Hullo Hullo on Sunday

Guest S.U.S.S.

Will you sing Hullo Hullo (Hibees Version)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will you sing Hullo Hullo (Hibees Version)

• Yes
    • No

Guest S.U.S.S.
why is it everyone who bangs on about freedom of speech wants to use it to be a ******?

Thats right, thow abuse about, thats a sure fire way to bring others on side!:rolleyes:

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats right, thow abuse about, thats a sure fire way to bring others on side!:rolleyes:

He's right though. :)

Guest Dipped Flake
AND I DONT DON GREEN ON MY BODY.

And my 2 boys are Church of Scotland.

You .

Just checked your age and was astonished to find you are 48. I had assumed that you were a teenager and there was hope you would mature with age. Obviously no hope for that so will leave you with your views. Obviously you feel proud that you are a prod and that somehow makes you a better Hearts fan than the rest of us (although I would imagine that the majority of Hearts fans are prods too).

FYI I have been a 'prod' longer than you so does that make me a better Hearts fan than you???

Guest S.U.S.S.
Opinions are fine and well on certain topics, but on others there is a simple difference between right and wrong. Wouldn't you agree?

Sadly it seems in this country some people have been brought up not knowing this. I'm happy to say i'm not one of them.

That's enough for me today anyway.

He's right though. :)

So nothing wrong with the hibees version then? its not sectarian, glad we agree.

Shaun, you can allow opinions only on certain things.

So nothing wrong with the hibees version then? its not sectarian, glad we agree.

Shaun, you can allow opinions only on certain things.

I allow opinions on everything, my dear fellow. But jam tartan's opinion - that many of those who bleat about free speech want to use it to be a ****** - is one I tend to agree with. :)

Miller Jambo 60
Just checked your age and was astonished to find you are 48. I had assumed that you were a teenager and there was hope you would mature with age. Obviously no hope for that so will leave you with your views. Obviously you feel proud that you are a prod and that somehow makes you a better Hearts fan than the rest of us (although I would imagine that the majority of Hearts fans are prods too).

FYI I have been a 'prod' longer than you so does that make me a better Hearts fan than you???

DF you are Hearts im Hearts dont fall out with me.

I have views and will stick with them.

TBH i am a very peacefull person.

A bit of a mouthpiece but THATCHER done me in the 90s .

Still a union man and proud to be one.

Sorry for being a pain.

Depite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on this thread, there has yet to be one post that tells us categorically why this song should be sung. There are plenty dimwits saying 'Ah'll sing what ah like', but that is not enough.

Because it's a Hearts song, Hearts fans have always sung it since I've been alive, and it creates a good atmosphere.

Pretty much the same reasons for singing any Hearts song.

kennygarland1
You can guarantee if the song is sung on Sunday it will definitly be Fenian blood and not Hibee blood because there is an element of fans who tend to turn up at Easter Road who are pretty much never at any other game because they like the whole secretarian thing. Thye enjoy waving their union jacks for whatever reason.

Also because "fenians" don't like being referred to as "fenians". Or I know I don't. But anyway before this thread becomes another discussion about religion/secretariansm I won't be singing it.

I can gaurantee you there are as many(fenians as u call them)in our support as there are in theirs.

Given that we have a far larger support than them it is only obvious that will be the case.

still no answers on whether or not the hibee version includes a closing line about being Billy Boys...

Guest S.U.S.S.
I allow opinions on everything, my dear fellow. But jam tartan's opinion - that many of those who bleat about free speech want to use it to be a ****** - is one I tend to agree with. :)

Shaun i have no doubt YOU allow others to hold an opinion.

Sadly it seems not all others do.

those who want to sing the hibees versions have not tried to bully those that dont want to sing it into doing so.

Various tactics are being employed by those against.

Mini Hun - Its been a Hearts song for a while now!

fines - Not happeneing

Others opinions. - Personally i dont care about the opinion of idiots who cant tell the difference between the songs.

