***official Kilmarnock vs. Heart of Midlothian match day thread***

martoon

boag1874

They need to have a go at us, draw doesn’t help them with so few games left. We need to be switched on but we’ll also get gaps to play in as the game goes on.

I think we win it tbh, get it wrapped up first thing then we can relax and look at 70 points as a target to finish strong 

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

tiger Rudi
16 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

What's the point of playing Lembikisa at this point in the season? He's not staying.

I agree with this. He was brought in as cover for Atkinson when he was on International duty. I don't think Atkinson is the long-term answer for us especially at RB, but it doesn't help his form when he's in and out the team every week. He's more reliable than Dexter IMHO. 

As soon as 3rd is wrapped up, I'd rather use Atty and give minutes to a youngster, one of our own. 

avhudtheteeshirt

From what I've seen of them, they are mostly a big punt up the park!

If we play 3 at the back in a staying roll we should be able to stop their main weapon.

This is the game to get a result, so I take 0-1 for the JT's. 

tiger Rudi
2 hours ago, karipidis said:

Some of the takes after Sunday is hilarious. No bottle, pussies, didn’t turn up etc for a team who have shown plenty bottle and resilience this season. Sunday was hugely disappointing but one of the main reasons is we actually did turn up as a team but unfortunately we just lacked a lot in an attacking sense. Think we can question the ability and decision making of some of the players and that has been partly rectified with the pre contract signings, but to question the teams bottle etc seems way over the top. Especially when we are talking about record points totals etc. we’ve lost 1 game outside the old firm in the last 21 games. 

anyway, think we’ll get a result today. 

Great post. We've added much needed quality in some areas already. Can't wait to see who else we bring in. Naismith knows where we need further improvements. We had plenty of good attacking possession on Sunday....... A lack of real quality and a cutting edge in the final third (Shankland aside) has been an issue all season. 

MTS1874

It’ll be a physical battle against a team of giants. We’ve proved already this season we can go there and win so let’s do it again and bring back the 3 points to Tynecastle.

AlimOzturk

They will come at us imo as they need to win to have any chance of third. That will suit us as we do better against teams who opens up. 

TheBigO
10 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

If we play 3 at the back in a staying roll we should be able to stop their main weapon.

Vassell is good tbf. Really like him as a player, and they play to his strengths. And they have more than just Armstrong outwith that. I dont think their defence is all that tbh (despite decent record). Could be a good game.

32 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

They need to have a go at us, draw doesn’t help them with so few games left. We need to be switched on but we’ll also get gaps to play in as the game goes on.

I think we win it tbh, get it wrapped up first thing then we can relax and look at 70 points as a target to finish strong 

They would be delighted with a draw to take them closer to 4th.

soonbe110
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

They will come at us imo as they need to win to have any chance of third. That will suit us as we do better against teams who opens up. 

They know they won’t catch us.  They will be happy with a point - moves them 9 clear of the Paisley lot in all probability 

tiger Rudi
On 24/04/2024 at 13:53, Chimp said:

Yep. Even if he does improve in the remaining games it's unlikely that will be enough time for him to convince the club to sign him. The fact we'd have to pay a fee for him makes it even less likely.

He may well be a decent player but so far I've really struggled to see what his qualities or strengths are. Genuinely seen zilch.

Agreed. I think we only brought him in because it was cheaper than paying for Dhanda in January. Has done nothing to suggest he's going to improve us. In fact quite the opposite.

I think I can remember one solitary pass that I thought at the time "wow that was nicely played" . (Down the line at home). The fact that it sticks out says it all.

I'm hopeful we will be praising Dhanda and Spittal with far more regularity. 

maggieb
10 hours ago, Morgan said:

Another slip-up from him/her, Mags.  👍

How’re you keeping, by the way?

All good captain ,living the dream/above ground etc👌👌👌👌👌.    👌

you ok ? Still abroad?

maggieb

To all the doomsayers on here ? 

it’s not the management or the players at fault to date,as you’ll see after todays result 🤞🏻

I’ve ditched the LUCKY? HEARTS  bawbags

I should’ve dumped them after the first bad result but I persisted hoping for change sorry

Having gone,normal service will resume🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.    🤞🏻

0-1 

Lambert Simnel
3 hours ago, karipidis said:

Some of the takes after Sunday is hilarious. No bottle, pussies, didn’t turn up etc for a team who have shown plenty bottle and resilience this season. Sunday was hugely disappointing but one of the main reasons is we actually did turn up as a team but unfortunately we just lacked a lot in an attacking sense. Think we can question the ability and decision making of some of the players and that has been partly rectified with the pre contract signings, but to question the teams bottle etc seems way over the top. Especially when we are talking about record points totals etc. we’ve lost 1 game outside the old firm in the last 21 games. 

anyway, think we’ll get a result today. 

Yep. It wasn't a lack of effort or commitment that did for us, it was poor decision-making. 

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I'm a bit fearful it'll be the hampden pussies that show up and killie will be right up for it. I really hope to be surprised with a good performance but we still lack real kick up the backside leadership on the park to drag standards up.

