Craigieboy

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You reckon?

This is the first response:

"Quote:

" Want sign nothing with Hearts in the title."

Ok, childish. Won't dignify this one with a response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7

"if it is an issue where football issues should be put the side why is it that the memory of macraes battallion has been hijacked by a certain element as a purely hearts matter in an attempt at cheap point scoring. to me that is equally as crass and distasteful as some of the comments you refer to on here."

What is stopping supporters of any other club involved in McCraes battalion 'taking up the baton'. ? Simple answer is , nothing.

No one else (apart from Jack) has really bothered but as a consequence , it's all tainted because it's all about Hearts ? Pathetic.

No. Let's have a rivalry which doesn't descend into nastiness, with local shops and pubs getting trashed. Think that's a good thing, do you?

Not a bad point.

Can you tell me the pubs and shops in Easter Road that have been trashed following a derby?

I can tell you several pubs around the Gorgie "area" that have been.

The lovable, cuddly ones weren't there though.

It was just coincidence.

... fora ....

Is that the collective term? :rofl:

I didn't post on the other thread, partially as I felt that Shaun was doing okay and partially as I couldn't be bothered tbh. Having read this thread, I wanted to add a little something.

I would suggest that I am one of the few on here that has actually met Shaun, he is a nice guy that genuinely cares about the club. He doesn't see the rivalry the same way as we do as he is not from the city, that is entirely understandable and not enough to preclude him being a Hearts fan.

Can I ask (nicely :)) that we remember that Shaun IS a Hearts fan when you slag him for posting there.

A point that Shaun has made previously about Edinburgh men that went to Home games, Hearts one week, Hibs the other, that was accepted, yet a Hearts fan commenting on a Hibs board isn't?

As for the topic of the thread, I find these threads hard to comment on so close to the game. I often worry about tempting fate, as losing a derby hurts more than any other game. I feel like this most derbies, it has little to do with how we are doing at the time, this is a game that I simply HATE losing and if offered before the game, I would take a guaranteed draw any day.

As for this particular derby, we are off form and they have resigned their best striker for decades, I shall come back and comment on this thread after the game, either to gloat or to remind them of their place. ;)

After saying I would leave it, I HAD to look.

Quite astonishing that Henry Smith is called "drop the ball" given the huge amount of dross that they have had in their goals.

Matty, Matty, Matty!

Prince Buaben
1-5 (allowed comparisons with 6-2 exhibition)

1-2 (Williamson's first derby - ended 6 game unbeaten run)

1-2 (Stamp's winner - terrible collapse in game we dominated)

4-4

0-1 (after CIS - lost our long unbeaten home record to a nothing team)

1-1 (Boxing day derby - Lovell scored for us - regret it because we needed the points for CL place and missed loads of chances just after half-time when leading 1-0 and then McSwegan scored)

0-0 (Mixu's penalty - we were so much better than them that season and only had 6-2 to show for it. It would have been nice to get a last-minute penalty winner against them too. Also the most one-sided match I have ever seen)

2-2 ('Fat striker scores' - we'd made a great comeback to lead 2-1, going for our 4th derby win from 5 right after 22 in a row, they were down to 10 men)

1-2 (End of season match - McLeish had a reserve team out - it was our only loss in 5 years.)

1-2 (Foster - they had two shots on goal in the whole game - Crunchie had a shot that hit both posts))

2-3 (Whittaker's shot that hit both posts - only happens to us! Shiels equalises and can't run off and celebrate and leave Hearts to stew on losing 2 goal lead, instead gets himself sent off. Gordon made a meal of it but Shiels shouldn't have been there)

2-2 (2-0 up and cruising. Cheers Zibi)

Cracking :107years::107years:

Half the fun in the derby is hating them otherwise it would be like any other game. St Mirren away dosnt have the same ring to it as Hibs away. Shaun you seem like a nice guy but i dont think football is your thing try rugby you could have a good laugh with the opposition fans there.

Half the fun in the derby is hating them otherwise it would be like any other game. St Mirren away dosnt have the same ring to it as Hibs away. Shaun you seem like a nice guy but i dont think football is your thing try rugby you could have a good laugh with the opposition fans there.

