So what are we prepared to do about the state of our club ?

jambovambo

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drylaw Hearts
How do we go about setting this up?

As was stated on here not that long ago...

some of the original SOH guys met with Hearts during the Summer so there is obviously still some interest/concern from thos guys.

My suggestion is to attempt to get these guys back into action (along with some new blood) and try to get the whole thing moving again.

The reasoning may be different but the goal will be the same and that is to achieve what is best for Hearts.

I don't think Vladimir Romanov is the best option for Hearts.

Excellent opportunity for the Vlad sheep to come out of hiding and tell us all the the gardens rosy.

I cant wait!

Jeeso,it never took long,did it,posts 41 and 42.

How do we go about setting this up?

There are a number of us who have been working away in the background, doing some preliminary thinking and planning.

Maybe our time is nigh.

We are Hearts and we want our club back.

I hear and see where you are coming from Shaun but i feel a demo whilst an excellent idea of celebrating our club would also have to include an element of anti something or the whole point of it may be lost on our esteemed leader.

I do agree with the lunatic element though as per those hat kicking clowns a few years back!!(cringe)

I hear and see where you're coming from too, mate. But I think it will take a lot of work to make Romanov pay real attention - so what I think a mass event should be all about is simple: attracting other Hearts fans. The more of us there are, the more media attention we'll get, and possibly, the more awareness there'll be of our plight amongst potential buyers too. We can't run before we can walk - and our initial aim should be convincing our own fanbase, I'd say.

As was stated on here not that long ago...

some of the original SOH guys met with Hearts during the Summer so there is obviously still some interest/concern from thos guys.

My suggestion is to attempt to get these guys back into action (along with some new blood) and try to get the whole thing moving again.

The reasoning may be different but the goal will be the same and that is to achieve what is best for Hearts.

I don't think Vladimir Romanov is the best option for Hearts.

Vladimir Romanov is systematically destroying our club everyday and it needs to stop.

Toxteth O'Grady
I hear and see where you're coming from too, mate. But I think it will take a lot of work to make Romanov pay real attention - so what I think a mass event should be all about is simple: attracting other Hearts fans. The more of us there are, the more media attention we'll get, and possibly, the more awareness there'll be of our plight amongst potential buyers too. We can't run before we can walk - and our initial aim should be convincing our own fanbase, I'd say.

Would you come up to Edinburgh for a demo?

I have to agree Shaun that convincing the fans should be our first aim and i am convinced that a lot of fans are now leaning towards action rather than just bending over and bracing themselves.

I think that there is too much apathy at the moment for protests.

Barely a murmur from the crowd yesterday as Laszlo went into damage limitation mode (with the exception of the boo's as Nade was substituted).

Laszlo is getting a very easy ride from the fans. Until there is more than just groaning about Laszlo it is unlikely that there will be full scale protests against VR.

I think that there is too much apathy at the moment for protests.

Barely a murmur from the crowd yesterday as Laszlo went into damage limitation mode (with the exception of the boo's as Nade was substituted).

Laszlo is getting a very easy ride from the fans. Until there is more than just groaning about Laszlo it is unlikely that there will be full scale protests against VR.

Whilst i can see where you are coming from coco,the point about Csaba getting an easy ride is probably down to the fact that he is having to work to certain orders from above be it Vlad or Korobochka.

Every manager we have had under Vlad has had to carry the can for our performances when,lets be honest the man that should be the target of our anger sits at the top of the tree.

Whilst i can see where you are coming from coco,the point about Csaba getting an easy ride is probably down to the fact that he is having to work to certain orders from above be it Vlad or Korobochka.

Every manager we have had under Vlad has had to carry the can for our performances when,lets be honest the man that should be the target of our anger sits at the top of the tree.

I agree with that. VR is ultimately to blame for the horrific management system we have, and the useless personalities in it.

Fans often need a visual target for their angst and complaints

I dont think Csaba is the right target

However, Botchup. Well - doesnt he deserve to get it a bit tight??

He is overseeing (at the least) the football side of the club, and has done from the start of our more speedy descent to the bottom 6.

I personally think he should be the subject of protest at Tynecastle. He is the physical incarnation of Romanov at Hearts and if he is prepared to play that role he needs to be prepared to accept the flak.

I'd advocate a vocalised campaign to give it tight to I'matoly Botchup. That he has got off so light having overseen and masterminded our never ending slump is bizarre in the extreme

boabyarsebiscuit
Fans often need a visual target for their angst and complaints

I dont think Csaba is the right target

However, Botchup. Well - doesnt he deserve to get it a bit tight??

