Hullo Hullo on Sunday

Guest S.U.S.S.

Will you sing Hullo Hullo (Hibees Version)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will you sing Hullo Hullo (Hibees Version)

• Yes
    • No

Seymour M Hersh
If the majority of us sing Hibes blood then noone will hear any small groups singing the fenian version.

You don't get it do you? The GFA will come down on HMFC if given an opportunity like this. The phrase up to our knees in .... blood will still be in your version and that will give the GFA all the reason they need. Don't sing it in any form.

Any way why would you want to be up to you to be up to your knees in anyones blood?

If you want a genuinely sanitised version why not try this. "We'll be the hibees any day as sure as I'm alive, a one two three a four a five"?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember people its a private poll, the warriors of righteousness wont be knocking on your door should you vote yes.;)

Not having a go, but how can you start a poll, say its not a flag debate.

Then call all those people who dont agree with your point of view hand wringers and warriors of righteousness?

it doesn't make sense.

Why did you start the poll, simply to identify those who you could start calling names? You see how it doesn't compute?

Its ok to have different views. Its ok to start polls about them, but in doing so, you have to accept people will have views that you might not like.

Its a bit cheap to start such a poll, and end up berating all those who didnt vote the same way as you.

MacDonald Jardine
Why can't you accept that it doesn't matter what version is sung, the rest of the country will grab the opportunity to drag us through the filth. Again.

And I don't want to be up to my knees in anyones blood.[/QUOTE]

Good for you but spare us the scaremongering.

Guest JamboRobbo
"We're up to our knees in Hibee blood, surrender or you'll die.

We are the famous Gorgie Boys."

Can't see any problem with that.

Neither can I. Problem is, we have too many numpties who can't contain themselves to sing that. They'll take their opportunity to sing their fenian blood version. hence why the only solution is not to sing it at all.

As usual, a small number of numpties, spoil things for the majority of reasonable people.

Whatever happened to the Kickback Vigilante Brigade who were going to "sort out" people singing dodgy songs at games? Sunday could be an occasion for them.

Watch out, lads, Kickback's going to get you.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Not having a go, but how can you start a poll, say its not a flag debate.

Then call all those people who dont agree with your point of view hand wringers and warriors of righteousness?

it doesn't make sense.

Why did you start the poll, simply to identify those who you could start calling names? You see how it doesn't compute?

Its ok to have different views. Its ok to start polls about them, but in doing so, you have to accept people will have views that you might not like.

Its a bit cheap to start such a poll, and end up berating all those who didnt vote the same way as you.

I started the poll to find out peoples views, its what they are used for.

I think you will find those against the singing started the namecalling.

they are the bigots who refuse to allow others their view and berate them for having one.

they constantly tell us of fines etc that have never materialised.

they are the ones that think a club song released on CD makes us Rangers fans.

Many of them are also not going to easter road judging by the other thread.

Guest S.U.S.S.
You don't get it do you? The GFA will come down on HMFC if given an opportunity like this. The phrase up to our knees in .... blood will still be in your version and that will give the GFA all the reason they need. Don't sing it in any form.

Any way why would you want to be up to you to be up to your knees in anyones blood?

If you want a genuinely sanitised version why not try this. "We'll be the hibees any day as sure as I'm alive, a one two three a four a five"?

Oh and its never been sung at a game in the last 5 years for them to have the opportunity to fine us. They cant and they wont.

Jam Tarts 1874
Whatever happened to the Kickback Vigilante Brigade who were going to "sort out" people singing dodgy songs at games? Sunday could be an occasion for them.

I think you will find that the decent Hearts fans are responsible for the fact that apart from a very small handful of individuals, we no longer have to put up with sectarian singing of any kind from Hearts fans.

When I first went to games back in the 70's all this red hand of ulster stuff, ***, UDA all the way etc etc was in abundance. It was decent fans who shouted down and booed those numbwits as well as pointing them out to the police who we now should be thanking for almost entirely ridding us of the no-marks that perpetuated this rubbish that has nothing to do with Hearts.

Therefore I think you should be more supportive of anyone who singles out any Hearts fan who is dragging the good name of our club down into the gutter. Even singing the "sanitised" version of Hullo Hullo carries connotations and should therefore be discouraged.

I think you will find that the decent Hearts fans are responsible for the fact that apart from a very small handful of individuals, we no longer have to put up with sectarian singing of any kind from Hearts fans.

When I first went to games back in the 70's all this red hand of ulster stuff, ***, UDA all the way etc etc was in abundance. It was decent fans who shouted down and booed those numbwits as well as pointing them out to the police who we now should be thanking for almost entirely ridding us of the no-marks that perpetuated this rubbish that has nothing to do with Hearts.

Therefore I think you should be more supportive of anyone who singles out any Hearts fan who is dragging the good name of our club down into the gutter. Even singing the "sanitised" version of Hullo Hullo carries connotations and should therefore be discouraged.

:laugh:

Watch out, guys, Jam Tarts 1874 is coming to get you.

What has changed so much that it is no longer acceptable to sing it these days? Never a problem when i was growing up, could it be to appease the "new" fans that have come since 06??

Is this the closest poll ever on here?

Currently 171 vs 170 to the yes voters..........:)

Why are the PC brigade not pointing out that Oh the hibees are gay is equally, if not more, un-PC?

In fact i was just looking at the Drew Busby thread and the Buzzzby song contains glorification of alchohol...."drinks all your Whiskey and Newcastle Brown"

That'll need to be banned too.

