Heard yesterday

Colonel Kurtz

Colonel Kurtz

The game was nearly cancelled as the goals were vandalised on Friday night.

2....The heating broke down in the Gorgie suite

3.Bera away in January as he meeets the criterea....any sellable player we have a replacement for in the reserves

4.Another glitch

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3. We do not have a replacement for Berra in the reserves IMO. If Berra is sold and the replacement comes from the reserves we will really struggle.

3. We do not have a replacement for Berra in the reserves IMO. If Berra is sold and the replacement comes from the reserves we will really struggle.

I would have no fears if Rapnik or Balatoni were given a shot.

I agree with Rapnik... even from what little I've seen of him, I think he could be a tremendous player

3.Bera away in January as he meeets the criterea....any sellable player we have a replacement for in the reserves

4.Another glitch

1. Was CCTV able to give any clues as to the culprits? How much damage was done?

2. Is this a one-off?

3. Who's the nominated replacement?

4. What sort of glitch?

4.Another glitch

Number 2 is defo right as i had exam on the tuesday and thats when the boiler blew up in the gorgie suite.

I also heard yesterday that Livingston enquired about making Elliots switch permanent and were quoted a figure of ?4 million by Hearts. :unsure:

*Apologies if this has already been mentioned somewhere else on the board.

I also heard yesterday that Livingston enquired about making Elliots switch permanent and were quoted a figure of ?4 million by Hearts. :unsure:

*Apologies if this has already been mentioned somewhere else on the board.

Was the quote dropped onto Almondvale by a squadron of flying pigs? :)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Is this a Sir Gay fantasy glitch or a fact?

Also, what's the bets a "Berra to Rangers" non-story appears in the press this week?

That's because you don't rate Berra. Neither of those players are ready to replace Berra. The superstar that plays beside on the other hand..... :)

Berra being sold would not be the end of the world IMO. He is an excellent young player and as long as we cash in (ie get decent money) I would have no problem with him leaving.

If this is indeed the plan of the club, I find it ignorant in the extreme that they did not give Rapnik the chance to play when Zaliukas was suspended.

Berra being sold would not be the end of the world IMO. He is an excellent young player and as long as we cash in (ie get decent money) I would have no problem with him leaving.

If this is indeed the plan of the club, I find it ignorant in the extreme that they did not give Rapnik the chance to play when Zaliukas was suspended.

A conspirator might suggest someone is scared to play another centre half when Zal is out in case they play well.

A conspirator might suggest someone is scared to play another centre half when Zal is out in case they play well.

:)

Unfortunately, as long as Romanov is in charge, I believe that Zaliukas will be in our first team. :( Playing him alongside an untried youngster scares me.

That's because you don't rate Berra. Neither of those players are ready to replace Berra. The superstar that plays beside on the other hand..... :)

Nothing to do with how i rate Berra. If someone makes a decent ?'s bid for one of our average players (Berra in this instance) it makes sense to sell and give one of the youngsters knocking on the door a chance. Wether that youngster plays beside Zaliukas/Karipidis/Jonsson/New signing we will wait and see.

I think Rapnik IS ready for first team action and as BH said he should have had a chance v St. Midden.

As a side issue, one of the draw backs with how we go about getting results (one goal victories) is that i think it will be very hard for any youngster on the bench to get put on and given a wee run out when we are defending a one goal lead.

:)

Unfortunately, as long as Romanov is in charge, I believe that Zaliukas will be in our first team. :( Playing him alongside an untried youngster scares me.

The same could be said for Berra.

Any youngster coming in would need a helping hand in being talked through the game, Zal i am afraid to say (considering Berra is our captain) would be a better choice. He encourages those around him, he talks to those around him, Berra more than often just worries about himself. (yesterdays goal was a prime example)

Better option is that he plays beside a new centre half altogether.

I think Rapnik IS ready for first team action and as BH said he should have had a chance v St. Midden.

Jonsson was picked instead of Rapnik, he had a good game, we kept a clean sheet, won the match and Jonsson scored the winner but Csaba was wrong to play him.

Guest jambomickey
Jonsson was picked instead of Rapnik, he had a good game, we kept a clean sheet, won the match and Jonsson scored the winner but Csaba was wrong to play him.

think your spot on about jonsson and the st mirren game! after winning, keeping a clean sheet and jonsson scoring the winner nobody can argue with csabas decision.

Never said that. What we have just now is a wee squad of about 15-16 players who will be moved to a new position within the team to keep them in the team rather than play someone from the reserves/bench.

Jonsson at Centre half v St. Midden worked out well, but i would still like to have seen Rapnik who has bided his time on the bench for most of the season get a chance rather than shoehorn(i know Jonsson has played there before) someone else into that position.

think your spot on about jonsson and the st mirren game! after winning, keeping a clean sheet and jonsson scoring the winner nobody can argue with csabas decision.

Also people seem to forget that he regulary play CB for his country be it the full side or U-21 so it was not really that big a risk as oppossed to throwing in a young lad for his debut in a game that was a must win.

we are third in the league, if we want to keep this up we need our best players.. yet some of you want to sell our captain in januray, halfway through the season?!?:rolleyes:

I think Berra has been excellent recently and has held the defence together

He wins almost all the high balls played thro' especially yesterday against Higdon who was about 6 inches taller than him and his pace on the ground covers up for Zal's mistakes (apart from yesterday).

