Hatkickers and Hatkickers kickers

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

This is a genuine question by the way...

There appears to be two main groups now: those that are opposed to Romanov and those that are sick of hearing about it. Hatkickers v Hatkickers kickers.

Is there anybody out there who still genuinely believes Romanov is doing a good job, that the club will prosper under his watch, that he has, in other words, a plan?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im blindly optomistic about it mate. Keep thinking we'll turn the corner and have a good feeling about recent events.

I'm thick though so should maybe be discounted!

If Hearts appear to be prospering then I don't think it is down to VR doing a good job.

I think there is a lot more to it than that.

Thankfully, we have some pretty sound people at Hearts, who, I believe are trying to sway the ****ing lunatic into some common sense decisions.

The apparent lull in madness means nothing to me & I find that frustrating. I think we have a really decent manager who is prepared to work along with VR. Indeed, he is seems ideally suited for the challenge. He seems to be able to placate VR & still put motivate the players and put out a decent team.

But it's like sitting on a timebomb with the mad ****.

We shall see.

Nucky Thompson

I think we would be fecked without him and I'm still eternally grateful to him for pulling us out the sh*t.

There appears to be two main groups now: those that are opposed to Romanov and those that are sick of hearing about it. Hatkickers v Hatkickers kickers.

Is there anybody out there who still genuinely believes Romanov is doing a good job, that the club will prosper under his watch, that he has, in other words, a plan?

Ha ha ha.

Nice post mate.

I think some people just jump past the "Is he any good", to "We cant do anything about it".

If you say we cant do anything about it and use that as the justification behind defending him, that cant be right.

First point. Is he doing a good job.

Second point. If he is not, can anything be done about it

He is doing an absolutely gash job AND we cant do anything about it. I'm fine with this. Romanov will go in his own time and we will never as fan base unite against him unless he bankrupts us and by then it will be too late

So my approach is lower my expectations. Expect to see a mid-table team when I go and watch them, expect to see obvious signs of Vlad decisions in the team, and expect the resulting not performing to our maximum potential whilst he is around.

Accept we will not have any true measure of success.

Hope that Vlad doesnt intend to do anything other than sell us on, when he gets too old to bully people. Hope he doesnt have the longevity of Mugabe.

I left Falkirk relatively non-plussed. Falkirk were better than us last season and they beat us at home on Saturday. We're not challenging for anything so it hasnt dented any run or challenge.

Come on here for some sport and banter.

Jobs a good'un

As neither a hatkicker or hatkicker kicker I have no real optimistic or pessimistic view of the Romanov ownership. I guess my main feeliing is that at the moment there is no real alternative, there is no visible line up of persons wishing to buy Heart of Midlothian F.C. I have some fairly positive feelings about Csaba, I think he is capable of bringing us some success. Whether Vlad a) picks the team,B) has some input c) has nothing to do with any of the first two I don't know.

The one thing that cannot be denied is it has been quite a ride from Tynie being sold for flats, to the Burley situation, followed by the Pressley et all hubbub, to Banks, to who knows what next. It has sure been attention getting.

My main concern is the split it has caused among Hearts fans. In truth there are in my opinion more than two groups, opinions are so diverse regarding this regime two groups would never be enough.

I see one group, (and I refer strictly to opinions on JKB and do not refer to the entire Hearts support) who defend Vlad very staunchly, but even they admit to some problems. I see another group in which I most likely slot myself. We don't agree with all the decisions, but some such as the Csaba appointment we are prepared to give it a fair chance. Then there are the group who disagre with most of the Vlad decisions but are prepared to give things a chance and balance the mostly positive give it a chance group.

The group I find most difficult to understand or assess are the because it is a Romanov decision it must be bad, there is no middle ground, but in fairness to them their hearts are probably in the right place as far as Hearts are concerned.

The last group to me are a bit of a miscellany, the Vlad GTF, the he must be lousy because he is Lithuanian, even if the individual is actually a citizen of another country and only plays for a team in Lithuania. Then there are a small minority who may be Hearts supporters but it is hard to believe when one reads their negative comments. Then of course their are the lesser beings who are followers of another local team and get a sadistic and slightly inane pleasure of writing crap while pretending they are a Hearts supporter.

l

Ha ha ha.

Nice post mate.

I think some people just jump past the "Is he any good", to "We cant do anything about it".

If you say we cant do anything about it and use that as the justification behind defending him, that cant be right.

First point. Is he doing a good job.

