Hibs fans booing during 1 minute applause (merged threads)

lou

Christ on a bike what a tit.

Have you ever observed a minutes applause? If you have you will have noticed that there are always songs sung in tribute to whoever has passed away. You question whether the Hibs support is supposed to listen in to every chant of the Hearts support, well in this instance the answer to that would be yes, before you marr the occasion by booing (doesn't matter what you are booing, you shouldnt boo during something like that, wait till after) you should have listened to what we were actually chanting before you jumped to whatever conclusion you jumped to.

Embarassment each and every one of you. That includes your team.

Complete joke of a club you really are.

Get over yourself.

It was all down to confusion, don't kid yourself otherwise.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is definately the case. It is a shame that this confusion happened, but but's exactly what it was: confusion. It was NOT clear to most of the Hibs support at the game that your support were not infact singing Hearts songs. It may have been clear to those watching on Zitelli or the radio, but that's irrelevant; it wasn't clear to those at the match.

So the Hobos immediately assumed Hearts fans would mar the recognition of a fine man by singing Hearts songs?

What a shower of numbskulls.

Really, just so frikkiin' stupid.

Get over yourself.

The point being made in the post was and is certainly lost on you isnt it?

I wont even bother trying to explain it to you...

Get over yourself.

Ignorance is no excuse under the law -- so Hobo stop trying to defend your bunch of deaf fans whe got it wrong and made a complete arse of themselves -- just like the hard men who attacked a bus on which were a number of women and children.

Once a hobo always a hobo -- so go back to your board and hide under the rock you came from.:mad:

Gimme an H...
Get over yourself.

What am I kidding myself about?

Your 'fans' tarnished a good gesture (doesnt matter what you thought we were chanting, the honourable thing to do would be to observe it properly then boo us afterwards.

I can't post on hibs.net since I'm banned but I can't believe someone on there is actually saying that is wrong of us to start the One Eddie Thompson chant!

Unbelievable.

I can't post on hibs.net since I'm banned but I can't believe someone on there is actually saying that is wrong of us to start the One Eddie Thompson chant!

Unbelievable.

Here's a selected quote:

I actually feel sorry for them with this one. They've built themselves up this reputation of being filthy, classless ****bags that when they did start a genuine chant, people just assumed they were being their usual disrespectful selves.

:107years:

Unbelievable.

We also sang "There's only one Wallace Mercer" during the minutes aplause for AWM which they would have known about if they weren't all booing, digging imaginary graves and singing about him being dead :mad:

Yes but as the Hibs fans there were quite clearly not watching on TV, songs from the away support are not as easy to hear due to the noise around them.

Pretty simple really.

But continue on your crusade...

Perhaps if the hobos weren't so eager to jump on their high horses in the first place we wouldn't have this thread? Don't suppose it entered their tiny minds that any booing would reflect badly on them?

Don't ****ing try suggesting we are on a crusade - we have done NOTHING wrong here.

We also sang "There's only one Wallace Mercer" during the minutes aplause for AWM which they would have known about if they weren't all booing, digging imaginary graves and singing about him being dead :mad:

The exact same thing would have happened with our fans if the Wallace Mercer situation was reversed. I'm sure of that.

I'm not going to get into petty point scoring over which support is worse. The point is that it was a good gesture from the Hearts fans and that the Hibs fans (whether understandably or not) were in the wrong in this case.

Romanov Stole My Pension

I personally thought the Hearts supporters chant of One Eddie Thompson was a bit cringeworthy to be honest. He was very good for Dundee Utd and Scottish football, but Hearts supporters would never have sung that about him when he was alive. I may be a little out of order but I just felt it was jambos trying to display themselves in good light rather than actually pay homage to the man.

RIP

Gimme an H...
The exact same thing would have happened with our fans if the Wallace Mercer situation was reversed. I'm sure of that.

I'm not going to get into petty point scoring over which support is worse. The point is that it was a good gesture from the Hearts fans and that the Hibs fans (whether understandably or not) were in the wrong in this case.

Do you mean you think Hearts fans would give it the old grave digging mime and sing songs about his death?

If that is what you meant I struggle to agree with you.

I dont think any of us would go that low as to have nearly a full stand of us doing something like they did at tynie.

