***official Kilmarnock vs. Heart of Midlothian match day thread***

martoon

RedStarRiot

I can’t say I care much about the rest of our games. Seasons over so I’d rather play some fringe players and youngsters to at least keep it interesting. 3rd is sealed, Killie ain’t winning all their games. 

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Mikey1874

• Sooks

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

Grant will be lucky to keep his place after Sunday, other than that it looks pretty spot on  

Agreed but the alternative is Scott Fraser who seems to be trying to do a Casper the friendly ghost impression... 

An absolute sin that we don't have a competent attacking midfielder. Will be buzzing once we get Spittal & Dhanda in. Some actual attacking talent. 

11 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I've found that people that know nothing about football just label players shitebags after any/ every defeat.

They don't thave the band width or emotional intelligence to evaluate the game with any logic or balance, so just default to shitebag/ never tried.

It's all they can muster - fly into a rage , call our players shite, throw in a nickname or two and call every one lazy. 

It's a lazy and stupid way to analyse a defeat or performance. 

I agree with that.

9 hours ago, RedStarRiot said:

I can’t say I care much about the rest of our games. Seasons over so I’d rather play some fringe players and youngsters to at least keep it interesting. 3rd is sealed, Killie ain’t winning all their games. 

We need to do the professional thing and put Killie to bed. 

If we contrive to lose that game, we make everything harder than it needs to be. Win or draw, there is no pressure going forward. 

St Mirren and Dundee games are the ones to give fringe players time. 

SMJ_1874

Wonder if we’ll see Naisy take a stance a drop Kye Rowles? Possibly Sibbick for a cameo and will feature for either Rowles or Atkinson 🤷‍♂️. Dexter should start as I’d happily see the two Aussies sit this one out.  

The thought of Rowles marking George Wright at set pieces and corners fills me with fear. The lassie needs a good weights programme over the close season. He’s the weakest CB in the league.  

Edited by SMJ_1874

daveyhmfc
38 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Wonder if we’ll see Naisy take a stance a drop Kye Rowles? Possibly Sibbick for a cameo and will feature for either Rowles or Atkinson 🤷‍♂️. Dexter should start as I’d happily see the two Aussies sit this one out.  

The thought of Rowles marking George Wright at set pieces and corners fills me with fear. The lassie needs a good weights programme over the close season. He’s the weakest CB in the league.  

The 54 yr old ex-Hearts, George Wright; if he starts scoring against us then we do have problems. 

SMJ_1874
1 hour ago, daveyhmfc said:

The 54 yr old ex-Hearts, George Wright; if he starts scoring against us then we do have problems. 

He’d score against that defence for sure. Even Joe wright will chip in a few :lol:

Memo to oneself. Don’t rush out a post on JKB before you head out the door to work and always check your facts first! 🙈

Edited by SMJ_1874

MattyK82
10 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

5-0 or GTF!

You mean 0-5 right? 😉

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Is George Wright actually Joe Wright?

If he drops Rowles, just move Kingsley inside one and bring Cochrane in. Simple. 

PapaShango
11 hours ago, OTT said:

Agreed but the alternative is Scott Fraser who seems to be trying to do a Casper the friendly ghost impression... 

An absolute sin that we don't have a competent attacking midfielder. Will be buzzing once we get Spittal & Dhanda in. Some actual attacking talent. 

Been really disappointed with him. He hasn't made any impact at all and made noises about wanting to be here permanently. I certainly wouldn't be wasting any of our budget on him from what I have seen so far. Maybe he will get more game time between now and the end of the season to stake a claim but he needs to step up from what we have seen so far. It all seems to be a bit safe with him and he doesn't do anything of real note. 

wavydavy
3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Been really disappointed with him. He hasn't made any impact at all and made noises about wanting to be here permanently. I certainly wouldn't be wasting any of our budget on him from what I have seen so far. Maybe he will get more game time between now and the end of the season to stake a claim but he needs to step up from what we have seen so far. It all seems to be a bit safe with him and he doesn't do anything of real note. 

He makes Grant look like a superstar. I would be absolutely horrified if we offered this guy a contract.

upgotheheads
On 23/04/2024 at 09:08, PapaShango said:

No its not, 3rd is done whatever happens this weekend, Killie are not clawing 11 points back on us with 15 to play for. 

This. 

