So what are we prepared to do about the state of our club ?

jambovambo

(Please can we have answers to this thread which don't include "there is no alternative", "Pieman would have had us at Murrayfield" etc etc ...)

Let's look forward only.

We are desperately mediocre, crowds dropping, top six status shaky, no leader on the park, never see or hear from The Great One.

What are you prepared to do to show you've had enough ?

What and when is "enough" for you ?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(Please can we have answers to this thread which don't include "there is no alternative", "Pieman would have had us at Murrayfield" etc etc ...)

Let's look forward only.

We are desperately mediocre, crowds dropping, top six status shaky, no leader on the park, never see or hear from The Great One.

Well judging by the amount of empty seats seen at Tynie throughout this season it appears people are voting with their feet.

Malcolm Tucker

Hmm. I wonder if this thread would have been posted had we won/drew yesterday.

I'm going to vote no, it wouldn't have.

Speaking very much as an outsider but with a family connection to Hearts and hence an interest in their progress (or lack of it!) I've never really understood why the fans don't demonstrate against Romanov (either through organised protests or boycotts) if only to make him aware how unhappy they are with the way he's running the club. Even if the man himself seems to have lost interest, those running the club on a day to day basis are presumably able to relay news of unrest to him? It seems to me most fans are scared that by doing so he'll walk away and leave Hearts facing extinction but isn't doing SOMETHING better than just sticking to the tired old 'Romanov is the only show in town and we're stuck with him' mantra? Perhaps if he sees how let down everyone feels he'll sell up cheaply to get the club off his hands?

Guest JamboRobbo

Agreed. It's clear all is well at HMFC, and fan discontent is just a knee jerk reaction to a one off poor result.

All hail our glorious leader Vlad.

And what does that mean / prove / signify / achieve ?

You happy with the 360degree pesh we're getting served at the moment ?

You happy the club is in good hands ?

Would everything be just dandy if we'd got a draw against Celtic yesterday ?

Guest JamboRobbo
There is no alternative,also pieman would have had us at murrayfield.;)

and playing in front of just a few thousand don't you know. :P

Let's look forward only.

Do you have any ideas?

There is no alternative,also pieman would have had us at murrayfield.;)

There is always one.

At least that' s that out of the way, eh ? ;)

Do you have any ideas?

Many.

Make things unpleasant for him as custodian of our club.

Embarrass him in his own back yard.

Publicity, publicity, publicity.

Malcolm Tucker
Agreed. It's clear all is well at HMFC, and fan discontent is just a knee jerk reaction to a one off poor result.

All hail our glorious leader Vlad.

Rob .B. <3 Vlad .R. AAF

Genuinely, I really don't think THIS THREAD would have been posted. Do you?

Not saying everything is rosy in the garden. However, do you disagree that this thread would not have been posted?

As I am unable to search KB would someone mind resurrecting my thread about "fans voting with their feet" about a year ago:p;)

Guest JamboRobbo
Rob .B. <3 Vlad .R. AAF

Not saying everything is rosy in the garden. However, do you disagree that this thread would not have been posted?

No idea. I don't think it's knee jerk reaction though. The OP seems quite calm and considered in the points he makes.

Rob .B. <3 Vlad .R. AAF

If it makes you happy, then, yes, I probably wouldn't have started this thread.

But have we ever lain down so meekly to one of the OF?

Have you ever seen such lack of spirit, fight and passion on the pitch?

Would you rather I waited until an embarrassing defeat by someone lower in the league than us?

When is the right time?

It?s really quite simple get a brazillionaire to buy Vlad out and convince Vlad to sell. Now is anyone really pally with Bill Gates?

Maybe you think I?m being a tad flippant here, no I?m not, the above is the only way. If we don?t get a buyer (and I SERIOUSLY doubt that given the state of the economy), I?m afraid we are just going to have to lump it.

We start a large scale fans' organisation expressing our deep concerns over the future of the club. It doesn't even have to mention Romanov: it's about our love of Hearts, not hatred of him. It will be difficult, very difficult; but we have to do something. And an organisation bearing the message that we're sick, tired, and above all, want our club back has to be the way to go in my view.

