Heard yesterday

Colonel Kurtz

Wrong AGAIN.

I do not and never will hate Berra, i do not have a love in with Zal either.

Both are very average centre halves, nothing more, both could do with more experience beside them, both make mistakes....one is met with groans, the other is met with silence or blind eyes.

Both at times as this season has shown, will play better than the other.

I can see this, lots of others can see this, but there are a few on here who point blank refuse to believe that Berra can make mistakes and is not world class. There is even one poster on here who thinks that Berra did not make one single mistake yesterday.:eek:

Berra and Zal both make mistakes, normally someone is there to cover for Berra as teammates do, that hasn't happened for Zal in the last few games.

I have a go at Berra a few times (like a lot of folk do) for his lack of leadership as captain, he might not like being captain but he has the captaincy and should deal with it imo. Take yesterdays goal for example, defence cocked up, goalie came out too early (imo), instead of turning to Zal and Balogh and telling them to get tighter etc next time and encourage them to stick in there, he walks away doing nothing except a couple of wee hands in the air and looks at Zal/Balogh that offered no encouragement to anyone. That is not a one of and for that reason i mentioned that to bring in a youngster beside him may not be the best thing as he is a poor communicator (and not just with Zal) on the park.

To make clear i aint no Berra hater(i gave him motm yesterday and have done at other tiimes), i am just not in the camp of Berra is world class/blameless/never makes mistakes.

Whenever Zal makes a mistake you try to attach some sort of blame to Berra. I think that speaks volumes about your thoughts on Zal and Berra.

You spent far to much time on your reply.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whenever Zal makes a mistake you try to attach some sort of blame to Berra. I think that speaks volumes about your thoughts on Zal and Berra.

You spent far to much time on your reply.

Wrong again.

Though i think if you looked back to last season you will find posters who could go back 4 or 5 periods of play to the last time Zal touched the ball, to cover a Berra mistake (as he never makes one).

Three stories concerning Hearts I heard in Glasgow last week -

1. Kingston is going to WBA in January -player plus cash in return.

2. Hearts will sign Chris Burke in Janaury

3. Russell Anderson to Hearts in January.

I would take the three of they stories in a heartbeat mate.

I'd be delighted with that. Craig Beattie from West Brom?

Wrong again.

Though i think if you looked back to last season you will find posters who could go back 4 or 5 periods of play to the last time Zal touched the ball, to cover a Berra mistake (as he never makes one).

Of course Berra makes mistakes but when was the last time Berra made a mistake that cost us a goal ? I don't doubt it has happened but it is pretty rare. Just because I think Zal is a bombscare compared to Berra it does not mean I think he is world class or he does not make mistakes.

1. It is a long time until January and Mowbray will be out the door soon if they keep losing.

2 & 3. Are they out of contract?

1. Kingston is going to WBA in January -player plus cash in return. Beattie?

2. Hearts will sign Chris Burke in Janaury Would take him, but i am sure i read somewhere recently that another club were frightened off by his ?15k wages (same goes for Beattie i would imagine)

3. Russell Anderson to Hearts in January. Just as average as the 2 we have just now imo, but for experience (alongside Rapnik;)) he could do a job. Is he still not injured(would make him a stick on signing then)

Just because I think Zal is a bombscare compared to Berra it does not mean I think he is world class or he does not make mistakes.

And just because i don't think there is overall much between the 2 very average players, it does not mean i hate/dislike Berra. ;)

I'd be delighted with that. Craig Beattie from West Brom?

Bednar?

Anyway I presume the glitch was wage related and was pi$h

The game was nearly cancelled as the goals were vandalised on Friday night.

2....The heating broke down in the Gorgie suite

3.Bera away in January as he meeets the criterea....any sellable player we have a replacement for in the reserves

4.Another glitch

you seem to have heard a lot of negitive things about the hearts, do you ever hear anything possitive about my club, or is your glass ---half broken? on a day when we're sitting third and feeling good,,,,we get you

On the Berra being sold thing. I think this would be terrible to our season. I doubt Vlad will do it aswell. If he is wanting to build a team of mainly Scottish young players then I cant see him disrupting it by selling Berra. I hope not anyway as he has been a rock in our defence this season.

Dougie Masterton
It's no secret that if any decent bids are received for any of our players they will be considered.

I expect Berra to go if a suitable bid is received.

