Sectarian court case

Stevenauskas

Yo may remember i posted a while back that i got arrested at celtic park.Outside the stadium accused of singing sectarian songs.Have been at the court 4 times,Took the police till the last time to finally arrive at the court as the first couple of times they where on holiday or couldn't make it in,never heard so much crap!!!!well anyway the case finally ended when the first police officer lied to the judge about what i was singing,i honestly couldn't believe what he was saying,then the secon police officer came up to give evidence,she couldn't remember what she heard me singing and couldn't tell the judge the words that they thought is acceptable to arrest me.It was my turn o get up and say my thing,told them what i sung which wasn't what the police officer said.Told the pf that they were lying and i would never sing that kind of songs.Whats the need to do so anyway?Anyway was found not guilty which i was delighted with,what made it better was that the two police oficers didn't know where to look,must have thought they were gonna get me done...Complete waste of my time and the courts time if you ask me......

But JUSTICE HAS BEEN DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations mate.

Now what you need to do is put in a full written complaint about the officers who lied and see what happens.

Its about time that some of those polis tossers over in the weeg got what's been coming to them.

i think that if you have the time and can be bothered, you should sue them for all the time and money that you have wasted in going to court 4 times, to be completely given a not guilty, after all they would be quick enough to get you done if you wasted police time

Glad you got justice and I remember when you originally posted.

You should make a complaint against the police but be aware nothing will be done as football supporter get treated like **** and are guilty until proven innocent.

Bet it is a weight off your shoulders now.

I told you from day 1 not to worry. They had nowt on you.

Another case of Strathclyde rodants trying to smoke us out!

This verdict is a great victory for a great hearts song HULLO HULLO

Green light again!

Are you sure its actualy banned JKB?

Congratulations mate.

Now what you need to do is put in a full written complaint about the officers who lied and see what happens.

Its about time that some of those tossers over in the weeg got what's been coming to them.

Surprised they went to court without the second cop willing to corroborate the story of the first. What a waste of taxpayers' money...

Strathclyde Police are a strange lot. I remember I was driving in Glasgow at about 9.20am. It was gloomy but effectively daylight. Nevertheless I had my sidelights on for safety. Went past a police car and saw in the rear view mirror them running and jumping into the car like Starsky and Hutch. Came after me through the city centre with blues and twos on. Pulled me over. Took me into the back of their car. Turned out the bulb had gone on one of my rear lights! Unbelievable! so I took the policeman and his partner's details while they took mine. I got the light fixed and a mechanic to sign the necessary form, took my papers into a police station with a letter to the Chief Constable saying that, with CID just having been done for lying in court, it was not great for public confidence for officers to drive at high risk thru the city centre over a broken bulb. The reply was full of spelling mistakes with a blase "having spoken to the officers I am satisfied they were doing their jobs". I had acknowledged that they were in my letter but that they were just ridiculously over-officious in doing it...

Well done Stevie, glad you got the verdict I'm sure you deserved.

Don't see what he could claim under. Expenses are paid for time on court and if the fiscal believes the evidence given to them by police is sufficient then they are duty bound to bring it before a judge (Sheriff court I presume?).

If Steve had been discriminated against because of his case then it is the people who discriminated against him he would have a claim against because he had been found not guilty and has committed no offence in the eyes of the law.

might be wrong, but i am pretty sure expenses are only paid to witnessess and not defendents in criminal cases

I can't be certain (in court tomorrow, maybe I'll ask...) but I think any costs incurred are settled if the accused is found not guilty.

No they're not unfortunately.

Can I ask the OP what he WAS singing and what he was ACCUSED of singing ?

I can't be certain (in court tomorrow, maybe I'll ask...) but I think any costs incurred are settled if the accused is found not guilty.

costs are only incurred if the lawyer asks for them at time of trial (again i think)

Surprised they went to court without the second cop willing to corroborate the story of the first. What a waste of taxpayers' money...

Its a strange one. Proper police officers would have had a "wee chat" about the case before hand. Sounds like a pair of numpties who couldnt even get their lies right.;);)

costs are only incurred if the lawyer asks for them at time of trial (again i think)

Accused persons in criminal cases do not get expenses whether found not guilty or otherwise. Unless they can prove a miscarraige of justice or perjury in which case we'd be talking a hell of a lot more than refunding a day saver ticket and a foot long Subway

Commander Harris
Accused persons in criminal cases do not get expenses whether found not guilty or otherwise. Unless they can prove a miscarraige of justice or perjury in which case we'd be talking a hell of a lot more than refunding a day saver ticket and a foot long Subway

LOL.

funnily enough, that's exactly what I claimed for when I had to go up for Jury Duty. :)

portobellojambo1
No they're not unfortunately.

