Sectarian court case

Stevenauskas

"Hello hello" isn't banned but the sweetie-paper rustlers and PC brigade have deemed it "unacceptable", at Tynecastle at least. This despite the fact they don't know the song's history or words. They don't know why it's "bad", in their mind it just is. The vast majority of them don't even know the meaning of sectarian and bigot.

I have to say it cracks me up on here when some of them post the words to Hearts songs, and they get them totally wrong - the Hearts song itself, and the European song, being prime and shameful examples.

For the umpteenth time, it isn't anything to do with sweetie wrapper brigades or even political correctness. It's about arsewipes who can't resist but sing the words they know they shouldn't...there are still tons of them and that's why people are worried we'll get into trouble. They take great delight in screaming the 'bad' version at top of their lungs with some sort of weird sense of misplaced defiance, but basically they're just neddish morons.

Sort them out and then maybe the song would be more welcome at Tynecastle again. You can't blame people for wanting to protect their club.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snake Plissken
For the umpteenth time, it isn't anything to do with sweetie wrapper brigades or even political correctness. It's about arsewipes who can't resist but sing the words they know they shouldn't...there are still tons of them and that's why people are worried we'll get into trouble. They take great delight in screaming the 'bad' version at top of their lungs with some sort of weird sense of misplaced defiance, but basically they're just neddish morons.

Sort them out and then maybe the song would be more welcome at Tynecastle again. You can't blame people for wanting to protect their club.

Enough talking sense!

REAL fans sing whatever they want and back the team

...for 70 minutes or so.

If someone wants to sing this song it has nothing to do with you. Get over it. :)

As for the OP - nice one !! Get it right up these filthy weidgie ****. :)

I remember the night hibs played morton in the cup and i was listening to the radio,when morton scored their fans were belting out hull,hullo.

Not a peep was said by the broadcasters.

Commander Harris

that's a fair point and, as I was saying earlier, you acknowledge that it's a pragmatic decision. There are others who do make the spurious argument that it's a Rangers song, that it has nothing to do with Hearts and we shouldn't associate ourselves with them etc etc or even that the tune itself is sectarian. These arguments just don't stand up when the history of Hello Hello at Tynie is considered.

So why should we let these few arseholes ruin what is a tremendously rousing song?!

The fact we no longer sing 'Hello,hello' as a group has been a massive loss to Tynie's atmosphere imo.

You can't blame people for wanting to protect their club.

Eh? :eek:

Protecting the club by not accepting any version of Hello Hello. How does that work then? :rolleyes:

What would happen if the 1986 squad was reformed as a half time choir and belted out Hello Hello as they did on the famous record they cut? I suspect you'd probably be ok about it, but the rest of your sweetie-paper rustlers and PC brigade colleagues would probably boo it and write letters of complaint to the club because they "know it's naughty". Can you not educate them?

that's a fair point and, as I was saying earlier, you acknowledge that it's a pragmatic decision. There are others who do make the spurious argument that it's a Rangers song, that it has nothing to do with Hearts and we shouldn't associate ourselves with them etc etc or even that the tune itself is sectarian. These arguments just don't stand up when the history of Hello Hello at Tynie is considered.

Yep, totally agree. It is...or was...a Hearts song. But not anymore, thanks to those ***** who just can't behave themselves. I'd love to hear the 'good' version sung again but I just cannot see it happening while some elements of our support continue to encourage moronic and obviously sectarian behaviour from the younger, impressionable fans....and amongst themselves too. Most are old enough and ugly enough to know better too.

So why should we let these few arseholes ruin what is a tremendously rousing song?!

The fact we no longer sing 'Hello,hello' as a group has been a massive loss to Tynie's atmosphere imo.

They have ruined it. There's no 'letting them' about it.

It's a sad state of affairs but I'm happy to see the back of it if it means shutting them up and saving our club from incurring any penalties.

it means shutting them up and saving our club from incurring any penalties.