What am I kidding myself about?

Your 'fans' tarnished a good gesture (doesnt matter what you thought we were chanting, the honourable thing to do would be to observe it properly then boo us afterwards.

Yes they did tarnish a good gesture, but mistakenly so. The booing was directed at what was conceived as disprespect on the part of the Hearts support, and this was done immediately rather than after the minute was up. Now I appreciate this leaves the Hibs support open to criticism as booing during a minutes applause can easily be misconstrued as disrespect aimed at the deceased, as you have done, but the Hibs fans felt that it was Hearts fans who were being disrespectful, and thus communicated this at once. In hindsight, the boos were unjust, but at the time things were not clear.

In your view, taking into account the Hibs fans thought it was Hearts songs being sung, then the only dishonourable thing about the behaviour of the Hibs fans was that they didn't wait to communicate their displeasure at this (percieved) act of disrespect. Again, in hindsight, perhaps they should have waited, but they did not. At this was not out of disrespect, but more born out of anger at percieved disrespect from the Hearts support.

I stand by my assertion that it was due to confusion.

The point being made in the post was and is certainly lost on you isnt it?

I wont even bother trying to explain it to you...

See above.

Yes they did tarnish a good gesture, but mistakenly so. The booing was directed at what was conceived as disprespect on the part of the Hearts support, and this was done immediately rather than after the minute was up. Now I appreciate this leaves the Hibs support open to criticism as booing during a minutes applause can easily be misconstrued as disrespect aimed at the deceased, as you have done, but the Hibs fans felt that it was Hearts fans who were being disrespectful, and thus communicated this at once. In hindsight, the boos were unjust, but at the time things were not clear.

In your view, taking into account the Hibs fans thought it was Hearts songs being sung, then the only dishonourable thing about the behaviour of the Hibs fans was that they didn't wait to communicate their displeasure at this (percieved) act of disrespect. Again, in hindsight, perhaps they should have waited, but they did not. At this was not out of disrespect, but more born out of anger at percieved disrespect from the Hearts support.

I may be lowering the tone here, but I can honestly say no-one would care if you ****ed off and died.

Have a nice night :)

Gimme an H...
I personally thought the Hearts supporters chant of One Eddie Thompson was a bit cringeworthy to be honest. He was very good for Dundee Utd and Scottish football, but Hearts supporters would never have sung that about him when he was alive. I may be a little out of order but I just felt it was jambos trying to display themselves in good light rather than actually pay homage to the man.

RIP

Got to admit this did cross my mind aswel.

Doctor FinnBarr
That is definately the case. It is a shame that this confusion happened, but but's exactly what it was: confusion. It was NOT clear to most of the Hibs support at the game that your support were not infact singing Hearts songs. It may have been clear to those watching on Zitelli or the radio, but that's irrelevant; it wasn't clear to those at the match.

Can you just not return to the "dark side" and leave us in peace?

:107years::hobofish::107years::hobofish:

Do you mean you think Hearts fans would give it the old grave digging mime and sing songs about his death?

If that is what you meant I struggle to agree with you.

I dont think any of us would go that low as to have nearly a full stand of us doing something like they did at tynie.

Considering some of us sing Edinburgh is Wonderful, fenian blood and are racist at ER I don't see it as a big leap to doing what the Hibs fans did at Tynie.

I would not have done anything like that but there are definitely a few people in our support who would have done so.

Just look at the comments their are on here about Hibs and their fans. "Aids-ridden, HIVS, spastics, *****s". The list is endless. I don't see how mocking someone who tried to put your club out of business after they die is any different from those type of insults.

Perhaps if the hobos weren't so eager to jump on their high horses in the first place we wouldn't have this thread? Don't suppose it entered their tiny minds that any booing would reflect badly on them?

Don't ****ing try suggesting we are on a crusade - we have done NOTHING wrong here.

On the contrary, one could argue that it was the Hearts fans who initiated this high-horsery by singing the chant. As a poster previously stated, they wouldn't sing it when he was alive, so why once he's dead?

Gimme an H...

And I agree with that.

FFS.

Away and have a word wi yersel, and p off back to lowlifevermin.net

Booing whether you think we were being disrespectfull or not was not the attitude or line to take, and any person with half a brain cell would know that booing during a minutes applause would be disrespectfull in itself (Rightly or wrongly) but i suppose were not talking about normal human beings here were talking about low life filth....

