How very kind of them. A great Jambo hibs.net read! Worst derby memories

Craigieboy

Guest jambomickey
Someone else once gave me that advice some years ago. I heeded it, then regretted it - and now consider him to be wrong. As I see it, my posts on there are no different to those of a reasonable journalist or academic interested in football. And because an academic working in football is likely to be something I become, there'll be other fora I use - and I'll be polite, not on the windup, and will probably be accused of brown nosing on here too.

shaun if and when you move to edinburgh you'll then be able to realise why it is wrong for a jambo to be polite to those vermin rat bags. they are everything we are not

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Each to their own. People know I post on hibs.net; and it isn't going to change.

Fair enough, but i was really enjoying there agony untill your post on the last ten years seemed to cheer them up. You should just leave them to wallow in there own derby misery.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
That may happen I suppose; it's happened to others, after all. I don't think I'm willing to stop being myself, though. What everyone else makes of it is up to them.

Your choice at the end of the day.

Loads of Kickbackers have managed to post on Hibs.Net without resorting to the type of vomit inducing stuff you are coming out with at the moment though.

As an academic you should read up a bit on football rivalry. :)

Anyway, this is my last post on the topic ... I'm posting too much on something that doesn't even concern me!

Fair enough, but i was really enjoying there agony untill your post on the last ten years seemed to cheer them up. You should just leave them to wallow in there own derby misery.

Don't think any of them noticed, did they? Probably because it was contained within a post covering all their recent failures - yet strangely, no-one on here picked that bit up...

EDIT: Oh, sorry - I thought you meant the 'brownnosing' post others mentioned.

Your choice at the end of the day.

Loads of Kickbackers have managed to post on Hibs.Net without resorting to the type of vomit inducing stuff you are coming out with at the moment though.

As an academic you should read up a bit on football rivalry. :)

Anyway, this is my last post on the topic ... I'm posting too much on something that doesn't even concern me!

Mine too - and sorry to others for taking this off topic.

ToadKiller Dog

This is derby week ,no self respecting hearts fan should be nice to them this week ,its about creating an atmosphere ,its about trying to create an apprehension amongst there support like we did for the cup semi .In short it should be about Banter ,wind up and the **** take .

its part of the fun and seriousness of the build up

They can be cuddled afterwards if thats your bag.

Come on guys, we've had a thread of Shaun justifying himself already.

Let's keep this one very much right up the Hobos.

Exactly lets enjoy watching the hobos relive their worst derby memories.

You're wrong. I'd probably post a note congratulating them on hibs.net, and that would be all.

Hobo

Personally i'd be gutted if they won the big cup in my lifetime.:107years::107years::107years:

maroonlegions

cleanyman

First Team Regular

Getting pumped at Hampden, also the fact we failed to sell our allocation.:107years::107years:

pure comedy goal but true enough.:)

ToadKiller Dog
Hobo

Personally i'd be gutted if they won the big cup in my lifetime.:107years::107years::107years:

I would not worry as zager and evans sang

"In the year 7510 if hibs are going to win the cup

they ought to have won it by then"

Love their history revision.

It would have all been different had - the game not started at 12 on a Sunday (their fault), O'connor been available (shouldn't have sold him then) and Malkowski not sold the jersey (he actually made one or two excellent saves before his massive blunders).

The first twenty minutes were a bit even but after that it was one way traffic with four excellent goals and a half empty Hibs end in the biggest derby for over 100 years.

Any Hobo who tells me that wasn't their worst derby experience either didn't go or is lying.

Someone else once gave me that advice some years ago. I heeded it, then regretted it - and now consider him to be wrong. As I see it, my posts on there are no different to those of a reasonable journalist or academic interested in football. And because an academic working in football is likely to be something I become, there'll be other fora I use - and I'll be polite, not on the windup, and will probably be accused of brown nosing on here too.

Please hurry up and get that job will you, so you can take your pompous nonsense elsewhere.

I am a journalist. However, as a Hearts fan, I wouldn't allow my journalistic reasoning to cloud my passion when typing on a fans forum. Goodness me. There is a world of difference between writing on a forum and writing a balanced article in a newspaper, or working in football as an academic, whatever that may entail.

