101 Mad Vlad Moments

Enzo Chiefo

Honestly? I was bored. Nothing more, nothing less. Oh, and I always find it amusing/laughable/sad when people who have differing opinions are automatically classed as 'hobos' by certain elements. All this shows is a lack of ability to debate properly.

Anyhow shouldn't you be scouring the other posts to find more of these imposters?

You were bored? That would explain it then...........:rolleyes:

Listen, your card has been well and truly marked so why don't you go back to discussing balance sheets, Brazilian flair and Adminaystrayshun along with Lacoste Lad over on weareninthbutdinnaecarelikesay.net?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Christ, the only time in history Hearts haven't done that was in the first year or so of Romanov's ownership!

Asset stripping? Buying assets in the likes of Bednar and Skacel for a few hundred thousand and making millions on them isn't asset stripping, it's just good business. Similarly knocking back ?3 million from Fulham for Craig Gordon (no other Hearts owner would have done so) and getting ?9 million a few months later is fantastic business.

When have Hearts ever replaced departing players with players of similar quality? ....and I've also spotted the massive, gaping contradiction in your argument...on the one hand you want the wages to turnover ratio reduced, but you also want us to increase spending on players?:o

I'm not a fan in the slightest with the way Romanov has run Hearts over the last few years, but some contributors do serious damage to the credibility of those who do hold Romanov-skeptic opinions by posting such pish.

Don't recall ever advocating increasing expenditure on players. So, I think my argument is still sound. You cannot run any business with that kind of ratio. Paying huge wages to imposters like Nade and Kingston with little or no return is what is strangling the club. We've persisted with Nade for months through all his lack of fitness, timekeeping and over-eating issues and what have we had in return.....1 goal. Meantime, Gary Glen has not even been given the opportunity to kick a ball this season.....on Vlad's orders, I presume. Maybe he has committed the cardinal sin, in Mad Vlads eyes of course, of supporting an OF team.............whatever next, a Scottish player supporting one of the OF...can't recall that happening before:rolleyes:

Christ, the only time in history Hearts haven't done that was in the first year or so of Romanov's ownership!

Asset stripping? Buying assets in the likes of Bednar and Skacel for a few hundred thousand and making millions on them isn't asset stripping, it's just good business. Similarly knocking back ?3 million from Fulham for Craig Gordon (no other Hearts owner would have done so) and getting ?9 million a few months later is fantastic business.

When have Hearts ever replaced departing players with players of similar quality? ....and I've also spotted the massive, gaping contradiction in your argument...on the one hand you want the wages to turnover ratio reduced, but you also want us to increase spending on players?:o

I'm not a fan in the slightest with the way Romanov has run Hearts over the last few years, but some contributors do serious damage to the credibility of those who do hold Romanov-skeptic opinions by posting such pish.

Yes, you can add the point about the debt too.

Yes, the debt rose under VR's ownership of the club - but I don't think that anyone thinks that the next balance sheet figure will show that the debt had increased at that point.

On an ongoing basis of course - after the debt swap/CG money paid - it is conceivable that the club are making losses/cash losses and the debt rising day to day but I don't think that is the point being made.

Honestly? I was bored. Nothing more, nothing less. Oh, and I always find it amusing/laughable/sad when people who have differing opinions are automatically classed as 'hobos' by certain elements. All this shows is a lack of ability to debate properly.

Anyhow shouldn't you be scouring the other posts to find more of these imposters?

Spot on Fabuloso. It's becoming boring now...the Hobo accusations. People should spend time dealing with important club issues...and I don't mean haranguing players for wearing green boots. Is there nothing more important to worry about than that.:eek:

Francis Albert
Spot on Fabuloso. It's becoming boring now...the Hobo accusations. People should spend time dealing with important club issues...and I don't mean haranguing players for wearing green boots. Is there nothing more important to worry about than that.:eek:

So this thread was designed to deal with important club issues?

Hobo or not hobo that is the question.

Either way the OP is the question

I reckon the bads points are sneaking up more than the good points.

So this thread was designed to deal with important club issues?

FA - you've admitted previously that you are only interested in what happens on a Sat afternoon. Fair enough, thats your choice. I, however, support the club and am interested in what happens off-field also. If the team is being picked on ability and form alone...and the players are giving their all...then I will also go along and support the team.

