Sectarian court case

Stevenauskas

Guest jambomickey
I think I am completely right. Unless you can show me where HMFC have stated the song 'Hello Hello' is banned from Tynecastle and anyone singing it will be removed from the premises...

I get a feeling they haven't done this...:rolleyes:

your not naive enough to know the add ons are unacceptable

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If one word in the song is sectarian that is enough to make it a sectarian song. Actually, I'd add that the "surrender or you'll die" part also makes it sectarian since that has been lifted from Derry's Walls (a song that has nothing to do with Hearts and, although some say it is an innocent folk song I don't go along with that).

Maybe there are more "Hibee" singers now than before - to be honest whenever I have heard it in the past season or so it just peters out before that line comes anyway. I tend not to drink in any pubs where the song would be sung.

My full apologies. It was Therapist who made that point two pages ago. How I managed to confuse the two of you I'll never know, a senior moment I'm afraid. I take it back.

But one word is only in the song if you sing it. If you don't it is not sectarian. As for the 'Surrender' bit I see where you are coming from but that is flimsy at best. The 'Surrender' bit these days is mostly directed at Hobo Leith living vermin ****, or whoever else we are playing.

At the end of the day no Official party thinks the song should be banned or is sectarian. That is pretty clear. If someone wants to sing it fine. If some Celtic fan at Parkhead wants to sing the Fields of Athenry that is fine. Neither song has anything intrinsically wrong with it. However a number of either fan group sings it with certain 'thoughts' in mind. Until we can have mind reading machines installed at each and every ground , you can't just assume these people are diong anything other than singing a song they like that has been associated with their teams for years. If no sectarian or racist words are included then I don't have a problem with it.

As for confusing me with Therapist :eek:

I can't wait until the days when we go to Tynie and moving/speaking/singing/shouting/swearing are offences that will result in instant dismissal from the ground... It'll be great for the kids, they are after all, the future...

What a load of ****e!

All those saying this- you were once the future, you were brought up in the 'bad old days'- doesn't seem to have affected you. If anything i think the enviroment of a hostile football stadium can be GOOD for kids. Gives them an idea of things in the real world. Wrapping your kids in cotton wool will do them a lot more harm imo.

I've been a ST holder since i was 5- thought of my Dad as a Saint until we went to the football, where he becomes at times a different man. It is still to this day the only place he ever swears. It happens.

I've witnessed this, heard and sung Hullo Hullo amongst others, heard some of the worst language and taunts (sometimes funny, sometimes ott) and seen violence all at the football. I've drank in nice pubs and i've drunk in some of the grottiest pubs in Scotland. I'm now well on my way to becoming a lawyer- hasn't done me much harm. And it hasn't done thousands upon thousands of others any harm over the years.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I can't wait until the days when we go to Tynie and moving/speaking/singing/shouting/swearing are offences that will result in instant dismissal from the ground... It'll be great for the kids, they are after all, the future...

What a load of ****e!

All those saying this- you were once the future, you were brought up in the 'bad old days'- doesn't seem to have affected you. If anything i think the enviroment of a hostile football stadium can be GOOD for kids. Gives them an idea of things in the real world. Wrapping your kids in cotton wool will do them a lot more harm imo.

I've been a ST holder since i was 5- thought of my Dad as a Saint until we went to the football, where he becomes at times a different man. It is still to this day the only place he ever swears. It happens.

I've witnessed this, heard and sung Hullo Hullo amongst others, heard some of the worst language and taunts (sometimes funny, sometimes ott) and seen violence all at the football. I've drank in nice pubs and i've drunk in some of the grottiest pubs in Scotland. I'm now well on my way to becoming a lawyer- hasn't done me much harm. And it hasn't done thousands upon thousands of others any harm over the years.

Please refrain from posting reasonable and sensible information. The PC brigace will only ignore it anyway.

your not naive enough to know the add ons are unacceptable

That is why I am advocating people singing the songs without these words...

Which is not against any law or any rule for Tynecastle....