23 hours ago, Opinionated Jambo said:

We are finishing in 3rd. I just am not seeing Kilmarnock win 4/5 games and us losing atleast 4. 

However, in regards to the game with them this week we all know what to expect from them. They will be bold and aggressive from the start and try to bully us around the pitch. We need to be smart in this game though, not to get caught in that trap and do what we do best with the ball and dictating possession. Chances will come for us, we need to take them though. 

Killie have gained one point on us over the last five games, they're not going to gain eleven over the next five. They had a chance a couple of weeks ago at Tynecastle to get closer in a match they had to win and didn't.

Last year's dramatic loss of form has left some of us traumatised, but even if Killie win on Saturday, they won't be beating the arse cheeks and everyone else over the next four games, and we won't be losing all our games over the same period.

wavydavy
54 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

This. 

Killie have gained one point on us over the last five games, they're not going to gain eleven over the next five. They had a chance a couple of weeks ago at Tynecastle to get closer in a match they had to win and didn't.

Last year's dramatic loss of form has left some of us traumatised, but even if Killie win on Saturday, they won't be beating the arse cheeks and everyone else over the next four games, and we won't be losing all our games over the same period.

You are probably correct but I would not be in the least bit surprised if we fail to win any of our last five games.

Nelly Terraces

Can't see our lot being up for this one so would take a draw here & for St Mirren & a win v Dundee, can't see us beating Ceptic & a defeat to Rangers is of course a certainty. 

TheBigO
4 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Is the Hearts defence who haven't lost ONE SINGLE GOAL from a set piece all season?  That one?  The one which that "lassie" Kye Rowles plays in?  Please clarify.  Only team in the league to do that I think, by the way - a statto can back me up.  It'll be close to that.

Guid patter though.

Maybe it's cos George Wright was too busy with Joanne Guest all season, but he's apparently back now so we're in bother.

soonbe110
5 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

George Wright retired years ago and heading was never one of his strengths.  Why are you worried about him for Saturday? 

SMJ_1874
3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Is George Wright actually Joe Wright?

If he drops Rowles, just move Kingsley inside one and bring Cochrane in. Simple. 

Yes I meant Joe Wright and not George. It was a typo.

We need a fully fit and no nonsense defender like Craig Halkett to play alongside Kent. Kyle Rowles needs a bit aggression and muscle to play against certain types of attackers. He’s neat and tidy on the ball and linking midfield  but the physical aspect is lacking. He would benefit from bulking up close season 

SMJ_1874
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

George Wright retired years ago and heading was never one of his strengths.  Why are you worried about him for Saturday? 

Typo. It was Joe Wright I was meaning 

SMJ_1874
37 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Is the Hearts defence who haven't lost ONE SINGLE GOAL from a set piece all season?  That one?  The one which that "lassie" Kye Rowles plays in?  Please clarify.  Only team in the league to do that I think, by the way - a statto can back me up.  It'll be close to that.

Guid patter though.

Maybe it's cos George Wright was too busy with Joanne Guest all season, but he's apparently back now so we're in bother.

Lassie was a typo and not picked up on. I had meant laddie but there you go.

We may not have lost many goals to set pieces but Joe Wright in the last game at home should’ve had two goals from set pieces. He bullied our defence that day and the soft goals we have conceded, by Naisys own admission,  (there are lots this season) continues to be our downfall. 

I’m still not convinced LCB is Kingsleys best position either and I’d hate to think where we’d be without Frankie Kent. 

Lovecraft
3 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

You mean 0-5 right? 😉

Yeah, I'll always put us first.

Although.......

😉

MattyK82
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

Yeah, I'll always put us first.

Although.......

😉

IMG_3128.png.8bf2ac73d49d49ccf93c737c57694529.png

3 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Yep. Even if he does improve in the remaining games it's unlikely that will be enough time for him to convince the club to sign him. The fact we'd have to pay a fee for him makes it even less likely.

He may well be a decent player but so far I've really struggled to see what his qualities or strengths are. Genuinely seen zilch.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

This. 

Right. Last season in our absolute most abject form, Aberdeen picked up 12 points against us over 5 games (5 straight losses ending with Naisy's first game), but that was all pre-split. If we lost every single game after the split we might be vulnerable, but 1-2 points over 5 games is almost certainly enough to see off even an inspired charge from Killie.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Looking forward to this one. I'm hoping the players will be stung about the semi final where it seemed they chose the wrong option every time they advanced on Rangers goal. In stark contrast to the Livingston game where they chose the right option to blast 4 past them in a blistering first half.

