Hullo Hullo on Sunday

Guest S.U.S.S.

Will you sing Hullo Hullo (Hibees Version)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will you sing Hullo Hullo (Hibees Version)

• Yes
    • No

good old djf

I don't know you but I GUARANTEE you have sang such songs in your life before.

Or maybe you haven't Mahatma

Gandhi_1.jpg

Yes. I am clearly Mahatma Ghandi because I would not sing any sing I can think of simply to offend others.

Or perhaps I am just sane.

Who knows?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes. I am clearly Mahatma Ghandi because I would not sing any sing I can think of simply to offend others.

Or perhaps I am just sane.

Who knows?

It's football djf!!

It's tribal

It is not Murrayfield - it is Tynie!

It's football djf!!

It's tribal

It is not Murrayfield - it is Tynie!

I judge people by the same standards within a football stadium as I would if I met them in any other environment.

No time for 90 minute racists, bigots, homophobes or xenophobes.

Any song, no matter how rousing, that is associated with Rangers I find yukky.

So I never sing it. Hearts have other songs that are rousing without the need for this one so I find that argument a bit pathetic.

So I never sing it. Hearts have other songs that are rousing without the need for this one so I find that argument a bit pathetic.

I agree but at the end of the day those dirty weegie b assas do not own or have exclusive rights to them

I agree but at the end of the day those dirty weegie b assas do not own or have exclusive rights to them

True, but I don't believe the song is that special that we have to use it aswell.

I would far prefer to sing Hearts, Hearts, Glorious Hearts, The Gorgie Boys are Going to Europe and a good few others.

I judge people by the same standards within a football stadium as I would if I met them in any other environment.

I have never heard such undiluted nonsense in my entire life.

Unless of course you have never shouted at a referee, abused a player because they are overwieght, classed all opposition fans as a single entity simply due to the team they support etc etc....:rolleyes:

People that judge people by the same standards within a football stadium as they would if they met them in any other environment - should not be at the football. FACT.

Can you imagine !! Let's judge all the hun, hobo and tim fans as if we were to simply meet them in another environment..:eek:

"Excuse me - Mr celtic fan - that shot by your player was atrotious !!"

"Oh yes Mr Hearts fan it was. Now that was a good shot by your number 8 - well done "

"Well thank you Mr Celtic fan. Hope you enjoy the game. bye bye !!"

"You too Mr Hearts fan. See you later "

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The thing is, when i first started going to hearts as a six years old (in about 86) I associated the Gorgie Boys with HMFC so to me it's a hearts song. I don't like the fenian stuff but the song as a whole brings back good memories for me.

...there is an element of fans who tend to turn up at Easter Road who are pretty much never at any other game because they like the whole secretarian thing....

I can just see them now, sitting there with their filing cabinets and signing letters on behalf of the big boss.

I think that this song should be sung every week, it's the most rousing that we have.

Why is is so necessary to sing a certain song that causes so much grief between our own fans and to the club? Will it make us play any better? Aparently we've all ready lost anyway...

itsnomarooned
Sounds a great idea. I've got a couple of other songs in the same vein.

hows about;

follow, follow

we will follow jam tarts

ooh to ooh to be

ohh to be a

JAMBO

Oh my father was a jambo

and he wore a maroon scarf

oooh aahh up the Hearts

I say oooh ahh up the hearts

Hail Hail, The Hearts are here,

What the hell do we care,

What the hell do we care,

Hail Hail, The Hearts are here,

What the hell do we care now

In case you aren't strong on irony, Hello hello is a sectarian song adopted by Rangers in the 1930's. Regardless of its sectarian conotations IS A RANGERS SONG and has no place being sung by the might JT's regardless of what lyrics are used.

end

of.

H-E-A ... I-B-S

I have never heard such undiluted nonsense in my entire life.

Unless of course you have never shouted at a referee, abused a player because they are overwieght, classed all opposition fans as a single entity simply due to the team they support etc etc....:rolleyes:

People that judge people by the same standards within a football stadium as they would if they met them in any other environment - should not be at the football. FACT.

