Vlad picked that team and dropped Gary Glen. Discuss

MMHearts

So Vlad played him in the position he was best suited to until Csaba arrived then moved him? I can think of a simpler explanation.

I personally think Eggert at right back was his call, although I am not so sure that he called Karipidis in midfield instead of, say Eggert in midfield at the start of the season.

And I dont think that midfield slot has been earth shatteringly successful - our goals against part validates that

I simply dont believe that there is this continual desire amongst managers at Hearts to play centre/right backs in midfield. That quite simply is too consistently bizarre a decision to be made by anyone other than somebody that has been there for the duration of these decisions being made

The fact that Kaunas also play with a defender in midfield seals it for me.

I dont think Adrian at right wing was his call. I think it was communicated by Botchup. I think it was one of these together decisions

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, fair enough. I was miles away. There was some debate in one paper about whether it was on target or not.

But he was in acres of space and not far out.

Just one of these things - but if he isnt used to being in that sort of position it isnt surprising that he didnt finish it as he ought to have

It was a sitter admittedly after a good 1-2. McNamara should not have had a prayer of getting it off the line.

Francis Albert
......becasue F®ail was too busy defending Clum to have anytime to think about tactics etc

So Frail picked the team? But Csaba doesn't?

Francis Albert
I dont think there has ever been any suggestion that Vlad picks 1 through 11.

Of course not. He just makes the wrong picks. Every time.

I personally think Eggert at right back was his call, although I am not so sure that he called Karipidis in midfield instead of, say Eggert in midfield at the start of the season.

I simply dont believe that there is this continual desire amongst managers at Hearts to play centre backs in midfield. That quite simply is too consistently bizarre a decision to be made by anyone other than somebody that has been there for the duration of these decisions being made

I dont think Adrian at right wing was his call. I think it was communicated by Botchup. I think it was one of these together decisions

I believe Csaba has shown his nous and ability to spot things quickly with players and his moving of Jonsson to right back will prove inspired. I'm equally certain that his hand is being forced with regard Karipidis as Romanov believes he has reasonable transfer fee potential. Due to the fact VR is also a big fan of Zaliukas and Berra is 'captain' he is insisting Karipidis plays in the holding role (which ain't working given we have lost 8 goals in 5 games).

And I dont think that midfield slot has been earth shatteringly successful - our goals against part validates that

I simply dont believe that there is this continual desire amongst managers at Hearts to play centre/right backs in midfield. That quite simply is too consistently bizarre a decision to be made by anyone other than somebody that has been there for the duration of these decisions being made

Hibs and Rangers both used a defender in midfield this weekend.

:)

So Frail picked the team? But Csaba doesn't?

All the head coaches (and there's been quite a few now) have had input to varying degrees. Equally all have suffered interference to varying degrees. Neither of these things will ever change under this regime, in my opinion.

I believe Csaba has shown his nous and ability to spot things quickly with players and his moving of Jonsson to right back will prove inspired. I'm equally certain that his hand is being forced with regard Karipidis as Romanov believes he has reasonable transfer fee potential. Due to the fact VR is also a big fan of Zaliukas and Berra is 'captain' he is insisting Karipidis plays in the holding role (which ain't working given we have lost 8 goals in 5 games).

5 of the 8 goals conceded have come from errors or as a result of poor play from Lee Wallace and Juho Makela so I don't think defensive midfield can take the blame for the goals against column.

Hobos have always wanted to be like us so that explains that one. Rankgers got beat from Kaunas so thought they should try and emulate them ?

:P

Hibs and Rangers also have vastly superior strikers so may be in a position to sacrifice an attacking midfielder :)

So why not Zal in midfield since that is what we have done before ? Why no Ruben in the team ? Why no Shammy starting ? Why was Klimek, Beniusis, Ivas etc all sent home ?

These things just don't add up to what some of you think. The world is not black and white, it is glorious technicolour.

