Hatkickers and Hatkickers kickers

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
The eternally ungrateful will never thank Vlad for saving the club but that is up to them.

I have to admit that I admire him, he makes his mistakes but he keeps bouncing back. He is a winner.

How did he save the "Club"?

He has only shown how to be a loser since May 2006.

Christ, why am I replying to this guy...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The eternally ungrateful will never thank Vlad for saving the club but that is up to them.

I have to admit that I admire him, he makes his mistakes but he keeps bouncing back. He is a winner.

He is only a winner in a League where hic club is the Lithuanian equivilent of Celtic or Rangers.

As things stand in this Country he is really no better than CPR.

But I honestly believe that the current set-up is as good as we'll get under Romanov, he'll always insist on input into team affairs.

I think for me this is the worst thing, I see it on here all the time, the idea that this is the best we'll get under Romanov. It's a tacit acceptance that we are mediocre, that Vlad will interfere, that players from Kaunas/Ripo are somehow the way to go and that's alright because theres nothing we can do.

It always seems to be settling for whatever we can get rather than aiming to get what we want - they players we want, the managers we want etc - really because Vlad has a plan which isn't working but he can't or won't revise it.

Before anyone asks I don't know what a suitable alternative is, identifying a problem doesn't mean you know what the remedy is and I don't mean this to have a go at Martin or anyone else who has said this, I know it's the case as it currently is - it just makes me sad.

siegementality
I fail to believe for one minute that the timing in all of this was coincidence. He clearly put an infrastructure and team together he didnt want, but knew it would get him full control. Once he got full control he said GTF to the lot of them

This whole sorry saga in a nutshell.

He seems to have either settled down or lost interest. However, I think the next big thing with Vlad is to see what happens with the stadium. If it falls through, he might cut his loses, you never know. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing for the club, to be honest. I’m glad his ranting is over for now, and who knows, we may be spared the abominable AGM diatribes of the clueless Rodney.

I just got incredibly fed up with him and his idiot son, but now that Csaba is here, I feel quite good about Hearts again. Say what you want about our new manager, at least it looks like he cares. This season, I’d be delighted with a European spot or a cup final.

The football side of things seems to hinge of the stadium. The purse strings have tightened to a degree, but he seems happy to have Csaba. And Csaba seems able to handle Vlad (I hope). A semi-decent team could walk into Europe. For what it’s worth, I think we’re about 3 players away from being a good team.

Am I hopeful for the future?

Right now I’m just looking forward to Saturday, and all the things that it brings to me.

Buffalo Bill

He's (NBJT, that is) right with the "no alternative" bit though and I doubt he's any more of a loser than most of us on here.

Calm doon.

How do you know?

There was no alternative when we initially wanted Robinson out.

J.T.F.Robertson
How do you know?

There was no alternative when we initially wanted Robinson out.

Well if there was one, he/they were taking their sweet time in making theselves known.

Call it an educated guess.

alwaysthereinspirit
Lets all jump on the 'doom merchants' bandwagon......'He has a plan but it changes daily' FFS get a grip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about my opinion not mirroring yours as far as Mad is concerned.

Please enlighten me in the ways of the wise by explaining the plan to me because from here I'm just not getting it.

Also stop swearing at me. I dont swear at you everytime you're a twerp.:P

Well if there was one, he/they were taking their sweet time in making theselves known.

Call it an educated guess.

Why would they? There are no protests or notice of intention to sell by Vlad

J.T.F.Robertson
Why would they? There are no protests or notice of intention to sell by Vlad

I see, you mean now. I thought when you mentioned Robinson, you were referring to 3 or 4 years ago.

If they were as scarce as hen's teeth then, I doubt, with the way the economy has shifted since, (if that even has a bearing) they'd be around now.

I see, you mean now. I thought when you mentioned Robinson, you were referring to 3 or 4 years ago.

If they were as scarce as hen's teeth then, I doubt, with the way the economy has shifted since, (if that even has a bearing) they'd be around now.

Possibly correct - it isnt stopping Newcastle fans though

My point initially was - when the Robinson protests first started there was no-one on the sidelines, not that we knew of.

So to suggest that we have no other option but to stick with Romanov on the no other show in town argument doesnt hold much ground, because I'm pretty certain most making that argument now protested at Robinson when there was no other show in town.

I've made the point a few times but never had any sort of response to it.

