Attendances. How long before Romanov does a bolt ?

Sydney from Sydney

Fans are dispirited and that's all down to Romanov. I think even a run of five straight wins wouldn't fill Tynie right now. As stated previous I think he'll do a runner and might even blame the fans for the fall in attendance and use that as an excuse to flog off the club. If the bookies aren't giving odds now then it can only be a matter of time. He must be feeling the drop in revenue through the turnstyle. 40-50k a week down on the last couple of seasons means he has to find that money somewhere else. He's in the money business and even he couldn't have foreseen the crash in banking. The new stand is a pipe dream, as is his bank launch in the UK. While he helped realise the club's potential in the modern age, he won't be missed by many Hearts fans. Our future might be unclear at the present time, but it's not with Romanov.[/quote

I agree the fans are dispirited with Romanov who probably believed we would win SPL,qualify for CL etc and now realising this aint going to happen are not turning out,but i'll guarantee they will be back at the sniff of a cup final or any other sign of success,also i believe under present climate if we were still under stewardship of Chris Robinson we would be in a lot more bother than we are now.

scott herbertson
i agree with that but the reason lots have stopped going is because we're being run by a paranoid control freak

I disagree

i think it is as he says.

If we were run by a paranod conrtrol freak who was winning the league for us do you think we would sell out every game?

I do

Charlie-Brown
I disagree

i think it is as he says.

If we were run by a paranod conrtrol freak who was winning the league for us do you think we would sell out every game?

I do

Regardless of whether Mercer or Pieman or Romanov are the owners of the club Hearts have always had in my time approx twice as many floating supporters who turn out for the good teams & cup finals & european games etc as we've had die-hards who turn out week in week out so our crowds have always risen & fallen approx inline with team performances & results - with season tickets this makes this an annual phenomenon as opposed to a weekly or fortnightly one...I was saying to my pal magicTs today that at the Clydebank game at tynie the week before Dens Park in 1986 the crowd was only 18 or 19K turned out when we were on the verge of winning the title yet almost 40K fans went to Hampden 2 weeks later.

I agree the fans are dispirited with Romanov who probably believed we would win SPL,qualify for CL etc and now realising this aint going to happen are not turning out,but i'll guarantee they will be back at the sniff of a cup final or any other sign of success,also i believe under present climate if we were still under stewardship of Chris Robinson we would be in a lot more bother than we are now.

Spot on.

Guest jambomickey
Reading into your posts it's fair to assume you don't like Romanov, do you go to games if you do---------why?

off course i go to the games, never miss a game and supportr heart of midlothian fc not the paranoiud control freak in lithuania

off course i go to the games, never miss a game and supportr heart of midlothian fc not the paranoiud control freak in lithuania

....and you and others that go every week are quite entitled to do so. I didn't re-new my season ticket because i'm totally pashed off with how our club is run and the way the players only perform if they can be arsed and when it suits them. Others on here would come out with some cr ap about gloryhunting but nothing can be further from the truth, if i wanted glory, i'd be doing what hundreds of other low lifes do and jump on a bus to Glezgae every week. I did go to the opening game against Motherwell and if what you read on here after that game, you'd thought we were on the verge of doing something, i wasn't too impressed, the two goals we lost was schoolboy stuff. I then went to the Airdrie Utd cup game thinking we'd see a few of the fringe players, only to be shown up against a poor Airdrie outfit, that was enough for me. Incidentaly, i was going to the Killie game today but i've thought better of it, such a shame though after hardly missing a home game in 25 years.

Guest Fabuloso
....and you and others that go every week are quite entitled to do so. I didn't re-new my season ticket because i'm totally pashed off with how our club is run and the way the players only perform if they can be arsed and when it suits them. Others on here would come out with some cr ap about gloryhunting but nothing can be further from the truth, if i wanted glory, i'd be doing what hundreds of other low lifes do and jump on a bus to Glezgae every week. I did go to the opening game against Motherwell and if what you read on here after that game, you'd thought we were on the verge of doing something, i wasn't too impressed, the two goals we lost was schoolboy stuff. I then went to the Airdrie Utd cup game thinking we'd see a few of the fringe players, only to be shown up against a poor Airdrie outfit, that was enough for me. Incidentaly, i was going to the Killie game today but i've thought better of it, such a shame though after hardly missing a home game in 25 years.

You're not alone my friend. I, along with my mates, have done the same. I laugh at the 'I'm a better fan than you' argument. You could argue the opposite given the fact we're doing something about it.