He is overseeing (at the least) the football side of the club, and has done from the start of our more speedy descent to the bottom 6.

I personally think he should be the subject of protest at Tynecastle. He is the physical incarnation of Romanov at Hearts and if he is prepared to play that role he needs to be prepared to accept the flak.

I'd advocate a vocalised campaign to give it tight to I'matoly Botchup. That he has got off so light having overseen and masterminded our never ending slump is bizarre in the extreme

Korobochka "gets away with it" because he is invisible. He never talks to the press. He never talks to the fans. He is "out of sight, out of mind". He is the grey man who fades into the background. You never quite see him.

Csaba Laszlo is the front man. The patsy for the "Axis of Gash". He knew that when he came in, but he was glad to get out of Uganda, and the pay's not bad. Csaba is set up as the guy to take the flak. And just as Stevie Frail was responsible for everything that went wrong last season, according to comments from Mr Romanov and his crew, Csaba Laszlo will be responsible when another scapegoat needs hung out to dry.

Csaba Laszlo really reminds me of Mr Romanov's hero coach of 2005/2006, Grey-ham Rix. Minus the baggage of course. But nonetheless a lame-duck manager, who thinks he can succeed in the pishy SPL, but who is finding out Scottish football (well, finishing 3rd anyway) is a harder nut to crack than he thinks.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, and what do I know?

What are we looking to achieve? Forcing Romanov to give us a team of players that care and fight for the jersey? Management that does the same? A club that is run in a fair and ethical manner? This is the most realisitic option as their ownership is not a problem we can fix as there is nobody out there who is willing to take over. We want to feel the passion for the club that we all have in the past. If we mobilise and push towards this then they may take note and make changes. It would be a huge and ongoing effort that needs people who are willing to give it the time. Just ask any of the guys who did so well with SOH how much it eats in to your life.

Korobochka "gets away with it" because he is invisible. He never talks to the press. He never talks to the fans. He is "out of sight, out of mind". He is the grey man who fades into the background. You never quite see him.

Csaba Laszlo is the front man. The patsy for the "Axis of Gash". He knew that when he came in, but he was glad to get out of Uganda, and the pay's not bad. Csaba is set up as the guy to take the flak. And just as Stevie Frail was responsible for everything that went wrong last season, according to comments from Mr Romanov and his crew, Csaba Laszlo will be responsible when another scapegoat needs hung out to dry.

Csaba Laszlo really reminds me of Mr Romanov's hero coach of 2005/2006, Grey-ham Rix. Minus the baggage of course. But nonetheless a lame-duck manager, who thinks he can succeed in the pishy SPL, but who is finding out Scottish football (well, finishing 3rd anyway) is a harder nut to crack than he thinks.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, and what do I know?

A heck of a lot, Boaby:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26733

You picked up on this earlier than most, certainly.

boabyarsebiscuit
What are we looking to achieve? Forcing Romanov to give us a team of players that care and fight for the jersey? Management that does the same? A club that is run in a fair and ethical manner? This is the most realisitic option as their ownership is not a problem we can fix as there is nobody out there who is willing to take over. We want to feel the passion for the club that we all have in the past. If we mobilise and push towards this then they may take note and make changes. It would be a huge and ongoing effort that needs people who are willing to give it the time. Just ask any of the guys who did so well with SOH how much it eats in to your life.

You're right. It would be good for Hearts as a club to get some self-respect back. That would be a start.

I agree that things are pretty crap but can't agree you will achieve anything. Major doubts about the manager, reservations about quality of players, doubts about Vlad's finances, little belief that Vlad currently picks the team, Major belief that Vlad currently does not give a stuff. Therefore do we need to get Vlad more keen or is that a waste of time? Pieman for all his major flaws was a fan and was more likely to be affected by protest. Anyway, if it keeps you all out of mischief...

MacDonald Jardine

Yes but attracting Hearts fans to what?

Your posts almost infers some sort of celebration of HMFC.

What does that achieve as far as Vlad is concerned.

The other old problem, tiresome as it might be, is what is the alternative?

I see no point in shouting "Mad Vlad out" at demonstrations in the knowledge that if he really cares as little as people are inferring he could quite easily liquidate the club.

I see no point in shouting "Mad Vlad out" at demonstrations in the knowledge that if he really cares as little as people are inferring he could quite easily liquidate the club.

