101 Mad Vlad Moments

Enzo Chiefo

Charlie-Brown
You're obviously not 'getting it' mate!

It's a discussion forum and on that basis I can't see your issue. Listen, if you're content then I'm happy for you. Just don't want to see you get taken in.

It's okay Fabuloso "we won't eat prunes again"..... :)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're obviously not 'getting it' mate!

It's a discussion forum and on that basis I can't see your issue. Listen, if you're content then I'm happy for you. Just don't want to see you get taken in.

Don't worry - I won't get taken in but thanks for the concern.

You don't want to organise protest but you want to lead us to the 'the big picture' so I'm assuming either:

a) you're waiting for someone else to do it for you.

B) you think that staying away from games and coming on here is going to instigate change.

c) you have an ulterior motive / agenda.

I wish I could say that I was actually interested in which one you would choose. Sadly, I can't.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Extree indeed! My feeling is that I can't feel the same way about a football result when the players aren't there on merit. That's cheating everyone who has paid to see a football match and turn up to support the club they love. What's strange about that?

I understand where you are coming from, but what qualifies you to judge whether the players are there on merit or not? The crowd doesn't pick the team.

I do accept, though, that the perception of accountability of the management of the team doesn't help anyone. FWIW, I think the vast majority of team selections, if not all, this season have been made by Csaba and I have seen no compelling evidence to dissuade me from that view.

I understand where you are coming from, but what qualifies you to judge whether the players are there on merit or not? The crowd doesn't pick the team.

I do accept, though, that the perception of accountability of the management of the team doesn't help anyone. FWIW, I think the vast majority of team selections, if not all, this season have been made by Csaba and I have seen no compelling evidence to dissuade me from that view.

Geoff, a lot of people tend to overlook the possibility that CL is fully autonomous but just not very good!!

Geoff, a lot of people tend to overlook the possibility that CL is fully autonomous but just not very good!!

What about Korobochka and Cervenkov, though? And in fairness to Csaba, he's been good enough to make real progress with team morale and playing as a unit: hence our improved results.

Guest Fabuloso

I don't need to qualify myself. I make an informed judgment with the information I have on VR to date. A friend of mine headed up the marketing dept until recently and even he'd seen the evidence. We both know it's not great.

Maybe this season is Csaba's however once a rotten egg, always a rotten egg. Unless VR now has developed a new found fondness for the club!

Geoff Kilpatrick
What about Korobochka and Cervenkov, though? And in fairness to Csaba, he's been good enough to make real progress with team morale and playing as a unit: hence our improved results.

Hopefully these spare parts disappear soon. They serve no useful purpose at the club.

That post reads like a contradiction to me Shaun!

Either way, still to be convinced about Csaba, especially if he thinks Jamie Mole is a player.

That post reads like a contradiction to me Shaun!

Either way, still to be convinced about Csaba, especially if he thinks Jamie Mole is a player.

I'd say he doesn't have many alternatives in the squad - and is hamstrung by finances, with more sales ahead in January. On your first point: well, sure. It's all supposition. My interpretation is that Csaba has more autonomy than his predecessors, and has been able to provide real structure to the team and squad - but that Korobochka and Cervenkov do still play a role, and it's still an odd set-up. When it comes to interference, I'm actually focused on these two, and not Vlad!

Guest Fabuloso
Don't worry - I won't get taken in but thanks for the concern.

You don't want to organise protest but you want to lead us to the 'the big picture' so I'm assuming either:

a) you're waiting for someone else to do it for you.

B) you think that staying away from games and coming on here is going to instigate change.

c) you have an ulterior motive / agenda.

I wish I could say that I was actually interested in which one you would choose. Sadly, I can't.

I didn't actually say that however here's where I stand. I know you're interested.

a) If someone were to coordinate a movement of some sort I would want to take part. For sure. They wouldn't be doing for me - they'd be doing for the club.

B) If this was done en masse then it would provoke a reaction I'm sure. Posting itself won't change peoples minds, no. However I try to enlighten...

c) Not sure what you mean here.

I'd say he doesn't have many alternatives in the squad - and is hamstrung by finances, with more sales ahead in January. On your first point: well, sure. It's all supposition. My interpretation is that Csaba has more autonomy than his predecessors, and has been able to provide real structure to the team and squad - but that Korobochka and Cervenkov do still play a role, and it's still an odd set-up. When it comes to interference, I'm actually focused on these two, and not Vlad!

Alternatives to Mole? Nade (which he seems to have realised now), Glen (which he hasn't).

What I meant by contradiction is you seem to infer that that AK and AC are still interfering but CL should get the credit for improving team morale?