So, they know they can do it and methinks they'll be itching to put things right and put Killie out of contention for 3rd.

:gunsmilie: 

John Findlay

Last week has gone.

Three points to be won this Saturday.

On it from the start Hearts.

GinRummy
10 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

The Hoff out for season, needs surgery for his injury

That’s a real downer.  Was becoming more and more important to us. 

Go for it 1308
On 24/04/2024 at 11:32, Nelly Terraces said:

Can't see our lot being up for this one so would take a draw here & for St Mirren & a win v Dundee, can't see us beating Ceptic & a defeat to Rangers is of course a certainty. 

Ffs mate....do you know any jokes? 😂😂

pettigrewsstylist
On 24/04/2024 at 06:40, SMJ_1874 said:

Rip arms off if anybody even whispers an interest. His value isnt going to rise any further IMO. He panics.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

The Hoff out for season, needs surgery for his injury

FFS. Why does this continually happen to our best players just as they are getting established?

Clerry Jambo
39 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

FFS. Why does this continually happen to our best players just as they are getting established?

Spot on mate and in an area where we need him 

Swanny17

Clark

Dexter     Kent     Kingsley     Cochrane

Devlin     Beni    Tait

Oda     Shanks     Vargas

i8hibsh

We have too many players not on form and I fear our attitude may be poor for this one.

Home win.

JimmyCant
3 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

This but Oda for Vargas

heart-of-midlothian-selector-2023-24-0a8

Feck Grant. I’ve had it with him. Be as well playing Oda Forrest AND Vargas as the 3

Clerry Jambo
10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Feck Grant. I’ve had it with him. Be as well playing Oda Forrest AND Vargas as the 3

Agree re Grant, like a few others get a good game from them then back to bang average.

need more  players who will give us a 8/10 most weeks 

Lovecraft
1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

Clark

Dexter     Kent     Kingsley     Cochrane

Devlin     Beni    Tait

Oda     Shanks     Vargas

Yup.  

Can't see Rowles being dropped though.

Maybe even give Tagawa a start to see what he can do in a full game with a team attacking us and leaving space.

Killie need to win.

RustyRightPeg
48 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We have too many players not on form and I fear our attitude may be poor for this one.

Home win.

I think quite the opposite.

We've bounced back after every setback this season. No change tomorrow.

brownkg

Without making light of the subject but on all these threads since Sunday and all that goes through my head is  "Through early morning fog I see.........................................."

Boyces beard

For me you start Tait in this game after his mistake at Hampden, wee arm around him today explaining he will have learnt a lot on Sunday and will be starting at Killie. Bring him off after 60 mins to a standing ovation after a quite superb performance from the young man.

Ron Burgundy

Unless Hearts are providing free transport to Kilmarnock and free entry into the game I expect every player to be up for it.

Any player or manager who thinks they can just free wheel to the end of the season is cheating the fans. Football is expensive and regardless of league position the fans travelling deserve 100 % effort.

jbee647
On 23/04/2024 at 20:46, RedStarRiot said:

Always play your strongest players whenever possible 

Naismith plays fringe players and he loses games, the modern fan goes into meltdown, there would be no way I would ever risk my employment gambling on untried youngsters or fringe players 

Edited by jbee647

HopeDiouf
24 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Agree re Grant, like a few others get a good game from them then back to bang average.

need more  players who will give us a 8/10 most weeks 

we've got zero of those players right now.

i8hibsh
On 23/04/2024 at 20:46, RedStarRiot said:

Fans pay good money to watch us. We also can't keep being so dismissing of these top 6 games. It is 5 games, that is 15 points.  Winners win and losers lose, I want us to see every game as life or death.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Fans pay good money to watch us. We also can't keep being so dismissing of these top 6 games. It is 5 games, that is 15 points.  Winners win and losers lose, I want us to see every game as life or death.

If and when we guarantee third we should give younger players, and other current fringe players, some game time in advance of next season. 

spacerjoe

Breaking 70 points would lay down a big marker.

I'd like to see us push as hard as possible to get closer to second and further from fourth.

Ending up a couple of points ahead of Killie would feel like an anti-climax.

Having said that, the hangover from the semi final could be rough tomorrow.