Guest S.U.S.S.
no i haven't but looking at his opinions sine i've been on jkb he seems sensible

There must be two coppercrutchs then. :)

PS Just dont mention house prices.

Guest jambomickey

What a load of ****e!

nobodys saying don't sing football song or fly football flags! politics and religion have no place at football

Guest jambomickey
That is why I am advocating people singing the songs without these words...

Which is not against any law or any rule for Tynecastle....

that's fine if a small section of our support would do that, but they won't! honestly the hatred i heard from 2 young lads at ibrox was totally unacceptable and it was great to see how many hearts fans were disgusted with red hand of ulster flag within our support at hamilton

MacDonald Jardine
(1) Hello Hello is not a sectarian song. Please just accept that. If you don’t agree with the song fine that is your opinion. It is not sectarian though. One word in it is.

(3) If you think that more people sing 'Fenian' than 'Hibee' then it truly shows just how blinkered you are when it comes to this subject. Way' date=' way more people these days sing '[i']Hibee'[/i]. You are hearing what you want to hear. Simple as that.

QUOTE]

If one word in the song is sectarian that is enough to make it a sectarian song. Actually, I'd add that the "surrender or you'll die" part also makes it sectarian since that has been lifted from Derry's Walls (a song that has nothing to do with Hearts and, although some say it is an innocent folk song I don't go along with that).

Maybe there are more "Hibee" singers now than before - to be honest whenever I have heard it in the past season or so it just peters out before that line comes anyway. I tend not to drink in any pubs where the song would be sung.

My full apologies. It was Therapist who made that point two pages ago. How I managed to confuse the two of you I'll never know, a senior moment I'm afraid. I take it back.

In what way is Derry's Walls offensive?

Anyway, the "surrender or you'll die" line isn't lifted from Derry's Walls. It's lifted from the football terrace version.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I think I am completely right. Unless you can show me where HMFC have stated the song 'Hello Hello' is banned from Tynecastle and anyone singing it will be removed from the premises...

I get a feeling they haven't done this...:rolleyes:

You are missing the point. If the club say it's banned, it's banned. If the club tell you that smoking in the toilets isn't allowed, it isn't allowed. Now, if the club haven't stated that 'sectarian' songs (and using the word Fenian, is admittedly a grey area, but in the context of the song it's usage could be classed as sectarian given UEFA's previous ruling) then that is fair enough. However, my point remains and if the club were to say that Hello, Hello in whatever guise was unwelcome and would lead to repercussions for any fans chanting it, then the club are within their rights to do so.

You are missing the point. If the club say it's banned, it's banned. If the club tell you that smoking in the toilets isn't allowed, it isn't allowed. Now, if the club haven't stated that 'sectarian' songs (and using the word Fenian, is admittedly a grey area, but in the context of the song it's usage could be classed as sectarian given UEFA's previous ruling) then that is fair enough. However, my point remains and if the club were to say that Hello, Hello in whatever guise was unwelcome and would lead to repercussions for any fans chanting it, then the club are within their rights to do so.

Yes I see what you are saying. But they haven't !! So the argument is pretty pointless until they do so. Which I doubt they will. No other club has.

The song is not banned. So a member of the general public telling another fan they cannot sing it (As is happening on this site) really is being completely ignorant and selfish IMO.

Whether you agree with it or not is not the point. I wouldn't tell a dirty wiedgie Celtic fan they couldn't sing the Fields of Athenry.

Anyway I am bored of this now !! Been done a million times before.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Yes I see what you are saying. But they haven't !! So the argument is pretty pointless until they do so. Which I doubt they will. No other club has.

The song is not banned. So a member of the general public telling another fan they cannot sing it (As is happening on this site) really is being completely ignorant and selfish IMO.

Whether you agree with it or not is not the point. I wouldn't tell a dirty wiedgie Celtic fan they couldn't sing the Fields of Athenry.

Anyway I am bored of this now !! Been done a million times before.

Hmmm, my understanding was that a couple of years ago this was agreed with the fans groups and the club and that formed the basis of the conduct stated in the ST book. I'm happy to be disproved if that is the case.

