could well be the result of some weird science.

I 'm in total agreement with Shaun.

If I had to make a choice (like must I shoot my wife or my daughter or Edinburgh gets nuked) then I detest Celtic slightly less than Rangers - even the mighty Rangers FC ! This is simply down to watching them win the EC in 1967 and the pleasure it gave all Scottish fans outside Govan.

I don't hate Hibs but I'd rather they lost every game except when they play the OF. Then they would get my support unless a Hibs win disadvantged Hearts.

I 'm in total agreement with Shaun.

If I had to make a choice (like must I shoot my wife or my daughter or Edinburgh gets nuked) then I detest Celtic slightly less than Rangers - even the mighty Rangers FC ! This is simply down to watching them win the EC in 1967 and the pleasure it gave all Scottish fans outside Govan.

I don't hate Hibs but I'd rather they lost every game except when they play the OF. Then they would get my support unless a Hibs win disadvantged Hearts.

Interesting. Was that the case, then? Were the whole of Scotland - barring Rangers fans - behind them? And more generally, did Stein inspire respect and admiration, or scorn?

Just curious, as I know very little about the time, basically.

Guest Dipped Flake
Interesting. Was that the case, then? Were the whole of Scotland - barring Rangers fans - behind them? And more generally, did Stein inspire respect and admiration, or scorn?

I remember watching the game with my whole family, 2 brothers, mum and dad, and grandad. 3 Jambos, 1 hibbie and a Leith Athletic fan (mum was always totally neutral) and all cheering on a Scottish team winning the biggest club trophy in the World for the first, and no doubt last, time. I didn't know anyone that wasn't cheering them on that night, although I didn't know any rangers fans then so can't comment on them.

Obviously can't speak for everyone in every town but basically - yes I think so. I recall going to the Moat Bar in slateford road after the game and the place was bouncing. Mostly Hearts supporters but a fair few Hibbies and a couple of Aberdeen fans too. Everyone at work the following day (Standard life at that time) was buzzing regardless of their club affiliations.

You have to remember that the idea of a Scottish club - sic - winning the European Cup was considered totally fanciful at the time. When the Italians went 1 up we all thought the ball was burst because Inter had such a great defence. It was some achievement.

Difficult to imagine this now as I am quite happy watching the tims making a complete erse of their Euro campagns now. But then . . . the world was different.

Were you at Tynecastle during Celtic's recent visit?

To you travel to Parkhead to watch Hearts?

Yes i was at Tynecastle for the recent game.

I have never seen Hearts at Celtic Park as of yet(Bar the Scottish Cup Semi in 1998)

Any particular reasons behind these questions?

Not one of the people who have expressed a preference for a Rangers victory has yet explained why he wishes for a result that could be detrimental to Hearts' prospects. Why is this?

Not one of the people who have expressed a preference for a Rangers victory has yet explained why he wishes for a result that could be detrimental to Hearts' prospects. Why is this?

Tricky one! :)

Yes they have. It's just, as a hand-wringer, you don't like the answer.

Obviously can't speak for everyone in every town but basically - yes I think so. I recall going to the Moat Bar in slateford road after the game and the place was bouncing. Mostly Hearts supporters but a fair few Hibbies and a couple of Aberdeen fans too. Everyone at work the following day (Standard life at that time) was buzzing regardless of their club affiliations.

You have to remember that the idea of a Scottish club - sic - winning the European Cup was considered totally fanciful at the time. When the Italians went 1 up we all thought the ball was burst because Inter had such a great defence. It was some achievement.

Difficult to imagine this now as I am quite happy watching the tims making a complete erse of their Euro campagns now. But then . . . the world was different.

It was a different world then, as you say. In fairness though, the mass of the public down here definitely got behind Arsenal in '06, Liverpool in '05 and Man Utd in '99. I watched the Istanbul final in a packed London bar which was going potty by the end - and while I never liked Man U much during the 90s, they were so brilliant en route to the '99 final that I couldn't help but be impressed; and was leaping around at the end of the game.

So if another Scottish club ever reached the European Cup Final, I'd like to think most would get behind them. It's an irrelevant question though, because it can't possibly happen now. :sad:

Yes they have. It's just, as a hand-wringer, you don't like the answer.

