How very kind of them. A great Jambo hibs.net read! Worst derby memories

Craigieboy

Racism amongst fans and hooliganism at football stadiums has been pretty much weeded out. But again: do you want the rivalry between Hearts and Hibs to be nasty, vicious, and comparable with that of the OF - or not?

You don't even know what you are talking about mate. Have you been to an Old Firm game? Do you hang out with Rangers and Celtic fans? They get along too you know. One of my friends is a Celtic fan and guess what, her sons are Rangers fans. And guess what? She loves them!

Every support has its own share of morons, but I think you are generalising here massively about things you have little knowledge of.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shaun

Surely you've read the vitriol posted on that board day in day out. Nothing will ever change that. Most of the low lives who post on that board hate us with a passion.

Personally, I was always taught as a youngster to regard them as a lower life form akin to amoebas, and to pity them. The posts on deluded.net in the main confirm that the teachings I had at that time remain as valid today as they did fifty years ago.

I guess it just goes over my head. It's just words from keyboard hardmen on an internet messageboard - so I pay as little attention to it as I do the reverse on here.

You don't even know what you are talking about mate. Have you been to an Old Firm game? Do you hang out with Rangers and Celtic fans? They get along too you know. One of my friends is a Celtic fan and guess what, her sons are Rangers fans. And guess what? She loves them!

Every support has its own share of morons, but I think you are generalising here massively about things you have little knowledge of.

You're right. Of course Celtic and Rangers fans get on with each other. But their rivalry is insane: not something to be aspired to, to say the least.

winston churchill
Yes. I haven't found the derbies I've been to at Tynie to be unpleasant at all - maybe I was just lucky.

so when was the last time you paid us a visit.

No, you're just an egotistical s***-stirrer. I'm off for my dinner.

Yes. Someone who holds a different view from the majority, and defends it against attack... they must be a **** stirrer! And don't forget the 'egotistical' bit: after all, all egotists post earlier in a thread how they actually lack self-confidence, and are brutally honest about themselves, let alone anything else, aren't they?

This is what I meant when describing you as cynical.

I guess it just goes over my head. It's just words from keyboard hardmen on an internet messageboard - so I pay as little attention to it as I do the reverse on here.

Shaun

I don't know how it can "go over your head", if you are reading some of the post on the threads you are posting on. As for the threads on here, maybe just me but I don't see the amount of mind numbing vitriol and hatred here that there is in that other place.

Shaun, i enjoy your posts on KB. I despair at your posts on hibs.net.

Next time you log onto .net, search for threads about The Hearts War Memorial, have a look at what the majority of the opinions are like.

You will quickly realise what the warrior poets are really like. Hopefully you will then stop coming out with keek like you have recently and realise why they are viewed, by many on here as well as on the streets of Edinburgh, as complete low-lifes.

this_is_my_story

Erm... back on topic if I may!!

A particularly humourous assessment of the Semi from one of the dunces posting on their thread...

"Every one of the goals was totally avoidable and totally shyeety -- typically Yamish -- from Hartley's miskick on."

'Typically Yamish'!!!!

Yes, whereas every Hibernian goal is a thing of flair and beauty... utter trumpets! :107years:

so when was the last time you paid us a visit.

Last season, home to Aberdeen.

Next time you log onto .net, search for threads about The Hearts War Memorial, have a look at what the majority of the opinions are like.

You will quickly realise what the warrior poets are really like. Hopefully you will then stop coming out with keek like you have recently and realise why they are viewed, by many on here as well as on the streets of Edinburgh, as complete low-lifes.

Will do, mate.

winston churchill

he could also check out....what the **** have/had to say about mr mercer.

A particularly humourous assessment of the Semi from one of the dunces posting on their thread...

"Every one of the goals was totally avoidable and totally shyeety -- typically Yamish -- from Hartley's miskick on."

'Typically Yamish'!!!!

Yes, whereas every Hibernian goal is a thing of flair and beauty... utter trumpets! :107years:

Sounds like a new song for Wierd Al Jankowicz - Been spending most of our lives living in a Yamish paradise. :107years:

'Typically Yamish'!!!!

Hartley's miskick?:eek:

That isn't even funny.There's problems with that individual,big ones!