So, yes I would say that as my thread is dealing with the actions and improper decisions/comments of the owner..that it is of great importance.

Francis Albert
FA - you've admitted previously that you are only interested in what happens on a Sat afternoon. Fair enough, thats your choice. I, however, support the club and am interested in what happens off-field also. If the team is being picked on ability and form alone...and the players are giving their all...then I will also go along and support the team.

So, yes I would say that as my thread is dealing with the actions and improper decisions/comments of the owner..that it is of great importance.

I don't remember admitting any such thing.

But if you seriously think that our reported interest in a couple of Liverpool players a couple of years ago is a matter of great importance, fair enough.

Geoff Kilpatrick

So, again, what's the call to action by the 'tag team' here or are they just trying to irritate as many people as possible, including people who would have some sympathy with their opinion?

portobellojambo1
If this actually came from a Jambo then I might give it some mileage! :hobofish:

If you are talking about the OP I can confirm he is a Hearts fan John, both he and his father were season ticket holders at Tynecastle until the start of this campaign. They decided to give up their ST's after watching Hearts for a period, between them, of around 70 years I would imagine.

If you are talking about the OP I can confirm he is a Hearts fan John, both he and his father were season ticket holders at Tynecastle until the start of this campaign. They decided to give up their ST's after watching Hearts for a period, between them, of around 70 years I would imagine.

Cheers Iain. Just for the record though...I think my dad's first game was in 1941...before I was born, of course!

Sorry to hear about your problems yesterday up at Inverness. Hope you take them all the way.

portobellojambo1
Cheers Iain. Just for the record though...I think my dad's first game was in 1941...before I was born, of course!

Sorry to hear about your problems yesterday up at Inverness. Hope you take them all the way.

I didn't realise you Dad was that old, but you live and learn.

He does not go to Hearts games then, he has stopped supporting the club. :)

He does not go to Hearts games then, he has stopped supporting the club. :)

IMA M - still supporting the club but just having a gap year from ST duties. :)

Don't recall ever advocating increasing expenditure on players. So, I think my argument is still sound. You cannot run any business with that kind of ratio. Paying huge wages to imposters like Nade and Kingston with little or no return is what is strangling the club. We've persisted with Nade for months through all his lack of fitness, timekeeping and over-eating issues and what have we had in return.....1 goal. Meantime, Gary Glen has not even been given the opportunity to kick a ball this season.....on Vlad's orders, I presume. Maybe he has committed the cardinal sin, in Mad Vlads eyes of course, of supporting an OF team.............whatever next, a Scottish player supporting one of the OF...can't recall that happening before:rolleyes:

So how else could we replace departed players with players of 'equal quality' as you suggested earlier?

....and all the stuff you've written about Gary Glen is pure conjecture....especially the 'supporting the Old Firm' part, which is rather disproved by the fact we have Celtic supporting Christophe Berra as our club captain.

Charlie-Brown

Gary Glen, Matej Rapnik, Johnny Brown, David Templeton, Conrad Balatoni have all been on the first team bench in competitive games this season and those kids plus others like Ryan McGowan, Stephen Husband & Ryan Wallace also got a run out in the pre-season games - it's frustrating that Csaba has been reluctant to pitch them into first team action thus far this season and has relied on the more senior players but I don't see any evidence that Glen or any of them are being excluded by Vlad or anyone else, the kids appearances on the bench have broadly co-incided with good form or games they've shown in the reserves & U19 and even after the allegations about Glen's inclusion/non-inclusion away to Falkirk Gary Glen has been listed on the subs bench in SPL games.

Glen went off at half-time with a knock in the reserve derby almost 3 weeks ago and hasn't appeared in any games (1st, reserve or U19) since then and templeton having shown good form and scored a few goals has taken his place on the bench for recent first team games.

So how else could we replace departed players with players of 'equal quality' as you suggested earlier?

....and all the stuff you've written about Gary Glen is pure conjecture....especially the 'supporting the Old Firm' part, which is rather disproved by the fact we have Celtic supporting Christophe Berra as our club captain.