Kingston, Makela will be moved on and Karapidis is expected to return to Greece. None of these 3 would be missed although Karapidis has done well for us this season I do believe we are well covered in this position.

Have you been running up and down the white line? If Karapidis left now he wouldn't be missed as he does feck all in the over scheme of things. He's as good as a man short.

1. It is a long time until January and Mowbray will be out the door soon if they keep losing.

2 & 3. Are they out of contract?

No idea about Burke and Anderson's contract situations - the story about both of them came from a guy who is a corporate box holder at Ibrox and has been spot on about a number of things he's told me about Rangers over the past two years. He also said that there would be no signings at Ibrox in January as Murray is desperate to reduce the wage bill. So it looks like there may be a procession of faces leaving there.

What nonsense. Open your eyes, he's adapted excellently and is a very effective midfield enforcer - particularly in the air.

Sorry I disagree. Kari is contributing little!

Dougie Masterton
What nonsense. Open your eyes, he's adapted excellently and is a very effective midfield enforcer - particularly in the air.

Nothing wrong with my eyes mate, he contributes nothing.

Sorry I disagree. Kari is contributing little!

I have to agree with Borthers here,Karapidis is doing a good job in an unfamiliar role.

Charlie-Brown

I also think Jonsson has played better in his defensive roles this season both at full back and centre back than he has since returning to a midfield role in recent games.

I also think Jonsson has played better in his defensive roles this season both at full back and centre back than he has since returning to a midfield role in recent games.

Agreed.

Get him back to right back ;)

I know common sense is in pretty short supply when discussing the Romanov Empire but:

1. We knocked back an offer of 1 million plus for Berra in the summer
  2. It appears that Csaba has been trying to build a stronger defence so why would he want to sell our best defender?
  3. If Berra is given a new contract in the spring and continues to play better and better, his value will be much higher next summer
  4. If the team continues to grow stronger under Csaba and qualify for Europa, then we can attract a better quality player, bring in more money from European games, etc, etc.

Dougie Masterton
We would not have had the three clean sheets in recent times with anyone else in that position. I'll allow that he contributes to the often poor aesthetics of the team, but his positive role has been in the reversal of our previous defensive generosity and shifts the ball around from full back to full back, gaining us space to attack and allowing the other midfielders confidence to support the forward.

"Contributes nothing" = ignorance.

Pure conjecture. And the young lad Jonsson would be a better option.

His positive role. He's been playing in that position all season, so whats changed?

Pure conjecture. And the young lad Jonsson would be a better option.

His positive role. He's been playing in that position all season, so whats changed?

sorry Dougs,your being a wee tad harsh on Kiripidas;)

For me the lads an athlete.An engine thatll run all day.

Looks for a pass,take a pass ,play a pass.

Unlucky not to score yesterday.

scott herbertson

Jonsson can tackle ferociously but when in centre mid he used to make quite a few mistakes, - positioning and distribution which can be put down to youth mainly but were unsettling in building up play.

Karapidis is an undemonstrative but tidy player and there is no doubt that for the first time since the Brellier days we are tough to cut through in the middle, unless you float one for zaliukas to think about

Dougie Masterton
Jonsson wouldn't win as much in the air, and is less disciplined in staying back.

Growing in the role has been the difference.

Saying he contributes nothing is either ignorance or hyperbole.

Watch his performance at Easter Road again or pay attention to the way he helps the centre halves both when we're under the cosh and when we attack. Very intelligent, if understated.

Yes and Jonsson could also grow into the roll. He does nowt for me, but thanks for the lecture.

Karapidis didn't do as much yesterday for one reason. He didn't have as much to do. He wasn't pressured and strolled through the game because of it.

Dougie Masterton
Karapidis didn't do as much yesterday for one reason. He didn't have as much to do. He wasn't pressured and strolled through the game because of it.

Look at the BBC highlights. Look where he was throughout the build up to Falkirks goal. Look at his contribution when Falkirk created a couple of chances at the end.

Have to agree with Borthers, Scott H and Towzer. Most teams have an 'unsing hero' figure that gets little credit for what they do, but whose contribution is pivotal (although you sometimes only find that out when they're injured/gone). Neil McFarlane springs to mind :peepwall: And like McFarlane, Karipidis seems to divide opinion.

Karipidis is unspectacular in his current role, but he has given us a presence in midfield that has long been missing. Full marks to Csaba for recognising his potential in that.

