Vlad picked that team and dropped Gary Glen. Discuss

MMHearts

scott herbertson
certainly not a 'hombo' whatever that is. Just a hacked off Jambo. I have never been a critic of Vlad. Check my previous posts if you want. I just call it as I see it. We deserved a point today however it wasn't to be. How many people posting here were actually at the game today? Was I sitting behind GG? Actually yes. Was he 'dropped'? He said he was. Maybe he is part of a conspiracy along with Burley, Valdas, Rix, Frail etc. Maybe it's us that's out of step. Will I be there next week? Yes. Still hacked off though!

If that's true it was an astonishingly unprofessional action on his part to tell someone in the crowd.

Also it doesn't square that Csaba would tell him he had been 'dropped'. If the arrangement is that the final say on team selection is VRs (or his advisors) I doubt if Csaba would tell players who was or wasn't starting until he had agreed the team with the 'others'.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jambomickey

young gary glen was sitting a few seats along from me and if he did say that we shouldn't be coming on jkb announcing it because that young lad will more than likely get the silent vlad style treatment now

Shaba picked the team on Friday and was told that Gary Glen wasn't playing. Result... See for yourselves. Shaba-vlads glove puppet. Sad but true.

What utter nonsense. Surely the 'mods' can stop ridiculous posts like this!!!!

ToadKiller Dog

,The new Pole was being talked about maybe starting the game all week.

If gary glen was telling all around him that he was deliberately dropped by Vlad then he has been very stupid ,i doubt that is what he said but what he did say became a game of Chinese whispers as it was retold.

the team was picked on Friday by Shaba. By Saturday it had changed. Gary was sitting in front of us at the game. He was dropped from the squad and told he had been picked 'by mistake'. Suddenly the Polish guy was playing I am one completely disillusioned Jambo

Don't think the decision directly had anything to do with the result however Vlad still won't leave the team alone and Shaba let's him away with meddling with his selections.

Glen told you he was dropped for Mrowiec?

Shaba picked the team on Friday and was told that Gary Glen wasn't playing. Result... See for yourselves. Shaba-vlads glove puppet. Sad but true.

Glen told you Vlad picks the team?

Few questions here to the original poster and others

If you where at the game what was the song played before the match and directly after the final whistle?

Are there any other posters who where near Gary Glen cos if he told one of you then surely someone must have over heard/been told to as this story would have spread through the crowd like wild fire?

Why is Siegementality enjoying this so much?

I believe this to be a nonsense story and the op a **** stirrer. The pitiful "back up" he's receiving from agenda driven poster is enough to make me sick. JUst cos theres a couple of you agreeing on this bull **** doesnt make it true. Its still bull****.

portobellojambo1
young gary glen was sitting a few seats along from me and if he did say that we shouldn't be coming on jkb announcing it because that young lad will more than likely get the silent vlad style treatment now

Agree totally.

I believe the original post is partly correct in substance by the way, with regards to Glen was meant to be involved yesterday (as per Ibrox) but late changes were made (I have no idea by whom or why, and who came in instead, well not who came in yesterday anyway).

boabyarsebiscuit

If you where at the game what was the song played before the match and directly after the final whistle?

Before the game,can't remember. Think after the game might have been that Levellers crap we used to play after games. They played that Amarillo pish twice during the game though, thanks to our useless defence.

Are there any other posters who where near Gary Glen cos if he told one of you then surely someone must have over heard/been told to as this story would have spread through the crowd like wild fire?

Wasn't near him, but he was definitely sitting in our end.

Why are the JKB "protectors of the faith" lynch mob enjoying laying into the OP so much?

I believe this to be a nonsense story and the op a **** stirrer. The pitiful "back up" he's receiving from agenda driven poster is enough to make me sick. JUst cos theres a couple of you agreeing on this bull **** doesnt make it true. Its still bull****.

You believe what you want to believe mate, as that American philosopher Britney Spears would say, that's your prerogative. In this case there's only "one truth". Either Gary Glen was told he was in the team, and thought he was in the team until lunchtime Saturday when he was told there had been a mistake, or ... well in this case there's actually no "or".