:sad:

At least some people on here would have the backbone to stand up to someone at a football game. I know for a fact that you wouldn't kiddo :P

Miller Jambo 60
People aren't smart enough to change the words, or word, and as soon as you start singing it you'll get shouted down. I've made the point before that it's not the song that's banned it's the f word... still couldn't get my point accross! It's a shame as nothing comes close to the noise level achieved by the first 2 lines of the song.

Are you going.

Seymour M Hersh
Oh and its never been sung at a game in the last 5 years for them to have the opportunity to fine us. They cant and they wont.

They can and they will given the opportunity. Of course it has been sung over the last few years but it's only been outlawed this season iirc (possibly last). They'll never come down hard on the real culprits but you can bet your bottom dollar they'll do us if they can. Then they can proudly brag to the press how they are really tackling sectarianism.

Guest JamboRobbo
What has changed so much that it is no longer acceptable to sing it these days? Never a problem when i was growing up, could it be to appease the "new" fans that have come since 06??

With a thought process like that, Larry will be delighted you didn't grow up in the deep south of america.

Guest JamboRobbo

Why are the PC brigade not pointing out that Oh the hibees are gay is equally, if not more, un-PC?

Maybe cause this thread isn't suggesting a return of that song? :o

With a thought process like that, Larry will be delighted you didn't grow up in the deep south of america.

What are you waffling on about?

Guest Dipped Flake
What are you waffling on about?

I think he was meaning that, taking your point of it was good enough for me years ago to the extreme, Larry would have been allowed to clean the players boots and that is as far as he would ever have got. In otherwords, the world moves on.

Captain Price
Will you sing the sanitised version?

(hibees blood)

Not looking for a debate on which version etc. Simply the hibees blood version.

If enough sing loud enough any other version would be drowned out.

oh hell yes.

They can and they will given the opportunity. Of course it has been sung over the last few years but it's only been outlawed this season iirc (possibly last). They'll never come down hard on the real culprits but you can bet your bottom dollar they'll do us if they can. Then they can proudly brag to the press how they are really tackling sectarianism.

Get a grip man, what are you basing this on? I guarantee the SFA will do hee haw when its sung on Sunday.

Was it not Brines who put it in his match report against Motherwell last season and feck all happened. Fair enough if people don't want to sing it but to use that as a reason is just plain nonsense.

Hmmm, you must have really, really wanted to come up something to counter the Gyle Volunteer Force.

It's a pity that Kickback Vigilante Brigade is a bit pish though.

Currently 171 vs 170 to the yes voters..........:)

Why are the PC brigadenot pointing out that Oh the hibees are gay is equally, if not more, un-PC?

In fact i was just looking at the Drew Busby thread and the Buzzzby song contains glorification of alchohol...."drinks all your Whiskey and Newcastle Brown"

That'll need to be banned too.

:sad:

Is there anything on here which people don't respond to with the "PC Brigade"?

lost in leith

OK, I'm now a convert to the idea that singing about being up to our knees in somebody's blood is OK, because it's 'traditional'. Maybe we can start a campaign to have the song added to the order of service on Remembrance Sunday :eek:

OK, I'm now a convert to the idea that singing about being up to our knees in somebody's blood is OK, because it's 'traditional'. Maybe we can start a campaign to have the song added to the order of service on Remembrance Sunday :eek:

The logical extension of your argument would be to ban numerous Hymns.

1."Onward Christian soldiers marching as to war" Ah now thats suggesting blood and killing, so should be banned.

2. "nor shall my sword rest in my hand" -from Jerusalem - should be banned.

The point is not that people who sing these and countless other Hymns or other similar songs or whatever LITERALLY would not be happy wading through human blood.

Eroneous point IMO.

Generic Username

I'll be at the game on Sunday and won't be singing it purely because I know, as do most of the rest of you, that once it starts, there's not a hope in hell of it making it all the way through as the "clean" or "sanitised" version.

Just because someone would or wouldn't sing a song isn't an indicator for the high and mighty to judge how good a fan/supporter you are.

Seymour M Hersh
Get a grip man, what are you basing this on? I guarantee the SFA will do hee haw when its sung on Sunday.

Was it not Brines who put it in his match report against Motherwell last season and feck all happened. Fair enough if people don't want to sing it but to use that as a reason is just plain nonsense.

Time will tell.

I suppose The Sash is out of the question as an alternative:p

Change Sash for Y-Fronts,its quite catchy:rolleyes:

Bra scans better.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Time will tell.

In investment speak, past performance is not an indicatior of future performance.

But its a good yard stick, and we have sung it countless times (the naughty version) with no fine. so i dont see a fine coming for the nice version.

MacDonald Jardine

I assume those people who continually insist this site is represeentative will now accept that the majority favour the song?

Guest S.U.S.S.
I assume those people who continually insist this site is represeentative will now accept that the majority favour the song?

Its only representative when is suits certain agendas! :)

Miller Jambo 60

You are being childish.

Miller Jambo 60
You are being childish.

And im on my high horse.

You can bet there will be no trouble on Sunday.

A song big deal sticks and stones.

London Road the 80s police cars stoned.

we have moved on but the wee KBs dont know the past.

Probably due to the fact we had won nothing for years.

frustration set in and the laddies had a pop.

So we will sing the song and if thats the worst part of the day.

BIG DEAL.

Eroneous point IMO.

I think the same could easily be said of your point also.

Those hymns spoke of events, or related to events, that LITERALLY happened. There were wars and battles and quests and death.

The game against Hibs is just that - a game.

MacDonald Jardine

And a campaign to sing the national anthem at games?

Archived