Club rugby bores the crap out of me. International and club football are my thing, however weird I know I am.

Guest juvehearts

Quality 3 pages ripping shawn when the topic was about a post on .net about their bad experiances.

i cant read .net as being from britian i was taught how to speak & write in english.

for whats it's worth to you shaun,

im glad youre a hearts fan, maybe not brought up as one but one none the less.

when you do eventually move up here, go to every game & see what it really means to be a jambo. Then you will finally understand what it means to bleed maroon & white.

Us Edinburgh jambos all know what hibs are and most have had 'experiances' with them & ALL will tell you in some way or another they are bad.

ill give you an example of one of my worst experiance of seeing fans in action.

i used to live in niddrie with my family & my uncle john (rip) used to come & get me from the house when i was a wee bairn & take me to the games.

this day we were playing hibs at tynecastle, would have been around 12pm on a saturday afternoon standing on Niddrie mains road waiting on the #2 to get into tynecastle & their was only my uncle & I with a few people standing at the bus stop when across the road looking towards bingham their was this woman pushing a pram & she had her kid with him who had a hearts scarf on & approaching her were a gang of around 7 hibs fans with their casual gear on swigging from bottles all stood around her & started punching & kicking her & her wee boy (ages with me at the time 6yrs)old) she was screaming telling them to leave her alone the boy is only a bairn.

everyone at the bus stop & other started chasing them away and they were singing hibs/celtic pro ira songs joking & pavement dancing.

another time hearts were playing morton on a wed noght at home, hibs were playing at home that day too & we were on the bus from niddrie again going to the game & thir were 4 or so s c u m on the bus slagging off an old man with his grand daughter telling the old man what they were going to do with her if they got their hands on her.

YOU shaun havent experianced this & dont share the same views on hibs that most hearts fans do about the vermin.

in not generalising but all the hibs fans i know are either deluded or wouldnt think twice of stabbing you in the back to tell their mates they got one over on one of us.

my experiance is that hibs fans are deluded & s c u m, each & every one is to be hated on derby week & even more so on derby day's.

my partner's side are a mix of hibs & rangers ( 3 gers & 8 hibs, the 8 all St holders) they're the deluded ones lol.

This posts the winner from the junkies.net thread:

"The 4-0 semi defeat for me.

Everything about that day wasn't right - the fact it was on a Sunday so early so you couldn't get a pint before it, the couple of thousand empty seats in the Hibs end. Brown and Killen injuries with Deek suspended, Hartley bagging a hat trick with Zibi up to his usual and then all the ****bos singing all the Hibees are gay - Felt totally humiliated that day."

GIRFUY

"The 4-0 semi defeat for me.

Everything about that day wasn't right - the fact it was on a Sunday so early so you couldn't get a pint before it, the couple of thousand empty seats in the Hibs end. Brown and Killen injuries with Deek suspended, Hartley bagging a hat trick with Zibi up to his usual and then all the ****bos singing all the Hibees are gay - Felt totally humiliated that day."

GIRFUY

Yip. That one made me smile.

Perfectly sums up the day for all followers of the flair team.

Great stuff.

scottish_chicP

i suppose it's best to remember that for every 7-0 there's an awful defeat

This line got me... how many times have they beat us 7-0 exactly!?

winston churchill
Because I post on their messageboard, and don't mind/quite like them, as has been done to death already.

big fella

could you explain the cut & paste below from hoofball.net

Thanks for this, Kato. I am aware of the history - and the minority of Rangers sympathisers within our support make me especially uncomfortable because of the fascist undertones to some of their behaviour. There was also a notorious Hearts/Rangers game at Tynie four years ago played out in a poisonous atmosphere with, I believe, the NF trying to recruit outside the ground.

big fella

could you explain the cut & paste below from hoofball.net

Thanks for this, Kato. I am aware of the history - and the minority of Rangers sympathisers within our support make me especially uncomfortable because of the fascist undertones to some of their behaviour. There was also a notorious Hearts/Rangers game at Tynie four years ago played out in a poisonous atmosphere with, I believe, the NF trying to recruit outside the ground.