I didn't actually say that however here's where I stand. I know you're interested.

a) If someone were to coordinate a movement of some sort I would want to take part. For sure. They wouldn't be doing for me - they'd be doing for the club.

B) If this was done en masse then it would provoke a reaction I'm sure. Posting itself won't change peoples minds, no. However I try to enlighten...

c) Not sure what you mean here.

Not remotely interested but here's my final response:

a) Speak to Shaun & JamboVambo but guys like you are ten-a-penny.

B) That's why you're here of course - to provoke a reaction.

c) For one who claims to be so enlightened, you're not very bright, are you? I'm sure one of our more erudite posters will be along to shine a light and show you the way. :rolleyes:

Geoff Kilpatrick
I don't need to qualify myself. I make an informed judgment with the information I have on VR to date. A friend of mine headed up the marketing dept until recently and even he'd seen the evidence. We both know it's not great.

Maybe this season is Csaba's however once a rotten egg, always a rotten egg. Unless VR now has developed a new found fondness for the club!

OK, that leads to one obvious question: If your friend in Marketing had seen the evidence, what made you stick with things?

Secondly, you are suggesting there is no way back for Vlad in your eyes. Fair enough. Can I suggest, therefore, that you and like-minded people form a campaign where you deposit the equivalent of ST money in a bank account and say that you will return once he sells up?

And I'm not being flippant! The point I'm making is that Romanov did unleash potential at this club in his first season with his financial backing. There were no other bidders at the table. To attract a bidder, therefore, there needs to be proof that bums can be put back on seats irrespective of how big the playing budget is and fans who feel like this can demonstrate that it is Romanov, and only Romanov, that is preventing their attendance at Tynecastle.

Alternatives to Mole? Nade (which he seems to have realised now), Glen (which he hasn't).

What I meant by contradiction is you seem to infer that that AK and AC are still interfering but CL should get the credit for improving team morale?

I am, yes - because I view them as part of the problem, and our results last season and the year before as ample evidence of this. In other words, I think Csaba is doing well in spite of the system: not because of it.

Neither Lacostelad or Enzo Chiefo or Fabuloso have yet to explain what 'the bigger picture' is?

CB - when I refer to the "bigger picture" I am referring to the aims and ambitions of the club owners and what their long term goals are. No matter who has been in charge over the years ...Archie Martin, Bobby Parker, Wallace Mercer...there was always communication. The AGM always gave you an insight into the financial position and was usually the forum where forthcoming plans were laid out by the directors. Wallace Mercer was a black-belt in the art of communicating with the fans. Things started to go awry under Robinson..but under Romanov it has been nothing short of shameful. Roman Romanov's disparaging attitude, at the AGM, towards shareholders with genuine concerns was disgraceful.

I maintain that to have affinity with the club, fans have to feel part of the club and have to be treated with respect.

Now, if Romanov was to release a statement saying the new stand was on hold for a few years, the debt is ?X and we can't afford any signings in January then I for one would be satisfied with that and would feel encouraged to get out and back the team again. It wouldn't be good news that he was relaying but at least he would be keeping us informed. I don't care whether it is the Russian way or not...he is in charge of a Scottish club and has a duty to the fans of that club.

An additional worry for me is that I am unsure whether VR actually WANTS success....because he was on the cusp under Burley and he blew it. Still, however, we managed to qualify for the CL but again he made no effort, in terms of signings, to bolster our attempt to reach the group stages. Again, last season we were heading for the top 6 and he sold Velicka.

It just simply doesn't add up. If, as Phil Anderton was quoted as saying, Romanov hated it when the fans sang the praises of Brellier and Burley, then unfortunately that would indicate that we are under the ownership of a man who has serious problems...because every other football chairman in Britain would be sitting smugly in the stand rubbing their hands if the fans sung in support of people they had brought to the club.

To sum up, if, and I stress "if" Romanov is in some way jealous of anyone else at the club being popular and successful then I'm afraid we will NEVER be successful under his ownership.

Can anyone on here honestly confirm that if in 3 years time, we are in exactly the same position as just now and I mean 8th one week and 3rd the next...but with no end game in sight... that they will still be purchasing STs.

Charlie-Brown

Enzo most people on this forum are active Hearts supporters and some ex-pats who maintain a strong interest in the clubs affairs and results so the question is would people still go in 3 years time? the answer of the vast majority would probably be yes regardless if things were better or worse - most people just want to support their team and try to enjoy their day out at the fitba and/or the social aspect that goes with it.

PresidentRomanov

Can anyone on here honestly confirm that if in 3 years time, we are in exactly the same position as just now and I mean 8th one week and 3rd the next...but with no end game in sight... that they will still be purchasing STs.

