Vlad picked that team and dropped Gary Glen. Discuss

MMHearts

Two things strike me here.

1. People still haven't grasped what together means. Even if a team had been picked and changed that would not have been the first time something of that nature happened and won't be the last. What I will say however if Korobotchup ORDERED the dropping rather than SUGGESTED it, then that does not augur well.

2. IF the story is true and GG has sounded off within the public earshot then I am sorry but he does not have the right attitude to make it in the game. I would fine him or at least censure him and leave him out of the squad until satisfied his attitude towards teamwork improves.

If the team was changed and he went public I would give him a knighthood.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WestcoastJambo
Young scottish guy dropped in favour of eastern european "star", rings a bell.

Owner picking team, team not playing very well. Rings a bell.

4-5-1 every game, rings a bell.

Eastern european "star" off around 60-70 mins for another eastern european "star", rings a bell.

Really dont know how the OP could ever think something untoward could be going on, none of the above could ever be directed at this football club??

Is that you Quasimodo or is your tinnitus just playing up?

:)

If the team was changed and he went public I would give him a knighthood.

The same people that are criticising Glen would be jumping up and down at the lack of factual corroboration had the story been posted without a source.

Rubbish the truth if it is from the horses mouth. Rubbish the truth if a source is not named

Its quite a persuasive way to make your points....

Guest JamboRobbo
The same people that are criticising Glen would be jumping up and down at the lack of factual corroboration had the story been posted without a source.

Rubbish the truth if it is from the horses mouth. Rubbish the truth if a source is not named

wildlife-monkeys-hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil.jpg

Glen was picked then he was dropped, I'm willing to take as fact but it is wrong for the OP to imply Glen told him it was a Romanov decision. It is unfair on Gary Glen.

portobellojambo1
Glen was picked then he was dropped, I'm willing to take as fact but it is wrong for the OP to imply Glen told him it was a Romanov decision. It is unfair on Gary Glen.

I think the situation is some are not being told on the Friday, or whenever it is announced to them, that they are simply in the squad, they appear to be getting told they will definitely be playing on the Saturday, and don't. Some appear to be getting told they are not in the squad for the Saturday and then play (this was probably most notable in relation to the game versus Rangers).

I think some of the young lads get a buzz (nothing wrong with that) out of hearing they are playing, probably do make arrangements for friends and family to go to the game, only to then turn up on the Saturday to discover there has been a late change and they are no longer in consideration for a place (source and reason unknown). To me, that is wrong (a) because you are deflating someone who was probably on a high to play and (B) you are bringing in someone who wasn't initially considered and may not be ready to play.

And with regards to your last point I agree, I do not think GG would have gone into details regards who had decided he wasn't playing, because I doubt he knew who had decided, other than it was not Laszlo.

Whoever made the decision to leave him out Saturday is the person who should be getting censured (actually that is probably insufficient, thrown out the club would be nearer the mark) because the decision they made was fecking awful.

There is no "factual" corroboration. There's some chap sitting in front of a computer imploring us to believe that what he types is gospel. FWIW, that's probably about as much as you'll get on an internet forum unless he's recorded the conversation.

portobellojambo1
You are wrong PJ.

Think you might have to expand on that a little, otherwise it is difficult to reply.

I'm in no way naive enough to believe that VR will refrain from sticking his oar in now and then. However, early indications suggest that Csaba is his own man and is picking the team himself. The consistency of selection (which has been a major problem in the past) supports this. I think it's more likely that VR will ask questions about team selection, and probably make his own suggestions, rather than dictating to CL who must play and for how long, as I am fairly sure he has done with some of our other 'managers'.

Let's be honest here. How many of the current squad are 'automatic' selections on current form? I'd say probably only Berra and Stewart and possibly Driver, and they have played every game they were available for. All other selections are debatable. Meaning that if you want to see VR's evil influence on the team, then you'll see it. Whether it's there or not.