I guess there isnt really one to be made....

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

My point initially was - when the Robinson protests first started there was no-one on the sidelines, not that we knew of.

So to suggest that we have no other option but to stick with Romanov on the no other show in town argument doesnt hold much ground, because I'm pretty certain most making that argument now protested at Robinson when there was no other show in town.

There was also nobody waiting in the wings when the entire shed was belting out "Mercer must go" as we were being pasted 3-1 at home to Airdrie. Six months later the club was officially for sale.

If you look at Romanov from an objective point of view then we are mad to still have faith in him:

Appoints a manager who takes team to 1st place. Sacks him. Anderton also leaves.

Appoints a manager who spent time in jail for having sex with an underage girl and has a very poor record in management. Sacks him.

Signs 11 players in one months including 7(?) in one day. One of them signs for Hearts' record transfer fee. Most of the players hardly play and are moved on.

Appoints a manager from Lithuania. Sacks him.

Goes through a series of other people who do very poorly results wise.

January statement-"new manager will be appointed" etc. Appears to chase one manager for six months and when he eventually turns Hearts down there appears to be no back-up plan.

Pressley leaves on a free despite being captain.

Gordon dropped for games despite being easily the best goalkeeper in the squad.

Many ridiculous statements to the press.

Despite all of this and more Hearts got 2nd place and won the Scottish Cup in Romanov's first full season.

Things get increasingly worse culminating in an 8th place finish in the league. The worst placing for years.

Yet, Romanov appoints new manager-Csaba and suddenly I have optimism again. He has had numerous "last chances" to make things right. If he sacks Csaba unfairly then I think I will lose all faith in the possibility of us ever having a proper manager in control under Romanov.

The one thing that probably keeps some of us hopeful is what we managed to achieve in 2005/06 even with all the mistakes that Romanov made. Things appear to have improved recently and I can only hope that this will continue.

I'll probably always have some optimism about Hearts despite logic suggesting that we will never again reach the level of Burley whilst Romanov is in charge. I could be very negative about everything but I won't be. We have Tynecastle and we have an owner who has the potential to make us progress. That, for the time being, is enough for me to continue to have some hope.

If he had lost interest he would not have brought in Csaba.

Do you think his level of interest is still the same as it was duting 2005/2006 ?

gorgie rd eh11

The robinson situation was different, Hearts were losing everything they had other than their name. Poeple didn't care whether anyone was on the sidelines when it came to robinson, he had to go after bankrupting the club.

You don't have to stick with Romanov. Do something about it.

This point has made a few times but....

Francis Albert
I'll probably always have some optimism about Hearts despite logic suggesting that we will never again reach the level of Burley whilst Romanov is in charge. I could be very negative about everything but I won't be. We have Tynecastle and we have an owner who has the potential to make us progress. That, for the time being, is enough for me to continue to have some hope.

It is as much or more than we have had for 40 years. And most of the previous 90.

I don't know where the idea comes from that there is an alternative non-Romanov universe in which Hearts lead an untroubled existence of continuous progress and an expectation of Burley like successs extending beyond the first quarter of a season.

If he had lost interest he would not have brought in Csaba.

But surely the appointment of Csaba displays at least a slight willingness from Vlad to take more of a back seat?

When was the last time we publicly heard anything from Vlad? Compare this season to any given month from Nov 04 - May 08.

Buffalo Bill

Francis Albert
Do you think his level of interest is still the same as it was duting 2005/2006 ?

People wanted him to keep a lower profile. He has. But now it's "losing interest".

People wanted him to keep a lower profile. He has. But now it's "losing interest".

By losing interest I mean :

Is he still as keen to make Hearts 'winners' ?

Do you think he is ?

But surely the appointment of Csaba displays at least a slight willingness from Vlad to take more of a back seat?

When was the last time we publicly heard anything from Vlad? Compare this season to any given month from Nov 04 - May 08.

Buffalo Bill

Well so far this season he has referred to the mafia in Scottish football at the SFA, referees, players etc. And he has questioned the viability of the Tynecastle redevelopment. However, he did suggest that with Laszlo in place he might not have to get so involved in the first team :eek:. I am not sure whether all this shows that VR is any more or less interested ...

Francis Albert
By losing interest I mean :

Is he still as keen to make Hearts 'winners' ?

Do you think he is ?

