Attendances. How long before Romanov does a bolt ?

Sydney from Sydney

Sydney from Sydney

With such a notable downturn in home attendances compared with the last few seasons and also the reduction in demand for season tickets I can't see Romanov building a new stand. Two years ago Tynie was regularly sold out, and even calculating 2,000 paying punters less at every home game it would seem our revenue is down by about 40k a fortnight. Not long now before something gives in Camp Vlad. I'm betting the club's sold at a knockdown price within a year to prop up U Bank.

With such a notable downturn in home attendances compared with the last few seasons and also the reduction in demand for season tickets I can't see Romanov building a new stand. Two years ago Tynie was regularly sold out, and even calculating 2,000 paying punters less at every home game it would seem our revenue is down by about 40k a fortnight. Not long now before something gives in Camp Vlad. I'm betting the club's sold at a knockdown price within a year to prop up U Bank.

What odd's did you get?

:cool:

Sydney from Sydney
What odd's did you get?

:cool:

I'd keep an eye on Paddy Power. Seems to have all things covered.

Jambof3tornado

All it takes is a few good home results and the crowd will start to grow again. The potential is there to fill the stand and some,provided you put a product on the park that people are willing to pay to see.

All it takes is a few good home results and the crowd will start to grow again. The potential is there to fill the stand and some,provided you put a product on the park that people are willing to pay to see.

Playing one up at home is not going to help!

Oh and the continued interference in team selection probably knocks about 4,000 of the attendance each week.

Agree......

However, the odds of Romanov doing that are similar to Lorenzo 'Donkey' Amoruso fitting his wedding tackle in a match box.

:(

Agree......

However, the odds of Romanov doing that are similar to Lorenzo 'Donkey' Amoruso fitting his wedding tackle in a match box.

:(

Crikey where did you dredge that analogy up from ?

I'm going down South for a wedding this weekend so i'm missing the Killie game (bothored!)

Anyway it took so long for me to give my season ticket away for the game.

You genuinely can't give a ticket away

Romano GTF ya pr*ck!

festerlehearts

well i used to have a season ticket with one of my kids to tell you the truth on a saturday we do something else dont miss it though but always lookin for the result where ever we go ,was hoping it would pick up by xmas time we were goin to get a half season ticket ,cant see any change so far , the most possitive is the fact we have a manager ,but vlad still pullin the strings ,i do hope csaba can last the pace if he goes its back to somebody like frail , i do like frail as a player but not as the boss , bit worried the fact we cant change our system when we play teams and the fact we cant play away from home ,

Robbos Right Peg
there's one man to blame for the poor season ticket sales and the quicker he ells the better

Ernie ? (sorry dont know how to copy and paste a picure of a south african golfer for comedy effect)

Guest jambomickey
Ernie ? (sorry dont know how to copy and paste a picure of a south african golfer for comedy effect)

well spotted bud haha

Clerry Jambo
Playing one up at home is not going to help!

Oh and the continued interference in team selection probably knocks about 4,000 of the attendance each week.

I would suggest the lack of quality in the squad is the main reason our season tickets and walk up punters have decreased alarmingly.

12 thousand gates will be the norm if not lower depending whether we remain in the top 3 or 4!!

AGAIN the next transfer window is massive but like the previous 4 or 5 will be a damp squib unless there is a change is policy and commitment:(

Guest jambomickey
I would suggest the lack of quality in the squad is the main reason our season tickets and walk up punters have decreased alarmingly.

12 thousand gates will be the norm if not lower depending whether we remain in the top 3 or 4!!

AGAIN the next transfer window is massive but like the previous 4 or 5 will be a damp squib unless there is a change is policy and commitment:(

how many jambos said they won't be back till vlad has gone?

Clerry Jambo

In the last decade or so Hearts have had a basic fan base of 8-10 thousand. If things are going generally ok and playing some nice stuff you can add an extra few thousand........then if we can play well and challenge the OF well you saw recently what can be achieved.