Can you imagine !! Let's judge all the hun, hobo and tim fans as if we were to simply meet them in another environment..:eek:

"Excuse me - Mr celtic fan - that shot by your player was atrotious !!"

"Oh yes Mr Hearts fan it was. Now that was a good shot by your number 8 - well done "

"Well thank you Mr Celtic fan. Hope you enjoy the game. bye bye !!"

"You too Mr Hearts fan. See you later "

I suggest you use some common sense CC.

I8 advised he would sing absolutely anything in order to wind up the opposition support.

What is your opinion on this stance please?

Could you justify racism as long as it was only at a football ground?

I've certainly said some sweary words at the football before but then i've also said some sweary words in the real world as well.

I love these threads.

I think folk get more offended by these threads discussing the song than they do at the actual singing of the song.

It is by far the most rousing song hearts have. I will be singing it! Does the opposition really get offended even if we song both versions its a football game i doubt hibs fans go home crying over what we sing at them its all part of the game, was never a problem in the past singing it. What would people have us sing "Hibees are gay" or that bloody kingston song?

No it's not.

Yes it is.

By the way, do the people who think that it's a Rangers song also think that it's a Rangers song when numerous English teams sing it?

Miller Jambo 60
Just what we need.

The world is fecked.

Our club is fecked.

What could improve things - how about a public degradation on live TV?

Doesn't matter what words we sing - this is a hun song. We shouldn't sing it. We are so much better that that - we also have hundreds of fantastic songs we could sing.

If you want to humiliate and embarrass our club, and confirm to the rest of Scotland that we are a bunch of huns without a bus fare, go ahead. Real fans? my erse.

Doesn't matter that we used to sing it - times move on.

Doesn't matter if we change some words - it's a filthy hun tune, and too many people already think of us as mini huns.

Doesn't matter. Do us all a favour. If you care about this club, it's image, and the very real possibility that we will be the first to get hammered by the GFA - do not sing this hun song. Think for a moment about what you are doing.

Singing this does not make you a crusader for free speech - it makes you a hun without the bus fare. As Edinburgh boys we should all be able to rise above OF pesh - this song belongs in the past. Leave it there and move on.

Got to laugh.

Hows London mate ,go to HEARTS games.

I am a prod and proud ,not a hun cant stand them.

This mini hun ,wheres that from.

Im Dougie a prod and proud to be one.

Always think anti-prods have their own strange issues.

And i will sing HELLO HELLO.

MacDonald Jardine
Got to laugh.

You wonder if his cosmopolitan London lifestyle has been affected by the credit crunch.

Maybe that's why the world is going to hell.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
I love these threads.

I think folk get more offended by these threads discussing the song than they do at the actual singing of the song.

we are the angry mob, we read the papers every day, we like who we like, we hate who we hate, but we're also easily swayed.

As Cliff Richard once sang

I8 advised he would sing absolutely anything in order to wind up the opposition support.

I've certainly said some sweary words at the football before but then i've also said some sweary words in the real world as well.

To elaborate on this somewhat CC

If you came up to me on Monday and told me you'd called the referee a "blind *******" at the weekend I wouldn't be able to read anything into you as a person by that action. It's clearly a hyperbole in the spirit of the atmosphere.

If you told me you'd called Ma-Kalamby a "black monkey *******" I would judge you as a racist. No matter if you told me it was only to wind up the Hobos and you didn't mean the sentiment.

Common sense approach i'm sure you can agree? And explains why I found I8's comments completely stupid.

The thing is, when i first started going to hearts as a six years old (in about 86) I associated the Gorgie Boys with HMFC so to me it's a hearts song. I don't like the fenian stuff but the song as a whole brings back good memories for me.

Exactly how I feel, I've always thought of it as a Hearts song.

By the way, do the people who think that it's a Rangers song also think that it's a Rangers song when numerous English teams sing it?

English sing "Rule Brittania" and "God Save the Queen" but in terms of Scottish football, they are Rangers songs, so yes :sad:

I'd be interested to know what English fans include the line "up to our knees in fenian blood"?