Can you give an example of any club in Scotland being penalised for their supporters singing an "offensive" song?

Eh? :eek:

Protecting the club by not accepting any version of Hello Hello. How does that work then? :rolleyes:

What would happen if the 1986 squad was reformed as a half time choir and belted out Hello Hello as they did on the famous record they cut? I suspect you'd probably be ok about it, but the rest of your sweetie-paper rustlers and PC brigade colleagues would probably boo it and write letters of complaint to the club because they "know it's naughty". Can you not educate them?

How does it work? Quite simply, you don't sing it anymore at all. I don't know where you sit in the stadium but I'm up in the Main Stand where it isn't particularly rowdy in any way....but you still hear the 'bad' lyrics there on the few occasions where someone does try to get the song going. It's still a problem, therefore it can't be sung.

If the 1986 squad reformed to sing it on the pitch, I'd laugh my arse off and then go out and buy it. As for my colleagues, I haven't a scoobie who you're on about. I don't know any sweetie paper rustlers or hand wringers I'm afraid. But you should write to the club with that idea, any 'renaissance' of that song with the good lyrics would be a good thing....it would drown out the schemies and that's always a bonus.

Like I said before, if you want to blame someone for the demise of this song, blame the neds in our support. It's a shame they're so bloody thick.

Well done to the OP.

I hope you didn't get banned from all grounds while you were awaiting your court date, as many others have.

Like I said before, if you want to blame someone for the demise of this song, blame the neds in our support. It's a shame they're so bloody thick.

Listen, you and your tut-tut mates are to blame for the dreadful atmosphere at Tynecastle due to your ludicrous unilateral decisions as to what's acceptable and what's not. Where once we had a raucous, inspiring wall of noise we now have a lifeless, atmosphere-free stadium that doesn't get going for any games. The reason our home record is so abysmal is in large part due to you and your ilk. :mad: :mad:

Fortunately we can still find proper lively Hearts supporters at away games and in Europe.

Guest jambomickey
Listen, you and your tut-tut mates are to blame for the dreadful atmosphere at Tynecastle due to your ludicrous unilateral decisions as to what's acceptable and what's not. Where once we had a raucous, inspiring wall of noise we now have a lifeless, atmosphere-free stadium that doesn't get going for any games. The reason our home record is so abysmal is in large part due to you and your ilk. :mad: :mad:

Fortunately we can still find proper lively Hearts supporters at away games and in Europe.

the problem in our support is there's a small section who think red hand of ulster flags are acceptable and songs more acceptable to rangers supporters

I agree with Therapist on this. I'm not meaning to have a go at Redm but the intimidation has gone from Tynecastle and it's been replaced by women an kids. From a purely selfish point of view I'd love us to skip back a few years before football became the new cinema.

May I be the 1st to apologise to you and your mates that you cannot sing 'No surrender, Derry Walls, Union Kack etc...'.

It is down to fans like you that made Tynecastle the fortress it once was.

Lest we forget.

Fowler and Forrest would both like to give their congratulations to Stevenauskas for finally winning justice over those ****my Glaswegian *******s.

We?ll request a The Enemy song at the start of work tonight and dedicate it to you mate - along with every free alcoholic beverage we drink!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I guarentee every person who has ever attended a Hearts game has sung the song at one point or another.

Best song we have.

Guest jambomickey
May I be the 1st to apologise to you and your mates that you cannot sing 'No surrender, Derry Walls, Union Kack etc...'.

It is down to fans like you that made Tynecastle the fortress it once was.