I'm talking in terms of wages...I just feel that the highest earners like Nade and Kingston are the ones that we are getting little return from. Fair play to Nade who has obviously produced the goods over the last few weeks but in the 10 months he has been here he has produced very little.

If we can introduce a few of the youngsters and bring in a bit of experience then maybe we can take it on to the next level. I would like to see Zaliukas dropped and Rapnik, for example, being given a run of games.

Burley managed to get the like of Skacel and Bednar for very little so there are potential signings out there ...but I have to say the guys that are brought in by Vlad tend to be injury prone and over paid. Beslija, Kingston, Tullberg and Tall being prime examples.

Regarding Berra, I wasn't aware that he was a Sellik supporter but if that is the case then yes, it kinda blows my OF supporting argument out the window

Geoff Kilpatrick
I'm talking in terms of wages...I just feel that the highest earners like Nade and Kingston are the ones that we are getting little return from. Fair play to Nade who has obviously produced the goods over the last few weeks but in the 10 months he has been here he has produced very little.

If we can introduce a few of the youngsters and bring in a bit of experience then maybe we can take it on to the next level. I would like to see Zaliukas dropped and Rapnik, for example, being given a run of games.

Burley managed to get the like of Skacel and Bednar for very little so there are potential signings out there ...but I have to say the guys that are brought in by Vlad tend to be injury prone and over paid. Beslija, Kingston, Tullberg and Tall being prime examples.

Regarding Berra, I wasn't aware that he was a Sellik supporter but if that is the case then yes, it kinda blows my OF supporting argument out the window

In terms of the relative 'productivity' of players, i.e. value for money, then I agree. However, the fundamental problem is that when they are underperforming it is hard to find another team to take them off our books, particularly when the player will be reluctant to take a pay cut to move on.

Regarding Tullberg - if he doesn't get fit and play regularly, I would terminate his loan and send him back to his Italian club. No point paying wages for this guy unless he gives us a reason to keep him.

Did Skacel and Bednar cost very little in terms of signing on fees and wages? I'd be surprised at that.

Guest Fabuloso
So, again, what's the call to action by the 'tag team' here or are they just trying to irritate as many people as possible, including people who would have some sympathy with their opinion?

Hi Geoff - my personal stance is that of giving up my ST which I've had for countless years and not attending games (mates also for that matter). If fans still want to attend that's up to them however surely if they feel strongly about the future of their club and are worried by it then a protest of some sort would be a start? Doing nothing is a crime in my book.

Charlie-Brown
Hi Geoff - my personal stance is that of giving up my ST which I've had for countless years and not attending games (mates also for that matter). If fans still want to attend that's up to them however surely if they feel strongly about the future of their club and are worried by it then a protest of some sort would be a start? Doing nothing is a crime in my book.

If you accept that people attending / not attending is their freedom of choice then surely the same applies to protesting or not protesting?

Just because you feel a certain way doesn't necessarily reflect how other people feel - there hasn't been much protest because people either think it would be ineffective or there isn't any widespread will to actually protest in the way you feel they should.

"If they feel strongly about the future of their club" - did you mean to say "if we feel strongly about the future of our club"?

Assuming that it's the latter - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here - why haven't you organised a protest?

Guest Fabuloso
If you accept that people attending / not attending is their freedom of choice then surely the same applies to protesting or not protesting?

Just because you feel a certain way doesn't necessarily reflect how other people feel - there hasn't been much protest because people either think it would be ineffective or there isn't any widespread will to actually protest in the way you feel they should.

I agree with you. I've made my 'protest'. If other fans want to do the same then great - if not then that's their choice. I don't concur with it however I am willing to voice an opinion and debate my reasoning. I accept that some fans will go to the games come hell or high water - irrespective of the contempt shown by the people running the club and that's not a criticism. For me I will only return when the goals of the owners and the fans are aligned. This will obviously be when VR has gone.

Guest Fabuloso

People protest even when the cards are stacked against them. Nothing ventured nothing gained...

Assuming that it's the latter - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here - why haven't you organised a protest?

Since I doubt he'll reply, here is my thinking on the matter:

These people are happy to bump their gums on here but would rather boycott and do other things than put some effort into organising something constructive.