Second point. If he is not, can anything be done about it

He is doing an absolutely gash job AND we cant do anything about it. I'm fine with this. Romanov will go in his own time and we will never as fan base unite against him unless he bankrupts us and by then it will be too late

So my approach is lower my expectations. Expect to see a mid-table team when I go and watch them, expect to see obvious signs of Vlad decisions in the team, and expect the resulting not performing to our maximum potential whilst he is around.

Accept we will not have any true measure of success.

Hope that Vlad doesnt intend to do anything other than sell us on, when he gets too old to bully people. Hope he doesnt have the longevity of Mugabe.

I left Falkirk relatively non-plussed. Falkirk were better than us last season and they beat us at home on Saturday. We're not challenging for anything so it hasnt dented any run or challenge.

Come on here for some sport and banter.

Jobs a good'un

Pretty much sums me up also.

I am a Hearts supporter.

I dont care who the owner is.

If we do well.................. great

If we do pash................. tough

Though we sometimes go down.

We can aye go back up.

Thats football .

:)

Today we are hovering.

;)

No point in getting the knickers in a twist

I'd say there was a third group of FenceSitters, I know he makes a hell of a lot of mistakes but he does a lot of good stuff too, I just wish he'd see the potential of what's there for not a lot of investment, but hey maybe one day he might wake up and realise :rolleyes:

I think he has done more good than bad but the bad is very bad if you get my drift.

If he pulls off this stadium malarky then great- Until then I will sit tight and watch with interest. If he does not build it then that will be it for me.

However although he has knocked us down on so many occassions - he put us up there in the 1st place.

Two things that someone has done right at Hearts is the focus on youth players with regards to their development and the importance given in promoting the club to young fans. Both vital in my book for the long term future of the club on and off the pitch.

I am a Hearts supporter.

I dont care who the owner is.

If we do well.................. great

If we do pash................. tough

Though we sometimes go down.

We can aye go back up.

Thats football .

Summed up perfectly.

I am cautiously optimistic with Csaba in charge.

Summed up perfectly.

I am cautiously optimistic with Csaba in charge.

Thats how I would describe it too.I like what I have seen and heard from him so far.

Also, is it just me or have things "saned" out a bit since Charlie Mann was disposed of...?

Francis Albert

Relative to previous owners, he is doing so far a better than average job. He is an egomaniac, but then why else would he have bought an underperforming, bankrupt club playing in the third tier of European football. It is a huge risk but by doing something different from what has failed for decades he offers some hope.

The numbers "opposed to Romanov" are greatly exaggerated, partly due to the dominance on JKB of a handful of posters with apparently limitless time on their hands. .

Relative to previous owners, he is doing so far a better than average job. He is an egomaniac, but then why else would he have bought an underperforming, bankrupt club playing in the third tier of European football. It is a huge risk but by doing something different from what has failed for decades he offers some hope.

The numbers "opposed to Romanov" are greatly exaggerated, partly due to the dominance on JKB of a handful of posters with apparently limitless time on their hands. .

Correct!

We have already achieved the most we ever will do under Romanov. If we can somehow muddle by to get a 3rd or 4th place finish and therefore a couple of games in Europe then that will be great.

I believe the club is moving in the right direction under Romanov albeit with the odd detour along the way but we need to take a long term view.

Without Romanov we wouldn't have a stadium, who knows where we would be playing. I for one want to stay at Tynecastle.

We are all aware of the managerial merry-go-round that has been in place but I think in Csaba, Romanov has found someone who can both improve the team, manage the players & coaching staff AND handle Romanov's own need to be involved more than is traditional in Scotland. I also think that we are at the forefront of a trend towards "hands-on" football club ownership.

If the new stadium comes to pass, the academy continues to bear fruit and the debt continues to reduce then we will be well set to consistently challenge for domestic and possibly European honours in the coming years.

Then there is another little group who only appear when there is bad news going about, or in order to poo-poo some bit of good news. God knows why but there seem to be a few posters who wallow in despair...They also post like crazy on all the threads,whether relevant or not, at these times.

I'l always be grateful to him for allowing us to stay in our home,but i'l always believe he interferes and always will,just hope Shabba can put up with it and no leave us like everyone else has

I think he has done more good than bad but the bad is very bad if you get my drift.

If he pulls off this stadium malarky then great- Until then I will sit tight and watch with interest. If he does not build it then that will be it for me.

However although he has knocked us down on so many occassions - he put us up there in the 1st place.

Two things that someone has done right at Hearts is the focus on youth players with regards to their development and the importance given in promoting the club to young fans. Both vital in my book for the long term future of the club on and off the pitch.