Guest jambomickey
In the last decade or so Hearts have had a basic fan base of 8-10 thousand. If things are going generally ok and playing some nice stuff you can add an extra few thousand........then if we can play well and challenge the OF well you saw recently what can be achieved.

i agree with that but the reason lots have stopped going is because we're being run by a paranoid control freak

Charlie-Brown

Record financial losses?

well i used to have a season ticket with one of my kids to tell you the truth on a saturday we do something else dont miss it though but always lookin for the result where ever we go ,was hoping it would pick up by xmas time we were goin to get a half season ticket ,cant see any change so far , the most possitive is the fact we have a manager ,but vlad still pullin the strings ,i do hope csaba can last the pace if he goes its back to somebody like frail , i do like frail as a player but not as the boss , bit worried the fact we cant change our system when we play teams and the fact we cant play away from home ,

glory hunter

Clerry Jambo
Record financial losses?

Correct - and who was to blame for that!!!!!!!

Yes ofcourse as fitba fans we luv it when the club spend a bit dosh for a better standard of player, maybe if Romanov had left it to the "Manager" to decide on the squad numbers and not fill it with overpaid dumplings then we may not be in our current predicament.

Guest Fabuloso

The hard work is generating a winning football team. Once this happens it's easier to build a fan base. We had a good thing going on a few years back which has now been eroded due to you know who. It will be much more difficult for the team to get back to where it was and the fans who have disappeared to return after all they've been exposed to. I should know, I am one of them.

I also have it on good authority that the Tynie Tigers were on Princes Street trying to give the Killie tickets away yesterday - and they were finding it tricky. I've seen a few posters blaming the credit crunch for the lower attendences which always makes me laugh. Being a fan is one thing but ignoring the reality of the situation is a crime. It's almost as annoying as Mad Vlad himself.

Charlie-Brown
Correct - and who was to blame for that!!!!!!!

Yes ofcourse as fitba fans we luv it when the club spend a bit dosh for a better standard of player, maybe if Romanov had left it to the "Manager" to decide on the squad numbers and not fill it with overpaid dumplings then we may not be in our current predicament.

Hearts have been losing money for 10-12 years not just 3 seasons under Romanov so either ticket prices & attendances aren't high enough or player wages (the biggest single cost) have been too high in relation to the money the club bring in over this whole period - or a combination of both....we need much bigger crowds(Bigger capacity) to be able to finance the cost of better players or else we need to accept our 17K maximum attendance / 12k-14k average attendance and have cheaper players.

so some fans are staying away until romanov is a gonner?

they might have a long(ish) wait.

so some fans are staying away until team interference is stopped?

when does that become apparent?

so some fans are staying away in order to send out a message to romanov that things must change for the better before they return?

he's never shown any signs so far that he's influenced by anyone bar himself.

i'm sure stay-aways have the best interest of the club at heart but is it not counter-productive with a man like romanov? all it achieves is to deny the CLUB precious funds.

it's the club that's the most important thing at the end of the day.

just a thought.

Charlie-Brown

so some fans are staying away in order to send out a message to romanov that things must change for the better before they return?

i'm sure stay-aways have the best interest of the club at heart but is it not counter-productive with a man like romanov? all it achieves is to deny the CLUB precious funds.

just a thought.

These are just people rationalising their decisions - attendances at most clubs fall away when performances are poorer and bounce back when the team is winning - this was much more noticeable in terracing days with a big walk up attendance on a weekly basis - now with most grounds being mostly season ticket holders it a season versus season thing.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
A dinny blame yeez fur no gawn, feck gawn tae watch that peeash:rolleyes:

Is English your first language?

Serious question.

Charlie-Brown

We're above your manky mob in the SPL, we beat you the last time we played and haven't lost to your lot for over a year. :)

We're above your manky mob in the SPL, we beat you the last time we played and haven't lost to your lot for over a year. :)

Aye well ye better enjoy yer wee record while it lasts coz yer gawny get pumped at ER:p

HMFCjamieHMFC

were a head of your **** team and I'm sure we average better attendances than you

Aye well ye better enjoy yer wee record while it lasts coz yer gawny get pumped at ER:p

The only pumping you lot ever do at Easter Road is pumping each other....Dogging done on a mass scale:rolleyes:

Guest Fabuloso

just a thought.

In this situation the fans have very little say in the matter. I'm all for the email, letter, diplomatic approach however let's face it this won't (hasn't) worked. I personally can't watch my football club on a Saturday when the results become secondary to the wider issue. In other words if the players aren't playing on merit then what's the point in football full stop.