They will be happy to tell anyone who'll listen that they are real Hearts fans and put down the ones paying to go to the games (I know because I've had this argument with four or five ex-season ticket holders, who had a season ticket since 2004). When the home games are on they will be in the pub or elsewhere, rather than anywhere near Tynie.

Guest Fabuloso
"If they feel strongly about the future of their club" - did you mean to say "if we feel strongly about the future of our club"?

I protested with my feet in that I no longer go to games. I guess you're asking why I personally haven't coordinated some larger protest? Maybe you can confirm.

I agree with you. I've made my 'protest'. If other fans want to do the same then great - if not then that's their choice. I don't concur with it however I am willing to voice an opinion and debate my reasoning. I accept that some fans will go to the games come hell or high water - irrespective of the contempt shown by the people running the club and that's not a criticism. For me I will only return when the goals of the owners and the fans are aligned. This will obviously be when VR has gone.

Heck, if you use that as your criteria you won't attend many seasons at all, regardless of who the owners are. :cool_shades:

Guest Fabuloso
Since I doubt he'll reply, here is my thinking on the matter:

These people are happy to bump their gums on here but would rather boycott and do other things than put some effort into organising something constructive.

They will be happy to tell anyone who'll listen that they are real Hearts fans and put down the ones paying to go to the games (I know because I've had this argument with four or five ex-season ticket holders, who had a season ticket since 2004). When the home games are on they will be in the pub or elsewhere, rather than anywhere near Tynie.

Thanks for having faith in me Frankie Boy! I'm not putting down anyone and sorry if you feel that way. I know many people who still go to the matches however I also know many who don't. TBH it doesn't really matter how long they've had the STs for - they were going to the games and now they're not. Any club wants bums on seats.

Guest Fabuloso
Heck, if you use that as your criteria you won't attend many seasons at all, regardless of who the owners are. :cool_shades:

Let me put it another way. I'll go back if the board's no1 priority is providing the best team possible for HMFC. It's that simple.

Geoff Kilpatrick

On you go then.

I respect your choice to give up your ST and I understand why you've done so. What I can't understand is your "belittling" of anything else to do with the club. Surely it still pleases you when we win if you support the club but yet all I see is continual comments about it being "meaningless". Taken to extremes, this nihilistic viewpoint would suggest it wouldn't bother you if the club no longer existed.

I protested with my feet in that I no longer go to games. I guess you're asking why I personally haven't coordinated some larger protest? Maybe you can confirm.

The latter.

Guest Fabuloso
On you go then.

I respect your choice to give up your ST and I understand why you've done so. What I can't understand is your "belittling" of anything else to do with the club. Surely it still pleases you when we win if you support the club but yet all I see is continual comments about it being "meaningless". Taken to extremes, this nihilistic viewpoint would suggest it wouldn't bother you if the club no longer existed.

Extree indeed! My feeling is that I can't feel the same way about a football result when the players aren't there on merit. That's cheating everyone who has paid to see a football match and turn up to support the club they love. What's strange about that?

Guest Fabuloso
The latter.

There's a difference between making a stand and devoting your time to organising a larger scale 'happening'. In truth I'd be a terrible coordinator however that's irrelevant.

On you go then.

I agree with this. I fully respect, understand and indeed sympathise with those who've taken a principled decision not to attend any further games as long as the present owner is in charge; but I also respect and understand the much greater number who haven't, for equally principled reasons.

There's a difference between making a stand and devoting your time to organising a larger scale 'happening'. In truth I'd be a terrible coordinator however that's irrelevant.

There sure is - when did you stop attending matches?

Towards the end of last season - even with a ST. Why do you ask?

Because presumably last season you thought that the players were there on merit - so what's changed between than and now?

Extree indeed! My feeling is that I can't feel the same way about a football result when the players aren't there on merit. That's cheating everyone who has paid to see a football match and turn up to support the club they love. What's strange about that?

Guest Fabuloso
Because presumably last season you thought that the players were there on merit - so what's changed between than and now?

That's a good question and the truth is that, in true football fan logic, I gave Hearts too many last chances. Last season was my breaking point. In all honestly, looking back, I'm surprised at the amount of slack I gave VR. I even stuck up for him at first however not too proud to admit I was naive in that sense.