Yes. Someone who holds a different view from the majority, and defends it against attack... they must be a **** stirrer! And don't forget the 'egotistical' bit: after all, all egotists post earlier in a thread how they actually lack self-confidence, and are brutally honest about themselves, let alone anything else, aren't they?

This is what I meant when describing you as cynical.

You're a manipulator. There's a pattern to all your posts. I don't really care if you call me cynical. I certainly can be, and have good reason to be as well. Perhaps until you have come out of your academic bubble and lived in the real world like I have already stated, you will never understand that. You claim to want all this harmony and peace in the world, and yet you know little of the world you live in. It's pretty easy to not be cynical when you haven't had to deal with any blows in life at all. I'm kind of thinking that this is the case with you.

It's not how I see it you should be interested in, it's how the market of your potential employers see it you should be interested in, and I think the media outlets I mentioned would be delighted to have you on board.

Yikes! I think that's probably the worst insult I've ever had on here...

You're a manipulator. There's a pattern to all your posts. I don't really care if you call me cynical. I certainly can be, and have good reason to be as well. Perhaps until you have come out of your academic bubble and lived in the real world like I have already stated, you will never understand that. You claim to want all this harmony and peace in the world, and yet you know little of the world you live in. It's pretty easy to not be cynical when you haven't had to deal with any blows in life at all. I'm kind of thinking that this is the case with you.

See post 20. "Haven't had to deal with any blows in life at all"? How does child abuse grab you?

And no, before anyone else interjects, there is no need to comment on this at all. I bring it up purely because I am offended by what heartscat suggested above. Doubtless, he thinks this is all part of my being a 'manipulator' (examples please?): but I'm merely being honest and open.

Yikes! I think that's probably the worst insult I've ever had on here...

Well if any other posters think my posts on this thread are unjustified I will be happy to retract them, but I can't see it myself.

MacDonald Jardine

Here's a few choice examples:

"It is continually peddled as a hearts memorial with the usual patronising comments at the end of every statement, eg "It is relevant to Hibs, Falkirk etc. etc......"

As you say Doddie, they can stick it where they like Kaunas would be a particularly appropriate site "

"I'm fed up with those Yam-ridden posts about the War Memorial at Haymarket that seem to crop up every six months. There appears to be subtext of glorification (you are dockside/paddy/peg selling **** who are not active patrotic members of the Edinburgh business community) or a slimy co-opting nonsense of making us partners in endorsing the biggest state-sponsonered genocide of working-class people for the profit of the rich ever in history.

Get over it Yams, and please, Hibs net admins, stop indulging them by posting those tedious 'one-upman' threads amd playing into their pathetic hands."

"This will be offensive to many, but I don't see any essential difference between the obsessive insistence on an exact or particular spot for a memorial and the obsessions that other groups or sects have for and with their pasts. "

"Aye, yer right. The moving of a H**rts memorial clock from Haymarket will stop everyone remembering WW1."

" Want sign nothing with Hearts in the tittle."

"if it is an issue where football issues should be put the side why is it that the memory of macraes battallion has been hijacked by a certain element as a purely hearts matter in an attempt at cheap point scoring. to me that is equally as crass and distasteful as some of the comments you refer to on here."

"it is perhaps (probably) just me, but why is it that evrything to do with Hearts manages to sound all condescending and arrogant? I mean, do we need Jack Alexander (who i am assuming is a hearts fan?) to come on here and tell us how we feel towards a club, with whom our entire history can be characterised as one of antipathy, to tell us that we are really all friends?

I mean, it is just the twice as fas as i am aware that they have tried to put us out of business..

This is not an attack on Jack by the way, i dont know him from Adam, he is probably just getting caught up with my particular disgust for the new breed of Hearts fan, the one that has morphed from the grotesque arrogance of the early Romanov era to one of sickening and phoney Edinburgh comradeship, you know the type, 'we are not so different', 'we have always been friends deep down' etc etc etc as if we are somehow standing shoulder to shoulder with them in their demise...

Sorry jumbos, we are VERY different, you are in this alone, so wallow."

"No need to worry, I'm sure the reactionary and confused rants of this blithering fool will find a far more receptive audience over on Sickbag."

