How very kind of them. A great Jambo hibs.net read! Worst derby memories

Craigieboy

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

This post is belter:

Oddly enough, don't really think too much about the SC semi - we were garbage and it was one of the few derbies where we've been well beaten.

I don't regard that game as a particularly bad derby memory either. With the team we had to put out (No O'Connor, Riordan, Killen or Brown) we were always going to get beat.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The guy that started that thread has to be a YAM FUD surely!

EDIT: Found another belter!

Exactly. That result should actually have read Hearts 4 Hibernian XI 0. Inf fact, even though we had to field a shadow side we'd still only have lost a couple of goals if it hadn't been for that tosser Malkowski.

This post is belter:

Oddly enough, don't really think too much about the SC semi - we were garbage and it was one of the few derbies where we've been well beaten.

I don't regard that game as a particularly bad derby memory either. With the team we had to put out (No O'Connor, Riordan, Killen or Brown) we were always going to get beat.

Exactly. That result should actually have read Hearts 4 Hibernian XI 0. Inf fact, even though we had to field a shadow side we'd still only have lost a couple of goals if it hadn't been for that tosser Malkowski.

I always love Hibs fans who say they played the semi with no O'Connor, a player they didn't even own at the time!

The worst post is our very own Shaun Lawson reassuring them that they WILL win the Scottish Cup one day.

Pull your tongue out of their virtual bumholes man! :mad:

winston churchill
This post is belter:

was that the same season that .............sir tony flair of lochend .............was done doggy by four goals three times in the same season........ by three different yam managers.

The worst post is our very own Shaun Lawson reassuring them that they WILL win the Scottish Cup one day.

But they will. And they might well have considered such a comment patronising anyway.

The plum who wrote this,

The build up, the first half, half time, the second half of the semi final. It is just so frustrating to see your team robbed in the way we were.

Would someone like to explain to me how they got robbed!!! From what i remember they got humped big time!!

My first ever derby.

New year 1997

Easter Road, Heartz won 4-0. I'll never forget the site and sound of celebrating Yams that day.

:welldone:

The worst post is our vey own Shaun Lawson reassuring them that they WILL win the Scottish Cup one day.

Tbh I was just about accepting his posts as he was backing himself like a man, however his continuing desire to sook up their asses on a derby week says it all...

As for good derby memories, after the Janczyk game coming across the bridge and some hobo chav has "oirish" tunes playing out of his top floor flat giving it all the smart ass comments, queue several bottles being thrown - not that I condone that :P - and him rushing down the stairs and out the door to confront people taking his belt off to use as a weapon, for half a dozen jambos to react and him run away back in doors almost crying priceless.

The game where Miller sneaked up behind simon brown and robbed the ball in his own 6 yarder despite the whole ground shouting at him was rather good

Watching their victory parade being ruined probably has to be high up there though

But they will. And they might well have considered such a comment patronising anyway.

wrong

They might win the "homecoming" cup one day

Shaun, the ****bos havent won in 107 years, tbh even they probably dont expect to win it in their lifetimes

This post is belter:

I couldn't believe that either, it was the biggest derby of all time and they are dismissing it as another game.

Fortunately one poster has reminded them that it basically was the Scottish Cup Final they had lost that day.

A lovely thread to read though, put a smile on my face.

Indeed. A great thread only partially spoiled by this pathetic brown nosing.

Why WILL they?!

It's been over a century!

100 years.

Why? Because you like them and hope they do it?

No - because the odds say that they have to at some point.

Brown nose.U shouldnt even be over there.For Hibs supporters like this is for Jambos.Now its a good laugh if you nip across and wind them up once in a while but its sad as feck u licking there rings.get a grip

Do they?!

The odds say Annan Athletic have to win it at some point but we all know they won't.

I couldn't believe that either, it was the biggest derby of all time and they are dismissing it as another game.

Fortunately one poster has reminded them that it basically was the Scottish Cup Final they had lost that day.

A lovely thread to read though, put a smile on my face.

The Hobos are notoriously bad losers unfortunately. Rarely will you catch a Hobo admitting the better team won.

John Collins 'pub team' jibe springs to mind. :)

The odds would also say that 1 of scottish biggest clubs wouldnt go 107 years without winning it

I was quite enjoying that thread until our resident jakie lover started the bum licking.

The above quote is cringeworthy.

Do they?!

The odds say Annan Athletic have to win it at some point but we all know they won't.

Annan Athletic aren't one of Scotland's big five - and have odds, presumably, of around 10,000/1. Indeed, at this point, odds basically become infinite anyway. The same isn't true of Hibs.

As an aside: a lot of them seem to have given up all hope of ever winning it anyway. I think they're wrong, though.

1-2 (End of season match - McLeish had a reserve team out - it was our only loss in 5 years.)

Delusion of the highest order.

There is no freaking way we've went 5 years EVER without beating those clowns.

The odds would also say that 1 of scottish biggest clubs wouldnt go 107 years without winning it

Indeed. But all good things must come to an end at some point.