And I would also point out that if the club were in any way threatened with action over that song (and I don't believe they will - the stench in Glasgow means that we shouldn't be targeted) they would explicitly ban it.

In what way is Derry's Walls offensive?

Anyway' date=' the "surrender or you'll die" line isn't lifted from Derry's Walls. It's lifted from the football terrace version.[/quote']

The fact that it is lifted from the football terrace version doesn't make it any better. You agree that the "surrender or your die" part of the song comes from that source.

I didn't mean to suggest that Derry's Walls is offensive, only that it is a song with no relevance whatsoever to HMFC.

In the context of Scottish football, Derry's Walls is sung by Rangers fans as (I assume) an expression of the close association between that club and the Orange / Loyalist part of the Northern Ireland community.

Whilst a minority of Hearts fans may have similar allegiances, as they are perfectly entitled to have, HMFC itself has no such history or traditions. HMFC is not in any way a Loyalist or Orange club.

Hmmm, my understanding was that a couple of years ago this was agreed with the fans groups and the club and that formed the basis of the conduct stated in the ST book. I'm happy to be disproved if that is the case.

And I would also point out that if the club were in any way threatened with action over that song (and I don't believe they will - the stench in Glasgow means that we shouldn't be targeted) they would explicitly ban it.

Think you are getting confused. If there was ever a rule at Tynie stating you can't sung Hello Hello I can't remember anyone ever mentioning it !!

The conduct thing was just the usual nonsense. Stuff that is reasonable - racism, sectarianism - but also random nonsense about abusive and foul language.

Load of ****.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Think you are getting confused. If there was ever a rule at Tynie stating you can't sung Hello Hello I can't remember anyone ever mentioning it !!

The conduct thing was just the usual nonsense. Stuff that is reasonable - racism, sectarianism - but also random nonsense about abusive and foul language.

Load of ****.

It may be a load of **** to you and that's your OPINION, however if those are the club rules then that overrides your opinion.

I don't believe there has ever been an explicit rule about Hello, Hello at Tynecastle and I would hope there wouldn't need to be one.

my understanding was that a couple of years ago this was agreed with the fans groups and the club and that formed the basis of the conduct stated in the ST book.

Yet more downright lies spouted by the hand-wringers to support their fragile argument. Their only reason for coming out with this disinformation is to try to intimidate those who are less questioning than myself into not singing it. Say it's banned enough times and it becomes a fact to the hard of intellect.

Incidentally, as for your reference to the "fans groups", they can GTF. They don't represent the vast majority of Hearts fans, they exist only so that many of their top lads can feel important and get freebies/special treatment from Mr Romanov and Hearts. Now that is a fact.

It may be a load of **** to you and that's your OPINION, however if those are the club rules then that overrides your opinion.

I don't believe there has ever been an explicit rule about Hello, Hello at Tynecastle and I would hope there wouldn't need to be one.

Aye, but those aren't the club rules...

There is no rule about Hello Hello. Of which we are agreed on. So the whole prremise of your argument - they can stop you singing this song if it is against their rules - is pretty pointless. Until it happens. Which we both agree it probably won't. So I don't quite get what you are arguing !! It is a theoretical situation that is extremely unlikely to happen. Waste of time arguing the point !!

Anyway they can have 'rules' against swearing and all the such if they want. We know they are just a token gesture. Same as the 'No-one under the influence of alcohol' law. If they were implemented football would die overnight !!

I think people should be allowed to say and sing whatever they want to in the public domain as long as it breaks no laws. If anyone can explain how there is something wrong with that well done?..

MacDonald Jardine

The fact that it is lifted from the football terrace version doesn't make it any better. You agree that the "surrender or your die" part of the song comes from that source.

I didn't mean to suggest that Derry's Walls is offensive' date=' only that it is a song with no relevance whatsoever to HMFC.[/b']

In the context of Scottish football, Derry's Walls is sung by Rangers fans as (I assume) an expression of the close association between that club and the Orange / Loyalist part of the Northern Ireland community.