Lest we forget.

tynecastle can be a fortress by backing the team and singing football songs mate! i was very pleased at hamilton to hear the amount of hearts supporters who were disgusted at seeing red hand of ulster flags within our support, i'll say this the next time i see them or sectarian singing i'll be reporting it to the police and taking the seat numbers and reporting it to campbell ogilvie because it's not got any place suporting hearts

the next time i see them or sectarian singing i'll be reporting it to the police and taking the seat numbers and reporting it to campbell ogilvie because it's not got any place suporting hearts

Not wanting to get into a flag debate, but the RHoU is neither illegal nor offensive. But carry on with your crusade. You'll either end up grassing someone who's not in their own seat or getting a punch in the mouth. Having said that, I think it's far more likely you'll do what all of your type do - do nothing apart from come on here and moan about it.

Guest jambomickey
Not wanting to get into a flag debate, but the RHoU is neither illegal nor offensive. But carry on with your crusade. You'll either end up grassing someone who's not in their own seat or getting a punch in the mouth. Having said that, I think it's far more likely you'll do what all of your type do - do nothing apart from come on here and moan about it.

i can assure you as a shareholder/season ticket holder i will do what i've said i will do! as i've said it was fantastic to see the amount of hearts supporters who were disgusted with it at hamilton

Guest jambomickey

and your wrong seat won't work because i'll take a photo of the ones that's doing it

and your wrong seat won't work because i'll take a photo of the ones that's doing it

That's a great idea. Particularly as tickets aren't linked to a photo of the buyer. :rolleyes: And I'm sure they'll happily pose while you take their pic. :P

What will you do when you take one of these miscreants to task? Show them your season ticket book or share certificate as a quasi-warrant card? :)

You are proper fizzing mate eh?

I can picture you hammering those words onto your keyboard.

Hilarious.

Guest jambomickey
That's a great idea. Particularly as tickets aren't linked to a photo of the buyer. :rolleyes: And I'm sure they'll happily pose while you take their pic. :P

What will you do when you take one of these miscreants to task? Show them your season ticket book or share certificate as a quasi-warrant card? :)

i can't believe that you can't see that there's no place for it following hearts! the good thing about it is your thoughts on this is a small minority within our support

Guest jambomickey
You are proper fizzing mate eh?

I can picture you hammering those words onto your keyboard.

Hilarious.

i just feel strongly about it to be honest with you! i had the bairn with me at ibrox the other week and there was a couple of young lads who should have been in the rangers end and at hamilton you wouldn't believe the amount of hearts fans who were disgusted, in short i don't want my kids listening to that crap at hearts games

A song consists of words and music -- the music is itself used in various songs not just this 'version'

The original wording was of course copied from the west of the country and was sung by the majority of the crowd however as times move on and people's knowledge increases it becomes clear the words are not suitable for the modern age -- changes are then made to the wording and to be honest the 'modern' version really has little to bother anyone and it is only because of political correctness and this fear of somehow being banned for singing this tune has meant people are now inhibited from singing it.

There is or should be no problem singing it IF ALL PEOPLE would sing the modern version -- problem is there are approx 5% of our support who would not -- same as flag waving etc -- the question has to be asked is it more trouble than it is worth ?

i can't believe that you can't see that there's no place for it following hearts! the good thing about it is your thoughts on this is a small minority within our support

Anyone who get's this worked up over a flag wants to get a life. If you don't like a flag, don't wave it. But stop coming on here with your crusade against anyone who has a different opinion to yourself. You can't get thousands of people together and expect everyone to have the same opinions and viewpoints so get used to it and try not to fall of your pedestal.

What exactly are you going to report people for? Flying flags? The police will laugh at you and rightly so. It's called time wasting.

Well done Stevie, glad you got the verdict I'm sure you deserved.

Don't see what he could claim under. Expenses are paid for time on court and if the fiscal believes the evidence given to them by police is sufficient then they are duty bound to bring it before a judge (Sheriff court I presume?).

If Steve had been discriminated against because of his case then it is the people who discriminated against him he would have a claim against because he had been found not guilty and has committed no offence in the eyes of the law.

Having spoken to someone about this, if your complaint states that you regard the officers in question as having committed perjury you may find things suddenly move.

