Soccermanager.com

The Comedian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:P

As for my buying a load of scheidt, who knows how they will develop, but for ?10k a pop, I may as well take a chance.

Touche cotter, touche.

:laugh:

On one of the other leagues I play the Arsenal manager has signed up almost every player in the world. He has a first team of about 25 and a youth squad with about 100 players. His youth squad sometimes contains the likes of messi and fabregas.

equivalent of 60million spent on Kaka and he's out for the next two games :( an easy home match against liverpool next though so probably wont need him:mw_rolleyes:

If it makes you feel better, Hleb and Marquez had good games :laugh:

my youth team would beat fiorentina:tongue:

just having a nose. you have quite an impressive squad!

my team is on a high though so I still fancy my chances ;)

just having a nose. you have quite an impressive squad!

my team is on a high though so I still fancy my chances ;)

Nah, they've got a good first XI, but they don't have much depth :mw_rolleyes:

Nah, they've got a good first XI, but they don't have much depth :mw_rolleyes:

thats cause i keep giving my "squad" players away for injured players...its good to see that my reserve players get there game for you though:laugh:

1-1 at home to Lyon. Was a bit disappointed until I saw only 1 team had won a game in Division 2!

Good game dood! was a close one.... a few draws in our division.

signed .....

Lyon Manager

Good game dood! was a close one.... a few draws in our division.

signed .....

Lyon Manager

So you're the Lyon manager :mad:

If you're gonna bid for my Milan players have the decency to make it worth my while if it's a first teamer :tongue:

aw booo...you snooze you lose I suppose....I have only been able to logon and everyones got a team bar me:eek: I'll just have to take my baw and go home:mw_rolleyes:

If you're gonna bid for my Milan players have the decency to make it worth my while if it's a first teamer :tongue:

lol....Im skint....thers not much on the open market and everyone wants twice the players value.

its a jungle out there :laugh:

don't know if you seen it Malky...but this posted on soccermanager.com and was in response to the press release from AC Milan yesterday.

Lyon Manager shakes with rage at LIDL Jibe

John Clifford today was understandably shaking with rage! after AC Milan Manager Malky French issued a press release poking fun at the offers made for his Milan stars. French named and shamed Clifford as the main cuplprit in an attempt to deter Clifford from attemting to prize his best assets from under French's nose. French was quoted as saying

"I have a good team so I at least expect a bit of respect when the offers are made. Lyon are the worst I have to say, do they think they are shopping at Lidl?"

Cliffords response was direct and to the point.

" I am shaking with rage at they comments, I offer what I see as a fair reflection of a players abillity. Some managers inflate the prices to such an extent that they hope they frighten potential suitors off"

after a short pause Clifford then went on to say

" If we ever play them, I would love it if we beat them, Love it! When you say things like that about another manager, another manager like me, I'll tell you, I've kept really quiet about this, but I tell you, he's went down in my esitmation. I have not resorted to that, but you can tell him now...if he's watching this... I would love it if we sign their players on the cheap...love it"

Clifford then ran into the dressing room and kicked the tactics board up in the air!.

Clifford's next encounter is against Dutch cracks PSV, a game he thinks Lyon should not have any problems taking all three points.

1-1 at home to Lyon. Was a bit disappointed until I saw only 1 team had won a game in Division 2!

That would be me, with 10 men for the last hour too ;)

Sevilla will storm to the top of Division 2 in the next few weeks. Pompey got a lucky draw :P

Gavsy.. have we got a deal with Jesus Navas? u aint responded and I need to look at other options if this aint gonna happen? :D

That would be me, with 10 men for the last hour too ;)

Hmmm... a big chunk of your sqaud is half way to a pension. Not sure you will have the legs for the entire season.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Gavsy.. have we got a deal with Jesus Navas? u aint responded and I need to look at other options if this aint gonna happen? :D

I'll have a wee look now and get back to you. Only logged on for 5 minutes last night to check my team - didn't look at my messages.

Hmmm... a big chunk of your sqaud is half way to a pension. Not sure you will have the legs for the entire season.

When you have quality and experience then the ball does all the running ;) The old legs will be fine! Oh and I hope to bide my time in the transfer market until people start panicking after a few defeats, then I'll bring in some whippersnappers!

I'll have a wee look now and get back to you. Only logged on for 5 minutes last night to check my team - didn't look at my messages.

No problem mate! ;)

Have I completed missed it now?

you mean is there any teams left for you to join? I think there are a couple left no sue though.

PM Creator

Who is the Juve manager? Unlucky seemed like a close game! Ageuro is god!!!

That's me!

Gutted to lose the first game at home. Think I may have to tweak the tic-tacs for the game coming up against AC...

That's me!

Gutted to lose the first game at home. Think I may have to tweak the tic-tacs for the game coming up against AC...

Get right into that AC Milan. That Malky French is cause nothing but trouble with his diatribe in the media :D

That's me!