If you are that clever, I am surprised you can't see the difference, or the point that many make here. Hearts fans would never go on a Hibs forum, particularly in derby week and tell Hibs that they will win the cup one day.

Every time I come on Kickback these days, there you are, spouting some such or other, and it's tedious. Maybe we'd all be better off if you did go off and have polite chit chat on all those other fora, as you like to call them.

Please hurry up and get that job will you, so you can take your pompous nonsense elsewhere.

I am a journalist. However, as a Hearts fan, I wouldn't allow my journalistic reasoning to cloud my passion when typing on a fans forum. Goodness me. There is a world of difference between writing on a forum and writing a balanced article in a newspaper, or working in football as an academic, whatever that may entail.

If you are that clever, I am surprised you can't see the difference, or the point that many make here. Hearts fans would never go on a Hibs forum, particularly in derby week and tell Hibs that they will win the cup one day.

Every time I come on Kickback these days, there you are, spouting some such or other, and it's tedious. Maybe we'd all be better off if you did go off and have polite chit chat on all those other fora, as you like to call them.

4698336629430l.jpg

The worst post is our very own Shaun Lawson reassuring them that they WILL win the Scottish Cup one day.

Pull your tongue out of their virtual bumholes man! :mad:

Gotta agree AP

Shaun I think you have taken it too far now

Over the last few days, all I've done is defend myself against questions asked by others. Perhaps you'd rather I hadn't? Perhaps I should have just gone personal; or done what no-one else on here would do anyway, and allowed open season against my character on any given thread?

All I ever am is rational; probably super rational, in truth. This gives me a world of trouble at times, and is as much a weakness as a strength. But I won't be told that calmly defending my corner on here = being pompous; and the comment of mine which has caused such a fuss in this thread is entirely consistent with what I said the other day. I quite like Hibs, ergo I post on their messageboard, don't wind them up, and am basically nice. This isn't going to have magically changed three days after I explained why this was.

Finally, why should there be that big a difference between writing on a forum or in a newspaper? It's a public place, viewable by all, and we are all responsible and accountable for what we write. Chances are, the fewer people like me who post on other fora (:P), the more tribalism, intolerance and lack of understanding there'll be across all fanbases; and in all likelihood, the lazier and more ill-informed many journalists' articles will be too.

Guest jambomickey
Over the last few days, all I've done is defend myself against questions asked by others. Perhaps you'd rather I hadn't? Perhaps I should have just gone personal; or done what no-one else on here would do anyway, and allowed open season against my character on any given thread?

All I ever am is rational; probably super rational, in truth. This gives me a world of trouble at times, and is as much a weakness as a strength. But I won't be told that calmly defending my corner on here = being pompous; and the comment of mine which has caused such a fuss in this thread is entirely consistent with what I said the other day. I quite like Hibs, ergo I post on their messageboard, don't wind them up, and am basically nice. This isn't going to have magically changed three days after I explained why this was.

Finally, why should there be that big a difference between writing on a forum or in a newspaper? It's a public place, viewable by all, and we are all responsible and accountable for what we write. Chances are, the fewer people like me who post on other fora (:P), the more tribalism, intolerance and lack of understanding there'll be across all fanbases; and in all likelihood, the lazier and more ill-informed many journalists' articles will be too.

shaun if and when you relocate to edinburgh the feeling i get is you would be the type who would support hearts one week and hibs the next!

shaun if and when you relocate to edinburgh the feeling i get is you would be the type who would support hearts one week and hibs the next!

No I wouldn't - although I admire those who did many decades ago.

The People's Chimp
That may happen I suppose; it's happened to others, after all. I don't think I'm willing to stop being myself, though. What everyone else makes of it is up to them.

As I've already said on anoer thread, I don't thik they will. They've built up a mental block about it, and it'll pass from hobo generation to hobo generation.

I'm intrigued as to why you would want to remove or diminish the rivalries in Scottish football Shaun.

The standard of football in our league is dreadful and if we are being honest with ourselves the amount of entertainment we really receive is minimal when compared with the expenditure.

Remove the social aspects of the game and I think you struggle to make a case for spending ?75 on watching an away game at Dundee Utd in my opinion.

The People's Chimp

Don't you think you're taking it just a little bit too seriously?

I'm intrigued as to why you would want to remove or diminish the rivalries in Scottish football Shaun.