Those against the singing will not under any circumstances concede any ground even tho its not sectarian. Which is the bigoted view?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

"We're up to our knees in Hibee blood, surrender or you'll die.

We are the famous Gorgie Boys."

Can't see any problem with that.

Shaun i have no doubt YOU allow others to hold an opinion.

Sadly it seems not all others do.

those who want to sing the hibees versions have not tried to bully those that dont want to sing it into doing so.

Various tactics are being employed by those against.

Mini Hun - Its been a Hearts song for a while now!

fines - Not happeneing

Others opinions. - Personally i dont care about the opinion of idiots who cant tell the difference between the songs.

Those against the singing will not under any circumstances concede any ground even tho its not sectarian. Which is the bigoted view?

Those against it are worried that a minority will sing the non-PC version anyway, thus making it sectarian. They're also concerned about the image of the club it will portray, and the SFA/UEFA becoming involved. All entirely legitimate concerns in my view.

Meanwhile, as jam tartan's reiterated above, it's not just the 'fenian blood' line that's the problem. It's also the last line. Billy Boys = Sons of William = a Protestant sectarian song originating in 1930s Belfast. Sectarian, in other words - so is it included in the PC version, or not?

"We're up to our knees in Hibee blood, surrender or you'll die.

We are the famous Gorgie Boys."

Can't see any problem with that.

That I can agree with.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Those against it are worried that a minority will sing the non-PC version anyway, thus making it sectarian. They're also concerned about the image of the club it will portray, and the SFA/UEFA becoming involved. All entirely legitimate concerns in my view.

Meanwhile, as jam tartan's reiterated above, it's not just the 'fenian blood' line that's the problem. It's also the last line. Billy Boys = Sons of William = a Protestant sectarian song originating in 1930s Belfast. Sectarian, in other words - so is it included in the PC version, or not?

The number singing hibees vastly outweighs fenian to my ears. The sfa tried and failed, as they could not hear fenian (and im sure they tried) they see it as a waste of time and wont pursue it.

your second point was covered above.

But, just because something is Protestant, it doesnt make it sectarian.

I'm an Atheist wich technically makes me better than you both... and also gives me the right to slag of both Feniens and Huns.

Get it up yas aw...

Atheism.... the real bigots choice.

The number singing hibees vastly outweighs fenian to my ears. The sfa tried and failed, as they could not hear fenian (and im sure they tried) they see it as a waste of time and wont pursue it.

your second point was covered above.

But, just because something is Protestant, it doesnt make it sectarian.

If the words 'Billy Boys' (a gang not exactly known for its tolerance of Catholics) are used, it certainly would be sectarian.

Guest Dipped Flake
DF you are Hearts im Hearts dont fall out with me.

I have views and will stick with them.

TBH i am a very peacefull person.

A bit of a mouthpiece but THATCHER done me in the 90s .

Still a union man and proud to be one.

Sorry for being a pain.

Sorry MJ60, I sometimes get carried away with myself. Cheers for coming back like that and I fully respect your right to believing anything you want. For the record, although I am very much against sectarianism at the football (and anywhere else), I fail to see the problems with hello hello, without the F word. I know it is seen as a huns song but loads of fans of other teams, north and south of the border sing it so don't see why we can't.

Think the song actually originated in Glasgow, not Belfast. The 'Billy Boys' were a Glasgow gang.

Think the song actually originated in Glasgow, not Belfast. The 'Billy Boys' were a Glasgow gang.

Yes, you're right! Apologies.

Colonel Kurtz

Correct Fullerton was a thug and a fascist who was a bodyguard for Mosley when he visited Glasgow.

Red Clydeside my erse.

The fenian blood referred to are another weedgie street gang,and nothing to do with religion.

Indeed The fenian organisation was predominantly run by protestants and was not popular with the catholic church.

