Hibs fans booing during 1 minute applause (merged threads)

lou

maltese jambo
On the contrary, one could argue that it was the Hearts fans who initiated this high-horsery by singing the chant. As a poster previously stated, they wouldn't sing it when he was alive, so why once he's dead?

I was a bit confused about the whole situation myself....

Why on earth did our fans start singing his name anyway? Not one of us had even one good word to say about him when he was alive and now....

hypocracy in the extreme?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was a bit confused about the whole situation myself....

Why on earth did our fans start singing his name anyway? Not one of us had even one good word to say about him when he was alive and now....

hypocracy in the extreme?

Nonsense, I for one have always had the upmost respect for him, a real football man.

Your post is absolute drivel

While we are on the subject, if Richard Gordon accused us of booing during the minute, and with it not being us, will he come on here or his sham of a radio show to apologise and set the nation straight?

kennygarland1
I think that it is time to return to a minute's silence to show respect.

The minute of applause does not feel right as a mark of respect.

Spot on,a minutes applause is a cop out to the odd moron or two who always spoil the minutes silence.

On another note,i've spoken to a Hibby mate of mine sitting in the stand behind the goals,he could clearly here the Eddie Thomson chant(he says you can here a pin drop in there:107years:).

On the other hand i've spoken to a few Hobos who were in the East and not one of them could make out what we were singing,and i for one believe them because i have been in there(semi against Murderwell) and the noise was deafening,you could'nt here anything coming from the away end.

But at the end of the day who gives a flying,we should've won the game and trying to score points on some petty misunderstanding is just making us out to look silly if you ask me.

maltese jambo
Nonsense, I for one have always had the upmost respect for him, a real football man.

Your post is absolute drivel

Hold on a second; i never said you didnt....i'm talking hearts fans in general wouldnt have known him.

Theres no need to get personal.

Is this forum at the stage where one can't even express an opinion without getting personally insulted?

Hold on a second; i never said you didnt....i'm talking hearts fans in general wouldnt have known him.

Theres no need to get personal.

Is this forum at the stage where one can't even express an opinion without getting personally insulted?

So you calling the fans who sung his name hypocrites is not insulting.:rolleyes:

While we are on the subject, if Richard Gordon accused us of booing during the minute, and with it not being us, will he come on here or his sham of a radio show to apologise and set the nation straight?

Will he feck. It doesn't tie in with their agenda.

Someone should email the link to this thread into Sportsound.

No it was not the case and I will be furious if we end up carrying the can for the Hibs fans lack of respect today

Commentator on the radio (which was all I could get at work) was pretty clear about 'a small section of Hibs fans disgracing themselves' by booing.

Will he feck. It doesn't tie in with their agenda.

Someone should email the link to this thread into Sportsound.

Offering your services there?;)

Seems the Utd fans in the link provided on this thread seem fine with it all.

Commentator on the radio (which was all I could get at work) was pretty clear about 'a small section of Hibs fans disgracing themselves' by booing.

What station? Guys on here and Utd said Radio Scotland were trying to pin the blame on us. Unless you are Richard Gordon trying to set the record straight...:P

kyle_ferguson10

i was speaking to my friend when i got home and he was sitting in the east stand (he's a hibby) and he said to me they were booing because there was 3 men in the hearts stand trying to start H E A R T S maybee just an excuse but thats what he said

i was speaking to my friend when i got home and he was sitting in the east stand (he's a hibby) and he said to me they were booing because there was 3 men in the hearts stand trying to start H E A R T S maybee just an excuse but thats what he said

So your mate could hear 3 guys over a whole ground applauding and singing something totally different ?

Sorry, but you mate's either a liar or a first class fud.

Personally I'd take an educated guess at the latter.

the "one Eddie Thompson" was loud and clear on setanta. The booing seemed strange.

I thought the same mate..

scottish_chicP
So your mate could hear 3 guys over a whole ground applauding and singing something totally different ?

Sorry, but you mate's either a liar or a first class fud.

Personally I'd take an educated guess at the latter.