Whilst a minority of Hearts fans may have similar allegiances, as they are perfectly entitled to have, HMFC itself has no such history or traditions. HMFC is not in any way a Loyalist or Orange club.

What you said was that you don't go along with the view it's an "innocent folk song".

That's more than just saying it has no relevance to HMFC.

You are doubtless right about the reason Rangers fans sing it.

It's also the reason you would hear it at Hearts games years ago.

Whether you like it ir not there is that background.

I could equally argue HMFC is not an anti Glasgow club so let's stop the "weegie" stuff.

We know they are just a token gesture.

Spot on. Hearts have the various warnings in the ST book, and create utter cack like the "Supporters Charter" (aka The Sweetie Paper Rustlers Handbook), because that's what's expected of them. More importantly, if anything "bad" happens the club can quite rightly turn round and say they did everything they could.

Incidentally CC, I wasn't particularly happy about being confused with you earlier in this thread. No offence. :P

Guest S.U.S.S.
Spot on. Hearts have the various warnings in the ST book, and create utter cack like the "Supporters Charter" (aka The Sweetie Paper Rustlers Handbook), because that's what's expected of them. More importantly, if anything "bad" happens the club can quite rightly turn round and say they did everything they could.

Incidentally CC, I wasn't particularly happy about being confused with you earlier in this thread. No offence. :P

Even Garry Glitter would be upset being confused with CC.

Been going to Tynecastle for many years (season ticket in section G for over 10 years) and growing up I used to love singing Hello Hello with gusto as it was the one song that really got everybody going and helped the atmosphere. I (almost) always sung the Hibbee version but as I got older I realised the other version is wrong and revolves around a West Coast mentality I don't want to be associated with.

I think the problem with the majority of this thread is people being too blinkered and not appreciating either groups standpoint instantly causing an impasse.

For what it is worth I'd like a 'clean' version of Hello Hello to come back but I am also aware of some people (not the majority despite what people think) who will sing their preferred version out of the dark ages.

Just one last point everybody if focussing on removing the up to knees in F***** blood but nobody is mentioning the 'Billy boys' part, for me I'd prefer that to be removed also as that is as much associated to der Hun as the other line.

Before anybody jumps in I do sing at games and I don't take sweeties with me !!!

We was convicted and will have a record.

Admonished means you are found guilty but will not face a penalty (ie a fine/community service/probation etc)

Having read this thread this morning i'm a bit confused. The above post means the OP was found guilty yet lots of posters are congratulating him.

Am i missing something?:confused:

Geoff Kilpatrick
Yet more downright lies spouted by the hand-wringers to support their fragile argument. Their only reason for coming out with this disinformation is to try to intimidate those who are less questioning than myself into not singing it. Say it's banned enough times and it becomes a fact to the hard of intellect.

Incidentally, as for your reference to the "fans groups", they can GTF. They don't represent the vast majority of Hearts fans, they exist only so that many of their top lads can feel important and get freebies/special treatment from Mr Romanov and Hearts. Now that is a fact.

Wait a minute! All I asked for was clarification as laid down in the ST book. For obvious reasons, I don't hold one. My understanding was that this "charter", for want of a better word, was in the ST book or was referred to in the ST book. If it isn't then fair enough.

EDIT: I would add that there are a lot of stupid rules in society. One example is 70mph on UK motorways. We all know you can be doing 90mph one day and be ignored by plod and then be pulled over for doing 75mph and get a ticket. The main reason being the plod's mood that day. It may not be "justified" but it doesn't mean that plod are within their rights.

And your opinion of the fans groups is irrelevant to your argument (and I do have a lot of sympathy with your opinion on it). The point is that if the club refer to this in their rules then they have the right to enforce it in any way they see fit.

I see the usual bigots on here foaming at the mouth at the prospect of getting Hullo Hullo started again at Tynecastle.

Pathetic vermin.

I see the usual bigots on here foaming at the mouth at the prospect of getting Hullo Hullo started again at Tynecastle.

Pathetic vermin.

Thanks for pointing out that most on one side of this argument can be reasonable and understanding. Many on the other side cannot. :rolleyes:

Your post sums up this debate better than anything else on this entire thread.

