Heard yesterday

Colonel Kurtz

Guest JamboRobbo
And i can see why others don't want Zaliukas in the team, what i cant get my head round though is why he has to take sole responsibility/blame for a goal where others also made errors(not just Saturdays), just because he has made errors at other times.

He doesn't have to take sole responsibility if he doesn't want too. The goalie at least could've done better. Perhaps Berra could've too.

But Zaliukas is the only one who deserves to be dropped, because he's the only one who's been doing it repeatedly. The same mistake (trying to get to a ball he was never getting to) has contributed to the last two goals we conceded.......

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nonsense. He breaks the play up well, his distrobution is good, even if it is always the easy ball and most importantly, he slips into the back four immediately whenever either of our full backs push forward. He's been a brilliant surprise this season and if we lose him I think he'll be a reall miss.

That is what I see.

He is a very disciplined player and he is able to retain possession, he never gives it away. Anyone from the back four goes forward and fills in for them.

We had Jonsson there before and he has his qualities, he is more aggresive, has a high amount of energy and gets about the park well but he is always giving the ball away.

Seymour M Hersh

I wonder where the Colonel is after adding this thread he has dropped off the planet. He was logged on yesterday and appears to be logged on right know but seems to be choosing not to reply to posters.

Colonel Kurtz
I wonder where the Colonel is after adding this thread he has dropped off the planet. He was logged on yesterday and appears to be logged on right know but seems to be choosing not to reply to posters.

checking my shares yesterday and trying to figure out the new Nespresso coffee machine my good lady bought,its got me baffled,this morning.

I agree that there were a catalogue of errors leading up to the Falkirk goal.

Zal jumped in too early and left himself and Berra wide open. Berra did have the chance to really close of the guy he was marking, forcing him to either hold the ball or pass backwards. As it happened Berra chose to try and close the runner leaving his man far too much time to turn and make it easy to make the pass.

By that time it was far too late.

Balogh also made a poor decision to come so far out of his goal and should have allowed Wallace to try and jockey him out of position.

I think a combination of Zal, Berra and Balogh's errors were to blame for the goal. I cannot blame Wallace as he is our left back and was asked to cover right across the pitch and did what he could. He could not push Lovell wide as Balogh had come so far out of goal.

All in all, not a great bit of defending by the team.

Colonel Kurtz

Zal jumped in too early and left himself and Berra wide open. Berra did have the chance to really close of the guy he was marking, forcing him to either hold the ball or pass backwards. As it happened Berra chose to try and close the runner leaving his man far too much time to turn and make it easy to make the pass.

Balogh also made a poor decision to come so far out of his goal and should have allowed Wallace to try and jockey him out of position.

I think a combination of Zal, Berra and Balogh's errors were to blame for the goal. I cannot blame Wallace as he is our left back and was asked to cover right across the pitch and did what he could. He could not push Lovell wide as Balogh had come so far out of goal.

Agreed

christ its well seeing we havent conceded many goals lately,this one has been dissected more than a resus monkey

He's been solid as a rock this season. Our most consistent player by a street.

Not a sexy player by any means and his effectiveness is unseen but he does all the Brellier things, only 10 times better than Brellier ever did them

Sorry, I too think Kara has been terrific this season in a hitherto unfamiliar role, but that is just drivel.

Exactly.

Archived