Don't really disagree with this point. He is still in credit with me - the 2005-6 season (or some of it anyway) still has something of a glow.

Don't you think it would be more sensible for them to come out and explain that to build the stadium development now could put the club in financial jeopardy and that it would be prudent and sensible to hold off for now? I think we can probably all see what is happening in banking/property development etc now.

Guest JamboRobbo

I'd say the same of the "romanov apologists". Few in number these days, but posting frantically on threads trying to make excuses for his mismanagement and mistakes.

I suppose I would have to come under the "hatkicker" banner on the basis that the majority of my posts are "anti Vlad". I think Vlad started out well, he saved us allegedly after the not fit for purpose campaign by the Pieman and he brought in an excellent head coach in Burley and Phil Anderton did an outstanding job. Add to that the team of September 2005 and it's easy to see why I was alone then against the reign of mad Vlad. Unfortunately our improvements then were only a glimmer of hope. Since then we have not had and still don't have a true footballing manager and the standard of the squad is absolutely dire compared to Sept 05. In addition we have gone crazily in debt to the tune of circa ?37M only going to be reduced by the shre issue and sale of players that has happened over the last 15 months. Therefore overall I don't think that Vlad has been good for our club.

The bad totally outweighs the good and that I would say is based on facts rather than just "IMO".

He has a plan. Its just quite a ropey one.

Put it this way, he's no George Peppard.

Nucky Thompson
Add to that the team of September 2005 and it's easy to see why I was alone then against the reign of mad Vlad.
A bit strange being against him in September 2005 as there was nothing to suggest what was around the corner:confused:

PS.. You weren't alone, thousands of Hobos were thinking the same as you in September 2005:rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo
A bit strange being against him in September 2005 as there was nothing to suggest what was around the corner:confused:

Sept 2005 - people were already talking about Vlad and Burley having issues by then. Most hearts fans (myself included) ignored the rumours and hoped they weren't true and would go away. Unfortunately, they didn't, and we all saw what happened.

3 years later, has much really changed? I'd like to think so, but I'm not so sure.

They also post like crazy on all the threads,whether relevant or not, at these times.

When you say 'at these times', do you actually mean 'all the time'?

PS.. You weren't alone, thousands of Hobos were thinking the same as you in September 2005:rolleyes:

Yawn......Hobo........Yawn....... Heard it! Anyway, I was against Romanov from the day he took over simply because John Yorkston and Eddie Thomson told him in no uncertain terms to F Off! They knew what lay ahead with Vlads involvement. To have both those men, one a respected chairman (Thomson)the other a total desperado and yet neither wanted Vlad involved. Unfortunately they were right and rather than being a Hobo as you call me so was I, unfortunately. I would have been a very happy Jambo to see Burley, Pressley and co go on to lift the league title etc on the back of Vlads involvement but it was never going to happen.

Then there is another little group who only appear when there is bad news going about, or in order to poo-poo some bit of good news. God knows why but there seem to be a few posters who wallow in despair...They also post like crazy on all the threads,whether relevant or not, at these times.

They do say misery loves company, well, JKB seems to be that place...

Nucky Thompson
Yawn......Hobo........Yawn....... Heard it! Anyway, I was against Romanov from the day he took over simply because John Yorkston and Eddie Thomson told him in no uncertain terms to F Off! They knew what lay ahead with Vlads involvement. To have both those men, one a respected chairman (Thomson)the other a total desperado and yet neither wanted Vlad involved. Unfortunately they were right and rather than being a Hobo as you call me so was I, unfortunately. I would have been a very happy Jambo to see Burley, Pressley and co go on to lift the league title etc on the back of Vlads involvement but it was never going to happen.
It was a genuine question. So you were against a man who had just saved Tynie from being sold, brought in a good manager, signed European and Champions league winners, won our first few games because a couple of auld lackies had reportedly knocked him back:eek:

Generic Username

As is always the case, one result (fine 3 if we are going to take in the Rangers and Airdrie defeats) doesn't go our way and some people genuinely loose their minds.

I've not read one person on here who's rock hard down there about what we are currently doing. For me, anything, absolutely anything that is an improvement on last season will be fantastic to me. That means finishing even one place higher, that is still improvement. It's not vast. It's not exciting. It's not mind blowing. It is however, improvement and thats the only thing we should be currently expecting.

A lot of us, myself included are going round in circles and posting the same points - we're not going to change and start ramming teams 4 and 5 nil in the blink of an eye. The wrongs have been going on for so long that it will take a lot of time to right them. I firmly believe under Laszlo we have a chance of doing that.

