***official Kilmarnock vs. Heart of Midlothian match day thread***

martoon

upgotheheads

Vargas is one of our most consistent performers, he's a 6 or more just about every game, while Forrest can be a 5 one week and 7 the next. 

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, mellors1874 said:

How on earth is Grant even starting today he was a passenger last week.

he wasn't alone though.

mellors1874
Just now, upgotheheads said:

he wasn't alone though.

No he wasn't but was worse player for me last weekend 

Uncle Buck

There’s a few in that team I’m surprised have kept their place. Rowles, Vargas, Grant etc.

And Lembikisa always gives me the fear when I see his name.

4 hours ago, maggieb said:

All good captain ,living the dream/above ground etc👌👌👌👌👌.    👌

you ok ? Still abroad?

👍

Still In France, but not for long now.

We can’t wait to get away, to be honest.

GinRummy
4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Vargas is one of our most consistent performers, he's a 6 or more just about every game, while Forrest can be a 5 one week and 7 the next. 

I’d be starting Vargas most weeks. He’s got better since he’s been here, will get better still, and Forrest and Oda were just as poor last week. 

Edited by GinRummy

theshed
10 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Killie are a handy side. Fashioned a few good opportunities at Tynie against us and are a hard working team with a bit needle about them.

We need to be at the races today. 

Id take the draw now as like you say they are no mugs 

Glamorgan Jambo

I guess we're going with 3 centre halves today. Plays to the strengths of Rowles and Kingsley and makes it a bit easier on Lembiksa

And they have to go at us

Utterly baffling still why we played with a back 4 at hampden last week

Super_Hans
3 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

I guess we're going with 3 centre halves today. Plays to the strengths of Rowles and Kingsley and makes it a bit easier on Lembiksa

Killie with two lumps up front. 

A back 3 makes sense today.

Nik5122
13 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

How on earth is Grant even starting today he was a passenger last week.

That's the thing vargas getting ripped,fair enough but at least he took part in the game,did anyone notice that Grant was even playing?

GorgieFifeLife
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’d be starting Vargas most weeks. He’s got better since he’s been here, will get better still, and Forrest and Oda were just as poor last week. 

Oda gets far more shots away and hits the target more than Vargas who has pace but little quality.  Forrest is a squad man and never a first pick going forward.

HeartsandonlyHearts
19 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

There’s a few in that team I’m surprised have kept their place. Rowles, Vargas, Grant etc.

Lembikisa should have started last week. JMO.

19 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

You can’t drop them all and those players got us to this position. We need to put last week behind us and move on. 

Ex member of the SaS

TBH I don't think we have anything to worry about, Killie have both Glasgow teams while we only have Sevco. They also have St Mirren who are also fighting for a place in Europe so that will be an interesting game. Fairly sure we will take care of Dundee so even a loss today is not going to hurt us.

Just wish these players would play as we know they can and give someone ( anyone ) a dooing before the end of the season, would be nice to have a really good score line before the end.

Diadora Van Basten
36 minutes ago, kila said:

GMLCwu_WwAAAApf?format=jpg&name=medium

Pretty much the team I would have picked apart from Forrest for Rowles and Oda for Vargas.

Robbo-Jambo

Grant is like McKay, he hides in the big games.

Plus he is a shite bag in a 50 - 50.

lost in space

Terrible midfield last week - Beni/Devlin/ Grant. Same midfield this week.

Wingbacks to get forward???

Looks like a Neilson team selection away from home.

GinRummy
15 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Oda gets far more shots away and hits the target more than Vargas who has pace but little quality.  Forrest is a squad man and never a first pick going forward.

There’s an argument for Oda playing but what Vargas needs is to be played in front of Shankland. It’s probably good for Vargas overall development to play wide as well as more central but he isn’t a winger and, imo, it’s clear what his best position is.

Edited by GinRummy

Boris5115

Midfield is crying out for a Cameron or Hartley type. Beni is the only one worth keeping out of the three in today. 

Bad Religion
3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Midfield is diabolical and has been for years. 

GinRummy
3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Transfer window is when we will see a better midfield. Any combination of available players isn’t great at the moment. Grant had a great game against killie on league cup. 

mellors1874
22 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Because we suck at a back five Vs Rangers.

Super_Hans
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Grant is like McKay, he hides in the big games.

Plus he is a shite bag in a 50 - 50.

His two best performances this season have come against Celtic

BigAlim
18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20240427_141607.jpg

Four big bruiser centre halves, Vargas will be the key today 

Scott Leitch
20 minutes ago, Nik5122 said:

That's the thing vargas getting ripped,fair enough but at least he took part in the game,did anyone notice that Grant was even playing?

