Hullo Hullo on Sunday

Guest S.U.S.S.

Will you sing Hullo Hullo (Hibees Version)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will you sing Hullo Hullo (Hibees Version)

• Yes
    • No

Guest S.U.S.S.

Will you sing the sanitised version?

(hibees blood)

Not looking for a debate on which version etc. Simply the hibees blood version.

If enough sing loud enough any other version would be drowned out.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did the spl not say after the motherwell game last season that anything to the tune of marching through georgia was banned.

although saying that i've heard nothing from the sfa/spl since after hearing other clubs sing it.

did the spl not say after the motherwell game last season that anything to the tune of marching through georgia was banned.

although saying that i've heard nothing from the sfa/spl since after hearing other clubs sing it.

Kilmarnock fans seem to have a version they sing

Guest S.U.S.S.

Cant see how they can ban a tune! of course in saying that we are talking about the SPL GFA etc who have no concept of the real world. Killie have a version they sing so think it may only be the fenian part that is banned.

stephanepaille

Realy cant understand why we wouldnt sing it....it has been being sung for many a year from the Hearts fans and we should continue to do so.

Whats the problem with singing it realy ??? Its probably the loudest the Hearts fans are when we do sing it.

Kilmarnock fans seem to have a version they sing

i noticed that, i wonder if we could use that as a defence if people did sing gorgie boys, or kello kello or whatever.

itsnomarooned

Isn't the point here that, irrespective of what words may be sung, the song has a connotation with sectarianism and is therefore deemed as inappropriate. Why can't we just accept that and sing something else?

always sign the hibees blood version!

That's good of you. Is that for the benefit of the deaf hibbies?

Kilmarnock are not the only ones that sing it

There are now plent of EPL clubs that sing there own version now.

Pompey fans where singing it in portugal.

It should be sung(obviously hibbees blood version) as a matter of principal.

I just feel we have been singled out. On this song.

If a minority want to sing the other version then they should be singled out.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Kilmarnock are not the only ones that sign it

There are now plent of EPL clubs that sign there own version now.

It should be sung(obviously hibbees blood version) as a matter of principal.

I just feel we have been singled out.

If a minority want to sign the other version then they should be singled out.

If the majority of us sing Hibes blood then noone will hear any small groups singing the fenian version.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Isn't the point here that, irrespective of what words may be sung, the song has a connotation with sectarianism and is therefore deemed as inappropriate. Why can't we just accept that and sing something else?

And why cant the PC hand wringers accept that if people are not singing about fenians there is nothing wrong with the song?

some people choose to be offended by thing that are not offensive.

And why cant the PC hand wringers accept that if people are not singing about fenians there is nothing wrong with the song?

some people choose to be offended by thing that are not offensive.

Because people always sing about fenians. If the song actually ever makes it to that line people generally sing fenian and not hibee blood.

Because people always sing about fenians. If the song actually ever makes it to that line people generally sing fenian and not hibee blood.

You can guarantee if the song is sung on Sunday it will definitly be Fenian blood and not Hibee blood because there is an element of fans who tend to turn up at Easter Road who are pretty much never at any other game because they like the whole secretarian thing. Thye enjoy waving their union jacks for whatever reason.

Also because "fenians" don't like being referred to as "fenians". Or I know I don't. But anyway before this thread becomes another discussion about religion/secretariansm I won't be singing it.

The referee reported it at the Motherwell game. The SPL confirmed they would take no action. UEFA also reported that they would be 'banning' this song. They canned this after realising just how many clubs sing it. They confirmed they would leave it to the member nations Football Associations to decide.

So the SPL, SFA and UEFA certainly have no problem with it. The hobos have no problem with it. In fact I have never even met a Tim who is bothered by it. The song was even on the Official HMFC CD about 4 years ago.

As far as I can see the only people who have a problem with it are a very small number of Hearts fans.

Anyway I won't be singing it as I am not going next week !! Part time fan central. :)

I would rather sit on my hands in complete silence and not enjoy myself or support my team

Much more preferable to a bunch of prawn sandwich rugby supporting muppets accusing me of being a bigot:rolleyes:

Guest S.U.S.S.

Can you please post the results of this survey, i must have missed it.

Guest S.U.S.S.
You can guarantee if the song is sung on Sunday it will definitly be Fenian blood and not Hibee blood because there is an element of fans who tend to turn up at Easter Road who are pretty much never at any other game because they like the whole secretarian thing. Thye enjoy waving their union jacks for whatever reason.

Also because "fenians" don't like being referred to as "fenians". Or I know I don't. But anyway before this thread becomes another discussion about religion/secretariansm I won't be singing it.

Again, id love to see the survey used to come to that conclusion.

thats one of the funniest posts this... emm week.

Brilliant.. did you carry out a poll whilst you were there.

Do you come here because of

A. Its in edinburgh

B. Get lost when looking for the ocean terminal

C. Want to follow ma club in an important game

D. I like the fenien bits o' songs so always come here, its dead brilliant for it here.

I have a sneeky feeling you hear it more because people get excited, just like you have with your very strange statement.

EDIT; ******* SUSS! I was typing that! baws... must remember to be more straight to the point.

Its not a Hearts song, its a Rangers song. Regardless of word changes the connotations are sectarian. I hate it.

Again, id love to see the survey used to come to that conclusion.

Ok maybe not everyone will sing Fenian blood but there will be a strong element who will sing the Fenain blood version. Plus not every Hearts fan posts on kickback ;)

thats one of the funniest posts this... emm week.

Brilliant.. did you carry out a poll whilst you were there.