Can I ask the OP what he WAS singing and what he was ACCUSED of singing ?

I am guessing it was nothing sectarian OaG, considering a member of our bus was thrown out of the stadium for sectarian abuse. The words he uttered to a Celtic fan " are you a ST holder here". No expert on the subject but certain that doesn't constitute sectarian abuse, well not as I understand it anyway.

The police were on a mission that day, and any excuse was good enough for them, they made an ass of themselves and their profession.

Yo may remember i posted a while back that i got arrested at celtic park.Outside the stadium accused of singing sectarian songs.Have been at the court 4 times,Took the police till the last time to finally arrive at the court as the first couple of times they where on holiday or couldn't make it in,never heard so much crap!!!!well anyway the case finally ended when the first police officer lied to the judge about what i was singing,i honestly couldn't believe what he was saying,then the secon police officer came up to give evidence,she couldn't remember what she heard me singing and couldn't tell the judge the words that they thought is acceptable to arrest me.It was my turn o get up and say my thing,told them what i sung which wasn't what the police officer said.Told the pf that they were lying and i would never sing that kind of songs.Whats the need to do so anyway?Anyway was found not guilty which i was delighted with,what made it better was that the two police oficers didn't know where to look,must have thought they were gonna get me done...Complete waste of my time and the courts time if you ask me......

Thank god, the cogs of British justice are lazy and incompetent fools.

BTW, it's a sheriff;)

Its a strange one. Proper police officers would have had a "wee chat" about the case before hand. Sounds like a pair of numpties who couldnt even get their lies right.;);)

It's illegal, so far as I know. Police officers must write up their notes at the time of the incident and independent of one another. I remember this because I did jury service in Edinburgh over 20 years ago where a defence brief had a field day with police officers who were obviously lying under oath. Because thier statements were almost verbatim .

I can't understand why in this case , police witnesses didn't appear but the case wasn't thrown out. But if that is true , I'd think a civil claim would be a formality for damages.

congratulations mate, can't believe you've had so much time wasted by a bunch of power tripping arseholes believing they're above the law.

I am guessing it was nothing sectarian OaG, considering a member of our bus was thrown out of the stadium for sectarian abuse. The words he uttered to a Celtic fan " are you a ST holder here". No expert on the subject but certain that doesn't constitute sectarian abuse, well not as I understand it anyway.

The police were on a mission that day, and any excuse was good enough for them, they made an ass of themselves and their profession.

I wasnt getting at the guy, he seems to have done the square root of feck all so its good that he didnt get stitched up for feck all. I just wondered what the difference between what he sung and what he was accued of singing was.

It's illegal, so far as I know. Police officers must write up their notes at the time of the incident and independent of one another.

Christ imagine the carnage and anarchy if they didnt follow the rules all the time ?

;)

Jambof3tornado
I told you from day 1 not to worry. They had nowt on you.

Another case of Strathclyde rodants trying to smoke us out!

This verdict is a great victory for a great hearts song HULLO HULLO

Green light again!

Are you sure its actualy banned JKB?

No NO and for a third time NO!!!

Move on and forget this song,it has no relevance to our great team. Unless of course your great team is in fact glasgow rangers fc.:sad:

Move on and forget this song,it has no relevance to our great team. Unless of course your great team is in fact glasgow rangers fc.:sad:

If someone wants to sing this song it has nothing to do with you. Get over it. :)

As for the OP - nice one !! Get it right up these filthy weidgie ****. :)

For my sins, i am a born and bred Glaswegian Jambo. My and a mate went to a boring 0-0 draw at Ibrox about 10 years ago. We were about 19 at the time and full of tennent and aftershock. We were wrecked and went for a pish at half time, the next thing i knew we had both been huckled from the toilet and marched to the cells. No explantion from the wonderful Glasgow police! We were released from Govan station later that night after a singsong in the cells.

I thought that would be the end of that. A month later i recieved a letter from the fuzz informing me i had been charged for 'trying to incite a riot'? I supposedly achieved this by running towards the huns shouting 'ya ****ing weegie barstewards'.

I went to court about 5 times waiting for the police to turn up in my lovely new suit surrounded by the **** of glasgow who can just about manage to put on thier kappa tracksuit and burberry cap to attend court.

When the police did turn up their stories were completely different apart from the fact the when quizzed by my layer they were both 100% sure that i had a broad Edinburgh accent.