5 of the 8 goals conceded have come from errors or as a result of poor play from Lee Wallace and Juho Makela so I don't think defensive midfield can take the blame for the goals against column.

Funnily enough I think that you will find that a huge proportion of goals in football matches come from mistakes.

Given we are playing with a centre half (our best one imo) as a holding midfielder I'd say he is definetely to blame to some degree even if there are people more culpable than him. The lack of leadership at the back and the unwillingness to go that extra yard and put the body on the line is evident in every game as is the lack of any pride in keeping a clean sheet. Berra's half hearted block for the winner on Saturday is the perfect example of that.

These things just don't add up to what some of you think. The world is not black and white, it is glorious technicolour.

I think that's the point, very little adds up and hasn't for nearly 3 years. It is a complete scattergun approach to everything with no cohesive plan, no balance to the squad, playing people (as many as 5 on Saturday) out of position, fitness and injury issues, players consistently brought to the club who are no better than what we have etc etc

Funnily enough I think that you will find that a huge proportion of goals in football matches come from mistakes.

Given we are playing with a centre half (our best one imo) as a holding midfielder I'd say he is definetely to blame to some degree even if there are people more culpable than him. The lack of leadership at the back and the unwillingness to go that extra yard and put the body on the line is evident in every game as is the lack of any pride in keeping a clean sheet. Berra's half hearted block for the winner on Saturday is the perfect example of that.

Yes but very few of the goals have been as a result of direct errors by Karipidis or Stewart or from mistakes in midfield - Wallace & Makela have made bad errors or poor play that other teams have immediately capitalised on and scored - also one of the goals against was a penalty against Wallace.

Do you think if Palazeulos or anybody else had played instead of Karipidis these goals would have been prevented? I don't!

Do you think if Palazeulos or anybody else had played instead of Karipidis these goals would have been prevented? I don't!

No but I do think we would have won the home game against St Mirren more easily and the away game against Hamilton more easily and I also firmly believe we would have scored more than 1 goal in the 2nd half on Saturday when we dominated possession and needed a better passer on the ball. Karipidis for me is an excellent centre half but a below average SPL holding midfielder.

No but I do think we would have won the home game against St Mirren more easily and the away game against Hamilton more easily and I also firmly believe we would have scored more than 1 goal in the 2nd half on Saturday when we dominated possession and needed a better passer on the ball. Karipidis for me is an excellent centre half but a below average SPL holding midfielder.

Well fair enough that is an argument though for Csaba to be a bit more attack minded in certain games though it doesn't explain the goals against column being higher than it should - of course most goals are errors or attackers being sharper to react than defenders but at least 3 of our 8 goals conceded have been as a result of simple (criminal) mis-control of the ball....

Also Karipidis did make way for Ruben in the latter stages of saturdays game as we sought a winner however that wasn't enough to prevent us losing the game as a result of Wallace conceding possesion in our own half behind the midfielders and putting the defence under sever pressure from which they scored.

Geoff Kilpatrick

That's where I have to disagree. I think Karipidis is rubbish as a centre half. He gets pushed off the ball far too easily and makes mistakes as a consequence.

We should have signed an outright stopper in the window and sold Karipidis but he's probably earning more than he would earn back in Greece so he's happy to stay.

cracovia 88 jambo

Football is not the difficult game it can sometimes seems.

All your manager (in general any manager of any team) need do is give your best players of every position an appearance at start of game. 5 players out of position is not good for any team and it seems to me that Hearts have two many defender at start of each game.

I think that if you are looking for bravery from Karipidis then you will be waiting a long time.

Jam Tarts 1874
Shaba picked the team on Friday and was told that Gary Glen wasn't playing. Result... See for yourselves. Shaba-vlads glove puppet. Sad but true.

One of the most ridiculous and inaccurate opening posts ever.

Should there be a seperate board for some people to attack and defend Vlad and then this whole site might be more interesting for most fans? Or ban it for a month and give educated debate a chance?

Archived