The BNP and NF did try to recruit outside the ground that day, didn't they? I'm happy to be corrected on this, and wasn't at the game, but recall a huge fuss beforehand.

Sexton Hardcastle

There was also a notorious Hearts/Rangers game at Tynie four years ago played out in a poisonous atmosphere.

But you werent there?

There was also a notorious Hearts/Rangers game at Tynie four years ago played out in a poisonous atmosphere.

But you werent there?

All accounts of the game say it was poisonous.

winston churchill
The BNP and NF did try to recruit outside the ground that day, didn't they? I'm happy to be corrected on this, and wasn't at the game, but recall a huge fuss beforehand.

did they

i must have missed them on my way in.

so again your posting about something you no nothing about.

winston churchill
All accounts of the game say it was poisonous.

i am all ears.

i thought that rangers are ment too be our big cousins and all that.

now if it was ra sellic;)

Here's a few choice examples:

"I mean, it is just the twice as fas as i am aware that they have tried to put us out of business.."

This one sticks out! They only got into the fledgling Scottish League after we fought hard to get the ruling body to allow their sectarian club in.

And it was Celtic that nearly put them out of business the first time, and US who came to their rescue by giving them players etc.

Even the Great Mercer saved them in a fashion as only his take-over bid opened their gullible eyes to the state of their club as they came so close to hitting the wall (much closer than we have, btw).

I reckon they know, deep down, their very existence is down to our club's benevolence and it's a permanent scar on their collective psyches. Add that to the repeated derby humpings and it's no wonder they are more bitter than a lemonade factory.

did they

i must have missed them on my way in.

so again your posting about something you no nothing about.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2004/sep/13/match.hearts

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Police-arrest-Hearts-fans-at.2563776.jp

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article481719.ece

Now granted, the poison had a lot to do with what Chris Robinson was about to do the following evening - but the point stands. The game was played in a poisonous atmosphere, and the BNP attempted to recruit outside the ground.

Is this a game of 'let's pretend'? "You weren't there, so you don't know what happened - ergo, it didn't happen"? Well?

Era Macaroons

Fantastic read!! well spotted

what a scream with posts like this from 'dirtydirk'

The 4-0 semi defeat for me.

Everything about that day wasn't right - the fact it was on a Sunday so early so you couldn't get a pint before it, the couple of thousand empty seats in the Hibs end. Brown and Killen injuries with Deek suspended, Hartley bagging a hat trick with Zibi up to his usual and then all the ****bos singing all the Hibees are gay - Felt totally humiliated that day.

and shaun lawson...have a word wi yersell.

MacDonald Jardine
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2004/sep/13/match.hearts

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Police-arrest-Hearts-fans-at.2563776.jp

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article481719.ece

Now granted, the poison had a lot to do with what Chris Robinson was about to do the following evening - but the point stands. The game was played in a poisonous atmosphere, and the BNP attempted to recruit outside the ground.

Is this a game of 'let's pretend'? "You weren't there, so you don't know what happened - ergo, it didn't happen"? Well?

Hang on.

Your post on hibs.net clearly links a history of loyalism/ fascism (the latter of which I don't accept BTW) with NF leafletting outside the ground and a poisonous atmosphere.

In fact the "poison" was protests against Robinson?

What does that have to do with the NF/ BNP or any political or religious viewpoint?

Again you're pandering to their sterotypes of the Hearts support while going out your way to let them defend the comments about the memorial.

Hang on.

Your post on hibs.net clearly links a history of loyalism/ fascism (the latter of which I don't accept BTW) with NF leafletting outside the ground and a poisonous atmosphere.

In fact the "poison" was protests against Robinson?

What does that have to do with the NF/ BNP or any political or religious viewpoint?

Again you're pandering to their sterotypes of the Hearts support while going out your way to let them defend the comments about the memorial.

You can't think it was just a coincidence that the BNP chose Tynecastle and that game to leaflet outside, can you? A small minority of our support are neanderthalic idiots; a larger minority of Rangers' support is. From what I've read (on KB at the time as well as in the press), the poison appears to have been part fury at what Robinson was doing, and part related to Rangers' protests and what the BNP were doing too.