The standard of football in our league is dreadful and if we are being honest with ourselves the amount of entertainment we really receive is minimal when compared with the expenditure.

Remove the social aspects of the game and I think you struggle to make a case for spending ?75 on watching an away game at Dundee Utd in my opinion.

I don't want to diminish the rivalries at all. They're fantastic. A big part of being a Hearts fan is the rivalry with Hibs; a big part of being a Hibs fan is the rivalry with Hearts. I think we'd be lost without each other.

But I don't want the rivalry to ever become nasty, vicious, intolerant, or comparable with that in Glasgow. Such is messageboard and blogging culture nowadays, people are frequently rude, obnoxious, and behave in a wholly different way to how they might do in person. Newspaper blogs, for example, are frequently ruined by astonishingly nasty personal abuse of the correspondent - and I think that's awful. Rivalry, humour, mick taking I'm all for; unpleasantness I'm not.

Perhaps. But if someone attacked you on here, wouldn't you respond? Especially when, as we all know, mud sticks.

I don't want to diminish the rivalries at all. They're fantastic. A big part of being a Hearts fan is the rivalry with Hibs; a big part of being a Hibs fan is the rivalry with Hearts. I think we'd be lost without each other.

But I don't want the rivalry to ever become nasty, vicious, intolerant, or comparable with that in Glasgow. Such is messageboard and blogging culture nowadays, people are frequently rude, obnoxious, and behave in a wholly different way to how they might do in person. Newspaper blogs, for example, are frequently ruined by astonishingly nasty personal abuse of the correspondent - and I think that's awful. Rivalry, humour, mick taking I'm all for; unpleasantness I'm not.

You're too late Shaun our rivalry with Hibs is already all these things.

You're too late Shaun our rivalry with Hibs is already all these things.

And not only of our making. Trying to deny this is the case is a bit like some of the holocaust denials made by certain crank academics.

And not only of our making. Trying to deny this is the case is a bit like some of the holocaust denials made by certain crank academics.

In which case, shouldn't more effort be made by fans' groups and the two clubs to change it?

All I can say to you is good luck with changing the world. Go get 'em boy. :rolleyes:

How old are you? Have you ever actually lived in the real world? Seriously, you seem to see everything through very rosy spectacles. You think that more people like you can stop tribalism, intolerance between opposing football fans, and at the same time improve the quality of the nation's journalism?!?

What are you? Some sort of latter day saint? Please, don't answer that.

:eek:

I would contend that it is worse "in person" than on messageboards.There are rules on behaviour on the vast majority of sites and the vast majority,basically,behave.

Now,derby day,drinks before the game and adrenalin pumping and you will hear far,far worse abuse between fans "in person."

Some of this can be good banter but most is certainly worse than anything on fans' forums.

In which case, shouldn't more effort be made by fans' groups and the two clubs to change it?

I know, let's have a joint big fun Hibs and Hearts jamboree....get a life.:rolleyes:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I know, let's have a joint big fun Hibs and Hearts jamboree....get a life.:rolleyes:

What paper do you write for? I think I would enjoy your articles!

Shaun

Surely you've read the vitriol posted on that board day in day out. Nothing will ever change that. Most of the low lives who post on that board hate us with a passion.

Personally, I was always taught as a youngster to regard them as a lower life form akin to amoebas, and to pity them. The posts on deluded.net in the main confirm that the teachings I had at that time remain as valid today as they did fifty years ago.

I can never understand why some people try to make out that the rivalry between us and the vermin is somehow more healthy and sporting than that of the OF. They hate us and we hate them just as it should be in a local derby.

Why most of us like hating the other side:)

Its the way he has to reply using three or 4 paragraphs when one line will do. I do not profess to be anywhere near an intellectual, but I do understand plain English.

Shaun you appear to be on another level compared to the majority of us, perhaps when debating you should remember this rather than alienate yourself.

All I can say to you is good luck with changing the world. Go get 'em boy. :rolleyes:

How old are you? Have you ever actually lived in the real world? Seriously, you seem to see everything through very rosy spectacles. You think that more people like you can stop tribalism, intolerance between opposing football fans, and at the same time improve the quality of the nation's journalism?!?

What are you? Some sort of latter day saint? Please, don't answer that.