We as a club have our own proud traditions why do some have to be Hunlite

Its not a Hearts song, its a Rangers song. Regardless of word changes the connotations are sectarian. I hate it.

rangers sing a version of the song "billy boys", as do killie with "killie boys", man utd sing "busby boys" and portsmouth sang some version of it. i hate the fact there is, in alot of peoples eyes, a strong connection between rangers and hearts fans. i hate the label "billy's edinburgh cousins" but then, it's only words, just like in the songs. so lighten up you lot, sing "hibee blood" as it is deemed to be less offensive, and we will not get in trouble. the tune is a good one, i don't like the sectarian rangers(and hearts) version, but it is a good, rousing song that gets fans excited and uplifted.

I'm an Atheist wich technically makes me better than you both... and also gives me the right to slag of both Feniens and Huns.

Get it up yas aw...

Atheism.... the real bigots choice.

can i join the athiest bigots hearts supporters club?

the *f*t*p & *f *t *q Brigade?

Its not a Hearts song, its a Rangers song. Regardless of word changes the connotations are sectarian. I hate it.

Really? Can't say I've I've ever heard any Rangers fans sing "Hello, hello, we are the Gorgie boys".

Have you?

can i join the athiest bigots hearts supporters club?

the *f*t*p & *f *t *q Brigade?

Jump aboard.

I was born under a hospital roof

A hospital hospital roof

FECK THE POPE AND HER MAJESTY!

Patrick Bateman

Deary me, Speirs really was right about underclasses and Hello Hello.

Guest S.U.S.S.
If the words 'Billy Boys' (a gang not exactly known for its tolerance of Catholics) are used, it certainly would be sectarian.

And yet the term Hun is used with impunity on the board, its a term also deemed sectarian by organisations such as nil by mouth.

http://www.nilbymouth.org/history.htm

"Sectarian language is commonly used in Scotland, with abusive terms such as "Hun" and "Orange *******" being used against Protestants and others such as "Fenian" and "Tim" used to persecute Catholics. This reinforces religious and racial stereotypes as well as the divisions and conflict between the denominations."

so tell me why it would be acceptable for me to post.

Lets get into these stinking huns

but not acceptable to post

Lets get into these stinking fenians.

Miller Jambo 60
Eh?

Does that even make sense?

Anyone?

My friend i8 is a tory we have banter IM snp he rips me up.

Was it that hard.

You are one moan.

Guest S.U.S.S.
My friend i8 is a tory we have banter IM snp he rips me up.

Was it that hard.

You are one moan.

I8 is a poo head, its official, FACT END OF. etc:)

Patrick Bateman
Well done, way to add to the debate.:rolleyes:

My pleasure. Just thought I'd do a little fishing with those PC Hand-wringers, see if they don't like it when I mock the inbred redneck trash amongst our support :)

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Really? Can't say I've I've ever heard any Rangers fans sing "Hello, hello, we are the Gorgie boys".

Have you?

I hear you, but I think the tide of opinion is against us chief

On the basis of the argument that its a copied song, do any of you PC people sing 'When the hearts go marching in'? Thats copied from many other teams.

On the basis of the argument that its a copied song, do any of you PC people sing 'When the hearts go marching in'? Thats copied from many other teams.

I think you might have missed the point completely.

Guest S.U.S.S.
And yet the term Hun is used with impunity on the board, its a term also deemed sectarian by organisations such as nil by mouth.

http://www.nilbymouth.org/history.htm

"Sectarian language is commonly used in Scotland, with abusive terms such as "Hun" and "Orange *******" being used against Protestants and others such as "Fenian" and "Tim" used to persecute Catholics. This reinforces religious and racial stereotypes as well as the divisions and conflict between the denominations."

so tell me why it would be acceptable for me to post.

Lets get into these stinking huns

but not acceptable to post

Lets get into these stinking fenians.

Still waiting...

I would be great to hear the sanitised version getting belted by Hearts fans home and away.

But anyone who doesn't think the attention-seeking, schemie, neddish element within our support wouldn't sing the 'fenien' version is as deluded as the weeteamers.