And as for "going out of my way to let them defend the comments about the memorial"... this is what I wrote on there earlier:

What surprises me, Bob, is you made this post in response to eminently reasonable ones from The Whip and Jack Alexander. I cannot detect what you suggest above at all.

Every single soldier who died during the Great War had their own, personal story: it was an unmitigated tragedy, a catastrophe. As Jack said, the memorial at Haymarket is specifically named after Hearts: not because of some weird, inappropriate sense of oneupmanship, but purely because the entire Hearts first team signed up, at a time when we seemed certain to win the league title. And Haymarket is, of course, traditional Hearts territory. But it has come to represent so much more: it is the de facto McCrae's memorial, even if it's named after a football club.

I'm opposed to the memorial being moved because I think such a move is needless and inappropriate. If any Hibs fans, or fans of other clubs, feel there is some sort of points scoring being attempted, that's awful, and it makes me sad. This is about all who died - hardly just the Hearts players and supporters. I also don't understand why those who deprecate the motivations of that war and especially the conduct of the generals during it (I've read the revisionist accounts of it which have emerged in recent years, and disagree utterly) can't separate their perfectly legitimate position from a simple commemoration of the fallen.

In 1914, there were no 24 hour news networks, and little access to information. The troops were told their country was in danger, so they signed up. They were the victims in all of this. Those in charge were, in my personal opinion, cowards, murderers and *******s: they really were lions led by donkeys, as Alan Clark famously wrote. Even after the war, the appalling upstairs/downstairs culture of Britain remained, and it took another global conflict to finally change this. The treatment of the troops was disgraceful, a smear on this country's name - but that makes it more important that their sacrifice is remembered. Not less.

What on earth was wrong with that? Or do I need to call them all Hobo *******s and get personal with them for anyone on here to deem it acceptable?

Ive just read all the posts on this subject on Hibs.net and you really are a lick arse like:

"I can, however, although I disagree with it utterly, at least understand why the Mercer song is sung."

So you understand why they sing and take pleasure in a person dying do you? I think you should stay over there best place for you imo

Ive just read all the posts on this subject on Hibs.net and you really are a lick arse like:

"I can, however, although I disagree with it utterly, at least understand why the Mercer song is sung."

So you understand why they sing and take pleasure in a person dying do you? I think you should stay over there best place for you imo

Yes, I can understand it. Understanding why something happens is not the same as agreeing with it!

If Tom Farmer tried to takeover Hearts and merge us with Hibs, how would you feel about it? And would you respect his death? I think the Mercer song's appalling - but acting as though we have no idea why they sing it in the first place is just ridiculous.

Yes, I can understand it. Understanding why something happens is not the same as agreeing with it!

If Tom Farmer tried to takeover Hearts and merge us with Hibs, how would you feel about it? And would you respect his death? I think the Mercer song's appalling - but acting as though we have no idea why they sing it in the first place is just ridiculous.

Funny how in the next line you have a go at the Hearts support for booing the pope, no word of understanding from you there.

But you don't agree with them singing the song about Wallace Mercer so that's alright then :rolleyes:

Funny how in the next line you have a go at the Hearts support for booing the pope, no word of understanding from you there.

But you don't agree with them singing the song about Wallace Mercer so that's alright then :rolleyes:

I thought the booing of the Pope was stupid and wrong. Again though, I can understand why it happened.

I thought the booing of the Pope was stupid and wrong. Again though, I can understand why it happened.

You failed to include that in your post, not another example of you pandering to them is it?

You failed to include that in your post, not another example of you pandering to them is it?

The reason I didn't is because I wanted to talk about McCrae's Batallion, rather than just get sidetracked with the usual "it's wrong!", "no it isnae!" nonsense.

The reason I didn't is because I wanted to talk about McCrae's Batallion, rather than just get sidetracked with the usual "it's wrong!", "no it isnae!" nonsense.

So why include the line showing your "understanding" of why they sing the song about Wallace Mercer if you wanted to talk about McCrae's battallion?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
You can't think it was just a coincidence that the BNP chose Tynecastle and that game to leaflet outside, can you?