"Simple, quiet, and Dignified. The Hibernian Way."

Gimme an H...
If you ask me, people registering just to post windups are pretty sad cases themselves! Indeed, we probably all are, given we spend so much time on an internet messageboard.

To me, licking their rings would involve me making ridiculous posts such as:

"I love Hibs! GGTTH!"

"You'll beat us on Sunday. We're ****e!"

"Hearts fans are numpties - I think you've got a much better support, to be honest".

"I hope we do go into administration. The death of the club will be all our fault anyway".

That would be disgraceful. But staying polite and reasonable, and (because I'm nothing if not rational), asserting they have to win it at some point? Nope.

To me, THIS is cringeworthy and arse licking of the highest order...

*interloper alert*

Worst? 6-2 by a mile.

Best? 4-4.

*end of interloper alert*

Why even aknowledge their pitifull existance?

Chad Sexington
See post 20. "Haven't had to deal with any blows in life at all"? How does child abuse grab you?

Shaun, there are some things you really don't need to share on a football message board.

I'm pretty sure that one would be near the top of my list.

:eek:

'Probably' meaning the bit about hibs.net (as in it's not certain I will post a note congratulating them) - but not anything else. So you can rest easy.

I had some kind of sympathy for you when you were getting slaughtered on another kb thread, but I think you're taking this love in with the Hubs a bit far now .... I'd maybe grudgingly say sort of well done to my close hibby mates... but that's it.... and I would never congratulate them in public .... there's just some things you don't do

Here's a few choice examples:...

Some very atypical responces there.

Two that jumped out at me from my quick glance

Sorry jumbos, we are VERY different, you are in this alone, so wallow.

Simple, quiet, and Dignified. The Hibernian Way.

Wallow? A post commenting on our remembrance of those that gave their life during the Great War and he tells us to "wallow" in our remembrance!?!

Is that "dignified"?

Lower than a snakes belly. Each and every one of them. No exceptions.

Zero tolerance.

To me, THIS is cringeworthy and arse licking of the highest order...

*interloper alert*

Worst? 6-2 by a mile.

Best? 4-4.

*end of interloper alert*

Why even aknowledge their pitifull existance?

Because I post on their messageboard, and don't mind/quite like them, as has been done to death already.

Gimme an H...
Because I post on their messageboard, and don't mind/quite like them, as has been done to death already.

I was answering your question of what was so arse lickeing about what your doing.

My question was rhetorical.

Are you using your message board experiences as a basis for your thesis?

Well if any other posters think my posts on this thread are unjustified I will be happy to retract them, but I can't see it myself.

Not at all! I think it's a marvellously elegant insult, at the very least. :)

Are you using your message board experiences as a basis for your thesis?

That, and Hibs fans I've met. This hardly qualifies as exhaustive research though, and the only way I can know for sure is if and when I move up to Edinburgh.

Shaun, there are some things you really don't need to share on a football message board.

I'm pretty sure that one would be near the top of my list.

:eek:

As I said Chad, there's no need for anyone to comment on or think about it at all. But if someone's going to suggest I've known no difficulties in life as part of a near character assassination, I'm within my rights to respond.

...Other Kickbackers have suggested that some Hibees now sing songs[/b'] about and ridicule McRae's Battalion. I can't believe it's more than a mindless handful, but figured I'd pop over here and ask. Is it true?...

Shaun, as far as i can see, we have commented on the fact that they have mocked and disrespected McRaes Battallion and The Hearts War Memorial. Not claimed that they have sung songs ridiculing McRaes Battallion.

That said, i wouldn't put it past them to indulge in this sort of behaviour.

That, and Hibs fans I've met. This hardly qualifies as exhaustive research though, and the only way I can know for sure is if and when I move up to Edinburgh.

Thought so. You have no care for Hearts.

Thought so. You have no care for Hearts.

Because I don't come from Edinburgh?

for the maggots to make an issue out of hearts fans' concerns for the future location of the memorial, it comes as no surprise to me.

for some of those creatures (no generalisations here), it seems to matter very little that hearts fans might be genuinely concerned about it and fiercely proud of the club heritage. for those types, it seems to me that they see an issue relating to hearts and hearts fans concerns... they immediately see hearts fans attempting to take ownership of the whole mcrae's battallion story, and perceive that hearts fans are in some way elevating themselves above them and other clubs.

in reality, hearts fans know that's not true... but try convincing the acidic little nasties on hobo.net. they don't miss a trick when it comes to discrediting hearts.

oh, and the nastier the better seems to be the order of the day.