Malcolm Tucker
No idea. I don't think it's knee jerk reaction though. The OP seems quite calm and considered in the points he makes.

It's certainly not as bad as all the 'WE'RE DOOOOOOOOMED'-esque posts in other threads, however this thread would simply not have even been thought about if it had been a win/draw yesterday.

There was a thread which I will find and link to posted the other day which sums up my feelings of the Kickback support at the moment.

Win - and we're going to get top 6.

Draw - we're doing ok, top 6 is a big possibility and no-one says anything really here nor there.

Lose - we're all going to die and Vlad is the devil re-incarnated and we're going to get relegated.

Would you rather I waited until an embarrassing defeat by someone lower in the league than us?

When is the right time?

Exactly. There's not going to be a smoking gun; and by the time we finally do something, it could easily be too late. Fascinating facts: more Hearts fans protested when Robinson merely wanted to change our club badge than have ever done against Romanov. And more Hibs fans protested the sacking of Sauzee (!) than we've ever done against Romanov. Is that not absolutely absurd?

A few days ago, I emailed Stuart Bathgate for his thoughts on the situation. This is what he said:

I agree that the situation at Hearts is, at least potentially, extremely serious. UBIG are not immune to the world's financial problems, and sooner or later they will have to do something about the drain on their finances that the club is causing.

I'm not sure when this will reach crisis point, but I think it best that the supporters are ready to organise. As you may remember it took months to get Save Our Hearts off the ground: next time, there may not be nearly so long.

Food for thought, don't you think?

Malcolm Tucker

When is the right time?

I was very disappointed by the lack of passion and enthusiasm shown by our players yesterday, I really felt let down.

It's just that (and I'm not having a go at you here) whenever we win it's Csaba and the players that do well. When we lose, Vlad is to blame for everything.

Celtic are a better team, and they played better than us yesterday. We showed no passion, they showed a lot.

I'm not delighted at how the club is being run, not by any means, but I notice these threads only ever appear after a loss. That's the point I was making.

We start a large scale fans' organisation expressing our deep concerns over the future of the club. It doesn't even have to mention Romanov: it's about our love of Hearts, not hatred of him. It will be difficult, very difficult; but we have to do something. And an organisation bearing the message that we're sick, tired, and above all, want our club back has to be the way to go in my view.

As long as it doesn't involve sending a letter into Vlad as i feel that has been done to death and has achieved the square root of zero.

As long as it doesn't involve sending a letter into Vlad as i feel that has been done to death and has achieved the square root of zero.

I couldn't agree more, mate.

Christ nothing gets by you, eh???? :rolleyes:

Are you happy with whats going on at Hearts?

Do you still "Believe" in Madfud?

Are you entertained at Tynecastle (or away from home for that matter)?

When was the LAST time we looked like we could win a game?

When was the last time the Players looked like they CARED if we won a Game?

TBH, I voted with my feet, That isn't HMFC, That's fek all to do with HMFC, That's Madfud and his inbred son's play thing...And, for the minute, it looks like they're bored with it!! :mad:

Madfud & Son GTF!! :Bazooka:

I was very disappointed by the lack of passion and enthusiasm shown by our players yesterday, I really felt let down.

It's just that (and I'm not having a go at you here) whenever we win it's Csaba and the players that do well. When we lose, Vlad is to blame for everything.

Celtic are a better team, and they played better than us yesterday. We showed no passion, they showed a lot.

I'm not delighted at how the club is being run, not by any means, but I notice these threads only ever appear after a loss. That's the point I was making.

As a matter of interest, what would cause you to start a thread with this kind of theme, Rob1874 ?

Malcolm Tucker
Christ nothing gets by you, eh???? :rolleyes:

Are you happy with whats going on at Hearts?

Do you still "Believe" in Madfud?

Are you entertained at Tynecastle (or away from home for that matter)?

When was the LAST time we looked like we could win a game?

When was the last time the Players looked like they CARED if we won a Game?

TBH, I voted with my feet, That isn't HMFC, That's fek all to do with HMFC, That's Madfud and his inbred son's play thing...And, for the minute, it looks like they're bored with it!! :mad:

Madfud & Son GTF!! :Bazooka:

Read my other posts.