THEN ask for immdeitate repayment of all of your expenses as a result, making a full claim for all your time wasted ....

Guest jambomickey
Anyone who get's this worked up over a flag wants to get a life. If you don't like a flag, don't wave it. But stop coming on here with your crusade against anyone who has a different opinion to yourself. You can't get thousands of people together and expect everyone to have the same opinions and viewpoints so get used to it and try not to fall of your pedestal.

What exactly are you going to report people for? Flying flags? The police will laugh at you and rightly so. It's called time wasting.

i have no problem with people having a difference of opinion! my problem is following hearts is not the place to be doing it, there's no place following hearts for those flags or the hatred i heard coming from there mouths

i just feel strongly about it to be honest with you! i had the bairn with me at ibrox the other week and there was a couple of young lads who should have been in the rangers end and at hamilton you wouldn't believe the amount of hearts fans who were disgusted, in short i don't want my kids listening to that crap at hearts games

If you don't like it, don't take your kids. Don't spoil it for every one else just because your unhappy.

An extremely selfish and childish attitude. "I don't like it, so it must stop."

If any one is commiting a sectarian or racist act in the Hearts crowd the stewards/police will deal with it.

If you don't like it, don't take your kids. Don't spoil it for every one else just because your unhappy.

If any one is commiting a sectarian or racist act in the Hearts crowd the stewards/police will deal with it.

I think Mick might have been an only child. It's my baw and I'm taking it :mad::rolleyes:

MacDonald Jardine
i have no problem with people having a difference of opinion! my problem is following hearts is not the place to be doing it, there's no place following hearts for those flags or the hatred i heard coming from there mouths

Maybe it's no place for a sensitive soul with Republican tendencies.

Guest jambomickey

i'm sorry to tell you the kids are the future of our club and now is the time to educate them against this cancer in our society, there's no place for it at heart of midlothian football club

Guest jambomickey
Maybe it's no place for a sensitive soul with Republican tendencies.

were you at hamilton? if you were did you take notice at the amount of hearts supporters who were disgusted?

i'm sorry to tell you the kids are the future of our club and now is the time to educate them against this cancer in our society, there's no place for it at heart of midlothian football club

Yes they are, not just yours though. Also, what is this said 'cancer of society'?

Are there drug dealers, rapists and murders in the Hearts end? Or a few people singing a few songs you don't agree with?

Guest jambomickey
Yes they are, not just yours though. Also, what is this said 'cancer of society'?

Are there drug dealers, rapists and murders in the Hearts end? Or a few people singing a few songs you don't agree with?

i'm not just talking about the cancer within our crowd mate as i've said on here many times the sellick fans are a disgrace with there songs about illegal irish terrorists, following hearts is not the place to be flying these flags and listening to the hatred i heard at ibrox and hamilton

i'm not just talking about the cancer within our crowd mate as i've said on here many times the sellick fans are a disgrace with there songs about illegal irish terrorists, following hearts is not the place to be flying these flags and listening to the hatred i heard at ibrox and hamilton

Are you new to football? If you want away from anger and rivalry then perhaps football isn't the sport for you. Have you tried 10pin bowling? I hear the kids love it.

Guest jambomickey
Are you new to football? If you want away from anger and rivalry then perhaps football isn't the sport for you. Have you tried 10pin bowling? I hear the kids love it.

new to football? i've probably followed hearts before you were even born and have follwed hearts all over europe

I see where your coming from but it'll never change. We'll all still hate the opposition, some more than others.

I think every one who posts on here grew up with the hatred in the stands, and it done us no harm? It's part of growing up watching football.

Maybe away matches have come too soon for your kids if you don't agree with the behaviour of some people? Take them to Tyncastle every home game instead, you'll hear a pin drop for 89 minutes.

new to football? i've probably followed hearts before you were even born and have follwed hearts all over europe

And hearing hatred in the stands is a new thing to you? Or is it just because your kids are on the scene that football crowds should change the way they act?