Yes. The Csaba appointment is evidence. I think he probably understands that making Hearts "winners" is a much bigger task than he assumed (and yes I know he has contributed hugely to increasing the difficulty) and I think his definition of Hearts "winning" is probably more realistic than it was.

Yes. The Csaba appointment is evidence. I think he probably understands that making Hearts "winners" is a much bigger task than he assumed (and yes I know he has contributed hugely to increasing the difficulty) and I think his definition of Hearts "winning" is probably more realistic than it was.

Are you suggesting he now concedes that the winning the SPL Title is outwith lhis limits ?

No. I just don't know.

One look at the standard of our signings over the last 2 years surely tells you that any attempts at putting together a team to win the SPL has been shelved.

One look at the standard of our signings over the last 2 years surely tells you that any attempts at putting together a team to win the SPL has been shelved.

Either that or we were losing money left right and through the middle trying to win the SPL one way, so we decided to take on a different tactic.

How well we do with this new tactis remains to be seen.

Either that or we were losing money left right and through the middle trying to win the SPL one way, so we decided to take on a different tactic.

I think that losing money was a key factor in the change of tactics.

I think everything in Season 1 was geared towards CL Football and as we failed to make it the investment in the team slowly dwindled to Free Transfers and Loanees only.

We won't ever win the SPL with Free Transfers and Loanees.

Chad Sexington

I think that's more like it TBH.

Vlad tried to blitz the SPL in one season with a load of big money players. Thanks to his mis-management, it failed.

I'm no economic wizard, but surely there is no way a club with our revenue stream could have continued to pay that kind of money over any length of time.

The focus is now on youth. Let's hope our academy, scouts and coaches are up to the job.

The robinson situation was different, Hearts were losing everything they had other than their name. Poeple didn't care whether anyone was on the sidelines when it came to robinson, he had to go after bankrupting the club.

You don't have to stick with Romanov. Do something about it.

This point has made a few times but....

Its not a call to arms, just a response to a much repeated debate point / opinion.

Robinson was seeking to move us away from Tynecastle clearing nearly all of our debt. Robinson didnt bankrupt the club - at least he had an open and obvious plan to do something about it, whether it was right or wrong

Romanov has pushed us much closer to bankruptcy from a figures point of view than Robinson ever did. No way was Tynecastle worth anywhere near ?36m or whatever our debt maxed out at.

We dont even know yet if the Gordon transfer fee has been accounted for on our books in full for goodness sake

As it stands we have pulled in more in transfer fees in the last 2 years that at any other stage in our history, and we remain at around the same debt level we were at before Romanov came along.

Anyway, to simply say we cant protest because there is nobody else around is a hollow debate point.

No. I just don't know.

He's confirmed in an interview it isnt his intention.

That's fine - at least we know where we stand, on the football front anyway

I think that losing money was a key factor in the change of tactics.

I think everything in Season 1 was geared towards CL Football and as we failed to make it the investment in the team slowly dwindled to Free Transfers and Loanees only.

We won't ever win the SPL with Free Transfers and Loanees.

That sucess and money spent in that season was for nothing as we never brought in the right players in the pre season to up the level for the CL Q games. The Prague draw was pretty unlucky as well.

What can win the SPL DH?

History shows that its not an easy thing to do. Cant even remember what year it was when an non OF team won it :sad:

Would we have won the league under Burley? Who knows - but my opinion was if we could manage to get to the Jan window and have the right calibre player brought in - we would have had a chance.

Can recall JJ coming a little short in 97/98. That team was built on buying the good players in Scotland outwith the OF - mixing that with good experience and home grown players - we were not far away.

Problem is now clubs outwith the OF with players on a decent length of contract can command a very good fee - one that Hearts IMO will not pay.

Home grown talent, coupled with good experienced players, with players brought in from good contacts on the continent who are not here for an easy contract will get us further up the table than we are.

Can we win the SPL?

**** knows, but if the basics are not in place - you got no chance.

That sucess and money spent in that season was for nothing as we never brought in the right players in the pre season to up the level for the CL Q games. The Prague draw was pretty unlucky as well.

What can win the SPL DH?

History shows that its not an easy thing to do. Cant even remember what year it was when an non OF team won it :sad:

Would we have won the league under Burley? Who knows - but my opinion was if we could manage to get to the Jan window and have the right calibre player brought in - we would have had a chance.