I managed to get one sentence out when i was on the stand and the judge heard my local tounge, and called and end to the charge and ruled that i was admonished? It was quite clear the police had wrongley arrested me and then lied in court. I never even got an apology. I dont even know what admonised means, any ideas if i will have a criminal record now?

SO what were you singing?

For my sins, I've worked in Glasgow for the last 12 years (still stay in the east).

I've had to deal with the Strathclyde police force on a couple of occasions (non football related) and can honestly say that they have done there jobs very efficiently. Would agree that the attitude of the police does seem to change whilst at football matches.

Anyway, to the OP, glad to hear justice was done.

Glad you got justice and I remember when you originally posted.

You should make a complaint against the police but be aware nothing will be done as football supporter get treated like **** and are guilty until proven innocent.

Bet it is a weight off your shoulders now.

Having gone through exactly the same many, many years ago in Dumfries - including a weekend in the cells, I regretted not suing the police!!!

Consult a lawyer and seriously consider it!

Apart from the obvious injustice - and that should not be downplayed - the sheer waste of the taxpayers money should be highlighted!!!

Victor Meldrew

Glad to see justic has been done.

Wasn't the Club going to raise issues about policing at Celtic Park? I have a vague recollection of there being something mentioned.

I would suggest you write to Campbell Ogilvie about it as another example of inappropriate and heavy-handed policing at Celtic Park.

I'd also think about complaining to the Chief Constable of Strathclyde Police

Always amazes me as to why Glasgow Rangers get the credit and copyright over other teams when it comes to songs and flags ?:sad:

Don't know about it just being a Rangers song except in the sense that they're all *****. It's a ****ey song with ****ey words, fit only for Weegie idiots to sing.

We're better than that sectarian crap.

For my sins, i am a born and bred Glaswegian Jambo. My and a mate went to a boring 0-0 draw at Ibrox about 10 years ago. We were about 19 at the time and full of tennent and aftershock. We were wrecked and went for a pish at half time, the next thing i knew we had both been huckled from the toilet and marched to the cells. No explantion from the wonderful Glasgow police! We were released from Govan station later that night after a singsong in the cells.

I thought that would be the end of that. A month later i recieved a letter from the fuzz informing me i had been charged for 'trying to incite a riot'? I supposedly achieved this by running towards the huns shouting 'ya ****ing weegie barstewards'.

I went to court about 5 times waiting for the police to turn up in my lovely new suit surrounded by the **** of glasgow who can just about manage to put on thier kappa tracksuit and burberry cap to attend court.

When the police did turn up their stories were completely different apart from the fact the when quizzed by my layer they were both 100% sure that i had a broad Edinburgh accent.

I managed to get one sentence out when i was on the stand and the judge heard my local tounge, and called and end to the charge and ruled that i was admonished? It was quite clear the police had wrongley arrested me and then lied in court. I never even got an apology. I dont even know what admonised means, any ideas if i will have a criminal record now?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/admonished

Having gone through exactly the same many, many years ago in Dumfries - including a weekend in the cells, I regretted not suing the police!!!

Consult a lawyer and seriously consider it!

Apart from the obvious injustice - and that should not be downplayed - the sheer waste of the taxpayers money should be highlighted!!!

According to many Jambos I know, this happened every weekend with you and others from our bus. So what's new?

PS - When are you coming back? I see your son works in the building next door to me in Glasgow.

If you weren't convicted of a criminal offence, then you won't have a criminal record.

Don't know about it just being a Rangers song except in the sense that they're all *****. It's a ****ey song with ****ey words, fit only for Weegie idiots to sing.

We're better than that sectarian crap.

A song that Hearts fans have been singing for well over 30 years until only recently it has seems to have "fizzled" out due to people like you...

If this statement means i'm one of them then quite simply your one of them also :rolleyes:

Guest S.U.S.S.

Mods, please change this users name to either "real fan" or "Mr Hearts"

many thanks.

I like it how people are giving it the "**** the system" and "the law is an ass", when in fact it's the "system" that found our protagonist not guilty.

:rolleyes:

A song that Hearts fans have been singing for well over 30 years until only recently it has seems to have "fizzled" out due to people like you...

If this statement means i'm one of them then quite simply your one of them also :rolleyes:

Despite the fact it has a long history at Tynecastle it is a song with nothing to do with Heart of Midlothian football club or football in general for that matter and, whether people like it or not, it is a song that is most closely associated with one of Hearts rival clubs (Rangers). As such I have no idea why people are so up in arms about it - a non football song sung by another clubs fans.