Shaun I actually think if they won it you would attend their victory parade

Please tell me I am wrong

You're wrong. I'd probably post a note congratulating them on hibs.net, and that would be all.

The People's Chimp

The hobos now have such a mental block when it comes to the SC that they'll keep on fecking it up, that's for sure.

It's gone beyond a mere question of "odds" and has become a psychological issue. That's why they'll not do it. They're broken.

Annan Athletic aren't one of Scotland's big five - and have odds, presumably, of around 10,000/1. Indeed, at this point, odds basically become infinite anyway. The same isn't true of Hibs.

As an aside: a lot of them seem to have given up all hope of ever winning it anyway. I think they're wrong, though.

Yes, all my Hobo friends have given up hope as well. My Hearts friends also know they won't win it.

I was quite enjoying that thread until our resident jakie lover started the bum licking.

The above quote is cringeworthy.

Cringeworthy to you, maybe: but not to me. For the avoidance of doubt: I do not want Hibs to win the Scottish Cup! I do think they have to win it at some point, though.

Probably :mad:

'Probably' meaning the bit about hibs.net (as in it's not certain I will post a note congratulating them) - but not anything else. So you can rest easy.

they are without a shadow of doubt the biggest, most brazen bunch of re-writers of history you could ever find. the game could have been played last week and you would still see some of them describing a completely different game to reality.

a tsunami of delusion.

Indeed. But all good things must come to an end at some point.

Shaun i know you enjoy the banter with the hobos but i think its time to give it a miss.It just doesnt make good reading.

Chad Sexington
Cringeworthy to you, maybe: but not to me. For the avoidance of doubt: I do not want Hibs to win the Scottish Cup! I do think they have to win it at some point, though.

Shaun, you've gone beyond the point of reasonable opposition fan and are most certainly starting to come across as a brown noser. It's unpleasant to witness TBH.

Do yourself a favour and stay off vermin.net for a bit. :sad:

I always love Hibs fans who say they played the semi with no O'Connor, a player they didn't even own at the time!

Was about to make that point.

Even Mowbray used that excuse; about as valid as saying 6-2 wouldn't have happened if we still had Dave Mackay.

They are truly pathetic.

Brown nose.U shouldnt even be over there.For Hibs supporters like this is for Jambos.Now its a good laugh if you nip across and wind them up once in a while but its sad as feck u licking there rings.get a grip

If you ask me, people registering just to post windups are pretty sad cases themselves! Indeed, we probably all are, given we spend so much time on an internet messageboard.

To me, licking their rings would involve me making ridiculous posts such as:

"I love Hibs! GGTTH!"

"You'll beat us on Sunday. We're ****e!"

"Hearts fans are numpties - I think you've got a much better support, to be honest".

"I hope we do go into administration. The death of the club will be all our fault anyway".

That would be disgraceful. But staying polite and reasonable, and (because I'm nothing if not rational), asserting they have to win it at some point? Nope.

Shaun i know you enjoy the banter with the hobos but i think its time to give it a miss.It just doesnt make good reading.

Each to their own. People know I post on hibs.net; and it isn't going to change.

Each to their own. People know I post on hibs.net; and it isn't going to change.

You should change your manner or you will soon become an outcast on here.

Whether that is right or wrong is for another day.

You will win it someday. Nonsense.

Dr Ian Malcolm
Tbh I was just about accepting his posts as he was backing himself like a man, however his continuing desire to sook up their asses on a derby week says it all...

As for good derby memories, after the Janczyk game coming across the bridge and some hobo chav has "oirish" tunes playing out of his top floor flat giving it all the smart ass comments, queue several bottles being thrown - not that I condone that :P - and him rushing down the stairs and out the door to confront people taking his belt off to use as a weapon, for half a dozen jambos to react and him run away back in doors almost crying priceless.

The game where Miller sneaked up behind simon brown and robbed the ball in his own 6 yarder despite the whole ground shouting at him was rather good

Watching their victory parade being ruined probably has to be high up there though

Was a good game that one - although I'm still not sure why we didn't get a pen for that. Millern had just made a fool of him (not for the first time) and Brown, reacting ridiculously slowly, proceeds to haul him down as he's about to roll it home, would have out us 1-2 up. Ref waves play on - wtf?

Shaun, you've gone beyond the point of reasonable opposition fan and are most certainly starting to come across as a brown noser. It's unpleasant to witness TBH.

Do yourself a favour and stay off vermin.net for a bit. :sad:

Someone else once gave me that advice some years ago. I heeded it, then regretted it - and now consider him to be wrong. As I see it, my posts on there are no different to those of a reasonable journalist or academic interested in football. And because an academic working in football is likely to be something I become, there'll be other fora I use - and I'll be polite, not on the windup, and will probably be accused of brown nosing on here too.

You should change your manner or you will soon become an outcast on here.

Whether that is right or wrong is for another day.

You will win it someday. Nonsense.

That may happen I suppose; it's happened to others, after all. I don't think I'm willing to stop being myself, though. What everyone else makes of it is up to them.

Archived