Shankland

Stendelnator

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Locky said:

Typical shitebag McKay behaviour. 'Here, you take it, I'm away over here to hide'. I've been a big critic of McKay for a long time but honestly he can just **** off. I'd rather have Forrest than McKay, and Forrest is pish.

Agreed. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• luckyBatistuta

• Kyle1874

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All this thread has done is shown up folk who know a footballer and those that don’t. Can guarantee those that have their thongs well and truly in a twist are livid because Shanks never scored a goal today. The best striker in Scotland apparently isn’t allowed an off day 🤷🏻‍♂️

Shankland has been great for us but he does lack pace. In order to get the best from him we need to play the ball to him in the box. He is not a number 10 . If we continue to play him deeper the we are wasting his main attributes and he would be as well leaving. There are better players who can fill the role that he was asked to play today and you can see his frustration. If he elects to move in the summer he may well be making the  choice that suits the management team . I think their preference would be a Simms type player with pace and strength who can run in behind defences.

6 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Exactly see if McKay actually tries to go thru one on one shankland plays the pass but McKay drops back letting rangers get back in to a defensive shape 

All McKay needs to do there is follow his run and Shanks can play a 1-2 and he's in the box driving to the byline. Instead Shanks has to try and get it under control, turn back into the oncoming Rangers defence and hold it himself and it just totally breaks down. Now, this is a guy who's almost 30 and has played at a high level, and for me that is some really basic shit. I long for the day Barrie McKay goes.

Batistuta87
4 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

So because he was poor today nobody will be interested in him anymore. I hope you are right as il happily keep him. 

Shows his level/limitations though. Has been a superstar for us but if he's not good enough to trouble Rangers then he's probably not good enough to play for them or for teams at their level. Not sure how much bigger than Hearts he could go and be successful. 

Edited by Batistuta87

5 minutes ago, Chimp said:

All this thread has done is shown up folk who know a footballer and those that don’t. Can guarantee those that have their thongs well and truly in a twist are livid because Shanks never scored a goal today. The best striker in Scotland apparently isn’t allowed an off day 🤷🏻‍♂️

Typical of many Hearts fans. 'You scored 29 goals? Why did you no get 30? We finished 3rd? Should be 2nd'.

Honestly, we could win 34 of 38 games in the league and lose the other 4 to Hibs and I'm convinced some fans would be up in arms about that.

4 minutes ago, Tiro said:

Shankland has been great for us but he does lack pace. In order to get the best from him we need to play the ball to him in the box. He is not a number 10 . If we continue to play him deeper the we are wasting his main attributes and he would be as well leaving. There are better players who can fill the role that he was asked to play today and you can see his frustration. If he elects to move in the summer he may well be making the  choice that suits the management team . I think their preference would be a Simms type player with pace and strength who can run in behind defences.

That’s like saying Harry Kane or Dennis Bergkamp have been good for their clubs but lack pace. Stupid shout considering how much he offers. 

Kyle1874
6 minutes ago, Tiro said:

See if shankland had pace he would not be at hearts he is fast in the head and that’s why we need to get him signed up you don’t. Lose class but you do lose pace and as you’ve stated he doesn’t have pace so it stands to reason that he will still continue to score 

Oda be a JT

Car crash of a thread, yip he had a bad game but let’s not forget what he has done over the last two seasons.

The team wee poor, harsh to single out our captain/main thread due to A poor game

4 minutes ago, Locky said:

Typical of many Hearts fans. 'You scored 29 goals? Why did you no get 30? We finished 3rd? Should be 2nd'.

Honestly, we could win 34 of 38 games in the league and lose the other 4 to Hibs and I'm convinced some fans would be up in arms about that.

Definitely. Our best striker since Robbo, on course to be top scorer and POTY yet some feel the need to use him as a scapegoat for today. Clueless.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Chimp said:

That’s like saying Harry Kane or Dennis Bergkamp have been good for their clubs but lack pace. Stupid shout considering how much he offers. 

Those two play better with quicker guys around them, as does Shankland because they create space and chances for them. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Oda be a JT said:

Car crash of a thread, yip he had a bad game but let’s not forget what he has done over the last two seasons.

The team wee poor, harsh to single out our captain/main thread due to A poor game

Hard to pick out anyone that was actually a success today tbh. 

Kyle1874
14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Shows his level/limitations though. Has been a superstar for us but if he's not good enough to trouble Rangers then he's probably not good enough to play for them or for teams at their level. Not sure how much bigger than Hearts he could go and be successful. 

I really don’t understand the logic here can’t trouble rangers=not good enough 

but absolutely torments Celtic who rangers can’t beat yet we’ve took 6 points from 9 thanks to the man in question ? 

Edited by Kyle1874

3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Definitely. Our best striker since Robbo, on course to be top scorer and POTY yet some feel the need to use him as a scapegoat for today. Clueless.

I can only hope that if he ever reads any of this type of criticism, he takes it as a compliment.

Thomaso
3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Not a single person has said this ffs :rofl:

No shit 🙄

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Those two play better with quicker guys around them, as does Shankland because they create space and chances for them. 