I have to agree I think that is absolute nonsense.

Did you not read the whole thread ?

The United fans now know EXACTLY what happened.

i do now, but originally it looked that way

Narrative Arc

We've got to take some blame. We boo'd The Proclaimers. Pretty dis-respectful considering they're musical career has been dead for years. :)

I noticed that when the setanta cameras were on Csaba and Werner they werent clapping, anyone know why this is? perhaps this is what ppl were booing at?

===============

Yes i saw this as well,

Not sure Hibbie s would be booing ET but there are allways a few who make thing bad for the reast of us.

===============

Yes i saw this as well,

Not sure Hibbie s would be booing ET but there are allways a few who make thing bad for the reast of us.

Even if they didnt clap (which I cant say one way or another whether they did or not as i never saw the minutes applause) - they would be perfectly within their rights to do so.

Doing nothing during a minutes applause is not disrespecting it. Boo-ing it is.

Perhaps, Csaba and Werner, whom have probably never dealt with ET, chose not to pay respect to someone they never knew anything about. If that was the case, and of course i'm merely speculating, then that would be entirely their perogative.

The minutes applause is / was not compulsary.

Christ on a bike what a tit.

Have you ever observed a minutes applause? If you have you will have noticed that there are always songs sung in tribute to whoever has passed away. You question whether the Hibs support is supposed to listen in to every chant of the Hearts support, well in this instance the answer to that would be yes, before you marr the occasion by booing (doesn't matter what you are booing, you shouldnt boo during something like that, wait till after) you should have listened to what we were actually chanting before you jumped to whatever conclusion you jumped to.

Embarassment each and every one of you. That includes your team.

Complete joke of a club you really are.

I was in the East Stand near the FF end of the ground and I couldnt make out what you were singing so its reasonable to assume that others didnt make it out either. I didnt boo you, I was too busy clapping, but if others did then I can only assume they thought your support was being disrespectful and were booing that. Two wrongs dont make a right etc etc so perhaps the Hibs fans that booed should have done the same as I did and ignored you as well.

I was in the East Stand near the FF end of the ground and I couldnt make out what you were singing so its reasonable to assume that others didnt make it out either. I didnt boo you, I was too busy clapping, but if others did then I can only assume they thought your support was being disrespectful and were booing that. Two wrongs dont make a right etc etc so perhaps the Hibs fans that booed should have done the same as I did and ignored you as well.

Only one wrong there sunshine and it was your mob.

Ive read some of the posts on hibs.net and the manky ***** had the audacity to blame us for the booin as we shouldnae have been singin in the first place, ****ing *****s.

Only one wrong there sunshine and it was your mob.

Ive read some of the posts on hibs.net and the manky ***** had the audacity to blame us for the booin as we shouldnae have been singin in the first place, ****ing *****s.

I take your point. Let me rephrase. If people made a mistake and thought you were being offensive [1 wrong] and booed [2 wrongs] to counteract it they shouldnt have. I wasnt implying that hearts had been the perpetrators of this wrongdoing, I was implying that Hibs fans may have misinterpreted your intentions and booed accordingly.

Again though, I have read posts on this thread from people stating they watched it on santa telly and could clearly hear whats being sung by the hearts fans. Its not quite as clear what opposing fans are singing when you are at the game as you probably well know

I take your point. Let me rephrase. If people made a mistake and thought you were being offensive [1 wrong] and booed [2 wrongs] to counteract it they shouldnt have. I wasnt implying that hearts had been the perpetrators of this wrongdoing, I was implying that Hibs fans may have misinterpreted your intentions and booed accordingly.

Again though, I have read posts on this thread from people stating they watched it on santa telly and could clearly hear whats being sung by the hearts fans. Its not quite as clear what opposing fans are singing when you are at the game as you probably well know

I don't think anyone thinks the Hibs fans were booing for any other reason,but they should have carried on with the applause and if they felt the need to show their feelings boo after the whistle.

As I have said previously some unsavoury behaviour from both sets of fans yesterday,but as usual Hibs fans very keen to take the moral highground

Archived