Do you come here because of

A. Its in edinburgh

B. Get lost when looking for the ocean terminal

C. Want to follow ma club in an important game

D. I like the fenien bits o' songs so always come here, its dead brilliant for it here.

I hav a sneeky feeling you hear it more because people get excited, just like you have with your very strange statement.

There is normally more instances of a certain type of behaviour at ER but the "guilty" parties on the whole are among out best supporters and create the atmosphere

There also the first ones you see at most reserve games

Its frankly ludicrous that some of our best fans are abused on here by certain types of people for singing hullo hullo

without these people our club would have a totally awful support

Guest S.U.S.S.
Is this another song debate dressed up as a song debate?

No.

Its a song debate masquerading as a song debate. Subtly different, yet strangely the same.;)

As far as I'm aware it's been sung at every away match so far, so I'd imagine it will be belted out at Easter Road. If we score first it will definately be sung.

I have a question though, of the people who said they wouldn't sing it, will you actually be at the game?

Its not a Hearts song, its a Rangers song. Regardless of word changes the connotations are sectarian. I hate it.

Yep. It will always be a dirty Rangers song to me, no matter which other teams sing it, and it makes me cringe whenever I hear it coming from our own supporters.

As far as I'm aware it's been sung at every away match so far, so I'd imagine it will be belted out at Easter Road. If we score first it will definately be sung.

I have a question though, of the people who said they wouldn't sing it, will you actually be at the game?

and will they be singing the cringeworthy "oh the hibees are gay" for the 5th billionth time as the atmosphere crashes and burns

it's without doubt (and i wont be supplying survey data to support this) the best 'song' to really get the fans going and create a great atmosphere. it creates (and i am not basing this further opinion on statistical evidence) the loudest singing and seems to get the whole support going.

at least it was...

i'm all for the song being given a revival, but obviously it has to be the perceived PC version. not for any particular reason which involves conforming to a zero tolerance on sectarian singing because far far worse can be heard at every single OF away math, the reason hearts must stick to the sanitised version is that we would be clamped down on for singing the original version... hard. we are an easy target which would come in very handy for a petrified SFA who can't stomach the fallout they would get if they tackled the real problems in scottish football.

if it could be brought back... 'safely'... it would be great for the atmosphere at tynie.

It`s probably the only time during the season you`ll not hear booing in the Hearts end.

Overall i just hope we all go and make a good atmosphere as we usually do at Fester.

It`s too early in the season to be down because of a couple of bad results.

MON THE HEARTS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:107years:

Someone said it makes them cringe hearing Hello Hello, Its been getting sang with hearts for over 30 years mate!

Toxteth O'Grady

Hurrah, hurrah, we are the Gorgie boys

Hurrah, hurrah, we make a lot of noise

On Saturdays you'll hear us sing

Tynecastle to Dalry

When we go marchin' thru' Gorgie.

:107years:

Sounds a great idea. I've got a couple of other songs in the same vein.

hows about;

follow, follow

we will follow jam tarts

ooh to ooh to be

ohh to be a

JAMBO

Oh my father was a jambo

and he wore a maroon scarf

oooh aahh up the Hearts

I say oooh ahh up the hearts

Hail Hail, The Hearts are here,

What the hell do we care,

What the hell do we care now

In case you aren't strong on irony, Hello hello is a sectarian song adopted by Rangers in the 1930's. Regardless of its sectarian conotations IS A RANGERS SONG and has no place being sung by the might JT's regardless of what lyrics are used.

end

of.

MacDonald Jardine
Sounds a great idea. I've got a couple of other songs in the same vein.

hows about;

follow, follow

we will follow jam tarts

ooh to ooh to be

ohh to be a

JAMBO

Oh my father was a jambo

and he wore a maroon scarf

oooh aahh up the Hearts

I say oooh ahh up the hearts

What the hell do we care now

In case you aren't strong on irony, Hello hello is a sectarian song adopted by Rangers in the 1930's. Regardless of its sectarian conotations IS A RANGERS SONG and has no place being sung by the might JT's regardless of what lyrics are used.

end

of.

There have been Hearts versions of the first and last songs there.

One appeared on the 1986 record.

And if you know your history indeed.

There have been Hearts versions of the first and last songs there.

One appeared on the 1986 record.

And if you know your history indeed.

Agreed. But I like to hope that like most parts of society we grow and learn from previous mistakes.

I know this is over egging it, but if not why dont we still have slavery as it existed before etc?

These songs are not hearts songs, we must not sing versions of them ever again. THere are many other abusive and distasteful songs we could sing that are not sung by the weegie filth. I just hate to think wee have to copy their songs just because we used to.

According to any good dictionary, see below.

"Fenian"- "A member of a group of brave warriors always ready to defend Ireland against its enemies."

I always say "Thank You" to anyone who calls me this, and will take NO offense if you guys belt it out, full pelt on Sunday. (GFA might tho`) :sad:

P.C. Gone mad TBH.

MacDonald Jardine
Agreed. But I like to hope that like most parts of society we grow and learn from previous mistakes.

I know this is over egging it, but if not why dont we still have slavery as it existed before etc?

These songs are not hearts songs, we must not sing versions of them ever again. THere are many other abusive and distasteful songs we could sing that are not sung by the weegie filth. I just hate to think wee have to copy their songs just because we used to.

There's almost no songs that are unique to one club.

Obviously the Hearts song. The European song.

Possibly 'His name is Drew Busby".

Is that all we should sing for evermore?

Someone said it makes them cringe hearing Hello Hello, Its been getting sang with hearts for over 30 years mate!

Your point being?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Go ahead and sing it, but then who doesn't get paid when the SFA fine you?

When have the SFA fined anyone for singing it?

point being - if it was good enough then, then why not now? Like someone also said, loads of other teams sing songs to other tunes. Also what is it about it that is offensive to you?

Archived