If this is how good Shankland is with mediocre players around him, imagine how he’d do with better quality. His all round play is second to none. 

Kyle1874
Just now, Kyle1874 said:

I really don’t understand the logic here can’t trouble rangers=not good enough 

but absolutely torments Celtic who rangers can’t beat yet we’ve took 6 points from 9 thanks to the man in question ? 

Thomaso
5 minutes ago, Oda be a JT said:

Exactly 

1 minute ago, Locky said:

I can only hope that if he ever reads any of this type of criticism, he takes it as a compliment.

Probably knows that his critics have never played football at a decent level in their lives.

EH11 2NL

Anybody questioning Shankland is a ****ing idiot. Best striker we've had in 30 years, would you prefer Uche and Stevie McLean 🫣it'll be the same ***** that wanted him dropped in September but then went away quiet when he started scoring.

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Your missing the point. Shankland is not being used in a way that suits his strengths. He is a penalty box player. If we do not use him in that role then we end up playing him in a role that doesn't suit him  In truth there will be players that are more suited to the role he played today. 

Worth posting that, I saw some posts elsewhere questioning his performance as captain but that is leadership right there. Poor laddie was gutted.

I hope Shanks stays long term. 

1 minute ago, Tiro said:

Your missing the point. Shankland is not being used in a way that suits his strengths. He is a penalty box player. If we do not use him in that role then we end up playing him in a role that doesn't suit him  In truth there will be players that are more suited to the role he played today. 

He’s not a penalty box player though. He’s not a poacher who relies on tap ins. He links up and creates attacks and scores every type of goal

imaginable. If you think he’s a penalty box player I seriously recommend you watch his goal compilation video on YouTube. Pretty sure you’ll be surprised.

Kyle1874
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Worth posting that, I saw some posts elsewhere questioning his performance as captain but that is leadership right there. Poor laddie was gutted.

It’s goes unnoticed by most at just how influential he is

and how he gets what it means to captain hearts the man is a constant presence and never lets us down some of us don’t understand or appreciate just how good a player shankland is 

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Anybody questioning Shankland is a ****ing idiot. Best striker we've had in 30 years, would you prefer Uche and Stevie McLean 🫣it'll be the same ***** that wanted him dropped in September but then went away quiet when he started scoring.

This 

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, OTT said:

Great photo actually . 👍 captured a sincere moment 

Just now, Kyle1874 said:

It’s goes unnoticed by most at just how influential he is

and how he gets what it means to captain hearts the man is a constant presence and never lets us down some of us don’t understand or appreciate just how good a player shankland is 

Yeah, I think its one of those moments in football where club & player just align perfectly. 

If he's willing to commit to us long term, we need to be building Naismiths team for the next 4/5 years around him. His lack of pace, sure isn't ideal. But plenty of quality strikers aren't blessed with pace. Its about compensating for that, and building a team around him that compliments his best attributes. Gino was perfect for that, so hopefully recruitment can focus in on bringing some fast wingers to the club that can hit the byline and get balls in for Shanks to knock in. 

Actually wrangles me how few times our wingers do that. Christ, he did it himself against Livi and we scored both times!!

4 minutes ago, Chimp said:

He’s not a penalty box player though. He’s not a poacher who relies on tap ins. He links up and creates attacks and scores every type of goal

imaginable. If you think he’s a penalty box player I seriously recommend you watch his goal compilation video on YouTube. Pretty sure you’ll be surprised.

So you think the role he was asked to play today suits him?. For me he is a centre forward that does his best work in and around the box. There was no suggestion he is a poacher and he is technically very good. I just feel that we should play to his strengths and not lose his effectiveness playing him deeper.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Chimp said:

If this is how good Shankland is with mediocre players around him, imagine how he’d do with better quality. His all round play is second to none. 

I said that earlier on, feeding on scraps with us, maybe one half chance created for him today? He rarely misses a chance. 
He would need a club that has the talent around him and he would prosper. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Tiro said:

So you think the role he was asked to play today suits him?. For me he is a centre forward that does his best work in and around the box. There was no suggestion he is a poacher and he is technically very good. I just feel that we should play to his strengths and not lose his effectiveness playing him deeper.

The problem with that is teams push up on us when they know he’s unlikely to punish them in behind, which leaves us unable to create chances for him. Has happened all season. 

5 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Would be as well signing a new deal with us now because he’s not capable of going to another level. Brilliant player for us but that’s his ceiling. 

Nailed it

Kyle1874
Just now, OTT said:

Yeah, I think its one of those moments in football where club & player just align perfectly. 

If he's willing to commit to us long term, we need to be building Naismiths team for the next 4/5 years around him. His lack of pace, sure isn't ideal. But plenty of quality strikers aren't blessed with pace. Its about compensating for that, and building a team around him that compliments his best attributes. Gino was perfect for that, so hopefully recruitment can focus in on bringing some fast wingers to the club that can hit the byline and get balls in for Shanks to knock in. 