Despite the fact it has a long history at Tynecastle it is a song with nothing to do with Heart of Midlothian football club or football in general for that matter and, whether people like it or not, it is a song that is most closely associated with one of Hearts rival clubs (Rangers). As such I have no idea why people are so up in arms about it - a non football song sung by another clubs fans.

For a song that has nothing to do with Heart of Midlothian it is extremely strange that it was sung by players and staff of Heart of Midlothian and released as the club's official centenary song.

I have the record, the only crime is that some fandans sing something naughty instead of

'Hurrah Hurrah

We are the Gorgie Boys

Hurrah hurrah, we make a lot of noise

On Saturdays you'll hear us sing

Tynecastle to Dalry

When we go marchin' thru Gorgie

Jambof3tornado
Mods, please change this users name to either "real fan" or "Mr Hearts"

many thanks.

What because I dont want the club I support to be tarnished with the same brush many of us use on the old firm week in week out??:eek:

Given that the GFA need no excuse to royally **** our team over whenever the chance allows,why give them ammunition in the form of a song which has fizzled out because only a handful of dinosaurs want to sing it??

If you want to sing it,go ahead and sing it,but dont sing it quietly,be proud and sing loud,enjoy the looks you will receive from those around you!!!:sad:

Guest S.U.S.S.
What because I dont want the club I support to be tarnished with the same brush many of us use on the old firm week in week out??:eek:

Given that the GFA need no excuse to royally **** our team over whenever the chance allows,why give them ammunition in the form of a song which has fizzled out because only a handful of dinosaurs want to sing it??

If you want to sing it,go ahead and sing it,but dont sing it quietly,be proud and sing loud,enjoy the looks you will receive from those around you!!!:sad:

I have and do sing it (hibees version) and nobody bats an eyelid, If you cant tell the difference between a song and bigotry thats your problem. Believe me, im NEVER QUIET at a match.

Oh no, nasty looks, whatever will i do.

Guest S.U.S.S.
For a song that has nothing to do with Heart of Midlothian it is extremely strange that it was sung by players and staff of Heart of Midlothian and released as the club's official centenary song.

I have the record, the only crime is that some fandans sing something naughty instead of

'Hurrah Hurrah

We are the Gorgie Boys

Tynecastle to Dalry

How dare you post facts that dont fit with PC uniteds view of the world.

Shame on you for telling it like it is.

This debates getting old.

The whole of tynie used to sing it, the club released it.. it is a hearts song, those who say it isnt are in HELLO HELLO denial.

It saddens me that it is now banned but players cant even celebrate any more due to the PC brigade getting upset so it doesnt surprise me.

'Hurrah Hurrah

We are the Gorgie Boys

Tynecastle to Dalry

And the words you have posted here - those are the words that are sang when the song is sung at Tynecastle? We all know thats not the case - the song as sung at Tynecastle has nothing to do with Hearts.

The whole of tynie used to sing it, the club released it.. it is a hearts song, those who say it isnt are in HELLO HELLO denial.

It saddens me that it is now banned but players cant even celebrate any more due to the PC brigade getting upset so it doesnt surprise me.

Well said.

I love the 'tarnish us with teh same brush as Rangers' line of thinking.

Why don't they say we are being tarnished with the same brush as Man Utd, Chelsea, Killie or any other British clubs ?

This is a football song that has been sung by numerous clubs over the years. I think we sing it better than anyone else.

Celtic don't have a problem with people singing it

The SFA don't have a problem with people singing it.

The SPL don't have a problem with people singing it.

The Law doesn't have a problem with people singing it.

The only people who have a problem with Hearts fans singing this song with the 'bad' word removed are....................Hearts fans.

You couldn't make it up - it is so ludicrous.

Don't you start about PC Brigades too....

:laugh:

Commander Harris

I think you're right K, there is a great deal of revisionism with regards to "Hello Hello".

I'd say the vast majority were happy to sing one version or another up until the start of 2005-06, it WAS accepted as a mainstream Hearts song. A remix of the tune is even used as the soundtrack to the 5-1 derby DVD and nobody batted an eyelid back then.

What changed was UEFA's decision against Rangers fans for singing "the billy boys". People have made a pragmatic change based on, I believe, a false fear that we will be punished for singing it, even with non-sectarian lyrics.

"Hello hello" isn't banned but the sweetie-paper rustlers and PC brigade have deemed it "unacceptable", at Tynecastle at least. This despite the fact they don't know the song's history or words. They don't know why it's "bad", in their mind it just is. The vast majority of them don't even know the meaning of sectarian and bigot.

I have to say it cracks me up on here when some of them post the words to Hearts songs, and they get them totally wrong - the Hearts song itself, and the European song, being prime and shameful examples.

Archived