Me thinks if Glen did say somthing like this that others around him would also have heard. No doubt he would have also been sitting with other squad members which makes me think he'd be off his rocker to say this!

siegementality

What the feck are you on about? The OP, wether it is true or not, has made a statement naming his source. I've said well at least he named his source and it is unfortunate that GG might get into bother, if true, as this is the way of JKB, no source named, sheite story, now it's name a source, sheite story. It is because of people like you that posters have to put people at risk by naming them anyway. Jumped up little nobodies like you demand to know the source, the majority of the time well knowing that the poster won't name their source, so you can have a pop at them.

What part of this do you think I am enjoying given I have posted on this thread three times, none of which has shown the slightest hint of enjoyment at this alleged situation?

Do you really think I would enjoy GG getting into bother?

I can assure you the last fecking thing I want is it to be confirmed that VR is again interfering in team selection (even though the "together" tag suggests to me he still has some say).

Well done for living up to your user name, you really are a little Doddi.

siegementality
I spoke to Gary 5 minutes ago and he said otherwise.

I've typed it so it's obviously true.

I never said what the the OP said was true, he named his source, I commented that his source couldn't be much better. If you indeed have spoken to GG and he has denied this them your source can't really be much better either. Therefore barring GG coming out and telling all and sundry what was what, people will have a choice to make up their own mind.

Johnny Brown was in the original squad for Germany but was later pulled, GG knows the position, Its nothing to worry about in my opinion. GG is a shy guy and unlikely to share this with any tom dick or harry.

The White Cockade

no idea of the validity of this story

but we know a handful of managers turned down the Hearts job

as they wouldn't agree to Vlad's involvement in team affairs

So its highly unlikely that Csaba has a free hand

The best we can hope for at present is a manager that can work

with Vlad without it all falling apart and Csaba seems to me to be as good as we can hope for

as long as we have a good season things will probably be ok but if it all goes the same way as last season it will all erupt again

To be honest we are so short of goals up fron I think our whole season hinges on whether Nade come good and Tullberg does the business

Nobody said its easy being a Hearts fan

His parents were at the game as they had been told he would be playing. :(

Two phrases spring to mind. There's no smoke without fire and a leopard doesn't change his spots. Mad Vlad will be mad Vlad.

we know a handful of managers turned down the Hearts job

with Vlad without it all falling apart and Csaba seems to me to be as good as we can hope for

as long as we have a good season things will probably be ok but if it all goes the same way as last season it will all erupt again

Completely agree with this post Manxjamtart, exactly as I see things.

I wasn't there yesterday, but Falkrik was always a banana skin for us. We have a fairly poor record at Falkirk, and Falkirk are a far better side than their start to the season suggests. They will be there or thereabouts for the top 6 IMHO.

I'm satisfied with how Hearts have started this season. We are badly lacking a goalscoring striker and a creative/hard-working Hartley/Cameron type player, so I fully expect to read more match reports like yesterdays.

They key to our season is getting more out of Kingston. He clearly has the ability of Cameron/Hartley but not the heart or the graft. A good manager will fix this, irrespective of who is picking the team, and I believe Csaba can do this given time.

Check your spelling man. It's "END OFF". ;)

I know but I was getting in "character". ;)

We are missing a penalty box striker and I think Glen is the only one that comes close to this we have at Hearts.

Still do not believe he is was dropped for someone in midfield - if anyone should be fed up it should be Ruben.

No shocker there then, if its true that Mad Vlad has a input into who plays or not . I certainly don't agree with what's happening at the club but as long as the "submariner" is the owner of the Club,then there isn't a lot we can do about it other than live with it.

Guy in front of me came back and said that yesterday at halftime. Might have been you...

Young scottish guy dropped in favour of eastern european "star", rings a bell.

Owner picking team, team not playing very well. Rings a bell.

4-5-1 every game, rings a bell.

Eastern european "star" off around 60-70 mins for another eastern european "star", rings a bell.

Really dont know how the OP could ever think something untoward could be going on, none of the above could ever be directed at this football club??

Young scottish guy dropped in favour of eastern european "star", rings a bell.

Owner picking team, team not playing very well. Rings a bell.

4-5-1 every game, rings a bell.

Eastern european "star" off around 60-70 mins for another eastern european "star", rings a bell.

Really dont know how the OP could ever think something untoward could be going on, none of the above could ever be directed at this football club??