:eek:

I'm just someone who believes in live and let live - and am glad I'm not as cynical about the world as you appear to be. Hooliganism was stopped; racism was stopped. So should violence between fans - which is just an extension of the intolerance which disturbs me.

Its the way he has to reply using three or 4 paragraphs when one line will do. I do not profess to be anywhere near an intellectual, but I do understand plain English.

Shaun you appear to be on another level compared to the majority of us, perhaps when debating you should remember this rather than alienate yourself.

I doubt I'm any smarter or more stupid than anyone else - and most of my replies on this thread have been of the one paragraph, occasionally one line variety.

Finally, why should there be that big a difference between writing on a forum or in a newspaper? It's a public place, viewable by all, and we are all responsible and accountable for what we write.

Are you on the wind-up? Why is there a big difference on a forum or a newspaper? On here, accountable to whom? What is the worst thing that will happen? A suspension? A ban? Really, do you think about what you post, or does it just pour out?

winston churchill

have you ever been to an edinburgh derby................or even been to a hearts game.

No. Let's have a rivalry which doesn't descend into nastiness, with local shops and pubs getting trashed. Think that's a good thing, do you?

I'm just someone who believes in live and let live - and am glad I'm not as cynical about the world as you appear to be. Hooliganism was stopped; racism was stopped. So should violence between fans - which is just an extension of the intolerance which disturbs me.

And I am glad I am not as naive as you. Racism was stopped. Mmmm. :rolleyes:Holiganism was stopped. Mmmmm. :rolleyes:

And I am sorry, did I advocate violence between fans at any point? I don't think I did.

have you ever been to an edinburgh derby................or even been to a hearts game.

Yes. I haven't found the derbies I've been to at Tynie to be unpleasant at all - maybe I was just lucky.

Shaun, if you seriously want to work as a football journalist you should print a hard copy of this thread and attach it to your job applications. That radio station which employs Cameron, the Daily ****** and the BBC all seem to thrive on employing ****-stirrers who make a living out of being controversial for the sake of controversy. There's no place for rationality in Scottish football and I'm sure you'll go far as a journo given your commitment to defending yourself over a lost cause.

And I am glad I am not as naive as you. Racism was stopped. Mmmm. :rolleyes:Holiganism was stopped. Mmmmm. :rolleyes:

And I am sorry, did I advocate violence between fans at any point? I don't think I did.

Racism amongst fans and hooliganism at football stadiums has been pretty much weeded out. But again: do you want the rivalry between Hearts and Hibs to be nasty, vicious, and comparable with that of the OF - or not?

Shaun, if you seriously want to work as a football journalist you should print a hard copy of this thread and attach it to your job applications. That radio station which employs Cameron, the Daily ****** and the BBC all seem to thrive on employing ****-stirrers who make a living out of being controversial for the sake of controversy. There's no place for rationality in Scottish football and I'm sure you'll go far as a journo given your commitment to defending yourself over a lost cause.

First I thought this was a compliment - then I got confused. You don't think I'm just **** stirring for the sake of it, do you?

No. Let's have a rivalry which doesn't descend into nastiness, with local shops and pubs getting trashed. Think that's a good thing, do you?

No, but neither do i think that hoping Hibs never win the cup, wanting them to lose all the time, and generally disliking everything about them is a bad thing either.

Are you on the wind-up? Why is there a big difference on a forum or a newspaper? On here, accountable to whom? What is the worst thing that will happen? A suspension? A ban? Really, do you think about what you post, or does it just pour out?

Accountable to all who read it. If you write something libellous in a public place, you can be sued because of it. Aren't you aware of that?

First I thought this was a compliment - then I got confused. You don't think I'm just **** stirring for the sake of it, do you?

I think that many people on here will view you as misguided at best.

No, but neither do i think that hoping Hibs never win the cup, wanting them to lose all the time, and generally disliking everything about them is a bad thing either.

Neither do I! Not sharing this view is my personal choice; but I've never tried to suggest anyone else follow it. That, clearly, would be ridiculous.

It's not how I see it you should be interested in, it's how the market of your potential employers see it you should be interested in, and I think the media outlets I mentioned would be delighted to have you on board.

I think that many people on here will view you as misguided at best.

No doubt. I've hardly committed a crime though.

Archived