Because I don't come from Edinburgh?

You could come from Timbuctu for all I care. You are using your experiences on Message Boards for some half baked thesis you are probably doing on your Social Sciences doctorate or whatever it is you are doing.

No way are you a Jambo. Not with all your brown licking over the road.

MacDonald Jardine
Shaun, as far as i can see, we have commented on the fact that they have mocked and disrespected McRaes Battallion and The Hearts War Memorial. Not claimed that they have sung songs ridiculing McRaes Battallion.

funny they've all picked up on the singing songs but not on anything else.

Shaun,

You are weird.

Now if you go back on Hobo.net and state the full total statistics, taken from London Hearts, for all Edinburgh derbies, you might just gain a wee bit of credibility back. I think they have to beat us for 18 years at 4 games a season before they would equal our wins for!!

funny they've all picked up on the singing songs but not on anything else.

The Leithers are very selective. They seem to have missed your quotes, taken from their very own site.

Paragons of virtue. Or so they'd have you believe.

Can we get back to enjoying the verminous reptiles self induced misery instead of an endless debate about one poster's character, intentions and wisdom!!

What is most striking is they sheer volume of terrible experiences they have to choose from.

2002/2003 was an exceptionally bad season for them when you look back,

5 - 1, 2 - 1 at ER with a last minute winner and 4 - 4.

They should accept they will never get one over on us and deep in their black, bitter, envious, deluded souls they surely know if they did win the SC we would probably do a Cup and League double the season after. Its the way it has been and also will be!

You could come from Timbuctu for all I care. You are using your experiences on Message Boards for some half baked thesis you are probably doing on your Social Sciences doctorate or whatever it is you are doing.

No way are you a Jambo. Not with all your brown licking over the road.

Eh?

When you asked me about my 'thesis', I assumed you meant my perspective on Hibs, that's all! The only thesis I've almost written now is on nineteenth century British history. So I acknowledged that my view on Hibs wasn't based on having been brought up in Edinburgh, going to work with Hibees, or living there recently or now. Others who moved away from the capital years ago have sympathised with what I've said: my view is essentially from a distance.

Quite how this means I "have no care for Hearts", I have no clue.

Apologies Legend - I've posted a clarification over there, together with the quotes MJ mentioned above.

Shaun,

You are weird.

Now if you go back on Hobo.net and state the full total statistics, taken from London Hearts, for all Edinburgh derbies, you might just gain a wee bit of credibility back. I think they have to beat us for 18 years at 4 games a season before they would equal our wins for!!

You're right: I am weird. My friends would tell you that, let alone anyone else! But they know the stats - and seeing as I'm not on there to wind them up, there's no need for me to mention them. Still hope we wallop them at the weekend though!

Eh?

When you asked me about my 'thesis', I assumed you meant my perspective on Hibs, that's all! The only thesis I've almost written now is on nineteenth century British history. So I acknowledged that my view on Hibs wasn't based on having been brought up in Edinburgh, going to work with Hibees, or living there recently or now. Others who moved away from the capital years ago have sympathised with what I've said: my view is essentially from a distance.

So you admit you're writing a thesis on Hibs last cup victory? :P

Eh?

I've said enough and would probably get banned if I wrote what I really think of you.

No Hearts supporter I know would ever brown nose the way you have over the road. I will leave it at that.

Apologies Legend - I've posted a clarification over there, together with the quotes MJ mentioned above.

Shaun, expect to see plenty backpedaling.gif over there regarding the quotes provided.

MacDonald Jardine
Shaun, expect to see plenty backpedaling.gif over there regarding the quotes provided.

You reckon?

This is the first response:

"Quote:

Originally Posted by 1

"It is continually peddled as a hearts memorial with the usual patronising comments at the end of every statement, eg "It is relevant to Hibs, Falkirk etc. etc......"