FWIW I don't think Glen was ever going to start against Falkirk. He's been out for a while and a place on the bench would have been more appropriate. And Mrowiec plays in a different position and couldn't have been a straight replacement. It's possible that we were originally going to play with two up front and there was a late change of tactics, but I doubt it as I don't think either Nade nor Glen would have managed 90 minutes.

I dont know Gary Glen so I dont know if he's thick as mince or a paragon of intelligence.

If he was inexplicably dropped, and the reason was explained to him by someone, as it should have been, then it suggests he is thick as mince if the first thing he has done was sit amongst the Hearts away support and blab it out amongst random Hearts fans. He should be talking to Csaba or Korobochka or even Romanov through this agent if something has been done internally that he's not happy with.

I know he was in the away end on Saturday as I saw him walk over from the tunnel and join a couple of his mates and even that I found a little bit strange, surely if you travel with the official party you sit with them in the stand ??

Wouldnt be surprised if he has been included in the squad and then told he wasnt. It wouldnt even be the first time its happened this season, let alone other seasons, but the laddie's taking a chance discussing it with randoms or in the earshot of randoms. Thats the sort of stuff that ends careers at Tynecastle.

Thats the sort of stuff that ends careers at Tynecastle.

Maybe that's the plan if he considers that somebody other than the manager, somebody that appears clueless about football is hindering his career.

Maybe that's the plan if he considers that somebody other than the manager, somebody that appears clueless about football is hindering his career.

So the right way to go about that would be through his agent No ?

I dont know Gary Glen so I dont know if he's thick as mince or a paragon of intelligence.

If he was inexplicably dropped, and the reason was explained to him by someone, as it should have been, then it suggests he is thick as mince if the first thing he has done was sit amongst the Hearts away support and blab it out amongst random Hearts fans. He should be talking to Csaba or Korobochka or even Romanov through this agent if something has been done internally that he's not happy with.

I know he was in the away end on Saturday as I saw him walk over from the tunnel and join a couple of his mates and even that I found a little bit strange, surely if you travel with the official party you sit with them in the stand ??

Wouldnt be surprised if he has been included in the squad and then told he wasnt. It wouldnt even be the first time its happened this season, let alone other seasons, but the laddie's taking a chance discussing it with randoms or in the earshot of randoms. Thats the sort of stuff that ends careers at Tynecastle.

Yes another one to join the ever increasing band of individuals who cannot be trusted?

Surely the ostriches on JBK cannot push their heads much further into the sand!

Yes another one to join the ever increasing band of individuals who cannot be trusted?

What I want to know - why always so late in the week?

Get the interfering done by Thursday evening. Then nobody would be none the wiser.

Set Vlad's approved team out on Friday in preparation for the game.

Simple.

Personally I think if the guy's been told he was in the team and then told he wasnt, then Csaba has demonstrated the skills and the balls to tell him face to face why that happened and who decided it should happen.

I dont think there are many left on here who still have their heads in the sand. This is what happens at our club, so it might well be that Csaba was instructed not to play him. It would surprise no-one if that was the case.

Either way the boy shouldnt be discussing it in public with fans. He should be going to those who made the decision or going to his agent to get him out of the club. I'm quite sure his agent would let us know through the press exactly what happened rather than some uncorroborated stuff from half a dozen people who claim to know the intimate details of Hearts selection policies or claim to have heard Gary Glen be-moaning them.

If this is really happening, it wont be long before someone goes to the papers with it.

portobellojambo1
What I want to know - why always so late in the week?

Get the interfering done by Thursday evening. Then nobody would be none the wiser.

Set Vlad's approved team out on Friday in preparation for the game.

Simple.

I agree Jammy T.

One has to assume that during the week the team train and prepare for the upcoming match on the Saturday, general training but specific preparation for the next opposition , presumably with Laszlo watching and eventually picking the players he thinks are best equipped to handle the task in hand. To then let the players know on Friday which of them are in the squad, only to get input from other sources, be it one or two, possibly also to get changes to the personnel and possibly even tactics suggests Monday to Friday morning may be a waste.