He's not going to have been in the job 2 months and have a squad whipped into shape and shafting every team that comes our way.

Some players are deemed unworthy of our support but I think Laszlo needs our support and backing and he needs a season under his belt to really be judged. A handful of games into the season and these supporters divides, which have and always will exist, with people calling for his head don't help.

We're a paint by numbers right now, there's only a couple of colours being used but once we've got the whole set it promises to be a very pretty picture.

Chad Sexington

We're a paint by numbers right now, there's only a couple of colours being used but once we've got the whole set it promises to be a very pretty picture.

Bloody Hell. :biggrin:

Chick Young would be proud of that one.

:P;)

Nucky Thompson
Sept 2005 - people were already talking about Vlad and Burley having issues by then. Most hearts fans (myself included) ignored the rumours and hoped they weren't true and would go away. Unfortunately, they didn't, and we all saw what happened.

3 years later, has much really changed? I'd like to think so, but I'm not so sure.

The first time I heard any rumours was after the 1-1 draw at Parkhead. I had already heard the rumours of Burley being up the town roaring drunk most nights and had witnessed him being ejected from Agenda in Corstorphine.

Yes.

The first time I heard any rumours was after the 1-1 draw at Parkhead. I had already heard the rumours of Burley being up the town roaring drunk most nights and had witnessed him being ejected from Agenda in Corstorphine.

Burley told me after his Inverness away game that there were significant problems with VR interference - particularly with regard to Brellier.:sad:

Source? Me.

Guest JamboRobbo
The first time I heard any rumours was after the 1-1 draw at Parkhead.

Which was early october?? So not so unreasonable to think that others had heard things in september?

I had already heard the rumours of Burley being up the town roaring drunk most nights and had witnessed him being ejected from Agenda in Corstorphine.

No denying that was going on. One of the reasons I gave Vlad the benefit of the doubt when it was just about Burley.....

Which was early october?? So not so unreasonable to think that others had heard things in september?

No denying that was going on. One of the reasons I gave Vlad the benefit of the doubt when it was just about Burley.....

Vlad will be no doubt exstatic to know that "the voice of the fans" gave him the benefit of the doubt:)

Burley was a waste of space outwith the football,living a life of Riley and not turning up to training on time:mad:

Chad Sexington

One of the things I remember is Burley on Scotsport after the Celtic game actually admitting for the first time that Hearts had a chance of the title.

Days later he was gone and we've never fully recovered as a support or as a team.

FWIW, I don't think we'd have won the title...not enough strength in depth...but the idiotic firing of Burley destroyed most of the feel good factor at the club.

Now what you have in the Hearts support are a number of people so wounded by the sacking of Burley that they despise Vlad with a passion. They are deeply suspicious of his plans and see his dark motives in every decision made by the club.

This immediately sets them against the more optimistic Hearts fans who want to believe that the club is being run for the right reasons.

I don't consider myself a "Hatkicker Kicker". If someone wants to see the worst in everything, it's their right to do so, and let's face it, "The Hatkickers" have been proved right on a few things.

However, they've not been right about everything. None of us have.

One of the striking thing about the last few months has been the number of stories of "meddling foreign owners" down south. All of a sudden the Romanov experience doesn't seem so laughably unique to Hearts.

Maybe that's the way football is going and we should just strap ourselves in for the ride.

I would agree with that. His good points, that were largely evident in the early days, are slowly being eclipsed by the horrible bad points. I also agree with the statements re youth development.

The stand has to work for him to make money IMO, that will be the reason it will come.

Guest JamboRobbo

Burley was a waste of space outwith the football,living a life of Riley and not turning up to training on time:mad:

His job was to make Hearts win football games. He was doing not a bad job.

Vlad will no doubt be delighted that the greatest Hearts fan ever thinks that Burley was a waste of space.

I'm with Coco in that I think this white elephant of a stadium/hotel development should be put on the back burner (if it hasn't already). I would proceed with a straightforward modernised main stand when club finances allow us to do so.

I am a bit curious as to what 'that will be it for me' means for you, does it just mean you will have lost confidence in Romanov?

I agree with you on the apparent progress in youth development, a real positive. I hope we have good people in place now to develop the young talent into first team stars.

The 'Magnificent Seven' project is very innovative but I am uncomfortable with giving away tickets to kids outside the Lothians, if Rangers or Celtic were giving away tickets to Edinburgh schoolkids we would be disgusted. I do appreciate, however, that 99.9% of Hearts fans couldn't give a toss, it's more a personal viewpoint.