Can recall JJ coming a little short in 97/98. That team was built on buying the good players in Scotland outwith the OF - mixing that with good experience and home grown players - we were not far away.

Problem is now clubs outwith the OF with players on a decent length of contract can command a very good fee - one that Hearts IMO will not pay.

Home grown talent, coupled with good experienced players, with players brought in from good contacts on the continent who are not here for an easy contract will get us further up the table than we are.

Can we win the SPL?

**** knows, but if the basics are not in place - you got no chance.

You need a good Manager who has complete control of team affairs.

You need him to have lot's of money to spend.

Without either of the above the chances of winning the SPL are zero.

Its not a call to arms, just a response to a much repeated debate point / opinion.

Robinson was seeking to move us away from Tynecastle clearing nearly all of our debt. Robinson didnt bankrupt the club - at least he had an open and obvious plan to do something about it, whether it was right or wrong

Romanov has pushed us much closer to bankruptcy from a figures point of view than Robinson ever did. No way was Tynecastle worth anywhere near ?36m or whatever our debt maxed out at.

We dont even know yet if the Gordon transfer fee has been accounted for on our books in full for goodness sake

As it stands we have pulled in more in transfer fees in the last 2 years that at any other stage in our history, and we remain at around the same debt level we were at before Romanov came along.

Anyway, to simply say we cant protest because there is nobody else around is a hollow debate point.

If we had went to MF we still would have been left with a debt of around ?5m. The original amount being offered was dependent on planning permssion for houses that were as tall as the floodnights - it was never going to happen to the extent that we would have received a loss less than the money proposed.

As for Robinson's open and honest plan - like Tynecastle Not fit for Purpose.

If we had moved to MF then we would not have been able to pay the wages of Pressley, Webster, Gordon (even pre Romanov contract) or Hartley on the crowds we would have witnessed and they would have been sold at a fraction of what say Gordon or Hartley were worth.

The debt in real terms next year will be approx the same as it was when VR took over. Circa ?23/24m.

At least we have a SC win in the bag and we are still playing at Tynie.

Also if we were still in debt to HBOS how long would they given us to re-pay debt in today's climate?

If we had went to MF we still would have been left with a debt of around ?5m. The original amount being offered was dependent on planning permssion for houses that were as tall as the floodnights - it was never going to happen to the extent that we would have received a loss less than the money proposed.

As for Robinson's open and honest plan - like Tynecastle Not fit for Purpose.

If we had moved to MF then we would not have been able to pay the wages of Pressley, Webster, Gordon (even pre Romanov contract) or Hartley on the crowds we would have witnessed and they would have been sold at a fraction of what say Gordon or Hartley were worth.

The debt in real terms next year will be approx the same as it was when VR took over. Circa ?23/24m.

At least we have a SC win in the bag and we are still playing at Tynie.

Also if we were still in debt to HBOS how long would they given us to re-pay debt in today's climate?

Again - not saying we were wrong to get rid of him.

Just that when the protest process started there was no other show in town.

It is wrong not to want somebody to GTF solely on the basis there is no other apparent show in town - there's a missing link in the chain

Again - not saying we were wrong to get rid of him.

Just that when the protest process started there was no other show in town.

It is wrong not to want somebody to GTF solely on the basis there is no other apparent show in town - there's a missing link in the chain

Probably still no other show in town.

But I honestly believe that the current set-up is as good as we'll get under Romanov' date=' he'll always insist on input into team affairs.

I think for me this is the worst thing, I see it on here all the time, the idea that this is the best we'll get under Romanov. It's a tacit acceptance that we are mediocre, that Vlad will interfere, that players from Kaunas/Ripo are somehow the way to go and that's alright because theres nothing we can do.

It always seems to be settling for whatever we can get rather than aiming to get what we want - they players we want, the managers we want etc - really because Vlad has a plan which isn't working but he can't or won't revise it.

Before anyone asks I don't know what a suitable alternative is, identifying a problem doesn't mean you know what the remedy is and I don't mean this to have a go at Martin or anyone else who has said this, I know it's the case as it currently is - it just makes me sad.

I don't agree with the way the club is run Jambomo. There has undoubtedly been favoritism towards Kaunas players during Vlad's tenure, our player recruitment policy is flawed and Vlad having any input in team selection is unacceptable.