I agree with you, MJ: "Mad Vlad out" will do no good at all. What I'm talking about is attracting fans to a movement aimed at giving them far better, more open representation and a bigger say; and especially at slowly, bit by bit, reclaiming their club. This doesn't have to be through somehow raising enough funds: I think that's a pipedream, and am deeply wary of money being involved in any campaign, to be honest.

But a movement aimed at putting the heart back in Hearts, and giving us our pride and self-respect back would, should enough fans become involved (by which, I ultimately mean the bulk of the fanbase), the media pick up on it and so on, gradually embarrass the owner into submission. If done properly, it would also hopefully attract potential new buyers. At present, there is no alternative owner, I quite agree. But there has to be an alternative to what we're all suffering at present. The apathy and disenchantment are staggering: isn't being a football fan supposed to be about the fun and enjoyment of simply following your team?

If the owner won't provide that for us, we'll have to do it ourselves - by celebrating and focusing on all that is good about this great club, and giving us our pride and self-respect back. Brighton fans did it. Charlton fans did it. Kilmarnock fans did it. Hull fans did it - and look where they are now. Why can't we? Don't get me wrong: I'm utterly aware of how difficult our task would be. But we have to start fighting, and stop cowering in fear. To me, so much has been lost already by our inaction and paralysis - and if we can really get behind something now, you'd be amazed at the difference it could make.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

First things first, there has to be an objective and clear reasons as to why we would set up a campaign.

You can't just start something saying 'MAD VALD OUT COZ HE'S AN ERSE'

IMO the number one aim has to be to raise awareness and attract potential investors although I don't have a clue how viable that is. Probably virtually impossible.

First things first, there has to be an objective and clear reasons as to why we would set up a campaign.

You can't just start something saying 'MAD VALD OUT COZ HE'S AN ERSE'

IMO the number one aim has to be to raise awareness and attract potential investors although I don't have a clue how viable that is. Probably virtually impossible.

Agree 100%, AP. The objective? Getting our club back.

Rob .B. <3 Vlad .R. AAF

Genuinely, I really don't think THIS THREAD would have been posted. Do you?

Not saying everything is rosy in the garden. However, do you disagree that this thread would not have been posted?

I do. I also agree that if the internet had never been invented we would not have this forum on which to post. Furthermore if Bill Gates had not nipped in with DOS he'd never have nabbed Windows and we wouldn't have such a simple interface on which to type our posts :rolleyes:

If, if, if doesn't compute. Hard facts are we're pish, Romanov is nowt more than an absentee landlord and we'd be better off if he sold up and moved on. No matter how harsh the times would become, when his devious wee scheme is concluded he'll pull the plug on us anyway so better to try and rip that plaster off quick then slowly.

Lets do this!

How do we get involved!

I've made a note of your interest, 123 - and will be in touch over PM soon. :)

Cloak and dagger secrecy does no good at all; and in any case, it's quite remarkable how many individuals seem to come back appeased after meeting Romanov. It's all a bit Neville Chamberlain, don't you think?

Care to name names Shaun?

As a liquidation go's what is there left that is very precious to us?

Tynecastle?, staying at tynecastle is better rather than watching a bunch of journeyman in a stadium with no atmosphere, (think we are there already)

Players We dont have more than 5 players who actually give a toss.

Liquidation Perhaps starting again is what we really need, because that crap on the pitch is not Hearts!

Orwells "shooting an elephant" comes to mind in looking at where we are as a club.

Care to name names Shaun?

Only anyone that's ever met the guy! I include Foulkes, Deans et al in that, let alone anyone else: he duped us all, and we were all too easily convinced. But that's done now. I have no beef with you Iain, you know that; the only thing that matters now is the future, and what we're all going to do about it.

Only anyone that's ever met the guy! I include Foulkes, Deans et al in that, let alone anyone else: he duped us all, and we were all too easily convinced. But that's done now. I have no beef with you Iain, you know that; the only thing that matters now is the future, and what we're all going to do about it.

Well, if you actually want to meet senior figures at the club, there is an element of confidentiality on both sides that has to be respected. If you can't accept that........good luck in your attempts to do whatever it is you are trying to achieve.

I would suggest having a go at people like Foulkes & Deans is not really in anyone's best interests.