No they haven't. Unless you're referring to the opinion of the poster who referred to "the mighty Glasgow Rangers", whose fawning to the filthy bluenoses would put him right up there with you in the Rangers arselicking stakes.

Could it be that some people's hatred of Celtic is greater that their love of Hearts?

PresidentRomanov
No they haven't. Unless you're referring to the opinion of the poster who referred to "the mighty Glasgow Rangers", whose fawning to the filthy bluenoses would put him right up there with you in the Rangers arselicking stakes.

Could it be that some people's hatred of Celtic is greater that their love of Hearts?

How come I hope Celtic win on Sunday then?

How come I hope Celtic win on Sunday then?

Did you refer to "the mighty Glasgow Rangers"?

Who are Celtic playing on Sunday - I've no idea and don't really care either? What point are you trying to make?

No they haven't.

Oh yes they have.

Why don't you focus on the real issue; why 130+ "Hearts fans" would prefer the tims to beat Rangers FC?

Fortunately this is KB, otherwise I'd be really worried about the direction that Hearts fans were heading in.

Shaun said that he disliked Hibs, and I recalled him saying a few weeks ago that he liked them, so he was lying, that's why i said he was.

Like you when you said you were going to stop posting, or your mate when he said international football didnt bother him or.... ah forget it.

wind-up-lamp01.jpg

troll_web.jpg

widow_twankey_300x400.jpg

PresidentRomanov
Did you refer to "the mighty Glasgow Rangers"?

Who are Celtic playing on Sunday - I've no idea and don't really care either? What point are you trying to make?

The point I'm trying to make is, you reckon my hatred of Celtic, is greater than my love of Hearts, if that was the case, why would I want them to win this week?.

And I didn't refer to Rangers FC as that :)

Oh yes they have.

Why don't you focus on the real issue; why 130+ "Hearts fans" would prefer the tims to beat Rangers FC?

Fortunately this is KB, otherwise I'd be really worried about the direction that Hearts fans were heading in.

Oh no they haven't. Point me to the posts.

Why do 130+ Hearts fans want a Celtic victory? Because it could bring us closer to second place.

Why do about 16% of "Hearts fans" want a result that could be detrimental to our prospects? That's the only issue here.

I smell ******.

:hobofish:

Drylaw Hearts
Oh yes they have.

I agree - it's a disgrace.

Imagine wanting Celtic to aid Hearts in their quest to close the gap on second place.

Bad Hearts fans.

Bad.

The point I'm trying to make is, you reckon my hatred of Celtic, is greater than my love of Hearts, if that was the case, why would I want them to win this week?.

And I didn't refer to Rangers FC as that :)

In that case my post wasn't referring to you!

I still don't know who it is you want Celtic to win against, though.

Oh yes they have.

Worry away, old fruit. It's happening, whether you like it or not. :)

In that case my post wasn't referring to you!

I still don't know who it is you want Celtic to win against, though.

Hibs. PickyBum appears to hate Hibs the most, then Celtic, then (I think) Aberdeen.

I wonder if the Rangers/Chelsea boys on JKB might see this pole and actually take on board that most Hearts fans couldn't give a toss about Rangers or the old firm. What ever results help Hearts at the time then that is fine by me! If the mighty glasgow Rangers have to take a pumping from Cetlic then that is just super!! I'll admit i used to have a leaning towards Rangers over Celtic due to the "banter" that went on at games, but i have since noticed that neither of those two poopy, poopy clubs could give a toss about us either! I find it cringy to think people see some sort of relationship between the clubs.

PresidentRomanov
Worry away, old fruit. It's happening, whether you like it or not. :)

It could be worse, we could have Hearts "fans" liking Hibs :sad:

Worry away, old fruit.

Complaint sent for calling me a fruit. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

PresidentRomanov
Hibs. PickyBum appears to hate Hibs the most, then Celtic, then (I think) Aberdeen.

Then it's Rangers FC Shaun - ironically the team I'm most accused of supporting :)

PresidentRomanov
Complaint sent for calling me a fruit. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not just a fruit, an old fruit :eek:

Then it's Rangers FC Shaun - ironically the team I'm most accused of supporting :)

You hate Rangers more than Aberdeen? There's hope for you yet. :)

It could be worse, we could have Hearts "fans" liking Hibs :sad:

I'm sure they'll be along in a minute. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Archived