Which is true. Nobody's mocking the memorial, just wondering why it's always seen as a Hearts-only sacrifice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2

As you say Doddie, they can stick it where they like Kaunas would be a particularly appropriate site "

Ok, I don't agree with this one, fair play.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3

"I'm fed up with those Yam-ridden posts about the War Memorial at Haymarket that seem to crop up every six months. There appears to be subtext of glorification (you are dockside/paddy/peg selling **** who are not active patrotic members of the Edinburgh business community) or a slimy co-opting nonsense of making us partners in endorsing the biggest state-sponsonered genocide of working-class people for the profit of the rich ever in history.

Get over it Yams, and please, Hibs net admins, stop indulging them by posting those tedious 'one-upman' threads amd playing into their pathetic hands."

Kinda almost see a point, wouldn't agree, and would put it that way though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4

"This will be offensive to many, but I don't see any essential difference between the obsessive insistence on an exact or particular spot for a memorial and the obsessions that other groups or sects have for and with their pasts. "

This, I agree with. From what I think the poster is saying essentially is "Does it matter where it goes, as long as the memorial exists". This is my take.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5

"Aye, yer right. The moving of a H**rts memorial clock from Haymarket will stop everyone remembering WW1."

Again, the point I agree with - but not how it was phrased. Once again, someone is simply saying "does it matter if it's at Haymarket or not?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6

" Want sign nothing with Hearts in the title."

Ok, childish. Won't dignify this one with a response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7

"if it is an issue where football issues should be put the side why is it that the memory of macraes battallion has been hijacked by a certain element as a purely hearts matter in an attempt at cheap point scoring. to me that is equally as crass and distasteful as some of the comments you refer to on here."

Again, someone wondering why it's always seen as a Hearts-only sacrifice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8

"it is perhaps (probably) just me, but why is it that evrything to do with Hearts manages to sound all condescending and arrogant? I mean, do we need Jack Alexander (who i am assuming is a hearts fan?) to come on here and tell us how we feel towards a club, with whom our entire history can be characterised as one of antipathy, to tell us that we are really all friends?

I mean, it is just the twice as fas as i am aware that they have tried to put us out of business..

This is not an attack on Jack by the way, i dont know him from Adam, he is probably just getting caught up with my particular disgust for the new breed of Hearts fan, the one that has morphed from the grotesque arrogance of the early Romanov era to one of sickening and phoney Edinburgh comradeship, you know the type, 'we are not so different', 'we have always been friends deep down' etc etc etc as if we are somehow standing shoulder to shoulder with them in their demise...

Sorry jumbos, we are VERY different, you are in this alone, so wallow."

I have no idea of the context in which this was posted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9

"No need to worry, I'm sure the reactionary and confused rants of this blithering fool will find a far more receptive audience over on Sickbag."

Again, what context? This could be nothing to do with the memorial as far as I can tell? i have no idea what this user was responding to.

So, anyway, that's my personal take. Maybe nobody here agrees with me. In most of these examples, they may not be eloquent but most are valid points. Others have just been lifted out of context and could mean anything."

Kind of ignores the fact they were all lifted from the same thread so the context is clear.

You reckon?

This is the first response:..

... Kind of ignores the fact they were all lifted from the same thread so the context is clear.

Exactly.

The People's Chimp

Come on now. Don't take this into the realms of the ridiculous. You don't know anything about shaun's life.

I wouldn't be doing what he is; and think, basically:

FTH

However, I think it's well time to put this whole thing to bed.

You're right: I am weird. My friends would tell you that, let alone anyone else! But they know the stats - and seeing as I'm not on there to wind them up, there's no need for me to mention them. Still hope we wallop them at the weekend though./QUOTE]

That would be enough to get any Jambo banned over there.

Unless they just want to keep them to play with.

;)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Another top post:

The 4 0 semi doesn't bother me as it was over before it began. They were celebrating before the game started and our heads were down. It was a surreal experience more than anything else. If i was a jambo i would have been a bit gutted that my team could only beat us (a reserve hibs team) 4 0 and not do more damage! If it was something like 7 0 then yes that would have been devastating 4 0 is nothing

Absolutely priceless.

I would be ashamed if that sh*te came out of my mouth/fingertips.

Archived