Guest Fabuloso

Fully support this (better late than never!). FWIW I think VR is more than aware of the Hears fans views, he just believes he can control them and has done thus far to be fair. We're too nice - Hearts fans need to be more direct in their approach to get the media on board. They have more chance of making an impact with VR than the fans do alone. I no longer have a ST however would be delighted to attend if it meant supporters trying to actively do something. My fellow ex ST holder mates are with me...

Well, if you actually want to meet senior figures at the club, there is an element of confidentiality on both sides that has to be respected. If you can't accept that........good luck in your attempts to do whatever it is you are trying to achieve.

I would suggest having a go at people like Foulkes & Deans is not really in anyone's best interests.

But if that confidentiality leads to secrecy, accusations of elitism and so on, it does no-one any good, and leaves too many fans feeling disenfranchised and unrepresented. It's a difficult circle to square, sure - but the more openness, the better.

And I'm hardly having a go at Foulkes or Deans! They're no more culpable than anyone else: we were all fooled, and are all responsible. I hope they'll both be able to help with any campaign, though that of course remains to be seen.

Guest Fabuloso
But if that confidentiality leads to secrecy, accusations of elitism and so on, it does no-one any good, and leaves too many fans feeling disenfranchised and unrepresented. It's a difficult circle to square, sure - but the more openness, the better.

And I'm hardly having a go at Foulkes or Deans! They're no more culpable than anyone else: we were all fooled, and are all responsible. I hope they'll both be able to help with any campaign, though that of course remains to be seen.

That's a very good point. All Hearts fans who supported Romanov are responsible to a degree. Myself included and I'm not ashamed to say it.

it must be in Edinburgh, and it must be on the proviso that all information can immediately be released to the fanbase. Cloak and dagger secrecy does no good at all;

As a matter of interest, myself, Gary Mackay and Lord Foulkes had a meeting with Charlie Mann on 15th March and myself and Dougie Masterton met with Sergejus, Vilma and David Southern on 6th July - accounts of both of these meetings were published on JKB.

What happened at your CHARM meeting in Edinburgh and were the details / outcomes of that ever made public?

There are a number of us who have been working away in the background, doing some preliminary thinking and planning.

Maybe our time is nigh.

We are Hearts and we want our club back.

Good,

Like most people on here I haven?t a scobby how to go forward, but I am quite sure there are a lot of supporters that read these threads and may have few ideas but quite rightly don?t want to publicly put these ideas forward.

As a suggestion you could set up an e mail address that supporters could put suggestions forward without ridicule and prying eyes.

You may get a load of dross but then again there could be a golden nugget in there

As a matter of interest, myself, Gary Mackay and Lord Foulkes had a meeting with Charlie Mann on 15th March and myself and Dougie Masterton met with Sergejus, Vilma and David Southern on 6th July - accounts of both of these meetings were published on JKB.

What happened at your CHARM meeting in Edinburgh and were the details / outcomes of that ever made public?

We simply discussed where we all were with regard to Romanov and the club, and how best to go forward. We never formally set anything up, so there was nothing to report in that sense: as soon as we do though, our ideas will be laid out for everyone to see. If we'd reported back at that stage, it'd have been like minuting a chat down the pub!

(Please can we have answers to this thread which don't include "there is no alternative", "Pieman would have had us at Murrayfield" etc etc ...)

Let's look forward only.

We are desperately mediocre, crowds dropping, top six status shaky, no leader on the park, never see or hear from The Great One.

What are you prepared to do to show you've had enough ?

What and when is "enough" for you ?

Ill support them.

If thats ok.

I'm afraid to get the fans on side you really do need to lay out what you want to achieve and what the alternative is.

As far as I can see there are 2 possible objectives.

Option 1: Get Romanov to change his management style.

Do you have any reason to believe this is going to happen? I can't see it. Even if it did, would anyone believe it if we were not challenging for the league?

Option 2: Get Romanov to sell.

This is more complicated. Obviously you need a willing seller and a willing buyer. I think it is possible that Romanov might sell if the finances are right. I can't see Romanov selling Hearts without being relieved of the debt. I can't see anyone buying the club and either clearing the debt or finding a bank willing to take it on. The only way for a new buyer to come into the club I believe is to sell the ground.

I laid out a possible path a year or so back to see if anyone would either agree with it or propose a realistic alternative. Safe to say I didn't get either. Anyway steps were basically:

1. The fans group to jointly oppose the building of the new stand. IT will put our finances beyond the point of no return.

2. Find someone respected in the business world (at the time I said Foulkes, but I'm no longer sure he'd be right) to quietly approach Romanov and ask if he would be willing to sell if a buyer could be found.