To sell him in January would be like the sale of Velicka who was the only person we had who could score.

But we all know that Vlad is in the business of selling any marketable asset on to the highest bidder so I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

I thought it was interesting in Gary MacKay's book he said that when he met Vlad, Vlad put a team up on a white board then wrote beside Berra 2009 and beside Lee Wallace 2011, when gary asked what it was about, Vlad said that is when the player will be most value. I would be greatly disappointed but not overly surprised if Berra was sold in January.

I thought he was outstanding yesterday

Any youngster coming in would need a helping hand in being talked through the game, Zal i am afraid to say (considering Berra is our captain) would be a better choice. He encourages those around him, he talks to those around him, Berra more than often just worries about himself. (yesterdays goal was a prime example)

Zaliukas is not the answer, far from it. Given the choice I would have any Hearts defender of the last twenty years ahead of him, yup, even Petric. To suggest that Zaliukas is better at ANYTHING than any other centre half we have is nonsense, and you know it. ;)

True, but most people would think that if Berra went, we'd need TWO centre halfs not just ONE, and putting two young laddies in at the same time would be a disaster

Nothing to do with how i rate Berra.

Berra 7 Motm, solid performance (made as many errors as Zal though)

Zaliukas 6 Caught out with goal (no-one again to sweep up behind him) but had a decent game tidying up in defence.

Gambo your blinded y your hatred for Berra and your love in with Zali.

Losing Berra in January would be a massive blow unless we bring in some one to replace him. Zali is a bomb scare at times and a youngster next to him would be a disaster in my opinion.

I'd only sell Berra in January if we were offered silly money. I'd much prefer to lose him at the end of the season when we have the time to find some one to take his place.

Apparently, and this is complete rumour. Berra has told his current girlfriend that he can't commit to a future with her as he has no idea where he will be come January.

You consistently talk the biggest pile of steaming nonsense on KB Gambo. As I've said in the Gullit lounge thread on Berra, when virtually everyone else thinks you are talking out of your erse, you really have to question whether that actually might be the case....

I'd be happier if we can sign Berra up for another season. Come the end of the season he will only have a year left so his value will not be great.

The problem is finding the money to pay for his new contract.

Theres no way we can survive by selling berra in january. I think if wer still in strong contention for europe he will stay anyway.

It's no secret that if any decent bids are received for any of our players they will be considered.

I expect Berra to go if a suitable bid is received.

Kingston, Makela will be moved on and Karapidis is expected to return to Greece. None of these 3 would be missed although Karapidis has done well for us this season I do believe we are well covered in this position.

4.Another glitch

It's maybe worth pointing out that, while he's been wrong before, the Colonel was right in suggesting a week or so ago that there'd be a run-in between Messrs Murray and Reid. Could you elaborate on point 4 CK, over PM if not on here?

portobellojambo1
Any youngster coming in would need a helping hand in being talked through the game, Zal i am afraid to say (considering Berra is our captain) would be a better choice. He encourages those around him, he talks to those around him

Although you have posted the above Gambo I really cannot believe you meant it, I am guessing it is being posted from a "controversy" angle. The last person I would want to see talking a youngster through a game is Zaliukas. Whatever the scenario, whatever the profession the tutor should always be better, more equipped to do the job, than his pupil, and in this case, irrespective of the youngster, that would not apply.

It's maybe worth pointing out that, while he's been wrong before, the Colonel was right in suggesting a week or so ago that there'd be a run-in between Messrs Murray and Reid. Could you elaborate on point 4 CK, over PM if not on here?

With due respect Shaun, CK has not exactly had a great rumour track record the years on this forum, although I do respect his contributions to the forum. The fact he has put the glitch as no. 4 on the list, suggests that he does not even place a great deal of credibility on that one and given there are a number of contributors on here who are friends with the players on here, I'm sure the story would have broken by now.

With due respect Shaun, CK has not exactly had a great rumour track record the years on this forum, although I do respect his contributions to the forum. The fact he has put the glitch as no. 4 on the list, suggests that he does not even place a great deal of credibility on that one and given there are a number of contributors on here who are friends with the players on here, I'm sure the story would have broken by now.

And number 1 isn't exactly a secret.

portobellojambo1
It's no secret that if any decent bids are received for any of our players they will be considered.

I expect Berra to go if a suitable bid is received.

Kingston, Makela will be moved on and Karapidis is expected to return to Greece. None of these 3 would be missed although Karapidis has done well for us this season I do believe we are well covered in this position.

I have heard the stories too about Berra, the way he is playing at the moment I would actually be disappointed to lose him, unless there was concrete proof a top notch central defender was to be purchased (and I think this is highly unlikely). I also think we still have not seen the best of Karipidis, I think he is doing a very good job in midfield at the moment, but that is not his correct position.

Kingston, from what I heard, is gone, already agreed, and another club informed he is unavailable for that reason.