FWIW it looked like we could win the Hibs game, that was what, 3 weeks ago? the players also looked like they cared, a lot, in that game.

I couldn't agree more, mate.

I would also be against certain federation members having a private sitting with Vlad as you very rarely hear what went on and nothing concrete ever comes out of it.

My opinion would be to have a proper demonstration After a match,win,lose or draw.

Have it pre organised and invite some press along,have it outside the main stand in the carpark and possibly have speakers like Mackay,Foulkes etc.

Support the team on the park for 90 minutes and vent your spleen in the carpark after.

I would also be against certain federation members having a private sitting with Vlad as you very rarely hear what went on and nothing concrete ever comes out of it.

My opinion would be to have a proper demonstration After a match,win,lose or draw.

Have it pre organised and invite some press along,have it outside the main stand in the carpark and possibly have speakers like Mackay,Foulkes etc.

Support the team on the park for 90 minutes and vent your spleen in the carpark after.

Now we're getting somewhere.

Would you join a new fans' organisation which was pitched at making it very clear to Vlad we "want our club back" ?

Let's look forward only.

hire a hall for a meeting

set agenda

go under real names

advertise date of meeting

invite all supporters and the G10

wear a hard hat

Now we're getting somewhere.

Would you join a new fans' organisation which was pitched at making it very clear to Vlad we "want our club back" ?

In a heartbeat mate.

Malcolm Tucker
As a matter of interest, what would cause you to start a thread with this kind of theme, Rob1874 ?

I'm more of a contributor than a thread starter.

As I have already pointed out, everything is far from rosy in the way this club is being run. But these threads get done to death without anything ever coming of them. And they always come after a loss.

I think it says a lot that you admitted you wouldn't have posted this thread had we won.

If you are trying to get a point across, surely it shouldn't matter if we win lose or draw. The club is still being run the same, isn't it?

So whats the current consensus of what Vlad is doing wrong at Hearts? Interference in team affairs?

Have a go at answering your own question, djf.

The Mighty Thor

When is the right time?

This subject is always a difficult one to answer. It means different things to different people.

Yesterday was another in a increasing number of gutless, effortless performances that have been the hallmark of the Romanov era. I also think this galls certain supporters more than others, it hacks me off as i watched the real sheeeite in the early 80's what they lacked in skill they made up for in effort. This is what sticks in my craw, the current shower of imposters with one or two exceptions couldn't give a stuff.

Yesterday ranks alongside the Malofeev shambles at ER. It was that bad.

Would we rather wait on an embarrassing rodding from a team lower than us? Like Dundee Utd for example? I fear there's more of those results to come.

What will happen. sadly, feck all. Apathy rules and all that will happen will be that more and more of the hardcore support just say feck it and stop handing over the cash and find something else to do with their saturdays.

The empty seats at Tynie yesterday spoke volumes for me. Waiting list? was that really only 2 years ago? I think the only waiting yesterday was for the stewards to open the gates to let out the poor buggers that had turned up expecting Hearts to put a shift in against one of the big two.

I agree about private audiences with His Holiness being a no-no. If the kind of organisation we're talking about happens, and the club wished to meet with representatives democratically elected by the membership, it must be in Edinburgh, and it must be on the proviso that all information can immediately be released to the fanbase. Cloak and dagger secrecy does no good at all; and in any case, it's quite remarkable how many individuals seem to come back appeased after meeting Romanov. It's all a bit Neville Chamberlain, don't you think?

On the demo you suggest, I subtly disagree. Demonstrations are divisive, often counter-productive, and attract a lunatic fringe which the press are only to eager to focus their attentions on. But a fans' organisation and movement for change could certainly hold a large scale event along the lines you've mentioned: but the emphasis should be on a celebration of our club, and not anti anything.

I'm more of a contributor than a thread starter.

As I have already pointed out, everything is far from rosy in the way this club is being run. But these threads get done to death without anything ever coming of them. And they always come after a loss.

I think it says a lot that you admitted you wouldn't have posted this thread had we won.