You cannot justify the actions of those imbiciles in any way....better to just accept your low lifes and bog off

Considering some of us sing Edinburgh is Wonderful, fenian blood and are racist at ER I don't see it as a big leap to doing what the Hibs fans did at Tynie.

I would not have done anything like that but there are definitely a few people in our support who would have done so.

Just look at the comments their are on here about Hibs and their fans. "Aids-ridden, HIVS, spastics, *****s". The list is endless. I don't see how mocking someone who tried to put your club out of business after they die is any different from those type of insults.

You can't argue with facts.

Oh, and you're fooling no-one :)

Right, so your telling me that fans standing less than 50yards from over 300 people chanting "One Eddie Thomson" can't make out what's being said?

C'mon, this is a blatant attempt to try and cover up yet more shameful actions from your pitiful, prejudicied support.

The actions are clear, your lot booed a minutes applause for a recently deceased chairman of an SPL club.

S C U M.

You can't argue with facts.

Oh, and you're fooling no-one :)

Oh no, don't tell me this is a Hobo accusation?

Bollocks. Nearly 2000 posts, mostly positive about Hearts and I'm getting this accusation because I don't call Hibs fans Aids-ridden etc.

If I cared enough I'd list a few people on here who know me but I won't.

Gimme an H...

Fair points.

To be honest though, would you not agree that the part in bold is more likely to be said in jest (still doesnt make it right) and more for comic effect?

I'd like to think we were higher than what they managed to make themselves out to be at Tynie that day.

good argument but your fans boo'd a minutes applause it does't matter whats percieved your fans boo'D or am i wrong there????

and can we get the hobo pumped of this site???

Fozzyonthefence
Yes but as the Hibs fans there were quite clearly not watching on TV, songs from the away support are not as easy to hear due to the noise around them.

Pretty simple really.

But continue on your crusade...

Yes your fans are aren't they?

Oh no, don't tell me this is a Hobo accusation?

Bollocks. Nearly 2000 posts, mostly positive about Hearts and I'm getting this accusation because I don't call Hibs fans Aids-ridden etc.

If I cared enough I'd list a few people on here who know me but I won't.

Tee-hee.

*runs away giggling*

It's like a virtual game of tap door run.

Have to say credit again to you jambo's, i doubt any other set of supporters sang "one eddie thompson" this weekend, fair play.

Fair points.

To be honest though, would you not agree that the part in bold is more likely to be said in jest (still doesnt make it right) and more for comic effect?

I'd like to think we were higher than what they managed to make themselves out to be at Tynie that day.

Yes I do agree that people say those things and don't really mean them and that they somehow think they're being funny.

I'd also like to think we are higher than that and I know that I wouldn't join in but having seen how some of our fans act and judging by what some people post on here it wouldn't shock me if something similar happened.

There's no way of knowing but I'm sure there are a similar amount of idiots in the Hibs support and ours.

Gimme an H...
Yes I do agree that people say those things and don't really mean them and that they somehow think they're being funny.

I'd also like to think we are higher than that and I know that I wouldn't join in but having seen how some of our fans act and judging by what some people post on here it wouldn't shock me if something similar happened.

There's no way of knowing but I'm sure there are a similar amount of idiots in the Hibs support and ours.

You've got no idea how hard im finding agreeing with that.

On the contrary, one could argue that it was the Hearts fans who initiated this high-horsery by singing the chant. As a poster previously stated, they wouldn't sing it when he was alive, so why once he's dead?

Er it's called a tribute to a decent football man, and it also recognizes that life is actually more important than football rivalry.

End of day, we sang a tribute to a decent football man, you lot boo'ed.

So, what are the FACTS!!! Or answers to questions?

Eggman? Hobo? Y/N/Empty

I hate typing/saying, 'Hibs' fans being disrespectful? My guess, no. It was Heart of Midlothian supporters that booed. (It was also Heart of Midlothian supporters that 'chanted' hello, hello and Kilmarnock fans). I write for a well known Sunday redtop and we need people to buy our paper.....etc etc

Eh?