Look at the BBC highlights. Look where he was throughout the build up to Falkirks goal. Look at his contribution when Falkirk created a couple of chances at the end.

And where was everyone else for the first goal?Again,at the end

we were like a bag of spanners,ye cannae blame kiripidas for all

that .

I thought russel anderson was injured for the season??

Yes that's probably why we will sign him every other players we sign seem to be injured so why break the habit.:sad::sad:

heard from a guy who doesd the security at the ground and knows the players

berra i happy

the post where done in by some ***** (but the cctv is not enough the guy sat on one set of posts the snaped the ran to the other then left)

yes the boiller blow but these trhings happen (i spent xmas day with out heating last year)

Zaliukus is a crap defender and if people rate him above Berra then theyre deluded.

Berra is a fantastic defender we must keep him.

It's no secret that if any decent bids are received for any of our players they will be considered.

It's always been like that but of course it's Vlads fault:rolleyes:

heard from a guy who doesd the security at the ground and knows the players

berra i happy

the post where done in by some ***** (but the cctv is not enough the guy sat on one set of posts the snaped the ran to the other then left)

yes the boiller blow but these trhings happen (i spent xmas day with out heating last year)

The moral here is, after a heavy drinking session, do not attempt to operate a keyboard!

The game was nearly cancelled as the goals were vandalised on Friday night.

2....The heating broke down in the Gorgie suite

3.Bera away in January as he meeets the criterea....any sellable player we have a replacement for in the reserves

4.Another glitch

2,3 and 4 will no doubt become "major" stories in the usual press just in time to play Rangers.

1 is a great story for the tabloids though and will possibly be written as:

"The goalposts have been moved again for Crisis team Hearts who have failed to win 5 in a row since Burley's inexplicable sacking at the hands of Mad Vlad.

Eccentric Vladimir Romanov, who, uncredibly dared to criticise SPL refs, claiming there was evidence of bias towards the Old Firm, currently instructs his Lithuanian manager to play only Lithuanian players at all costs. Lithuanians are famed for cheating by callously diving to gain advantage, something that is not found in the Scottish game. An good, honest Scottish Manger said "We don't need that here, we have good, honest Scottish Players like Broadfoot, Nakamura, McDonald and Maloney, not to mention keepers like MacGregor and Boruc - all good, honest Scots players who can work the ball without ever diving or playing dirty, to gain advantage - send them all home to Latvia or whatever I say"

Rangers are managed by Sir Walter Smith and are currently playing the best football in the world."

Just my guess.

Of course Berra makes mistakes but when was the last time Berra made a mistake that cost us a goal ? .

The Falkirk goal on Saturday.

Whilst others were partly to blame a lot of it must go down to Berra who is marking the boy (he is right behind him as he receives the pass) who receives a pass on the halfway line facing his own goal (if Berra had stuck to him he would have to play it back or sideways), instead Berra turns and runs away allowing the Falkirk boy all the space in the world to turn and play the through pass.

Guest JamboRobbo
The Falkirk goal on Saturday.

Whilst others were partly to blame a lot of it must go down to Berra who is marking the boy (he is right behind him as he receives the pass) who receives a pass on the halfway line facing his own goal (if Berra had stuck to him he would have to play it back or sideways), instead Berra turns and runs away allowing the Falkirk boy all the space in the world to turn and play the through pass.

the Falkirk goal on Saturday. As usual, it was a Zaliukas mistake which actually initiated the problem. As usual, he attacked a ball he was never getting to. As usual, he didn't get there, allowing the forward to turn away with the ball, with all the time in the world to slip in his mate.

As usual, it was Zaliukas who made the mistake which led to us conceding a goal.

Your desperation to blame Berra (who was absolutlely outstanding on Saturday) does you little credit.

It's maybe worth pointing out that, while he's been wrong before, the Colonel was right in suggesting a week or so ago that there'd be a run-in between Messrs Murray and Reid. Could you elaborate on point 4 CK, over PM if not on here?

I can elaborate for you. It's the same rumour which starts on The Bounce every month at the same time. It's now soooooooo boring but yet, some people on here still lap this garbage up.

I predict that they'll start the same one again next month at the same time and the same people on here will still try to make something out of it.

You dig?

Guest JamboRobbo
I can elaborate for you. It's the same rumour which starts on The Bounce every month at the same time. It's now soooooooo boring but yet, some people on here still lap this garbage up.