You have suggested Thursday as a more appropriate day for input, I think even that is possibly too late, if there is to be more than one source of input to the squad/team for the next weekend it should be decided as soon as the available personnel is known, Monday night possibly, then the manager has the best part of 4 days to mould the players to be played into a formation which will work against whoever we are playing.

With regards to Saturday past I am not certain Mrowiec was a straight swap for Glen, but if he was then the whole set up of the team was being changed, because they are two completely different types of players, who don't do the same job. And if the changes for the Falkirk game weren't determined until the Saturday morning, it doesn't leave a lot of time to rejig the formation, which is possibly why we looked so clueless for much of the first half on Saturday.

I agree Jammy T.

One has to assume that during the week the team train and prepare for the upcoming match on the Saturday, general training but specific preparation for the next opposition , presumably with Laszlo watching and eventually picking the players he thinks are best equipped to handle the task in hand. To then let the players know on Friday which of them are in the squad, only to get input from other sources, be it one or two, possibly also to get changes to the personnel and possibly even tactics suggests Monday to Friday morning may be a waste.

You have suggested Thursday as a more appropriate day for input, I think even that is possibly too late, if there is to be more than one source of input to the squad/team for the next weekend it should be decided as soon as the available personnel is known, Monday night possibly, then the manager has the best part of 4 days to mould the players to be played into a formation which will work against whoever we are playing.

With regards to Saturday past I am not certain Mrowiec was a straight swap for Glen, but if he was then the whole set up of the team was being changed, because they are two completely different types of players, who don't do the same job. And if the changes for the Falkirk game weren't determined until the Saturday morning, it doesn't leave a lot of time to rejig the formation, which is possibly why we looked so clueless for much of the first half on Saturday.

Glen could have played in the hole, or as a secondary striker with Kingston right side.

What is certain is that Adrian was not the type of player to make Csaba's formation work the way he wants it.

He specifically spoke 2 weeks ago about the 3 attacking players in support of the striker being fluid, switching positions. Every player that has played in those positions has been capable of at least attempting that.

Adrian is simply not that sort of player. He is a defender that ended up in defensive midfield position at Kaunas because he couldnt hold down a place in the defence. Csaba sold him to us as a defensive midfielder, something we needed.

Not on the right wing though Csaba, surely?

This is part of the problem. Csaba is so passionate and speaks relatively knowledgeably about everything that it soon becomes questionable whether decisions are truely his own.

These late changes hang Csaba out to dry as much as the players.

I think Saturday a.m. is Vlad's part of the week set aside for Hearts. There is no other reason or excuse for all the very late changes we have suffered over the past 3 years.

If Vlad cant stop interfering - fair enough. But surely he can start to do it better by now....I guess he would if he wanted to

My brother took his son (Mac from the TV ad) to a photoshoot last Weds at Tynie as he is one of the many kids being used to promote the strip and training gear etc...

He spoke to Glen about his lack of involvement in the first team and did he see that changing soon - Glen made it clear that he was not happy but at not being picked but was assured his time would come. My brother reckoned his overall body demeanour did not look like someone who was going to get his chance soon.

Who knows what happened but I dont accept he was dropped for Morwiec.

But we can't believe anything we read in the press, can we?

I'm with others on this thread, I'd prefer to have Vlad butt out altogether, but if he has to get involved with selection, get it done earlier.

Csaba has instilled some spirit into the squad, it needs to be maintained.

But we can't believe anything we read in the press, can we?

I'm with others on this thread, I'd prefer to have Vlad butt out altogether, but if he has to get involved with selection, get it done earlier.

Csaba has instilled some spirit into the squad, it needs to be maintained.

Not always but we can read the quoted words of Csaba Lazslo.

And then decide whether because he is still in the early stages of being undermined he is keeping his cool and being diplomatic ;)

See at the start of the season when a few people were highlighting quotes from Csaba that showed he was contradicting himself and doing slightly concerning U-turns - what did you say about it again?