Your other point about subsidising the club.......well who owns the club??

In this situation the fans have very little say in the matter. I'm all for the email, letter, diplomatic approach however let's face it this won't (hasn't) worked. I personally can't watch my football club on a Saturday when the results become secondary to the wider issue. In other words if the players aren't playing on merit then what's the point in football full stop.

Your other point about subsidising the club.......well who owns the club??

yes i know, it's him that owns the club, but what other option is there at the end of the day other than doing our own individual bit to swell the coffers of the club? what happens is nobody at all turns up?

yeah the football can be dire, yeah the peripheral issues overshadow the football on a saturday... but the over-riding necessity is surely to carry on putting our money in, if only to lessen the chances of us going teets up.

Guest Fabuloso
yes i know, it's him that owns the club, but what other option is there at the end of the day other than doing our own individual bit to swell the coffers of the club? what happens is nobody at all turns up?

yeah the football can be dire, yeah the peripheral issues overshadow the football on a saturday... but the over-riding necessity is surely to carry on putting our money in, if only to lessen the chances of us going teets up.

Have to disagree with you there. You're basically saying fans should be paying to sustain the status quo. Would it be such a bad thing if things did go pear shaped? If Vlad walked how great would that be? Maybe things need to come to a head for the long term benefit of the club. Hearts will NOT go to the wall. It just won't be allowed to happen. We're currently in a footballing wilderness with no real direction or leadership. I also think the passion is being drained from the club -as well as the fans.

Have to disagree with you there. You're basically saying fans should be paying to sustain the status quo. Would it be such a bad thing if things did go pear shaped? If Vlad walked how great would that be? Maybe things need to come to a head for the long term benefit of the club. Hearts will NOT go to the wall. It just won't be allowed to happen. We're currently in a footballing wilderness with no real direction or leadership. I also think the passion is being drained from the club -as well as the fans.

and of course i completely respect that viewpoint. i for one don't relish the thought of the status quo being the case for a long time, but neither do i fancy the thought of romanov selling up and shipping out and us going bust. you're right that the club would still survive in some form, could be without tynecastle though.

this issue will never be agreed on by everyone.

We've had a few good results - at home anyway - and the crowd's been down game on game!

I actually think the crowds have held up pretty well considering the terrible product on the park last season, the average squad we have and Vlad's continual phannying about (although it seems to have lessened somewhat this season). And when you compare the crowds to when Levein's team was walking third or JJs team was playing great football (we couldn't even sell out for the first home game after the cup win - and we beat der hun FFS!), again, I think the crowds compare favourably. How long that'll last though....

Guest Fabuloso
and of course i completely respect that viewpoint. i for one don't relish the thought of the status quo being the case for a long time, but neither do i fancy the thought of romanov selling up and shipping out and us going bust. you're right that the club would still survive in some form, could be without tynecastle though.

this issue will never be agreed on by everyone.

You're quite correct. Fans are caught in the middle of this whole thing. We've been taken for granted and it's unacceptable. We all have different ways of reacting. Reading this forum it is quite clear that most of the discussions are non-football related. That's a bad sign in my book. Conversely it does make for an interesting debate!

You're quite correct. Fans are caught in the middle of this whole thing. We've been taken for granted and it's unacceptable. We all have different ways of reacting. Reading this forum it is quite clear that most of the discussions are non-football related. That's a bad sign in my book. Conversely it does make for an interesting debate!

aye it's a pain in the bum that we have so many negative things going on but i'm hopeful we will soon see a positive story when the next accounts are out. only hopeful though, always prepared for nasty surprises.

Guest Fabuloso
We've had a few good results - at home anyway - and the crowd's been down game on game!

I actually think the crowds have held up pretty well considering the terrible product on the park last season, the average squad we have and Vlad's continual phannying about (although it seems to have lessened somewhat this season). And when you compare the crowds to when Levein's team was walking third or JJs team was playing great football (we couldn't even sell out for the first home game after the cup win - and we beat der hun FFS!), again, I think the crowds compare favourably. How long that'll last though....

The cold hard stat here is that we are down by 20% in the space of one season (based on crowds so far). That is dramatic in any clubs book. We can compare to days gone by however the key thing here is that Hearts did the hard work and got the fans on side only to let things slip.