Congratulations.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Pathetic vermin.

Name the bigots and why you consider them such, also please provide the proof of your accusations or shut up.

the only pathetic ones are those who throw accusations around without backing them up.

Name the bigots and why you consider them such, also please provide the proof of your accusations or shut up.

the only pathetic ones are those who throw accusations around without backing them up.

Exactly, think its a bit out of order to be calling people "pathetic vermin", that titles reserved solely for the leithers. The only ones who seem to be foaming at the mouth are the PC brigade.

(1) Hello Hello is not a sectarian song. Please just accept that. If you don?t agree with the song fine that is your opinion. It is not sectarian though. One word in it is. A word that the singer has a choice of whether to say or not. You see that is what happens in a free and fair society. CHOICE?.

(2) When did I say this about the home record ? Doesn't ring a bell. I think our poor home record is down to one thing in particular - our team being **** for the past year !! I do think however that a better atmosphere cannot harm things. Hello hello adds to a better atmosphere. I don?t think anyone could argue with that.

(3) If you think that more people sing 'Fenian' than 'Hibee' then it truly shows just how blinkered you are when it comes to this subject. Way, way more people these days sing 'Hibee'. You are hearing what you want to hear. Simple as that.

The two opposing sides are never going to agree on this subject. However for one side to demand that the other stop singing a song that contains no sectarian lyrics is absolutely scandalous and incredible selfish. If you don?t want to sing it then fine. But give others the choice to make up their own mind. I don't even sing it myself that often. However if I feel like it I shall - because I see nothing wrong with it.

Either do Hearts.

Either to the SPL.

Either do the SFA.

Either do UEFA*

Either do FIFA.

Either do Killie.

Either do Celtic.

Either do Man Utd.

Either do Chelsea.

Either do Hibs.

Either do the Police.

The only people who haev an issue with this song are Jambos. I sort of understand where they are coming from. However the argument just does not stack up. Singing the song does not 'make' you anything.

*After their initial thoughts were changed in favour of common sense.

.... and what about the stewards at Celtic Park?

It was not banned at a conduct group meeting, though it was discussed. The Police rep said it was bigoted and the fans reps disagreed. One fans rep pointed out that the song was actually a traditional Hearts song which had been released by the club some years go. Both sides agreed however that singing "fenian blood" was not acceptable!

Guest S.U.S.S.
Exactly, think its a bit out of order to be calling people "pathetic vermin", that titles reserved solely for the leithers. The only ones who seem to be foaming at the mouth are the PC brigade.

Totally agree, i notice we are still waiting on Chuck to name and shame while showing us his evidence to back up his claims!

I was arrested and charged for singing the hibbee blood version of "Hullo, Hullo" at Celtic park as the judge decided that both feinan blood and hibbee blood are both bigoted!! I was grassed by two hearts fans cause i was standing up when singing and for over celabrating rudi's goal!!

Both cops im my case were equally as bad as the OP's were but even tho i had five witnesses and a police friends character reference i still got done! It makes me sick to think i now have a criminal record for supporting my team too much for the liking of two fellow hearts fans!!

I was grassed by two hearts fans

That's disgusting. :mad: :mad: :mad: Low lifes like that shouldn't be anywhere near our great club.

Listen, you and your tut-tut mates are to blame for the dreadful atmosphere at Tynecastle due to your ludicrous unilateral decisions as to what's acceptable and what's not. Where once we had a raucous, inspiring wall of noise we now have a lifeless, atmosphere-free stadium that doesn't get going for any games. The reason our home record is so abysmal is in large part due to you and your ilk. :mad: :mad:

Fortunately we can still find proper lively Hearts supporters at away games and in Europe.

Agreed mate.

Graveyard shift...It once was a cauldron...now its more like a morgue ffs.

Totally agree, i notice we are still waiting on Chuck to name and shame while showing us his evidence to back up his claims!

