Soccermanager.com

The Comedian

The Old Tolbooth

There's no many decent available left backs in this game is there :wacko:

I wish you could search for a player by position rather than load the whole teams players up just to find out their LB's are keech.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish you could search for a player by position rather than load the whole teams players up just to find out their LB's are keech.

can I interest you in a certain fabio aurelio?

Distinct lack of profesionalism there mate falling for my mind games already :tongue:

You're gonna struggle once you're up with the big boys. Anyway don't think any of my players want to drop a division, and if they are going to drop a division it'll be me who takes them there :laugh:

Haha...might pass you on the way up :P

funny signings how so? I was desperate for a right winger but all transfer completed and ended up with 3. Jose Sosa, Geovanni and Burke (the cheap option). Strengthened my forward line with Zaki and big Kenwyne Jones.

and then signed Driver as the token jambo and Hildebrand on a 'free' transfer.

They are all 87 rated + so hardly rubbish signings!

Carragher goes to the first bidder who can stump up ?20m (or nearest offer)

Sorry Alan...didnt mean rubish signings mate....just thought there was one or two funny ones... compared to the players you have and the players you sold. All the best though mate! and good luck :)

theres an advanced search option at the top left of the screen, so once youve gone there you can view transfer list section etc and also filter your search ffor players, by value, rating and postion etc...hope this helps...ps abidal isn't for sale

is the lazio manager a member of kickback? anyone know him, he;s just bid 20million for one of my youth players who is rated at 78:laugh:

is the lazio manager a member of kickback? anyone know him, he;s just bid 20million for one of my youth players who is rated at 78:laugh:

hehe....nice :laugh:

The Old Tolbooth
make me a sensible offer

A bag o salt and vinegar and a pickled egg? :wacko: (I'm getting a bit skint now, can you tell?)

theres an advanced search option at the top left of the screen, so once youve gone there you can view transfer list section etc and also filter your search ffor players, by value, rating and postion etc...hope this helps...ps abidal isn't for sale

Cheers for that mate :)

Ha ha bite his hand off mate, I might offer him an 80 rated player for ?15m :whistling:

Don't know what happened to the Carragher deal but I have checked this morning and I have signed Martins and Bednar, which I think now leaves me with insuffcient funds. It's a bit mental that you put a bid in and if the other player accepts it then that's it! You would think you would then get the option to accept the deal or not! I now have Bendar who I made an offer for in desperation for a new having been left with 2!

The Old Tolbooth
Don't know what happened to the Carragher deal but I have checked this morning and I have signed Martins and Bednar, which I think now leaves me with insuffcient funds. It's a bit mental that you put a bid in and if the other player accepts it then that's it! You would think you would then get the option to accept the deal or not! I now have Bendar who I made an offer for in desperation for a new having been left with 2!

You can withdraw after having an offer accepted mate, you click on a players name, and when his face appears with all his stats, you click on transfer/loan bids at the bottom, and it gives you an option to withdraw your offer in there.

Does anobody know the answer to this question.

If you have a offer for a player accepted and you are waiting for the transfer to go through. In the meantime you have completed another transfer that leaves you with not enough funds to complete the orginal transfer you are waiting on....does the transfer go through leaving you with a negative balance or does the transfer get scrapped due to insufficent funds?

I am now a couple of mill short on deal I want to go through. It's not a biggy as I am now quite happy with my sqaud and made the signings I wanted. Allthough this signing would have gave me a bit more depth to my squad.

Oh can you tap the chairman for some buckies? :D

Does anobody know the answer to this question.

If you have a offer for a player accepted and you are waiting for the transfer to go through. In the meantime you have completed another transfer that leaves you with not enough funds to complete the orginal transfer you are waiting on....does the transfer go through leaving you with a negative balance or does the transfer get scrapped due to insufficent funds?

I am now a couple of mill short on deal I want to go through. It's not a biggy as I am now quite happy with my sqaud and made the signings I wanted. Allthough this signing would have gave me a bit more depth to my squad.

Oh can you tap the chairman for some buckies? :D

As far as I know, if you run out of cash your screwed. No way of getting anymore except gate reciepts and selling players.

As for the transfers, it seems a lottery on when they actually go through. I have had a few that have taken a couple of days, where some have been hours, totally random.

Nothing worse than having a few bids in, you always seem to end up getting your 3rd or 4th choice joinging first.

Also if there are any unmanaged clubs you sometimes get approached to take over there.

In another game I am playing I was manager of hearts with about 50p in the bank, the famous Al Ahly came in for me and said I would have ?70m to spend on players. I got the first plane to egypt and screwed over the jambos.