I also heard something about another glitch on Friday, but just told the person that told me to feck off.

Thunderstruck
Is this a Sir Gay fantasy glitch or a fact?

Also, what's the bets a "Berra to Rangers" non-story appears in the press this week?

We can't really complain about media speculation or mischief-making when we have our own "fifth columnists" making a valiant attempt to prove the "infinite monkey theory".

What's with the Hispano-English gobbledigook ?

Wrong AGAIN.

I do not and never will hate Berra, i do not have a love in with Zal either.

Both are very average centre halves, nothing more, both could do with more experience beside them, both make mistakes....one is met with groans, the other is met with silence or blind eyes.

Both at times as this season has shown, will play better than the other.

I can see this, lots of others can see this, but there are a few on here who point blank refuse to believe that Berra can make mistakes and is not world class. There is even one poster on here who thinks that Berra did not make one single mistake yesterday.:eek:

Berra and Zal both make mistakes, normally someone is there to cover for Berra as teammates do, that hasn't happened for Zal in the last few games.

I have a go at Berra a few times (like a lot of folk do) for his lack of leadership as captain, he might not like being captain but he has the captaincy and should deal with it imo. Take yesterdays goal for example, defence cocked up, goalie came out too early (imo), instead of turning to Zal and Balogh and telling them to get tighter etc next time and encourage them to stick in there, he walks away doing nothing except a couple of wee hands in the air and looks at Zal/Balogh that offered no encouragement to anyone. That is not a one of and for that reason i mentioned that to bring in a youngster beside him may not be the best thing as he is a poor communicator (and not just with Zal) on the park.

To make clear i aint no Berra hater(i gave him motm yesterday and have done at other tiimes), i am just not in the camp of Berra is world class/blameless/never makes mistakes.

I have heard the stories too about Berra, the way he is playing at the moment I would actually be disappointed to lose him, unless there was concrete proof a top notch central defender was to be purchased (and I think this is highly unlikely). I also think we still have not seen the best of Karipidis, I think he is doing a very good job in midfield at the moment, but that is not his correct position.

Kingston, from what I heard, is gone, already agreed, and another club informed he is unavailable for that reason.

I also heard something about another glitch on Friday, but just told the person that told me to feck off.[/QUOTE]

It was doing the rounds on Hobos.net

The players have been paid - confirmed to me today by someone who knows. As you say it would have been out by now in any case.

Jan will see a few leaving but maybe 1 or 2 joining. Just hope 1 is a stricker.

By any chance you didn't mistake what you heard and it was Zal that was being sold and a youngster coming into his place.

I think the definition of the above is wishful thinking.

Berra holds our defence together and would be a bigger miss than some people realise. Saying that I don't think we can say no to a good offer.

I honestly can't believe that people have said Berra is world class!!!!!!!!!

I think the term "World Class" is used far too readily nowadays imo.

I have heard the stories too about Berra' date=' the way he is playing at the moment I would actually be disappointed to lose him, unless there was concrete proof a top notch central defender was to be purchased (and I think this is highly unlikely). I also think we still have not seen the best of Karipidis, I think he is doing a very good job in midfield at the moment, but that is not his correct position.

[b']I also heard something about another glitch on Friday, but just told the person that told me to feck off.[/[/b]QUOTE]

The players have been paid - confirmed to me today by someone who knows. As you say it would have been out by now in any case.

As i have said to you in the past,i believe you to be pretty clued up as to what goes on at tynie.

I heard yesterday that Driver to Celtic in January and Kingston to Sheff Utd?.

Can you shed any light on this or do you think it may be bull?.

I have heard the stories too about Berra' date=' the way he is playing at the moment I would actually be disappointed to lose him, unless there was concrete proof a top notch central defender was to be purchased (and I think this is highly unlikely). I also think we still have not seen the best of Karipidis, I think he is doing a very good job in midfield at the moment, but that is not his correct position.

[b']I also heard something about another glitch on Friday, but just told the person that told me to feck off.[/[/b]QUOTE]

Also heard this as well re the Wages glitch thing, rumour come from ****.net but by Friday afternoon players had been paid.

Berra is a decent defender who is finally progressing as a player after not progressing for at least a season now.

The same could be said of Andy Driver, Lee Wallace and even Zaliukas.

His tactics/subs/amount of control may be in question by some but Csaba has been a great influence on loads of players at Hearts.

Berra is a decent defender who is finally progressing as a player after not progressing for at least a season now.

The same could be said of Andy Driver, Lee Wallace and even Zaliukas.

His tactics/subs/amount of control may be in question by some but Csaba has been a great influence on loads of players at Hearts.

Have to agree about the Csaba part,he seems to be a very good man manager who the players are responding to.

I wonder what he could have done with Pinilla?.

Apparently, and this is complete rumour. Berra has told his current girlfriend that he can't commit to a future with her as he has no idea where he will be come January.

I mind I used to tell my fling burds that aswell, sorry darling, cany commit, don't know where I'll be living in January. Geez a rest mate wi daft statements like that - up there wi the best like ' sorry hen, i'm an MI5 agent so can't tell you me real name or where I live but we can get a hotel for the night'!!!

Archived