As an aside how long will it be before the 'credit crunch' is blamed for the drop in our attendances!! Love it.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Fans are dispirited and that's all down to Romanov. I think even a run of five straight wins wouldn't fill Tynie right now. As stated previous I think he'll do a runner and might even blame the fans for the fall in attendance and use that as an excuse to flog off the club. If the bookies aren't giving odds now then it can only be a matter of time. He must be feeling the drop in revenue through the turnstyle. 40-50k a week down on the last couple of seasons means he has to find that money somewhere else. He's in the money business and even he couldn't have foreseen the crash in banking. The new stand is a pipe dream, as is his bank launch in the UK. While he helped realise the club's potential in the modern age, he won't be missed by many Hearts fans. Our future might be unclear at the present time, but it's not with Romanov.

I agree with that.

And yet we're sitting two points clear in 3rd, our "natural" position. Why are we dispirited? Because Vlad is all bluster and no action. In fact, now he doesn't even bluster!

i agree with that but the reason lots have stopped going is because we're being run by a paranoid control freak

I dont know anyone who has stopped going at all...so im sorry I dont agree:cool:

Guest Fabuloso
I dont know anyone who has stopped going at all...so im sorry I dont agree:cool:

You don't have to. Look at the stats. They speak for themselves.

You don't have to. Look at the stats. They speak for themselves.

Dont panic it was only the bandwagon jumpers who vanished,but theyll be back when a slight improvement is made.

Could you put up these stats everyone goes on about..thanks!

Charlie-Brown

The fair-weather element in our support has always been approx twice as big as the regular & hardcore support that's why our crowds have always risen & fallen and why we can take much higher numbers to big games at Murrayfield & Hampden etc than we usually get at tynecastle.

Guest Fabuloso
The fair-weather element in our support has always been approx twice as big as the regular & hardcore support that's why our crowds have always risen & fallen and why we can take much higher numbers to big games at Murrayfield & Hampden etc than we usually get at tynecastle.

You're missing the point aren't you? I had a season ticket for many years and went to the majority of away games. Not any more. Does this make me less of a fan now? I think by going to games you are almost condoning what Romanov has done. This thing needs to break before it can be fixed.

Pleae drop the 'I'm a better fan than you' debate. It's laughable.

Guest Fabuloso
Dont panic it was only the bandwagon jumpers who vanished,but theyll be back when a slight improvement is made.

For stats please look at the home attendances. You can get these on the Hearts website. I think you'll find the answer there.

Charlie-Brown
You're missing the point aren't you? I had a season ticket for many years and went to the majority of away games. Not any more. Does this make me less of a fan now? I think by going to games you are almost condoning what Romanov has done. This thing needs to break before it can be fixed.

Pleae drop the 'I'm a better fan than you' debate. It's laughable.

Who said anybody is a better fan than anybody but if you've stopped going to games then you can't count yourself as a diehard or regular supporter as these guys go every / most weeks.....at best your a lapsed or occassional supporter now.

Guest Fabuloso
Who said anybody is a better fan than anybody but if you've stopped going to games then you can't count yourself as a diehard or regular supporter as these guys go every / most weeks.....at best your a lapsed or occassional supporter now.

Fine. If that's the label you want to use then so be it. As I've said before we (the fans) are all victims of the current scenario. I just don't understand how you can watch a team which we all know isn't picked on merit. I couls argue that I have made a bigger sacrifice than most by not going - however I won't.

Anyway shouldn't you be at the game?

Ha,Ha,Ha,man your something else,this from someone who STOPPED going to the games himself when things got a bit tight under CPR.

Aye you most certainly are what would be described as a glory hunter if ever there was one.

Charlie-Brown
Fine. If that's the label you want to use then so be it. As I've said before we (the fans) are all victims of the current scenario. I just don't understand how you can watch a team which we all know isn't picked on merit. I couls argue that I have made a bigger sacrifice than most by not going - however I won't.

Anyway shouldn't you be at the game?

You just assume that the team isn't picked on merit.

I have a good parking spot in merchiston which is only a 10 minute drive from my house so I don't need to leave until about 2.15-2.20pm :)

Guest Fabuloso
You just assume that the team isn't picked on merit.

I have a good parking spot in merchiston which is only a 10 minute drive from my house so I don't need to leave until about 2.15-2.20pm :)

Yup - I also just assume that Burley got the sack after leading the jambos to the top of the table, etc, etc,etc,etc,etc

Sydney from Sydney
I agree with that.