You mean 4 minutes after half time when a Lithuanian winger was replaced by a Lithuanian forward? Would you rather Makela was brought on?

no idea of the validity of this story

but we know a handful of managers turned down the Hearts job

To be honest we are so short of goals up fron I think our whole season hinges on whether Nade come good and Tullberg does the business

Nobody said its easy being a Hearts fan

Im maybe missing something here.Didnt Vlad say in a statement the manager would have full control of team matters? He bull **** us again and all of a sudden when we win a couple of games without playing all that well its forgotten about and everything is hunky dory? Just a matter of time before this blows up again.

I'm puzzled.

This has been happening since Burley left. Csaba has repeatedly refused to deny that it still happens.

Why would anyone doubt it? Why would anyone be surprised?

I don't know what saddens me more. The fact that it's happening or the fact that our fans still make up excuses to try and deny it.

At the last AGM Roman Romanov said that his father would continue to have input in team selection. That's what's happened here.

I don't know what saddens me more. The fact that it's happening or the fact that our fans still make up excuses to try and deny it.

At the last AGM Roman Romanov said that his father would continue to have input in team selection. That's what's happened here.

None of us would mind if Vlad picked the team, as long as he was any good, the sad fact is that he undermines his own club!

No shocker there then, if its true that Mad Vlad has a input into who plays or not . I certainly don't agree with what's happening at the club but as long as the "submariner" is the owner of the Club,then there isn't a lot we can do about it other than live with it.

Exactly. :(

certainly not a 'hombo' whatever that is. Just a hacked off Jambo. I have never been a critic of Vlad. Check my previous posts if you want. I just call it as I see it. We deserved a point today however it wasn't to be. How many people posting here were actually at the game today? Was I sitting behind GG? Actually yes. Was he 'dropped'? He said he was. Maybe he is part of a conspiracy along with Burley, Valdas, Rix, Frail etc. Maybe it's us that's out of step. Will I be there next week? Yes. Still hacked off though!

I did not know that GG was a midfielder!!:eek:

So, we can deduce that Vlad picked both yesterday's team and probably the one at Ibronx too. However, I guess Csaba picked it for the games against Motherwell, St Bribery and Hamilton then. :rolleyes:

What happens when we draw? Kookaburra? :rolleyes:

You are kidding yourself if you think there is no interference in team selection. Romanov will never change, and they even announced that Vlad would have his say. It 's quite sad that many Hearts fans can't see this. Newcastle fans have had a similar(not as bad) problem but they will rebel until something is done. Unfortunately rich owners are not queueing up to buy Scottish clubs.

Im maybe missing something here.Didnt Vlad say in a statement the manager would have full control of team matters? He bull **** us again and all of a sudden when we win a couple of games without playing all that well its forgotten about and everything is hunky dory? Just a matter of time before this blows up again.

No that was in the January 1 statement.

It was not included in any of the club's promotional stuff when Laszlo was brought in.

And he has studiously mentioned 'together' at every opportunity when asked on this subject. Clearly he knows the script and is willing to deal with the situation in order to boost his pay and profile. That's his prerogative and he is obviously improving things despite the impediments.

Some of you need to get a serious feckin' grip on reality. Of course Vlad is still involved in picking the team. Do you honestly think that if he'd suddenly decided to turn a hundred and eighty degrees and leave team selection and subs up to the new manager he'd have chosen a guy no-one had ever heard of from feckin' Uganda???? FFS.

And BTW I'm not knocking Shabba here, he seems to be a good guy, but he is definitely bought and paid for, same as every manager we've had since Burley left.

Guest jambomickey
Me thinks if Glen did say somthing like this that others around him would also have heard. No doubt he would have also been sitting with other squad members which makes me think he'd be off his rocker to say this!

no the young lad was sitting with his girlfriend mate and to be honest with you he kept himself to himself so i doubt he said anything like what this thread says

no the young lad was sitting with his girlfriend mate and to be honest with you he kept himself to himself so i doubt he said anything like what this thread says

So the whole thread is based upon 1 persons so called chat in the stand with one of our young players -- other than that no info whatsoever -- as I stated earlier what happens now to stop this happening is any 'discussions' happen prior to the team being announced so that we do not have the same situation as happened over the last couple of seasons.