English sing "Rule Brittania" and "God Save the Queen" but in terms of Scottish football, they are Rangers songs, so yes :sad:

I'd be interested to know what English fans include the line "up to our knees in fenian blood"?

English fans sing those songs at club games? 'K. Sound. Why?

Given that this thread is about the sanitised version of the song, your second sentence isn't of any significance, kiddo.

Guest Dipped Flake
Got to laugh.

At least now I know why you were banned before (apologies if you weren't but i think you said in another thread you were just back from a ban). I take it you have to be a 'prod' to support Hearts now??? I presume you go to church every week to proclaim your 'prodiness'??

Really, with every post you write you seem to get dafter and dafter IMO of course

Given that this thread is about the sanitised version of the song, your second sentence isn't of any significance, kiddo.

1. I didn't say English fans used those songs at club games.

2. Given that the song, sanitised version or not, is associated with the line used in my second sentence, I think it is very significant wee man.

This has nothing to do with what I8 said. My response had nothing to do with 'justifying racism' - as you well know.

I simply responded to what you said:

Come on - you must admit that statement was a little silly now. :)

Anyway I am a part time fan so will be watching the game in the boozer. :rolleyes:

How is htis for a plan. All those at the game who want to sing it and don't use any 'bad' words sing it. Everyone else sings whatever else they want.

I have yet to understand the issue with this simply plan.

Anyway - not too confident about the game itself...:(

1. I didn't say English fans used those songs at club games.

2. Given that the song, sanitised version or not, is associated with the line used in my second sentence, I think it is very significant wee man.

Doesn't matter. It is getting sung on Sunday.

Guest S.U.S.S.

No time for 90 minute racists, bigots, homophobes or xenophobes.

Is it ok to be a racist bigot, homophobe/xenophonbe 24/7 in your eyes then?;)

Guest S.U.S.S.

They dont sing the fenian line, and as the thread OP states if we dont will people sing?

coatbridgejambo

watch out pc brigade about....what ever happend to freedom of speech in this country :107years: :):hobofish::) :107years: :):hobofish::) :107years:

To elaborate on this somewhat CC

If you came up to me on Monday and told me you'd called the referee a "blind *******" at the weekend I wouldn't be able to read anything into you as a person by that action. It's clearly a hyperbole in the spirit of the atmosphere.

If you told me you'd called Ma-Kalamby a "black monkey *******" I would judge you as a racist. No matter if you told me it was only to wind up the Hobos and you didn't mean the sentiment.

Common sense approach i'm sure you can agree? And explains why I found I8's comments completely stupid.

I don't disagree with any of that. Anyway I just think your initial comment didn't really get this across .

As an aside the above does open up the old argument of what is 'allowed' as an insult and what is not.

Abuse because someone potentially has a problem that coudl lead to blindness ?

Abuse because of the colour of somebody's skin ?

Not a huge difference IMO. However it is acceptable to shout one and not the other. Even if you actually mean neither - and you are simply on the wind up.

Not saying either of the above are right or wrong - just an observation.

I just find it interesting - why I always get involved in these debates !!

English fans would sing the following:

"Hullo! Hullo! We are the Gorgie boys!"

"Hullo! Hullo! You'll know us for our noise!"

"And if you are a Hibees fan surrender or you'll die!

"We all follow the Jambos!"

So why don't we?

Guest S.U.S.S.
I don't disagree with any of that. Anyway I just think your initial comment didn't really get this across .

As an aside the above does open up the old argument of what is 'allowed' as an insult and what is not.

Abuse because someone potentially has a problem that coudl lead to blindness ?

Abuse because of the colour of somebody's skin ?

Not a huge difference IMO. However it is acceptable to shout one and not the other. Even if you actually mean neither - and you are simply on the wind up.

Not saying either of the above are right or wrong - just an observation.

I just find it interesting - why I always get involved in these debates !!

Shut it honkey ginger top.

Your white with ginger hair, hardly the worst thing to be called.

I love how some manage to drag a debate about one word in a single song to become a debate about colour. Perhaps they realised ther hostility towards the (acceptable) version was bordering on stupidity so felt it best to drag other things in. Who knows.