I predict that they'll start the same one again next month at the same time and the same people on here will still try to make something out of it.

You dig?

Aye right. There was a glitch on Friday. Pretend otherwise if you like. It was sorted quickly at least.

Aye right. There was a glitch on Friday. Pretend otherwise if you like. It was sorted quickly at least.

The only 'source' that I could find was The Bounce - do you have another, more reliable one that you're prepared to share?

At the end of the day if it was a genuine glitch Friday shows what should have happened last time.

Theres a difference between glitches and incompetence and it was quite blatant to everyone that last time was not a glitch and thus the clubs insistence it was caused a lot of the bad PR.

Both incidents are behind us and things are finally looking up, lets not give the Media amunition to do rangers a favour

Guest JamboRobbo
The only 'source' that I could find was The Bounce - do you have another, more reliable one that you're prepared to share?

not on the board no. But I already shared the info with you by PM on Friday so I'm suprised you're so suprised by the news.

not on the board no. But I already shared the info with you by PM on Friday so I'm suprised you're so suprised by the news.

Your PM didn't quote a source there either!

Guest JamboRobbo
Your PM didn't quote a source there either!

Well I'm not about to drop anyone in it am I.

I sent you that info by PM on Friday.

The Colonel, who most on here know is well connected to some of the players, also says there was "a glitch" on friday which was quickly sorted.

And you don't still believe it. Open your eyes mate.

the Falkirk goal on Saturday. As usual, it was a Zaliukas mistake which actually initiated the problem. As usual, he attacked a ball he was never getting to. As usual, he didn't get there, allowing the forward to turn away with the ball, with all the time in the world to slip in his mate.

As usual, it was Zaliukas who made the mistake which led to us conceding a goal.

Your desperation to blame Berra (who was absolutlely outstanding on Saturday) does you little credit.

How wrong can you be (again!).

Read my post, i said there were others partly to blame, in another thread i highlighted Zaliukas missed a tackle!! But Berra must take a lot of the responsibilty as unlike Zal who put in a tackle (hey it happens and happened to Berra and others on Saturday), Berra run away from his man when his man had the ball, making it so easy for him to turn and play it forward, instead of having to A. play it back or sideways or B. beat Berra with skill.

As usual the desperation on here to blame everything on Zaliukas whilst being blind to Berras faults does no-one any credit.

You and others on the otherhand look to the last time Zaliukas was involved in the play and ignore everything else that follows...........why only go as far back as Zal's involvement, why not look further back in the sequence of play?

Charlie-Brown

Balogh kicking long was the moment we conceded firm possession of the ball prior to falkirk scoring after that we were scrapping for the ball.

Well I'm not about to drop anyone in it am I.

I sent you that info by PM on Friday.

The Colonel, who most on here know is well connected to some of the players, also says there was "a glitch" on friday which was quickly sorted.

And you don't still believe it. Open your eyes mate.

No, I don't - and there should be a permanent glitch in the wages of the Colonel's source. You sent me the PM well after the rumour had started on The Bounce BTW.

Another parallel world exists on JKB

A debate about who was at fault for Falkirk's goal.

Zaliukas sold his entire defence the perfect dummy by lunging and missing at a forward pass creating a void in behind him - on Berra's opposite side, which he wasnt able to cover.

Mind you I think Balogh made it easy for Lovell

And to be honest it was just as well he scored otherwise Balogh might have been off.

Whilst I appreciate the view of Gambo in so far as its not only Zaliukas that makes mistakes, his are most basic and leave us most exposed. And the reason everyone launches into Zali is precisely due to this - his mistakes are in the awful / goal losing category. Even after his mistake for the goal he then passed across the defence straight to a Falkirk player minutes later.

The thought of Zaliukas being the senior CB in the team without Berra scares the bejeezus out of me to be honest. He shouldnt be in the team nevermind be the player of experience a youth player looks up to....

As an aside there is a distinct, but subtle difference in being a selling club where selling players is a bi-product of their success, and the whole footballing side of the club being set up and tailored to ensuring players are sold at certain times / stages of development etc

Guest JamboRobbo

You and others on the otherhand look to the last time Zaliukas was involved in the play and ignore everything else that follows...........why only go as far back as Zal's involvement, why not look further back in the sequence of play?

Because he repeatedly makes fundamental errors that have me pulling my hair out, and costing HMFC goals.

Archived