The team is not named until later -- squads are named but not the team.

In this case there were injury decisions made late on and as a result decisions were made re cover required on the bench.

Geoff Kilpatrick
You are kidding yourself if you think there is no interference in team selection. Romanov will never change, and they even announced that Vlad would have his say. It 's quite sad that many Hearts fans can't see this. Newcastle fans have had a similar(not as bad) problem but they will rebel until something is done. Unfortunately rich owners are not queueing up to buy Scottish clubs.

If, as you say, there is still "interference" (and my view is that the consistency of selection in the first few weeks of the season doesn't bear testament to that) then why is it the only time this pops up is when we lose?

If, as you say, there is still "interference" (and my view is that the consistency of selection in the first few weeks of the season doesn't bear testament to that) then why is it the only time this pops up is when we lose?

I have no idea whether the story from yesterday is true or not, but when Romanov's son tells you that Romanov will have his say you can be sure he will.Do you really honestly think that a man like Romanov will change. No chance.

Romanov didnt ...the Russian in the stand who recently lost a fight with a litre of Grecian 2000 did.

Is botchup not simply implementing Vlad's will though?

Having said that, if any person in football deserved being emptied it is Teflon man.

Clearly unable to grasp what is needed to do well in Scottish football

Toxteth O'Grady
Is botchup not simply implementing Vlad's will though?

Having said that, if any person in football deserved being emptied it is Teflon man.

Clearly unable to grasp what is needed to do well in Scottish football

Aye, Teflon Toly should have been emptied long ago.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I have no idea whether the story from yesterday is true or not, but when Romanov's son tells you that Romanov will have his say you can be sure he will.Do you really honestly think that a man like Romanov will change. No chance.

Well, I happen to disagree because, having listened to Csaba talk about football in the way he has and also the way he referred to the Uganda situation, I don't believe he would accept being dictated to in that fashion by Romanov. That said, I believe he is prepared to openly communicate and explain his decisions to him, which is why it seems to be working so far.

Well, I happen to disagree because, having listened to Csaba talk about football in the way he has and also the way he referred to the Uganda situation, I don't believe he would accept being dictated to in that fashion by Romanov. That said, I believe he is prepared to openly communicate and explain his decisions to him, which is why it seems to be working so far.

And I also think he is prepared to (or has been told he should) take on board and adopt "suggestions" presented to him by Anatoly. And I think Anatoly is Romanov's mouth at the club - with a little of his own thought process.

And I cant see any evidence at all to suggest that Anatoly isnt completely incompetent. We have been largely gash since he arrived - he would have been emptied at any other normal club

siegementality

Csaba has constantly maintained that decisions are taken "together". He, himself, has stated Romanov is involeved in the "together" process. I think in his mind, or he has convinced himself it to be the case, that means he is not being dictated to. Given that Csaba himself says this how can there be doubt that Romanov has a say in team affairs?

That's a matter of opinion but we will agree to disagree on the running of the team.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Csaba has constantly maintained that decisions are taken "together". He, himself, has stated Romanov is involeved in the "together" process. I think in his mind, or he has convinced himself it to be the case, that means he is not being dictated to. Given that Csaba himself says this how can there be doubt that Romanov has a say in team affairs?

Because it is different for Romanov to question "why?" a certain team is being picked as opposed to him overruling it.

I accept, though, that where Vlad is concerned it is hard to give him the benefit of the doubt and the only reason I am granting it at the moment is because of Csaba, and Csaba alone.

Because it is different for Romanov to question "why?" a certain team is being picked as opposed to him overruling it.

I accept, though, that where Vlad is concerned it is hard to give him the benefit of the doubt and the only reason I am granting it at the moment is because of Csaba, and Csaba alone.

Two things strike me here.

1. People still haven't grasped what together means. Even if a team had been picked and changed that would not have been the first time something of that nature happened and won't be the last. What I will say however if Korobotchup ORDERED the dropping rather than SUGGESTED it, then that does not augur well.

2. IF the story is true and GG has sounded off within the public earshot then I am sorry but he does not have the right attitude to make it in the game. I would fine him or at least censure him and leave him out of the squad until satisfied his attitude towards teamwork improves.

Archived