However my point is, that without the means to buy Vlad our or seemingly the collective will amongst the support to protest, there isn't a lot we can do about it. Hence Csaba, with 70% control or whatever it is he has, is about as good as we can hope for under the current regime.

Yes.

You need a good Manager who has complete control of team affairs.

You need him to have lot's of money to spend.

Without either of the above the chances of winning the SPL are zero.

Supporters at every club expect the chairman to bankroll their club, for the chairman to give all his money away. It is a bit unrealistic.

Yes.

So it's just pure coincidence that he's hardly been at Tynecastle since that Season ended ?

Supporters at every club expect the chairman to bankroll their club, for the chairman to give all his money away. It is a bit unrealistic.

I completely agree.

But how else did HE think he was going to achieve his high aspirations ?

Also HE was more than happy to through his money about throughout 2005/2006.

HE was the one who raised the fans hopes with his lavish spending.

In hindsight he should have been a bit more sensible with his game plan.

So it's just pure coincidence that he's hardly been at Tynecastle since that Season ended ?

I completely agree.

But how else did HE think he was going to achieve his high aspirations ?

Also HE was more than happy to through his money about throughout 2005/2006.

HE was the one who raised the fans hopes with his lavish spending.

In hindsight he should have been a bit more sensible with his game plan.

Vlad has left others to run the club as he has many business interests, I bet he is never off the phone to Csaba and co though to make sure everything is ok. :)

Yes, he likes to blow his own trumpet, he can be boastful at times. He is some guy. :)

His heart is in the right place and I think we will have a good season. All thanks to Vlad. :)

Vlad has left others to run the club as he has many business interests, I bet he is never off the phone to Csaba and co though to make sure everything is ok. :)

Yes, he likes to blow his own trumpet, he can be boastful at times. He is some guy. :)

His heart is in the right place and I think we will have a good season. All thanks to Vlad. :)

:rolleyes:

Just the sort of response I expected.

:rolleyes:

Just the sort of response I expected.

Just checking DH - Are you still coming to our monthly 'Vlad is King' meeting this Sat?

12.30 usual place.

;)

Francis Albert

Shelved maybe, but hardly proof that the ambition has gone. Maybe as others have suggested there is perhaps a longer term and maybe more realistic ambition.

Just checking DH - Are you still coming to our monthly 'Vlad is King' meeting this Sat?

12.30 usual place.

;)

I'm going to support Hearts at Tynecastle on Saturday.

Enjoy your meeting at the 'usual place' :-

phone_box_2.jpg

Shelved maybe, but hardly proof that the ambition has gone. Maybe as others have suggested there is perhaps a longer term and maybe more realistic ambition.

The ambition to win the SPL has gone.

If they won't heavily invest in the squad then in reality we will struggle to be better than the rest.

The last 2 Seasons have proved that.

Francis Albert

If they won't heavily invest in the squad then in reality we will struggle to be better than the rest.

The last 134 seasons have proved that. So you want heavy investment in the squad and a resumption of spiralling debt levels?

I really doubt that the ambition has gone. It never did before. Realistic expectations are something else.

Nucky Thompson
I'm going to support Hearts at Tynecastle on Saturday.

Enjoy your meeting at the 'usual place' :-

phone_box_2.jpg

You should maybe have used a different word:rolleyes:

But you have slated VR in the past for the debt!!!!!!! If he invests heavily in the squad the debt will rise!

As I have said before, you should move on as you are NEVER going to be happy at Tynecastle!

The last 134 seasons have proved that. So you want heavy investment in the squad and a resumption of spiralling debt levels?

I really doubt that the ambition has gone. It never did before. Realistic expectations are something else.

If VR is refusing to put his money where his ridiculously large mouth is then we won't win the SPL.

But it wan't me who barked on about us being Champions and how we wouldn't lose matches 5-0 ever again.

By refusing to invest heavily it is an admission that any aspirations VR had of winning the SPL have now gone.

If anyone thinks we'll make even the slightest challenge by continuing our current recruiment policy then they off they're frickin head.

No money for players = no ambition.

But you have slated VR in the past for the debt!!!!!!! If he invests heavily in the squad the debt will rise!

As I have said before, you should move on as you are NEVER going to be happy at Tynecastle!

You don't read very well.

I'm not slating him for not spending money !!

I'm merely pointing out that his ambitions of winning the SPL have gone.

2 completely different things.

Archived