If you are trying to get a point across, surely it shouldn't matter if we win lose or draw. The club is still being run the same, isn't it?

Of course. That is a trueism. If we'd wallopped the tic 3-0, what woudl have happened if I had started this thread?

What if, just for once, something comes of a thread like this, before things get as bad as they can ever be?

As I say, let's look forward, not even back to 3:50 on Sunday afternoon.

The Old Tolbooth

Excellent opportunity for the Vlad sheep to come out of hiding and tell us all the the gardens rosy.

I cant wait!

Many.

Make things unpleasant for him as custodian of our club.

Embarrass him in his own back yard.

Publicity, publicity, publicity.

Away you go then.

Or you could start up a thread on JKB. :rolleyes:

Agree wholeheartedly,all the plastics jump on board as usual and do nothing...Awe talk as they say:cool:

Just how boring are they going to get!

If you really want to tell Vlad enough is enough, bearing in mind we are part way thorugh the season so season tickets are already sold then try the following:

1 - turn up en masse to Tynie for home games, protest loudly but peacefully outside main stand but don't attend the game

2 - with immediate effect place an embargo on all Hearts shops and don't buy any merchandise

See what happens after these ideas have been tried between now and January 09.

I agree about private audiences with His Holiness being a no-no. If the kind of organisation we're talking about happens, and the club wished to meet with representatives democratically elected by the membership, it must be in Edinburgh, and it must be on the proviso that all information can immediately be released to the fanbase. Cloak and dagger secrecy does no good at all; and in any case, it's quite remarkable how many individuals seem to come back appeased after meeting Romanov. It's all a bit Neville Chamberlain, don't you think?

On the demo you suggest, I subtly disagree. Demonstrations are divisive, often counter-productive, and attract a lunatic fringe which the press are only to eager to focus their attentions on. But a fans' organisation and movement for change could certainly hold a large scale event along the lines you've mentioned: but the emphasis should be on a celebration of our club, and not anti anything.

I hear and see where you are coming from Shaun but i feel a demo whilst an excellent idea of celebrating our club would also have to include an element of anti something or the whole point of it may be lost on our esteemed leader.

I do agree with the lunatic element though as per those hat kicking clowns a few years back!!(cringe)

Guest juvehearts

I still would have vented my spleen to the running of the club yesterday even IF we did win.

reason's being 1. we are being so badly mismanaged that were on the verge of going under & the only person that is keeping this sha,bles alive is mr romanov's banking corp UKIG.

basically to put it bluntly, hearts are dead, they died a long time ago & are being kept alive on a life support machine.

this aint the hearts i know or grown up to support & love, Im not kidding when i say this, it actually hurts me inside to go to a game that invloves hearts 1st team.

If you really want to tell Vlad enough is enough, bearing in mind we are part way thorugh the season so season tickets are already sold then try the following:

1 - turn up en masse to Tynie for home games, protest loudly but peacefully outside main stand but don't attend the game

2 - with immediate effect place an embargo on all Hearts shops and don't buy any merchandise

See what happens after these ideas have been tried between now and January 09.

I agree with the embargo on the merchandise and i would also suggest the catering also.As for the protest then not attend the game,i would go and give the team my backing then have demo.

The team need our support at the moment.

The frustrating thing is that Romanov could stay in charge and we'd save him money by getting rid of the vast majority of overpaid players and bring in players who know what it takes to win in the SPL. Too many of our players lack desire, determination and the ability to fight. Very few seem to care if we win or lose.

However for everyone's sake, we need a clean slate from top to bottom. Yes we might not be able to pay big wages but quite honestly who cares. I'd prefer us to go back to the days where players were on less money and they cared about winning matches. The situation just now is pretty soul destroying.

We are in big trouble both on and off the pitch.

Agree wholeheartedly,all the plastics jump on board as usual and do nothing...Awe talk as they say:cool:

Just how boring are they going to get!

A fellow JKBer the other day used the expression "sleepwalking to oblivion" about Hearts fans at the moment ... how true, how true.

the state of hearts is a joke, vladimir romanov is a joke

the only way to let him know this is to protest after games as we did for robinson

Archived