Dinny worry neave, I too enjoyed tap-door-run in my youth which may be what he/she is insinuating.

So, it was the sc*m booing? Y/N?

Hehehe.

Hobo.

:D

Ouch. Hey, remember I've got a list of people I know on here being prepared to prove I'm a Hearts fan and I'm not afraid to use it. :P

Ouch. Hey, remember I've got a list of people I know on here being prepared to prove I'm a Hearts fan and I'm not afraid to use it. :P

You're going to batter me after school tomorrow, eh?

The People's Chimp

RIP

Not at all. I think everyone (except some hibs fans) in scottish football respected his honesty and decency and his commitment to dundee united. Perhpas because of our travails of recent seasons we respect that a little more? I certainly think it was an excellent gesture and one which united fans would respect.

and can we get the hobo pumped of this site???

I'm merely explaining my take on this afternoon's happenings. Is that ok? I've not been antagonistic at all in my defence of the Hibs support, and I certainly could have been given the behaviour of some of the away supporters today. There are idiots on both sides though, and I accept this, rather than going on an internet forums searching for the moral high ground.

And to to others; I am indeed a Hibs supporter. I was standing in section 42 in the East Stand, second section away from the South Stand. It was not clear, even from there, what the Hearts support were singing.

I'm merely explaining my take on this afternoon's happenings. Is that ok? I've not been antagonistic at all in my defence of the Hibs support, and I certainly could have been given the behaviour of some of the away supporters today. There are idiots on both sides though, and I accept this, rather than going on an internet forums searching for the moral high ground.

And to to others; I am indeed a Hibs supporter. I was standing in section 42 in the East Stand, second section away from the South Stand. It was not clear, even from there, what the Hearts support were singing.

No.

No-one cares about what you have to say.

Its just not sinking in is it?

You Cannot defend the indefensible.

It matters not a jot what the Hearts supporters were singing, your lot boo'd, and it was entirely inappropriate.

And your defence of confusion is no defence at all.

****'s sake. Surely nobody wants to stand up and have a pop at a man like Eddie Thompson (perhaps the most decent man to be involved in Scottish fitba in recent times). I don't think for a minute anybody did today, why are we even suggesting that was the case?

Cappuccino Kid

Hibs fans really showed their class today. Not only booing during a minutes appreciation for Eddie Thomson but within 5 minutes the Wallace Mercer song could loudly be heard from the ned shed.

It matters not a jot what the Hearts supporters were singing, your lot boo'd, and it was entirely inappropriate.

And your defence of confusion is no defence at all.

Boos directed at the percieved disrespect coming from the Hearts support, rather than aimed at the deceased. The boos were in no way aimed at the late Eddie Thomson, despite the Hearts support on here doing exactly what the Hibs fans did earlier today and unjustly turning it that way, the difference being that it is being done knowingly - i.e. you all know the boos stemmed from confusion. That is the crux of the matter. Your argument wittles down to the fact that the Hibs fans should've waited till after the minute was up to express their displeasure at this percieved disprespect, and this point I have already addressed.

Boos directed at the percieved disrespect coming from the Hearts support, rather than aimed at the deceased. The boos were in no way aimed at the late Eddie Thomson, despite the Hearts support on here doing exactly what the Hibs fans did earlier today and unjustly turning it that way, the difference being that it is being done knowingly - i.e. you all know the boos stemmed from confusion. That is the crux of the matter. Your argument wittles down to the fact that the Hibs fans should've waited till after the minute was up to express their displeasure at this percieved disprespect, and this point I have already addressed.

The facts are:

Hearts fans sung One Eddie Thompson

Hibs fans thought we were singing Hearts songs and booed.

It would have been wiser not to boo at all especially when you say you didn't even know what we were singing.

Instead, Hibs fans should have carried on applauding and avoided any of this confusion.

That should really be the end of the discussion. There's nothing to debate as far as I can see.

The facts are:

Hearts fans sung One Eddie Thompson

Hibs fans thought we were singing Hearts songs and booed.

It would have been wiser not to boo at all especially when you say you didn't even know what we were singing.

Instead, Hibs fans should have carried on applauding and avoided any of this confusion.

That should really be the end of the discussion. There's nothing to debate as far as I can see.

I'd agree with that.

Archived