Guest jambomickey
I see where your coming from but it'll never change. We'll all still hate the opposition, some more than others.

I think every one who posts on here grew up with the hatred in the stands, and it done us no harm? It's part of growing up watching football.

Maybe away matches have come too soon for your kids if you don't agree with the behaviour of some people? Take them to Tyncastle every home game instead, you'll hear a pin drop for 89 minutes.

well at least your argument is a sensible one mate and your obviously not filled with the hatred i seen at both ibrox and hamilton

Jambof3tornado

He has every right to take his kids,and every right to have them protected from any sectarian/racist attitudes that a minority of our supporters hold.

It is this minority that spoil it for the majority who realise that football has moved on from the throwing of bananas at black players and from the waving of flags which many see as symbols of terrorism.

Do those who feel the need to sing sectarian songs at football matches do the same come monday morning whilst sitting at their office desks?

The debate shall roll on and on,but I am right!!:)

Guest jambomickey
And hearing hatred in the stands is a new thing to you? Or is it just because your kids are on the scene that football crowds should change the way they act?

sorry mate i just think following hearts is not the place for it!

For my sins, My and a mate went to a boring 0-0 draw at Ibrox about 10 years ago. We were about 19 at the time and full of tennent and aftershock. We were wrecked and went for a pish at half time, the next thing i knew we had both been huckled from the toilet and marched to the cells. No explantion from the wonderful Glasgow police! We were released from Govan station later that night after a singsong in the cells.

I thought that would be the end of that. A month later i recieved a letter from the fuzz informing me i had been charged for 'trying to incite a riot'? I supposedly achieved this by running towards the huns shouting 'ya ****ing weegie barstewards'.

I went to court about 5 times waiting for the police to turn up in my lovely new suit surrounded by the **** of glasgow who can just about manage to put on thier kappa tracksuit and burberry cap to attend court.

When the police did turn up their stories were completely different apart from the fact the when quizzed by my layer they were both 100% sure that i had a broad Edinburgh accent.

I managed to get one sentence out when i was on the stand and the judge heard my local tounge, and called and end to the charge and ruled that i was admonished? It was quite clear the police had wrongley arrested me and then lied in court. I never even got an apology. I dont even know what admonised means, any ideas if i will have a criminal record now?

"i am a born and bred Glaswegian Jambo"

Dont worry about that - there are many of us who are "enlightened"

That is a very strange comment to make....:rolleyes:

Why would you even think to use the word 'illegal' in this context ?

Just who are the 'Legal' Irish Terrorists ?

Very strange phrase for anyone to use...

well at least your argument is a sensible one mate and your obviously not filled with the hatred i seen at both ibrox and hamilton

That's because I wasn't there. :)

He has every right to take his kids,and every right to have them protected from any sectarian/racist attitudes that a minority of our supporters hold.

It is this minority that spoil it for the majority who realise that football has moved on from the throwing of bananas at black players and from the waving of flags which many see as symbols of terrorism.

Do those who feel the need to sing sectarian songs at football matches do the same come monday morning whilst sitting at their office desks?

Yes, he does. But it's not a perfect world and it will not happen. If you go to Sellick Park or Easter Road, you'll here pure venom from the away end.

Football has moved on from abusing black players. Well, apart from Motherwell and Croatia. I don't think I've ever seen a symbol of terrorism in the Hearts end but that's a debate for another day.

I'd imagine not, no. But they are under regulations of their employer and may lose their jobs. When at the football, the majority of supporters let their hair down and do as they please.

Hello Hello is not a sectarian song. FACT. :)

Guest jambomickey
That is a very strange comment to make....:rolleyes:

Why would you even think to use the word 'illegal' in this context ?

Just who are the 'Legal' Irish Terrorists ?

Very strange phrase for anyone to use...

point i was making mate was i don't think there's any place for it in football from either side! as far as i'm concerned lets fly football flags and sing football songs

Archived