And yet we're sitting two points clear in 3rd, our "natural" position. Why are we dispirited? Because Vlad is all bluster and no action. In fact, now he doesn't even bluster!

Romanov knows he's been found out. I don't think we'll see much of him in Edinburgh again.

Ha,Ha,Ha,man your something else,this from someone who STOPPED going to the games himself when things got a bit tight under CPR.

Aye you most certainly are what would be described as a glory hunter if ever there was one.

Glory hunter???? We won the cup!

It most certainly wasnt because of team performances,it was to rid us of the tyrant pieman.

Glory hunter???? We won the cup!

It most certainly wasnt because of team performances,it was to rid us of the tyrant pieman.

Hmm,how moral of you,so now whats the difference to loads of supporters doing the same under this tyrant.

Think very carefully before you post your pesh about other supporters and the reasons they don't go anymore.

Hmm,how moral of you,so now whats the difference to loads of supporters doing the same under this tyrant.

Think very carefully before you post your pesh about other supporters and the reasons they don't go anymore.

I dont mind Romanov,as in my own opinion hes better than the one we got rid of,as he is not selling the ground for development.

I dont think hes the answer but until an alternative offer is put on the table theres not a lot can be done.

And I thank you for keeping me right on posting:rolleyes: How have I got through the years without you:rolleyes:

I dont mind Romanov,as in my own opinion hes better than the one we got rid of,as he is not selling the ground for development.

I dont think hes the answer but until an alternative offer is put on the table theres not a lot can be done.

And I thank you for keeping me right on posting:rolleyes: How have I got through the years without you:rolleyes:

THATS YOUR OPINION,don't try and rip into others who are doing the exact same(so you say)as you did,you seem to think that it's only golry hunters who are peshed of and gone away,your wrong,very wrong.

As for redevelopment,we'll see.

THATS YOUR OPINION,don't try and rip into others who are doing the exact same(so you say)as you did,you seem to think that it's only golry hunters who are peshed of and gone away,your wrong,very wrong.

Yes it is my opinion if its okay with you Mr Cyber toughy!

And please dont instruct me what to post or what not,also!

Whats a golry hunter:p

At the time of your abandonment of the team, there wasn't an alternative offer on the table and there wasn't a lot that could be done then.

What is the difference between those lads that have stopped going because of VR and your stopping going because of CPR?

At the time of your abandonment of the team, there wasn't an alternative offer on the table and there wasn't a lot that could be done then.

What is the difference between those lads that have stopped going because of VR and your stopping going because of CPR?

Nothing whatsoever,but at least we did something about it and never sat in a chat room and did absolutly nothing!!! Apart from being "the all talk" gang:cool:

And we WON...so if your so concerned get aff your jacksy and do something:rolleyes:

Guest jambomickey

that's because you've got vlad glasses on

that's because you've got vlad glasses on

Oooo thats an adult answer:rolleyes: And your another one...shouting from the rafters about Romanov and wont do a thing about it...Mickey,right enough...Mouse!

p.s. Ive had laser treatment:p

Guest jambomickey
Oooo thats an adult answer:rolleyes: And your another one...shouting from the rafters about Romanov and wont do a thing about it...Mickey,right enough...Mouse!

p.s. Ive had laser treatment:p

your in the minority! most hearts fans have seen through what's happening at hearts, eggo egg head

your in the minority! most hearts fans have seen through what's happening at hearts, eggo egg head

So have I young lady,but people are tired of listening to your DAILY tripe on one subject.

The minority of what?

p.s. eggos eggheads was the name of my quiz team:p

Nothing whatsoever,but at least we did something about it and never sat in a chat room and did absolutly nothing!!! Apart from being "the all talk" gang:cool:

And we WON...so if your so concerned get aff your jacksy and do something:rolleyes:

You won?

How exactly did you win? What part did you personally play in getting VR on board?

How does abandoning your team mean you won?

You did absolutely everything..... on a Saturday afternoon, apart from watch Hearts.

You abandoned your team remember.

You won?

How exactly did you win? What part did you personally play in getting VR on board?

How does abandoning your team mean you won?

You did absolutely everything..... on a Saturday afternoon, apart from watch Hearts.

You abandoned your team remember.

Vlad on board???? absolutly nothing on that! Removing fat ####...yes!

You know nothing of me boycotting games...because if you did,you would know I actually didnt,so now you know.

I along with others were outside distributng flyers etc. But keep this to yourself....we all went in late and hid:p

Archived