Now what you have in the Hearts support are a number of people so wounded by the sacking of Burley that they despise Vlad with a passion. They are deeply suspicious of his plans and see his dark motives in every decision made by the club.

I fall into the "despise him with a passion" bracket. But I would say it took a lot more than the sacking of Burley to do it. There were second chances, tenth chances, second honeymoons, the whole lot going on. I won't enumerate the various incidents and list the crazy decisions - we all know them. But by the time I watched us surrender at ER without an attempt on goal playing Robbie wide right, Hartley up front and with a madman in charge in the dug-out, I despised Romanov.

Of course it's hard to keep up these intense feelings, so when you fast forward a year or so to sitting at Tynecastle listening to Scott reading out the line-ups and you realise that Kurskis has retained his place, you know you're an extra in some Theatre of the Absurd revival, and you just chuckle.

Now it's just all about BB's much-reviled "Matchday Experience", and jolly good it is too. A couple of pints at the Diggers, a stroll down to see what's on offer and home for tea.

Mustn't grumble.

Great OP, Eldar.

One of the striking thing about the last few months has been the number of stories of "meddling foreign owners" down south. All of a sudden the Romanov experience doesn't seem so laughably unique to Hearts.

Yes it does! :D

The Southern owners are (so far) nothing like our Vlad.

In respect of player purchases they have an influence, but that is about it. Never heard of any claims of picking the team, faxing in subs, women with magic sticks, winning strictly come dancing...

Guest JamboRobbo
I fall into the "despise him with a passion" bracket. But I would say it took a lot more than the sacking of Burley to do it. There were second chances, tenth chances, second honeymoons, the whole lot going on. I won't enumerate the various incidents and list the crazy decisions - we all know them. But by the time I watched us surrender at ER without an attempt on goal playing Robbie wide right, Hartley up front and with a madman in charge in the dug-out, I despised Romanov.

I fall into the same bracket other than despite everything, I don't despise him. I just want him to stop acting like a numpty.

Great summary.

jambos are go!

In respect of player purchases they have an influence, but that is about it. Never heard of any claims of picking the team, faxing in subs, women with magic sticks, winning strictly come dancing...

So you are unaware of the problems at Chelsea before Mourhino left then? Mind you they were only claims as well.

Chad Sexington

But surely if a rich owner insists on a player being signed the next step is to ensure they go into the team.

Shevchenko was shoehorned into the Chelsea team by their owner wasn't he? :)

I'm not saying I agree with it...far from it.

I just think that rich foreign owners who want more say in how their money is used, will become more and more prevalent in the British game.

The only reason it's not so much of an issue in Scotland is that no foreign owner in his right mind will invest in our crappy, bigoted, little league.

Which brings us back to Romanov...:biggrin:

The media had been hinting for several weeks prior to that match that all was not well between VR and Burley.

I recall one article about Burley being asked to write down his reason for wanting to play Brellier.

Burley told Billy Dodds after our victory at Tannadice he wouldn't be around long as the interference was unbearable.

The media had been hinting for several weeks prior to that match that all was not well between VR and Burley.

I recall one article about Burley being asked to write down his reason for wanting to play Brellier.

Burley told Billy Dodds after our victory at Tannadice he wouldn't be around long as the interference was unbearable.

No no no - he was just pure dead steaming all the time.

Francis Albert
I would proceed with a straightforward modernised main stand when club finances allow us to do so.

So when the current stand burns down then? Assuming it is well insured.

I don't think there is any chance of a stand-alone stand being built. Expected profits from the add-ons (which are in fact the main part of the plan) are needed. If the finance can be raised (and I suspect East European banks are far less exposed to the sub-prime fiasco than UK ones), this may not a bad time to proceed - by the time the thing is built the recovery should be well underway and in the meantime construction costs should be falling.

No no no - he was just pure dead steaming all the time.

Everynight it appears.

If I had a ?1 for everytime I've heard a Hearts fan say they'd seen Burley drunk, or they knew a taxi driver who picked him up bevvied etc I be able to but VR out myself.

Yet all of these incidents managed to escape the attention of the media who in the past have even reported on nobodies like Grant Brebner being drunk.

I remember Wee Robbo being castigated on here after a few of us met him in Inverness and he told us Burley would not be here by Xmas.

I remember Wee Robbo being castigated on here after a few of us met him in Inverness and he told us Burley would not be here by Xmas.

The rumours were in full flow by then.

The Boo need to get better sources or start buying newspapers.

Archived