I'd rather ban the attention-seeking, schemie, neds from our support and keep the song.

Still waiting...

I think hun or der hun is a completely acceptable term to use on KB but then again, i also think tim or timmy is equally acceptable.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I think hun or der hun is a completely acceptable term to use on KB but then again, i also think tim or timmy is equally acceptable.

At last someone willing to say what they think.

well done that man.

I agree, if hun is acceptable, then so should fenian, tim, timmy etc etc. If not then all should be banned on here.

Will be interested to hear the justifications of the Everything Rangers is Evil brigade, i mean, an organisation they sometimes use to beat people over the head with (although, not on this thread yet it think) has deemed a term they are ever so fond of as sectarian, yet they use it freely, but would go into meltdown if someone was to post about fenian ****.

hypocrites or Celtic fans? who knows?

Colonel Kurtz

das Hun surely

But the question"have you seen a handsome hun" is valid

I prefer"white underclass" myself

Opinions are fine and well on certain topics, but on others there is a simple difference between right and wrong. Wouldn't you agree?

Sadly it seems in this country some people have been brought up not knowing this. I'm happy to say i'm not one of them.

That's enough for me today anyway.

:eek:

Well no sorry I haven't been brought up that way. I must apologise.

I was actually brought up that there are two sides to every story and everyone is entitled to an opinion, however ghastly or unsavoury others may think of it.

So if you can please list these topics where an opinion is not allowed that would be great. Also please provide some evidence where this was agreed by all 6.5 billion of the World's population.

While you are at it please provide evidence that you are the one great almighty high ruler of this planet. :P

I am astounded that people are being attacked on this site for simply having an opinion that, by the looks of this poll, 50% of other posters actually agree this. :eek:

As I said, astounding. Truly astounding.

BTW I luckily got a ticket for the game from S.U.S.S. :)

So I may even sing a wee bit of the song, with the good words, if I feel like it. Then again maybe I won't. Hope the almighty ruler of the World Jambo83 is ok with this. If not just strike me down with lighting - I clearly deserve it for being an infidel. :rolleyes:

Guest S.U.S.S.

Well no sorry I haven't been brought up that way. I must apologise.

I was actually brought up that there are two sides to every story and everyone is entitled to an opinion, however ghastly or unsavoury others may think of it.

So if you can please list these topics where an opinion is not allowed that would be great. Also please provide some evidence where this was agreed by all 6.5 billion of the World's population.

While you are at it please provide evidence that you are the one great almighty high ruler of this planet. :P

I am astounded that people are being attacked on this site for simply having an opinion that, by the looks of this poll, 50% of other posters actually agree this. :eek:

As I said, astounding. Truly astounding.

BTW I luckily got a ticket for the game from S.U.S.S. :)

So I may even sing a wee bit of the song, with the good words, if I feel like it. Then again maybe I won't. Hope the almighty ruler of the World Jambo83 is ok with this. If not just strike me down with lighting - I clearly deserve it for being an infidel. :rolleyes:

Ticket provided on the stipulation you vote yes on the poll and sing at the game. :)

Ticket provided on the stipulation you vote yes on the poll and sing at the game. :)

Voted yes yesterday !!!

Of course I will sing. Especially when big Zal nods in the winner.

And why cant the PC hand wringers accept that if people are not singing about fenians there is nothing wrong with the song?

some people choose to be offended by thing that are not offensive.

Why can't you accept that it doesn't matter what version is sung, the rest of the country will grab the opportunity to drag us through the filth. Again.

And I don't want to be up to my knees in anyones blood.

Why can't you accept that it doesn't matter what version is sung, the rest of the country will grab the opportunity to drag us through the filth. Again.

And I don't want to be up to my knees in anyones blood.

Where does this incredible myth come from ?

I see nobody getting excited about a team singing Hello Hello except for a section of Hearts fans.

SFA - Don't care

Police - Don't care

SPL - Don't care

UEFA - Don't care.

Archived