I can confirm that, yes :)

john brownlee
Let me put it another way. I'll go back if the board's no1 priority is providing the best team possible for HMFC. It's that simple.

they are

maybe not up to your expectations, you clown .

if you want Hearts to siixseess then get you bums on the seats . just look west my son

Guest Fabuloso
they are

maybe not up to your expectations, you clown .

if you want Hearts to siixseess then get you bums on the seats . just look west my son

Absolutely no idea what you're on about pal. Terrible English.

Guest Fabuloso
OK, that leads to one obvious question: If your friend in Marketing had seen the evidence, what made you stick with things?

Secondly, you are suggesting there is no way back for Vlad in your eyes. Fair enough. Can I suggest, therefore, that you and like-minded people form a campaign where you deposit the equivalent of ST money in a bank account and say that you will return once he sells up?

And I'm not being flippant! The point I'm making is that Romanov did unleash potential at this club in his first season with his financial backing. There were no other bidders at the table. To attract a bidder, therefore, there needs to be proof that bums can be put back on seats irrespective of how big the playing budget is and fans who feel like this can demonstrate that it is Romanov, and only Romanov, that is preventing their attendance at Tynecastle.

Geoff - I think anyone seiously interested in Hearts would know all about the size of the club and its potential. It's never been a secret. People say there's no-one else interested in Hearts however in reality most people have no idea if that's the case. Furthermore who's to say that any interested party is waiting for an opportunity to get involved? Perhaps not - but maybe the interest would stem from unrest at the club and its fanbase. It's a tough one for the fans.

Charlie-Brown
Geoff - I think anyone seiously interested in Hearts would know all about the size of the club and its potential. It's never been a secret. People say there's no-one else interested in Hearts however in reality most people have no idea if that's the case. Furthermore who's to say that any interested party is waiting for an opportunity to get involved? Perhaps not - but maybe the interest would stem from unrest at the club and its fanbase. It's a tough one for the fans.

There has never been a queue of people wanting to buy Hearts the last 3 times they went on sale in 1981, 1994 & 2004 and in the credit crunch unless somebody was cash rich i doubt they would get bank finance to buy a club likes Hearts that has been loss-making / in debt for over a decade - that is not trying to be scare-mongering that is my assessment of the economic situation, maybe it's best if we all just batten down the hatches, survive the economic downturn and support our fitba team as we always have done and try to help the team win some matches? :)

Guest Fabuloso
There has never been a queue of people wanting to buy Hearts the last 3 times they went on sale in 1981, 1994 & 2004 and in the credit crunch unless somebody was cash rich i doubt they would get bank finance to buy a club likes Hearts that has been loss-making / in debt for over a decade - that is not trying to be scare-mongering that is my assessment of the economic situation, maybe it's best if we all just batten down the hatches, survive the economic downturn and support our fitba team as we always have done and try to help the team win some matches? :)

I agree it's not a great time for a club to be in limbo.

Geoff Kilpatrick

So much so that it took someone from Eastern Europe to buy the club at a time of distress when the shareholding was far more diverse and a key shareholder was trying to maximise the amount it would receive for its shares and debt?

Scottish football's problem is that its worldwide appeal is limited to the ex-pat market. Romanov's primary reason for involvement with HMFC was to 'showcase' his players in a bid to increase their value in the European market and, ideally, get them to the Premiership. However, his knowledge of football makes Chick Young's look like Bob Crampsey's in comparison and it's failed miserably.

There is an ideal candidate out there (about to retire, inflated pension and respected business figure who loves HMFC). The question is whether he is that interested.

The best one has to be the former liverpool youth he tried to sign based on some run of the mill remark only to find out the guy was playing amatuer football in Wales due to doing his knee in and packing in professionally.

The story went he asked someone who the best player they had seen was, and they named this boy, who they then went after

The strangest thing we’ve heard about the Hearts interest in all things Red is their attempt to sign a player from Liverpool that left some time ago. According to The Liverpool Way website, Hearts asked Liverpool about the availability of a midfielder, Carl Clampitt. Clampitt left Liverpool three years ago after realising Liverpool wouldn’t offer him a professional deal. Preston came in for the player but in the end a knee injury saw them release him at the end of his contract. The most recent team he played for was Cammel Lairds, currently in North West Counties Division One.

The sudden interest came as a huge shock to the player, and he got as far agreeing personal terms and going through a medical. It was the fact he failed the medical that saw the deal fall through, which was obviously a massive blow to the player.

http://www.welshpremier.com/PlayerDisplay.ink?season=06/07&squadno=10062&type=p

Archived