3. Fans groups to publicly state that they would support a new buyer selling the ground if there was a new owner with a clear plan for the future.

4. Respected businessman to very quietly search for new buyers.

5. Respected businessman to approach council to see if they would be willing to consider a joint ground development.

This has all become harder to make the sums add up due to falling land prices and potential buyers will be thin on the ground, but might still work.

So I ask, would you be happy to support the sale of Tynecastle or can you set out a viable alternative?

It throughly amazes me that the fans are split, we must have the most apathetic fans in the world!

Anything must be better than what we are currently doing - NOTHING

So do we sit idly by seeing Hearts crumble into oblivion (I see no other alternative if we get more of the same), or get off our backsided and do SOMETHING Lets get moving..........

We simply discussed where we all were with regard to Romanov and the club, and how best to go forward. We never formally set anything up, so there was nothing to report in that sense: as soon as we do though, our ideas will be laid out for everyone to see. If we'd reported back at that stage, it'd have been like minuting a chat down the pub!
... And it was about two days after we had the last crumb thrown from the table ... Csaba's appointment , I think

Come on now, it was a meeting of an organisation called CHARM, wasn't it? You must have discussed some kind of battle plans / strategy surely? The reason I ask this is quite simple - a couple of months down the line and you're lobbying for support again.

Support for what, I'm not really sure but did you come all the way from Norwich to Edinburgh for "a chat down the pub"?

Come on now, it was a meeting of an organisation called CHARM, wasn't it? You must have discussed some kind of battle plans / strategy surely? The reason I ask this is quite simple - a couple of months down the line and you're lobbying for support again.

Support for what, I'm not really sure but did you come all the way from Norwich to Edinburgh for "a chat down the pub"?

Why do you appear to be having a go at Shaun on this Iain?.

I know through reading threads that you have obviously been involved in meetings in the past about the club.

Where at the moment do you stand on what is happening and where do you intend taking it? or are you happy the way it is going at the moment?.

Ian i have never met you and you are probably a nice guy but you do seem to be a little aggressive with your posts on this thread.

I don?t know if there is any history, but the OP asked for us to try look forward.

Why do you appear to be having a go at Shaun on this Iain?.

I know through reading threads that you have obviously been involved in meetings in the past about the club.

Where at the moment do you stand on what is happening and where do you intend taking it? or are you happy the way it is going at the moment?.

In post #38 he appears to have a thinly-veiled dig at me, Gary Mackay, John Borthwick and Stevie Kilgour - as well as George Foulkes and Leslie Deans.

He also stated that "Cloak and dagger secrecy does no good at all;" but yet there has been at least one meeting of CHARM but doesn't see the need to tell anyone what went on as it was "just a chat down the pub".

Personally, I get a bit tired of these 'let's do something about Romanov' threads. If there was a genuine, organised groundswell of people prepared to actually do something - it would have happened long before now IMO.

Ian i have never met you and you are probably a nice guy but you do seem to be a little aggressive with your posts on this thread.

I don?t know if there is any history, but the OP asked for us to try look forward.

Aggressive - in what way?

In post #38 he appears to have a thinly-veiled dig at me, Gary Mackay, John Borthwick and Stevie Kilgour - as well as George Foulkes and Leslie Deans.

He also stated that "Cloak and dagger secrecy does no good at all;" but yet there has been at least one meeting of CHARM but doesn't see the need to tell anyone what went on as it was "just a chat down the pub".

Personally, I get a bit tired of these 'let's do something about Romanov' threads. If there was a genuine, organised groundswell of people prepared to actually do something - it would have happened long before now IMO.

ffs

It was just a chat down the pub because Vlad pulled a rabbit out of the hat between the meeting being organized and happening ...

Fact, as they say on here.

I would also be against certain federation members having a private sitting with Vlad as you very rarely hear what went on and nothing concrete ever comes out of it.

My opinion would be to have a proper demonstration After a match,win,lose or draw.

Have it pre organised and invite some press along,have it outside the main stand in the carpark and possibly have speakers like Mackay,Foulkes etc.

Support the team on the park for 90 minutes and vent your spleen in the carpark after.

Yes and as Jambovambo says elsewhere, make it uncomfortable for Vlad and his cohorts. Make it public, make it in their faces and let's push Vlad to see what happens.

I seriously cannot believe that standing up and being counted will cause any more damage than Vlad is doing.

Archived