The articles you linked to seemed to suggest the BNP were there to protest CPR's banning of the UF, not as part of any recruitment drive.

I was at that game and can't remember having any contact with them at all, I do remember protests against CPR however.

kennygarland1

Shaun why are you arguing with him,neanderthal man hath no sense of right or wrong.

So why include the line showing your "understanding" of why they sing the song about Wallace Mercer if you wanted to talk about McCrae's battallion?

Because I was responding to The_Todd's "it seems like we've lost the pleasure of Shaun's company" post. This post mentioned what happened at the '05 semi-final, so I told him, deliberately succintly, what I thought. It also mentioned the Mercer song, so I told him what I thought of that too.

And yes, I added a caveat in Mercer's case. Why? It's called 'knowing your audience'. If I'd just said it was a disgrace, or stated that I understood what motivated the booing of the minute's silence, things would have become distracted from what I really wanted to focus on. Some people call this 'pandering' - I call it being diplomatic. It's what politicians and businessmen do the world over - indeed, many of those reading this will have employed similar skills themselves.

Want to discuss an obviously sensitive issue? Add a 'cushion' first. If you just jump in like a bull in a china shop, you won't get anywhere, and the whole thing descends very quickly. If you're diplomatic and sensitive, you're much more likely to get a proper debate - which funnily enough, is what resulted. Clearly, accusations of my 'brown nosing' are just going to go on and on - but it's absolutely ridiculous to think I could say the exact same thing and behave in the exact same way as a Hearts fan on a Hibs forum compared with being a Hearts fan on a Hearts forum. Hibees who use JKB would, I'm sure, say the exact same thing.

I'm a guest there: I always need to be diplomatic, polite and respectful. Most of the things people are criticising me for now are entirely consistent with the comment of mine which sparked this whole thing off last Friday. Continuing to zero in on the fine intricacies of everything I say on there seems pretty odd to me - and more importantly, a waste of my and this forum's time.

Shaun why are you arguing with him,neanderthal man hath no sense of right or wrong.

I never stated whether it was right or wrong to boo the pope, just pulling up Mr Lawson on his glaring double standards.

Is that ok sweetcheeks?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

:eek:

So far we have:

• I like Hibs, they are warm and cuddly.

• They WILL win the Scottish Cup ... it's only a matter of time.

• I can understand why you celebrated the death of Wallace Mercer.

Oh dear. :sad:

What's it going to be tomorrow?

Riordans actually just a misunderstood guy ... What the hell, I'm going to invite him up to Oxford for some tea and crumpets!

judetheobscure

Why then?

Because I was responding to The_Todd's "it seems like we've lost the pleasure of Shaun's company" post. This post mentioned what happened at the '05 semi-final, so I told him, deliberately succintly, what I thought. It also mentioned the Mercer song, so I told him what I thought of that too.

And yes, I added a caveat in Mercer's case. Why? It's called 'knowing your audience'. If I'd just said it was a disgrace, or stated that I understood what motivated the booing of the minute's silence, things would have become distracted from what I really wanted to focus on. Some people call this 'pandering' - I call it being diplomatic. It's what politicians and businessmen do the world over - indeed, many of those reading this will have employed similar skills themselves.

Want to discuss an obviously sensitive issue? Add a 'cushion' first. If you just jump in like a bull in a china shop, you won't get anywhere, and the whole thing descends very quickly. If you're diplomatic and sensitive, you're much more likely to get a proper debate - which funnily enough, is what resulted. Clearly, accusations of my 'brown nosing' are just going to go on and on - but it's absolutely ridiculous to think I could say the exact same thing and behave in the exact same way as a Hearts fan on a Hibs forum compared with being a Hearts fan on a Hearts forum. Hibees who use JKB would, I'm sure, say the exact same thing.

I'm a guest there: I always need to be diplomatic, polite and respectful. Most of the things people are criticising me for now are entirely consistent with the comment of mine which sparked this whole thing off last Friday. Continuing to zero in on the fine intricacies of everything I say on there seems pretty odd to me - and more importantly, a waste of my and this forum's time.