I am putting it down to beginners luck!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Erm - I'm not sure if I have done something which will affect a transfer, but I accidently hit 'Report' on the Huntelaar transfer to AC Milan (which includes Pato in a money plus player deal) - I meant to click on Pato to check out his value etc.

Apologies

:o

Erm - I'm not sure if I have done something which will affect a transfer, but I accidently hit 'Report' on the Huntelaar transfer to AC Milan (which includes Pato in a money plus player deal) - I meant to click on Pato to check out his value etc.

Apologies

:o

lol.......Hmmm. did you suspect that tapping of a player was taking place and you want to report this to the FA? Good idea....I wanted to buy Pato but got asked if I thought I was shopping in LIDL :D:P

Who is all in the chase for Garragher? I want him!

I put a 19 mill bid in for him .... liverpool been making some funny signings. Think the manager might be Steve Patterson or George Burley :laugh:

I put a 19 mill bid in for him .... liverpool been making some funny signings. Think the manager might be Steve Patterson or George Burley :laugh:

Christ thats good going! I'm out of it at that price!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Well you've beat me then. I bid ?16 million.

Unless, of course, that this nutter of a Liverpool boss doesn't sell to the highest bidder :laugh:

Milan have signed Neil McCann!!! And Boca have signed Kenny Miller! Bizarre.

Kenny miller....jeez ...might do a job for Bocca...Milan ...Neil McCann....crazy....I rekon he bought him for sentimental reasons.

don't know if you seen it Malky...but this posted on soccermanager.com and was in response to the press release from AC Milan yesterday.

Lyon Manager shakes with rage at LIDL Jibe

John Clifford today was understandably shaking with rage! after AC Milan Manager Malky French issued a press release poking fun at the offers made for his Milan stars. French named and shamed Clifford as the main cuplprit in an attempt to deter Clifford from attemting to prize his best assets from under French's nose. French was quoted as saying

"I have a good team so I at least expect a bit of respect when the offers are made. Lyon are the worst I have to say, do they think they are shopping at Lidl?"

Cliffords response was direct and to the point.

" I am shaking with rage at they comments, I offer what I see as a fair reflection of a players abillity. Some managers inflate the prices to such an extent that they hope they frighten potential suitors off"

after a short pause Clifford then went on to say

" If we ever play them, I would love it if we beat them, Love it! When you say things like that about another manager, another manager like me, I'll tell you, I've kept really quiet about this, but I tell you, he's went down in my esitmation. I have not resorted to that, but you can tell him now...if he's watching this... I would love it if we sign their players on the cheap...love it"

Clifford then ran into the dressing room and kicked the tactics board up in the air!.

Clifford's next encounter is against Dutch cracks PSV, a game he thinks Lyon should not have any problems taking all three points.

Distinct lack of profesionalism there mate falling for my mind games already :tongue:

You're gonna struggle once you're up with the big boys. Anyway don't think any of my players want to drop a division, and if they are going to drop a division it'll be me who takes them there :laugh:

Kenny miller....jeez ...might do a job for Bocca...Milan ...Neil McCann....crazy....I rekon he bought him for sentimental reasons.

Aye, Alan R (Liverpool) made a post yesterday that we should all have at least 1 ex-Hearts player in the team so I went for a cheap option. He's signed Driver by the look of things

Clum was 2.5m FFS :laugh:

The Old Tolbooth

Cant believe Barca's manager tried a straight swap between Abidal and Lahm, Lahm is worth double Abidals value, nice try though :D

Cant believe Barca's manager tried a straight swap between Abidal and Lahm, Lahm is worth double Abidals value, nice try though :D

thats me:laugh: saying that, abidal has a higher rating..and lets get the facts right, you came after abidal and i made a counter offer;)

funny signings how so? I was desperate for a right winger but all transfer completed and ended up with 3. Jose Sosa, Geovanni and Burke (the cheap option). Strengthened my forward line with Zaki and big Kenwyne Jones.

and then signed Driver as the token jambo and Hildebrand on a 'free' transfer.

They are all 87 rated + so hardly rubbish signings!

Carragher goes to the first bidder who can stump up ?20m (or nearest offer)

funny signings how so? I was desperate for a right winger but all transfer completed and ended up with 3. Jose Sosa, Geovanni and Burke (the cheap option). Strengthened my forward line with Zaki and big Kenwyne Jones.

and then signed Driver as the token jambo and Hildebrand on a 'free' transfer.

They are all 87 rated + so hardly rubbish signings!

Carragher goes to the first bidder who can stump up ?20m (or nearest offer)

I see I've missed the boat with Carra

87+, if they're not at least 90 I'm not even interested :laugh:

The Old Tolbooth
thats me:laugh: saying that, abidal has a higher rating..and lets get the facts right, you came after abidal and i made a counter offer;)

That is very true, but at least my offer was realistic (even although you have 4 keepers already:tongue:)

I don't really get how these 'real life' form ratings affect the game. For example burke is as good as zaki which obviously isnt anywhere near the case.

I'm just going to build up a squad of players I like. see what happens im sure my tactical genius will still win me the league :tongue::D

Archived