Think we'll be waiting awhile mate!!

judetheobscure

Lies? NO, you and your ilk just don't like to face up the the fact that the majority of fans find your hate filled self justification for all your twisted view of the world unacceptable. Your a relic that has been left behind. Sad thing is that deep down you know it's true which only causes you to hate everything more. Fitba fan? Don't make me laugh, it's only a peg for you to hang your anger at your own feelings of inadequacy on.

Lies? NO, you and your ilk just don't like to face up the the fact that the majority of fans find your hate filled self justification for all your twisted view of the world unacceptable. Your a relic that has been left behind. Sad thing is that deep down you know it's true which only causes you to hate everything more. Fitba fan? Don't make me laugh, it's only a peg for you to hang your anger at your own feelings of inadequacy on.

Save your bile please. :rolleyes:

One of the sweetie-paper-rustlers said "Hello Hello" is banned. It's not, therefore it's a lie. :)

judetheobscure
Save your bile please. :rolleyes:

One of the sweetie-paper-rustlers said "Hello Hello" is banned. It's not, therefore it's a lie. :)

Which verson do you like to belt out then in your 'real fans' cocoon? Suprise me.

Succinctly put.

I note the mouth foamers want answers as to why Hullo Hullo is bigoted blah de blah, you all know it, you all know why you sing it, so no need to play games.

The song belongs in the past, leave it there.

neverlikedElvis
For my sins, i am a born and bred Glaswegian Jambo. My and a mate went to a boring 0-0 draw at Ibrox about 10 years ago. We were about 19 at the time and full of tennent and aftershock. We were wrecked and went for a pish at half time, the next thing i knew we had both been huckled from the toilet and marched to the cells. No explantion from the wonderful Glasgow police! We were released from Govan station later that night after a singsong in the cells.

I thought that would be the end of that. A month later i recieved a letter from the fuzz informing me i had been charged for 'trying to incite a riot'? I supposedly achieved this by running towards the huns shouting 'ya ****ing weegie barstewards'.

I went to court about 5 times waiting for the police to turn up in my lovely new suit surrounded by the **** of glasgow who can just about manage to put on thier kappa tracksuit and burberry cap to attend court.

When the police did turn up their stories were completely different apart from the fact the when quizzed by my layer they were both 100% sure that i had a broad Edinburgh accent.

I managed to get one sentence out when i was on the stand and the judge heard my local tounge, and called and end to the charge and ruled that i was admonished? It was quite clear the police had wrongley arrested me and then lied in court. I never even got an apology. I dont even know what admonised means, any ideas if i will have a criminal record now?

dunno if it means you will have a criminal record but I regularly have to go through a Disclosure Scotland Check for my job and an Admonished Charge I was given shows up on that.

http://www.hearts-mad.net

Succinctly put.

I note the mouth foamers want answers as to why Hullo Hullo is bigoted blah de blah, you all know it, you all know why you sing it, so no need to play games.

The song belongs in the past, leave it there.

The only one foaming at the mouth seems to be you chuck. As anyone with a half a brain knows, the song isn't bigoted.

You might want to wipe some of that foam from your chin.

The Old Tolbooth
Surprised they went to court without the second cop willing to corroborate the story of the first. What a waste of taxpayers' money...

Strathclyde Police are a strange lot. I remember I was driving in Glasgow at about 9.20am. It was gloomy but effectively daylight. Nevertheless I had my sidelights on for safety. Went past a police car and saw in the rear view mirror them running and jumping into the car like Starsky and Hutch. Came after me through the city centre with blues and twos on. Pulled me over. Took me into the back of their car. Turned out the bulb had gone on one of my rear lights! Unbelievable! so I took the policeman and his partner's details while they took mine. I got the light fixed and a mechanic to sign the necessary form, took my papers into a police station with a letter to the Chief Constable saying that, with CID just having been done for lying in court, it was not great for public confidence for officers to drive at high risk thru the city centre over a broken bulb. The reply was full of spelling mistakes with a blase "having spoken to the officers I am satisfied they were doing their jobs". I had acknowledged that they were in my letter but that they were just ridiculously over-officious in doing it...

Incredible!

Sounds a bit like the SFA to me! :rolleyes:

Archived