You can dress it up how you like, call it "knowing your audience", but you are quite right when you said you acted like a politician. You showed a distinct lack of backbone, you tell people what they want to hear to gain acceptance, and showed a decidely two faced character trait.

All the hallmarks of a great politician, well done.

So far we have:

Riordans actually just a misunderstood guy ... What the hell, I'm going to invite him up to Oxford for some tea and crumpets!

Please, please tell me he didn't say that?

So far we have:

It really is beyond belief how a Hearts fan could come out with those statements!!

It's called "knowing your audience" apparently.

So far we have:

No - I can understand, while utterly deploring it, why the Mercer song is sung, that's all. On this forum, vast numbers of posters state that they wish Mercer had succeeded, and destroyed Hibs. Expecting any set of fans anywhere to just stand in respectful silence when someone who tried to close their club down passes away is pure Utopia; and if the roles were, God forbid, ever reversed, I don't think we'd behave any differently.

Indeed he did, then followed it up by having a go at the Hearts support for booing the pope. Please note he didn't state his understanding for that tho.

No - I can understand, while utterly deploring it, why the Mercer song is sung, that's all. On this forum, vast numbers of posters state that they wish Mercer had succeeded, and destroyed Hibs. Expecting any set of fans anywhere to just stand in respectful silence when someone who tried to close their club down passes away is pure Utopia; and if the roles were, God forbid, ever reversed, I don't think we'd behave any differently.

You can understand why human beings celebrate the death of another human being?

My exact quote was:

"Personally, I deplore the Mercer song, and could never sing ill about the dead, no matter what example. I also deplore it when opposing fans sing about Hillsborough, or Ibrox, or Munich, or Jews being gassed. It makes me sick. I can, however, although I disagree with it utterly, at least understand why the Mercer song is sung."

And, to repeat, understanding something is not the same as condoning it, let alone agreeing with it. Do you honestly think we'd stand in respectful silence if someone who tried to close our club down passed away?

Well what can you say to that away and lick arse over on Hibs.net. You try and make out your a man of principles etc but in truth you say whatever you think people want to hear. Are you also registered on Celtic and Rangers forums saying how much you like them and why cant they all be friends.

You can understand why human beings celebrate the death of another human being?

Celebrate, no. Refuse to respect his passing, yes. Plenty of people across the country will probably celebrate, or at least refuse to respect her passing, when Margaret Thatcher dies. I won't agree with either action - but can understand why it'll happen. It's called context.

My exact quote was:

"Personally, I deplore the Mercer song, and could never sing ill about the dead, no matter what example. I also deplore it when opposing fans sing about Hillsborough, or Ibrox, or Munich, or Jews being gassed. It makes me sick. I can, however, although I disagree with it utterly, at least understand why the Mercer song is sung."

And, to repeat, understanding something is not the same as condoning it, let alone agreeing with it. Do you honestly think we'd stand in respectful silence if someone who tried to close our club down passed away?

I can't speak for everyone but I personally would. Football is insignificant when it comes to the death of someone ... especially the way he died.

The difference is they are PROUD of the fact they disgraced themselves. What does that tell you about these lowlifes?

For an academic some of your views are just idiotic.

You can dress it up how you like, call it "knowing your audience", but you are quite right when you said you acted like a politician. You showed a distinct lack of backbone, you tell people what they want to hear to gain acceptance, and showed a decidely two faced character trait.

All the hallmarks of a great politician, well done.

Do you have a boss at work? Did you apply for your job in the first place? What do you do? Come straight out with something - or show a "distinct lack of backbone" and be diplomatic?

Spare me the sanctimony, please. There are so many hypocrites on here that we'll all fall victim to a great clattering from the sky at any moment.

Celebrate, no. Refuse to respect his passing, yes. Plenty of people across the country will probably celebrate, or at least refuse to respect her passing, when Margaret Thatcher dies. I won't agree with either action - but can understand why it'll happen. It's called context.

So you are comparing Thatcher to Wallace Mercer?

A man who wanted to buy a football club?

Archived