You rely on newspaper stuff / quotes when it suits you and disregard it when it doesnt.

Fair enough. You are only human I guess :)

And then decide whether because he is still in the early stages of being undermined he is keeping his cool and being diplomatic ;)

What even when he's talking about the players needing to be flexible to cope with injuries and missing players and saying Miko/Ruben are options for the left and Mrowiec can play a number of positions as well....just seemed to me to be a straightforward discussion of what his options were and nothing at all to do with being undermined by anyone or being diplomatic.

What even when he's talking about the players needing to be flexible to cope with injuries and missing players and saying Miko/Ruben are options for the left and Mrowiec can play a number of positions as well....just seemed to me to be a straightforward discussion of what his options were and nothing at all to do with being undermined by anyone or being diplomatic.

Personally it sounds like he doesnt have a clue about Mrowiec.

When he first arrived he thought he was a defensive midfielder

Our Kaunas / Lithuanian friends have confirmed he was principally a defender

No-one ever suggested he was a right winger.

I presume what happened was that Csaba was told by someone else he could play there (or possibly even that he would play there ;))

See at the start of the season when a few people were highlighting quotes from Csaba that showed he was contradicting himself and doing slightly concerning U-turns - what did you say about it again?

You rely on newspaper stuff / quotes when it suits you and disregard it when it doesnt.

Fair enough. You are only human I guess :)

Show me where Csaba contradicts himself last week? Circumstances can change as we saw with the players who returned with injuries after the internationals which clearly would have affected team selection ... some people are only too happy to see conspiracy and the hand of vlad even when Lazslo made plenty comments about giving Mrowiec some game-time several times last week.

Talk's cheap especially when it's about HMFC and we have the egotistical self professed football expert that is Romanov lurking in the background. We continue to make baffling team selections, play umpteen players out of position and have a complete imbalance in various areas of the squad.

Personally it sounds like he doesnt have a clue about Mrowiec.

When he first arrived he thought he was a defensive midfielder

Our Kaunas / Lithuanian friends have confirmed he was principally a defender

No-one ever suggested he was a right winger.

I presume what happened was that Csaba was told by someone else he could play there (or possibly even that he would play there ;))

Mrowiec was dropped on Csaba and he won't be the last. He was also shoe horned into the team on Saturday.

OK, I'd like a direct response from Csaba on our favourite questions. Preferably short answers (the word No would be delightful)

Do I need to repeat them?

Show me where Csaba contradicts himself last week? Circumstances can change as we saw with the players who returned with injuries after the internationals which clearly would have affected team selection ... some people are only too happy to see conspiracy and the hand of vlad even when Lazslo made plenty comments about giving Mrowiec some game-time several times last week.

Its not a conspiracy. Its a reality.

I think you are just about the only poor soul that thinks otherwise.

The issue is - how it is done, and to ensure that it doesnt affect the players negatively.

Just as an aside. Csaba preaches flexibility but he steadfastly refuses to put 2 strikers on the pitch at any one time.

Whats your spin on that?

Its not a conspiracy. Its a reality.

I think you are just about the only poor soul that thinks otherwise.

The issue is - how it is done, and to ensure that it doesnt affect the players negatively.

Just as an aside. Csaba preaches flexibility but he steadfastly refuses to put 2 strikers on the pitch at any one time.

Whats your spin on that?

He explained his chosen formation & preferences to dozens of hearts fans at 2 separate meetings with fans recently and also why he plays certain players in positions - you might not agree with his choices or formations but he is the manager.

He explained his chosen formation & preferences to dozens of hearts fans at 2 separate meetings with fans recently and also why he plays certain players in positions - you might not agree with his choices or formations but he is the manager.

And what has that got to do with Saturday's team?

To be honest, if you asked me, I could probably justify and explain away some of my bosses more mental decisions.

Maybe that's why he got the gig.....

if romanov picked the team we wlould brobably have seen big zal at centre forward and nade on the wing etc.

well nearly.