Also if there are any unmanaged clubs you sometimes get approached to take over there.

In another game I am playing I was manager of hearts with about 50p in the bank, the famous Al Ahly came in for me and said I would have ?70m to spend on players. I got the first plane to egypt and screwed over the jambos.

Needles to say u r now fluent in the lingo and have a top of the range camel :P

Carragher

potentially still up for grabs. However I've a team that I'm more happy with and I'm not in as much of a rush to raise funds now.

still happy to sell but you are looking at a transfer value of ?21m (first to meet that has him in the bag) lets bare in mind how difficult defenders with higher ratings seem to be ;)

player exchanges may be considered but I don't want your dross.

cash offer would seal the deal.

I've accepted your counter offer you hard task master you lol! :tongue:

yeah sorry about that. wee bit extra pays the squads wages for a week. :P

The Old Tolbooth
yeah sorry about that. wee bit extra pays the squads wages for a week. :P

I felt it evened things up a bit for the good deal I got on Benayoun ;)

It still leaves enough for a xmas night out for the lads :)

I felt it evened things up a bit for the good deal I got on Benayoun ;)

It still leaves enough for a xmas night out for the lads :)

glad you've been so sporting.

As I've said I was kicking myself a bit when that went through!

hey ho a will go arsenal if thats okay?

sent you a pm on soccermanager

surely some one is the gunners already? that or they are not in the league.

no one is the gunners or the mighty sao paulo :)

couldnt believe no one had took the gunners when a looked:eek:

couldnt believe no one had took the gunners when a looked:eek:

In that case you'll be one of the few left with money :laugh:

how about making a 94 rated Jamie Carragher your first signing?

The Old Tolbooth
glad you've been so sporting.

As I've said I was kicking myself a bit when that went through!

I could feel the pain :D

no been accepted yet but if a do there will be some deals going down.

but carragher never liked him and he will never be in an arsenal shirt:)

I now have two players on the list:

Paolo Assuncao

Real Life Player Fact File

Real Club:

Atl?tico Madrid - View

Born: 25 January 1980

Nationality: Brazilian Brazilian

Position: Defensive Midfield/Central Midfield (DM/CM) Player Position

Foot: Help Right

SM Player Fact File

SM Club:

Atl?tico Madrid (Managed)

Squad:

Senior Squad

Rating: Help 91

Last Rating Change: 0

SM Value: Help ?6,679,000

Contract:

2 Years - ?60,515 per Turn

And Pablo Ibanez:

Real Life Player Fact File

Real Club:

Atl?tico Madrid - View

Born: 3 August 1981

Nationality: Spanish Spanish

Position: Centre Back (CB) Player Position

Foot: Help Right

SM Player Fact File

SM Club:

Atl?tico Madrid (Managed)

Squad:

Senior Squad

Rating: Help 90

Last Rating Change: 2 (Date: 29-10-2008)

SM Value: Help ?6,551,000

Contract:

4 Years - ?59,850 per Turn

COME ON GET THE OFFERS IN YOU MAY BE SURPRISED...

Just becuase I'm bottom of the league doesn't mean you can get my players!!!!!

Tried to buy some myself but crappy office PC doesn't let the page run correctly. Never have enough time at home.

Such an easy start to the season - Liverpool then Man U tomorrow!!!!!!

Oh well - hammered 4-0 yet had most of the possession and shots at target. Will take time to learn this game.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Looks like Jamie Carragher will be joining Sevilla. He had feckin better be a rock at the back. Just cost me ?21m.

Liverpool - the city, and club of thieves :xmaseye:

Looking for a 90+ Striker, got upto 15m to offer and willing to throw in a 19yr old 85 rated striker!! Any offers??

For the record, Arsenal was taken on the original list and offered to a JKB member. Sadly they didn't accept and haven't, to my knowledge, posted here again.

I want the league full and all the best teams playing away hence why Arsenal are now peco's side. We are a game In now.

Sorry to the original chap.

The Old Tolbooth
Looking for a 90+ Striker, got upto 15m to offer and willing to throw in a 19yr old 85 rated striker!! Any offers??

Luca Toni or Klose any good in your deal?

anyone want to swap 2 92+ players for Ronaldo one has to be a RB

chris?

what other position would you want? ive got alves for rb

The Old Tolbooth
anyone want to swap 2 92+ players for Ronaldo one has to be a RB

Hmmmm, I've got Willie Sangol at RB rated 91, and I would do either Van Bommel or Schwienstieger (sp?)

Archived