Our results this season v Killie suggest otherwise and, in any case, the question that popped into my head was:-

Who is the 'pussie', a player who plys his trade live in front of 45K+ baying football supporters, or someone who hides behind a keyboard and cannae wait to start a thread name-calling having had a minor melt-down?

Jambo61
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

They know they won’t catch us.  They will be happy with a point - moves them 9 clear of the Paisley lot in all probability 

No way will they lose a 9 point lead!

Thomaso
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Vassell is good tbf. Really like him as a player, and they play to his strengths. And they have more than just Armstrong outwith that. I dont think their defence is all that tbh (despite decent record). Could be a good game.

Got to disagree on their defence. They looked tough and solid at the game at Tynecastle. They are the epitome of a strong and physical team. 

Thomaso
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

They would be delighted with a draw to take them closer to 4th.

Don't think so! McInnes with have them fire up on that shit plastic pitch. If they win their next two games against us and St Mirren and we lose at Celtic the gap is down to 5………squeak 🫣

Bunny Munro
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Don't think so! McInnes with have them fire up on that shit plastic pitch. If they win their next two games against us and St Mirren and we lose at Celtic the gap is down to 5………squeak 🫣

Their next two game are us and rangers at Ibrox.

Edited by Bunny Munro

Thomaso
4 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Their next two game are us and rangers at Ibrox.

Phew! 😝

Chillidigits
17 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Got to disagree on their defence. They looked tough and solid at the game at Tynecastle. They are the epitome of a strong and physical team. 

Yeah. Joe Wright might not have that bad an aquisition in retrospect.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Will be interesting to take a look at Mayo and Armstrong.

1-2 to the JT’s

upgotheheads
19 minutes ago, Rods said:

I think a draw in this and that is all we need really. 

Yup

42 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

No way will they lose a 9 point lead!

I dunno, there's folk on here convinced we're going to lose an 11-point lead.

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Our results this season v Killie suggest otherwise and, in any case, the question that popped into my head was:-

Who is the 'pussie', a player who plys his trade live in front of 45K+ baying football supporters, or someone who hides behind a keyboard and cannae wait to start a thread name-calling having had a minor melt-down?

Get him telt.

Ex member of the SaS

Shit pitch and against a team well up for it . I think we will struggle as most of the players seem to think third is sewn up. ( I too believe it is but they need to play like it's not! ). Mc Innes will want a signature win against us this late in the season to cement fourth so wee need to be well up for this. Win and it's holiday thoughts, lose and it's back to looking over the shoulder.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

Australis

Couldn't get themselves up for a semi final.

Worried it will be the same today.

Hope we don't stand about watching them playing for the first 20 minutes and losing another early goal.

A win or draw  today JTs and it will be a great result.

Show a bit of life and enthusiasm for it please.

McNelly15

Let's just get this pish pumped. Wrap up 3rd then get the kids on.. 

Victorian
3 hours ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

This.  They are often direct.  Hopefully we keep an eye on that.

Oda be a JT

I do fancy us today, players need a performance after last week and for me this is still a big game for us this season so no better time than today.

I never back us on a bet, but so confident I have today (which includes St Johnstone) 😁

Fraggle

I think we will win this today. Not sure why I am confident, but I think it will be done and dusted today. 

TheBigO
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Totally and i guess thats my "despite " caveat!!! No evidence, i just kind of feel if you get running at them you can get at them. Theyre fully set up to stop you doing this of course from front to back, but be brave on the ball and get wingers and a 10 behind their midfield, dribbling, 1-2s etc

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Without a doubt.

The clear cut chances they missed in last game, all aerial threat.

I'm not confident today at all.

They have more edge to play for today, catching us is a long shot, but securing 4th is huge for them.

jamboozy
3 hours ago, Sid said:

Watching the Killie game in Malaga?  Pub? 

That would be the best place,  yeah 👍

:laugh: Just jealous.

3 hours ago, Sid said:

Yes, definitely pub.

You won't be watching the game though.

The White Cockade

i’d take a draw which basically seals third but we have to stop conceding these early goals and play high tempo from the start

but say the same thing every week and nothing changes and we always seem to be chasing the game

superjack

I feel we'll have third sealed by full time with a 2 or 3 nil victory.

i8hibsh
4 minutes ago, superjack said:

I feel we'll have third sealed by full time with a 2 or 3 nil victory.

Bartender!

1 of what superjack is having please.

:-)

hearts00

I know he’s young with potential etc. But there is no way Vargas should keep his place today. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I know he’s young with potential etc. But there is no way Vargas should keep his place today. 

Yep.  Oda deserves a run.

saxondale
2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Aye we should single out a young player, who was just as bad as many against the huns, who had had an otherwise very good debut season for us.

Bunny Munro

I'm guessing Atkinson has an injury, but Lembikisa was torn apart by Kennedy at Tynecastle. I'd have started Sibbick RB heard of him in this one.

mellors1874

How on earth is Grant even starting today he was a passenger last week.

Debut 4

Killie are a handy side. Fashioned a few good opportunities at Tynie against us and are a hard working team with a bit needle about them.

We need to be at the races today. 

4 hours ago, Sid said:

Vox Sports bar, Calle Cardereria.

Or, try Ortega in Carreteria.