No. He hides in games against harder opponents. He's a nothing player. Surely he's chased in the summer. 

hearts00
43 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Aye we should single out a young player, who was just as bad as many against the huns, who had had an otherwise very good debut season for us.

Not singling him out. I like him but he should not start after last week. 

hearts00
1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

No. He hides in games against harder opponents. He's a nothing player. Surely he's chased in the summer. 

McKay as well? He does nothing in big games.  

Rick Sanchez

Four centre backs.

Two hatchet men.

2 jinky wingers drawing fouls.

2 battering rams up top.

It's really no surprise. It's trying to get a way past it that's the issue. I think Naismith will have learnt from the last game.

I'll take a draw.

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20240427_141607.jpg

Killie and their back 4 of exclusively CBs... 

GinRummy
Just now, hearts00 said:

Not singling him out. I like him but he should not start after last week. 

Who should, based on last weeks performance alone?  Forrest and Shankland were utter shite last week. Oda done ok but missed a clear chance and has looked good from the bench before but failed to make an impact when given a start. 

hearts00
10 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Midfield is crying out for a Cameron or Hartley type. Beni is the only one worth keeping out of the three in today. 

Hmmm. To he honest happy for Beni to leave. We must and can do better. 

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Folk have been making excuses for Beni all season. The fact they thought he had a decent game last week says all you need to know. A shadow of the player he was before injury. 

Edited by GinRummy

JimmyCant

Various key players who have got us to where we are, getting slaughtered before a ball is kicked. Going to be a typical JKB fun day, so I’m out. Have fun slating the team chaps

hearts00
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Folk have been making excuses for Beni all season. The fact they thought he had a decent game last week says all you need to know. A shadow of the player he was before injury. 

Completely. 

You either need him to dictate play, be an enforcer, protect the defence or play high win the ball and drive forward. He did precisely none of those things last week. 

We need a dynamic stronger player in there. 

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Various key players who have got us to where we are, getting slaughtered before a ball is kicked. Going to be a typical JKB fun day, so I’m out. Have fun slating the team chaps

We are shite.  They can all GTF.

There.  I've released the valve so maybe we can all just get on with supporting the team.

Boris5115
5 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Beni is fine he needs better players in beside him tho. 

hearts00
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Who should, based on last weeks performance alone?  Forrest and Shankland were utter shite last week. Oda done ok but missed a clear chance and has looked good from the bench before but failed to make an impact when given a start. 

I get it but Vargas was horrific in the two key moments of the game. He should not start.

Obv, he’ll be playing through the middle and Oda not really a striker, but we have this guy called Tagawa, surely time to give him some game time. 

hearts00
Just now, Boris5115 said:

Beni is fine he needs better players in beside him tho. 

Beni too limited for me. Agree though need better players in next to Hoff next season. 

jambopilms

Can't see us getting anything today. Killi will be aggressive and generally look like they want it more.

GinRummy
Just now, hearts00 said:

Completely. 

You either need him to dictate play, be an enforcer, protect the defence or play high win the ball and drive forward. He did precisely none of those things last week. 

We need a dynamic stronger player in there. 

He pinches the ball off an opponent and everyone wets their pants. If you watch him in the 2-1 win over Celtic in his first season you’ll see the player he was. Think he played with Harung that day but went on to form a great partnership with Cammy that season. Fast forward to now and a Devlin/Beni midfield is dugshite. Devlin is still he same limited player he was then so something has changed. Doesn’t take a genius to work it out. 

Oda be a JT
25 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

TBH I don't think we have anything to worry about, Killie have both Glasgow teams while we only have Sevco. They also have St Mirren who are also fighting for a place in Europe so that will be an interesting game. Fairly sure we will take care of Dundee so even a loss today is not going to hurt us.

Just wish these players would play as we know they can and give someone ( anyone ) a dooing before the end of the season, would be nice to have a really good score line before the end.

Am I reading this wrong, or are we getting away without playing both Glasgow teams?!

The Goalscoring Knee
5 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Pitch like a worn carpet

Got one which is as old as my 90s-built house and it's in better nick than the one at Rugby Park 😁

Geoff Kilpatrick

No confidence at all for this game. Will take a draw right now.

Horatio Caine
Just now, Oda be a JT said:

Am I reading this wrong, or are we getting away without playing both Glasgow teams?!

Lol that's what i was wondering as well.

Sadly I fear not.

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I get it but Vargas was horrific in the two key moments of the game. He should not start.

Obv, he’ll be playing through the middle and Oda not really a striker, but we have this guy called Tagawa, surely time to give him some game time. 

Not ducking the issue but I’ve no idea if Tagawa should play. If I said he should or shouldn’t start today I’d just be guessing. 

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Can't see us getting anything today. Killi will be aggressive and generally look like they want it more.

Wanting it more puts them 11 points behind?