Romanov Stole My Pension
English fans would sing the following:

"Hullo! Hullo! We are the Gorgie boys!"

"Hullo! Hullo! You'll know us for our noise!"

"And if you are a Hibees fan surrender or you'll die!

"We all follow the Jambos!"

So why don't we?

Because that sounds p!sh

Because that sounds p!sh

Does the PC version contain a last line proclaiming that we are the "Gorgie Billy Boys"? If so, why?

They dont sing the fenian line, and as the thread OP states if we dont will people sing?

We all know what the opening post said, but most of us with a brain in our head also know that a section of fans will sing the offending line instead. We also know that it will give the usual pundits & supporters of other clubs more ammunition to have a go at our support and the SFA / SPL might have an opportunity to punish us.

That is the bigger picture and those that disagree are wrong.

..."Fact" as some people on here like to write.

King of the North
You wonder if his cosmopolitan London lifestyle has been affected by the credit crunch.

Maybe that's why the world is going to hell.

You've got some heavyweight intellectual back up with you there MJ... jeez. Couldn't resist another wee dig, could you.

Doug - you may well be a 'prod' - never heard you mention your church going activities before, but well done all the same.

Don't bring it to the football though. Leave that to the OF - we should be above that sort of thing.

Depite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on this thread, there has yet to be one post that tells us categorically why this song should be sung. There are plenty dimwits saying 'Ah'll sing what ah like', but that is not enough.

All that will be achieved by singing this song is that we will confirm for the hobos, and indeed the watching public, that we are the mini huns some of them would like to percieve us to be. Now I know that is not the case - but some so-called Hearts fans seem determined to make it so.

It won't wind anyone up except fellow Hearts fans - it certaibly won't wind the hobos up. They'll love it.

That, coupled with the fact it is a hun song and an outdated relic of the past, should be enough reasons why we should not sing it.

Miller Jambo 60
At least now I know why you were banned before (apologies if you weren't but i think you said in another thread you were just back from a ban). I take it you have to be a 'prod' to support Hearts now??? I presume you go to church every week to proclaim your 'prodiness'??

Really, with every post you write you seem to get dafter and dafter IMO of course

AND I DONT DON GREEN ON MY BODY.

And my 2 boys are Church of Scotland.

You .

Guest S.U.S.S.
We all know what the opening post said, but most of us with a brain in our head also know that a section of fans will sing the offending line instead. We also know that it will give the usual pundits & supporters of other clubs more ammunition to have a go at our support and the SFA / SPL might have an opportunity to punish us.

That is the bigger picture and those that disagree are wrong.

..."Fact" as some people on here like to write.

So those that dont agree are...

A stupid

B Wrong

and you claim others are the bigots.

So those that dont agree are...

A stupid

B Wrong

and you claim others are the bigots.

Opinions are fine and well on certain topics, but on others there is a simple difference between right and wrong. Wouldn't you agree?

Sadly it seems in this country some people have been brought up not knowing this. I'm happy to say i'm not one of them.

That's enough for me today anyway.

Shut it honkey ginger top.

Your white with ginger hair, hardly the worst thing to be called.

I love how some manage to drag a debate about one word in a single song to become a debate about colour. Perhaps they realised ther hostility towards the (acceptable) version was bordering on stupidity so felt it best to drag other things in. Who knows.

I don't have a problem with the Hibbee version though?

My comments were in relation to I8's.

Which makes your comment.......pointless:)

watch out pc brigade about....what ever happend to freedom of speech in this country :107years: :):hobofish::) :107years: :):hobofish::) :107years:

why is it everyone who bangs on about freedom of speech wants to use it to be a ******?

Guest S.U.S.S.
I don't have a problem with the Hibbee version though?

My comments were in relation to I8's.

Which makes your comment.......pointless:)

apologies, im getting posters mixed up.

In fact, if you have any problem with I8, your good in my book! :)

AND I DONT DON GREEN ON MY BODY.

And my 2 boys are Church of Scotland.

You .

what has any of that got to do with football? surely that's the same as having a minute's silence for the Pope?

Archived