Hearts have been losing money for 10-12 years not just 3 seasons under Romanov so either ticket prices & attendances aren't high enough or player wages (the biggest single cost) have been too high in relation to the money the club bring in over this whole period - or a combination of both....we need much bigger crowds(Bigger capacity) to be able to finance the cost of better players or else we need to accept our 17K maximum attendance / 12k-14k average attendance and have cheaper players.

100% right.

I'm going down South for a wedding this weekend so i'm missing the Killie game (bothored!)

Anyway it took so long for me to give my season ticket away for the game.

You genuinely can't give a ticket away

Romano GTF ya pr*ck!

Missing the game myself and I couldn't give my ST away

Attendances. How long before Romanov does a bolt ? ( 1 2)

Ridiculous thread - Ridiculous question.

I mean how is a fat middle aged ex cold war sub marinner going to run the 100metres in a world record time

:)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Classic use of the "I won't be back till {insert name of present owner/chief executive here} leaves" on this thread. How many times have we heard this uttered from Hearts fans?

Classic use of the "I won't be back till {insert name of present owner/chief executive here} leaves" on this thread. How many times have we heard this uttered from Hearts fans?

I've heard this phrased used so often I'm now sick of hearing it. I know the same individuals who used it in 1965, 1986, over the last two years. The ones I'm referring to are those that class themselves as being "Hearts Supporters" but only appear when things seem to be going well. The strange thing is the people i know who fall into this category, when the do appear at games, are the biggest whingers and moaner imaginable. Most of them don't actually offer "support" at all, but seem to be hellbent on only singling out players that they don't like and giving them dogs abuse. That often appears to the the only extent that their "support" goes to.

I don't think this will ever change here.

The Real Maroonblood

Correct until Romanov presses the self destruct button. Which he is a master at.

I would love to go to watch the Hearts but out of principal I have not been this season.

Basically, Romanov is taking the p!sh.

Last season was an embarassment, playing Kurkis,Benni and 28, coming out with the New Years Day statement, then he proceeded to find the only 'coach' in the world that was prepared to allow him to keep picking the team.

Throw in the tripe his nonce of a son was spewin out at the AGM and the way Frail and Banks were treated.

Not to mention the non appearance of Romanov who was too busy on a dancing programme and you can begin to see why people have refused to give this man any more of their money.

Nelly Terraces

Just as a small aside, I think we'll be lucky to see over 12thou at Tynie tomoz. Pretty depressing.

That and the news that Smeltic and Rankers will be getting the whole school end when they come here, as there's no way we will sell out our bit for those games.

I would love to go to watch the Hearts but out of principal I have not been this season.

Basically, Romanov is taking the p!sh.

Last season was an embarassment, playing Kurkis,Benni and 28, coming out with the New Years Day statement, then he proceeded to find the only 'coach' in the world that was prepared to allow him to keep picking the team.

Throw in the tripe his nonce of a son was spewin out at the AGM and the way Frail and Banks were treated.

Not to mention the non appearance of Romanov who was too busy on a dancing programme and you can begin to see why people have refused to give this man any more of their money.

Don't think Banks was treated harshly at all. Don't believe everything you hear from the press.

Spoke to him at HW - he wanted to continue playing but accepted that he was not going to be No1 by any stretch. He is training the youngsters and doing his badges. The time was right and Kello has proved that.

Reading into your posts it's fair to assume you don't like Romanov, do you go to games if you do---------why?

Sydney from Sydney

Fans are dispirited and that's all down to Romanov. I think even a run of five straight wins wouldn't fill Tynie right now. As stated previous I think he'll do a runner and might even blame the fans for the fall in attendance and use that as an excuse to flog off the club. If the bookies aren't giving odds now then it can only be a matter of time. He must be feeling the drop in revenue through the turnstyle. 40-50k a week down on the last couple of seasons means he has to find that money somewhere else. He's in the money business and even he couldn't have foreseen the crash in banking. The new stand is a pipe dream, as is his bank launch in the UK. While he helped realise the club's potential in the modern age, he won't be missed by many Hearts fans. Our future might be unclear at the present time, but it's not with Romanov.

Archived