Question for you: I don't know you however judging from previous posts you would appear to be involved in some kind of supporters group or the like. Obviously a Hearts man through and through. Surely you of all people would find this situation completely intolerable?

That's a good question and the truth is that, in true football fan logic, I gave Hearts too many last chances. Last season was my breaking point. In all honestly, looking back, I'm surprised at the amount of slack I gave VR. I even stuck up for him at first however not too proud to admit I was naive in that sense.

Question for you: I don't know you however judging from previous posts you would appear to be involved in some kind of supporters group or the like. Obviously a Hearts man through and through. Surely you of all people would find this situation completely intolerable?

Yep, 3rd place in the SPL is a bugger - where did I leave my pitchfork?

Guest Fabuloso
Yep, 3rd place in the SPL is a bugger - where did I leave my pitchfork?

Oh dear. Another short-termist. It's a little more complicated than that I'm afraid. I guess with that logic you were raging when we were 8th the other week.

3rd yes however, sadly, things could be so much better. We deserve better. You deserve better. Think bigger picture and you'll start to get it.

Oh dear. Another short-termist. It's a little more complicated than that I'm afraid. I guess with that logic you were raging when we were 8th the other week.

3rd yes however, sadly, things could be so much better. We deserve better. You deserve better. Think bigger picture and you'll start to get it.

Do you mean in terms of league placing - or other aspects of the club? I ask purely because, however scratchy our performances have been, I would never expect anything more than 3rd in the league.

Guest Fabuloso
Neither Lacostelad or Enzo Chiefo or Fabuloso have yet to explain what 'the bigger picture' is?

Please refer to my earlier post about us being thumped 5-0 by Celtic while VR was on Strictly Come Dancing. That type of thing I guess.

Listen here, you patronising little minx! ;)

I support Heart of Midlothian FC, not the owners - whoever they happen to be at any given time. Even in the dark days of the Pieman, I never advocated boycotting games so I'm not going to do it now.

If you don't want to watch the team - fair enough but don't come on here spouting nonsense about "think bigger picture" to those of us who are still following the team.

If your 'big picture' is staying away from Tynecastle and trying to instigate change by bumping your gums on an internet forum, then I'm glad that I don't "get it".

Charlie-Brown

We're third now, we were eighth after losing to celtic which was depressing however countered by the fact we weren't stranded in eight we were bunched up with a whole group of teams separated by only a few points, since then Laszlo has got more character out of the players and tightened up a leaky defence and we've jordan'ed our way up the table....over the course of the season our average position is probably 4th-5th ?

Guest Fabuloso
Do you mean in terms of league placing - or other aspects of the club? I ask purely because, however scratchy our performances have been, I would never expect anything more than 3rd in the league.

No, I can't see Hearts coming 2nd in the foreseeable future. It's more about the other issues. If VR was serious about football we could get 3rd easy, play well and who knows - maybe even challenge the OF. But he's not. With that in mind being content to mix it with the best of the rest to a poor standard is disappointing given his involvement.

Originally Posted by Charlie-Brown

Neither Lacostelad or Enzo Chiefo or Fabuloso have yet to explain what 'the bigger picture' is?

Please refer to my earlier post about us being thumped 5-0 by Celtic while VR was on Strictly Come Dancing. That type of thing I guess.

There we have it! The 'big picture' is Vlad dancing on widescreen. :P

Guest Fabuloso
Listen here, you patronising little minx! ;)

I support Heart of Midlothian FC, not the owners - whoever they happen to be at any given time. Even in the dark days of the Pieman, I never advocated boycotting games so I'm not going to do it now.

If you don't want to watch the team - fair enough but don't come on here spouting nonsense about "think bigger picture" to those of us who are still following the team.

If your 'big picture' is staying away from Tynecastle and trying to instigate change by bumping your gums on an internet forum, then I'm glad that I don't "get it".

You're obviously not 'getting it' mate!

It's a discussion forum and on that basis I can't see your issue. Listen, if you're content then I'm happy for you. Just don't want to see you get taken in.

Guest Fabuloso
Originally Posted by Charlie-Brown

There we have it! The 'big picture' is Vlad dancing on widescreen. :P

That was to be taken literally AND metaphorically. Let me know if you're still in the dark.

Archived