A centre back in midfield, a defender on the right wing and a midfielder at right back.

And what has that got to do with Saturday's team?

To be honest, if you asked me, I could probably justify and explain away some of my bosses more mental decisions.

On saturday he subbed Miko & Mole and brought on Ksanavicius & Nade and reshuffled Kingston & Mrowiec and we were much more effective in attack than we had been before that.

I don't think you would get 90 minutes out of either Nade or Ksanavicius and probably not more than 60 effective minutes from them that is why they have been subs in recent Hearts matches & brought on to try to make an impact.

Mrowiec was no worse than Obua has been in his early matches yet nobody is making a big stushie about him being in the team or being shoe-horned in ahead of other players.

On saturday he subbed Miko & Mole and brought on Ksanavicius & Nade and reshuffled Kingston & Mrowiec and we were much more effective in attack than we had been before that.

I don't think you would get 90 minutes out of either Nade or Ksanavicius and probably not more than 60 effective minutes from them that is why they have been subs in recent Hearts matches & brought on to try to make an impact.

Mrowiec was no worse than Obua has been in his early matches yet nobody is making a big stushie about him being in the team or being shoe-horned in ahead of other players.

I absolutely agree that Csaba made changes that altered our performance. He also had a half time to kick backsides.

But I saw in 2 halves that we had strikers in Nade and Mole that could compliment each other and make us much more potent up front if they were given time on the pitch together.

If I saw that in 90 minutes Csaba must also have seen this in training etc

Adrian was "tidy". He wasnt really an attacking presence - and this is hardly surprising. His attempted shot from around 10 yards out was woeful - again not really surprising. But he looked as though he might be a useful enough squad player and it would be interesting to see him in his correct position. So I am not attacking him - as some others have.

well nearly.

A centre back in midfield, a defender on the right wing and a midfielder at right back.

Karipidis has only once played in defensive midfield prior to Casba coming in, we have been told that Mrowiec can play in a number of positions so don't see how that is an issue and again before Csaba came in Eggert had never played at right back to my knowledge.

Csaba clearly doesn't think that Jonsson is as effective as Karipidis or Ruben for that matter in the defensive midfield role.

I absolutely agree that Csaba made changes that altered our performance. He also had a half time to kick backsides.

But I saw in 2 halves that we had strikers in Nade and Mole that could compliment each other and make us much more potent up front if they were given time on the pitch together.

If I saw that in 90 minutes Csaba must also have seen this in training etc

Adrian was "tidy". He wasnt really an attacking presence - and this is hardly surprising. His attempted shot from around 10 yards out was woeful - again not really surprising. But he looked as though he might be a useful enough squad player and it would be interesting to see him in his correct position. So I am not attacking him - as some others have.

To be fair it was on target and he was unlucky that the defender managed to get it off the line.

Karipidis has only once played in defensive midfield prior to Casba coming in, we have been told that Mrowiec can play in a number of positions so don't see how that is an issue and again before Csaba came in Eggert had never played at right back to my knowledge.

Csaba clearly doesn't think that Jonsson is as effective as Karipidis or Ruben for that matter in the defensive midfield role.

Correct

We had a history of playing players out of position before Csaba, we still play players out of position. It is being explained better now.

Ask me to explain a decision of my boss and I could do it.

Francis Albert
Because he was playing in the position he was best suited to?

So Vlad played him in the position he was best suited to until Csaba arrived then moved him? I can think of a simpler explanation.

To be fair it was on target and he was unlucky that the defender managed to get it off the line.

Yeah, fair enough. I was miles away. There was some debate in one paper about whether it was on target or not.

But he was in acres of space and not far out.

Just one of these things - but if he isnt used to being in that sort of position it isnt surprising that he didnt finish it as he ought to have

Simple question. Why didn't Eggert play at right back before Csaba arrived?

......becasue F®ail was too busy defending Clum to have anytime to think about tactics etc

Archived