Actually wrangles me how few times our wingers do that. Christ, he did it himself against Livi and we scored both times!!

A don’t get people question his pace he’s never been a player that’s relied on pace he understands the game and knows where to be when it matters you don’t lose that but you do lose pace 

for me shankland irreplaceable 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I said that earlier on, feeding on scraps with us, maybe one half chance created for him today? He rarely misses a chance. 
He would need a club that has the talent around him and he would prosper. 

This is it. He already prospers in a side who are miles behind the OF. We’re lucky to have him.

Kyle1874
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The problem with that is teams push up on us when they know he’s unlikely to punish them in behind, which leaves us unable to create chances for him. Has happened all season. 

Are you serious his goals to chances must be the best in the league for decades 

1 minute ago, Kyle1874 said:

A don’t get people question his pace he’s never been a player that’s relied on pace he understands the game and knows where to be when it matters you don’t lose that but you do lose pace 

for me shankland irreplaceable 

These half-wits think that pace defines you as a footballer though. Who cares if his all round play and finishing is brilliant. 

I wish Skacel was quicker, if he had that extra bit pace he could have been a legend at the club. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That was my original point but playing him deeper is not the answer. We need other players to exploit the space that is created and that requires pace. That is why we went and secured Oda, Vargas and Tagawa but the jury is out on whether these individuals are the solution. Dhanda will give us options and play the role Shankland has been asked to play recently.

Kyle1874
3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

These half-wits think that pace defines you as a footballer though. Who cares if his all round play and finishing is brilliant. 

I wish Skacel was quicker, if he had that extra bit pace he could have been a legend at the club. 

Look at Boyle at hibs we had people pressing him to the hilt soon as var came in he’s been found out for always being offside or diving so as soon as his pace goes he offers nothing 

jamborich

Shankland has had a lot of responsibility on his shoulders, captain this season sometimes ask to play a position that’s not his game, with Steve Clark at the game he’ll know his selection for the Euros might be up for debate he’s obviously frustrated, the other strikers have been passengers Tagawa an example 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Are you serious his goals to chances must be the best in the league for decades 

Can you read? My point is we hardly create any chances for him, half his goals aren’t even chances like at ER for example. If we actually created more chances he would be on 40 goals. Agree about his chances to goals ratio. 

Kyle1874
1 minute ago, jamborich said:

Shankland has had a lot of responsibility on his shoulders, captain this season sometimes ask to play a position that’s not his game, with Steve Clark at the game he’ll know his selection for the Euros might be up for debate he’s obviously frustrated, the other strikers have been passengers Tagawa an example 

This sounds mental but I think today strengthens his chances as he showed how effective he is at dropping back to help control and start attacks 

Clark is all about that kind of play 

noskillson

great player--- great attitude !!!

you just need to watch Bob Dylan's concert when he first played electric to conclude that audiences know **** all and never appreciate what they are watching!!

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Tiro said:

That was my original point but playing him deeper is not the answer. We need other players to exploit the space that is created and that requires pace. That is why we went and secured Oda, Vargas and Tagawa but the jury is out on whether these individuals are the solution. Dhanda will give us options and play the role Shankland has been asked to play recently.

There won’t be any space if he is right up top, as we have seen all season. Those players are more than capable, we don’t play passes quickly enough for them, possession based play doesn’t get the best out of these players. No point in playing them unless we do that. 

Kyle1874

Can you read? My point is we hardly create any chances for him, half his goals aren’t even chances like at ER for example. If we actually created more chances he would be on 40 goals. Agree about his chances to goals ratio. 

I apologise then am just a bit touchy with all the hearts bashing that’s going on 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Chimp said:

This is it. He already prospers in a side who are miles behind the OF. We’re lucky to have him.

Absolutely, we could get even more out of him with quicker and quality players around him. Forrest and Grant aren’t up to it, McKay can be, Oda and Vargas are. But we then have to play quickly to them, and the manager wants to play possession based football. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

I apologise then am just a bit touchy with all the hearts bashing that’s going on 

Me too, Its been that kind of day. Totally understandable we want to pick the bones out of yet another defeat to these horrible *****. 

Kyle1874
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, we could get even more out of him with quicker and quality players around him. Forrest and Grant aren’t up to it, McKay can be, Oda and Vargas are. But we then have to play quickly to them, and the manager wants to play possession based football. 

With danda and spittle coming in and possibly more surely they provide a lot more chances and in turn teams have to pay more attention to them leaving more space to exploit if we can keep him 

There won’t be any space if he is right up top, as we have seen all season. Those players are more than capable, we don’t play passes quickly enough for them, possession based play doesn’t get the best out of these players. No point in playing them unless we do that. 

Defenders know that Shankland won't turn sharply and beat them for pace. They can therefore afford to push right up against him. If they do this however, space wil be created between the defensive line and the keeper. This space can be exploited by anyone with pace.

Kyle1874
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Me too, Its been that kind of day. Totally understandable we want to pick the bones out of yet another defeat to these horrible *****. 

Wish the Glasgow two would just leave and let us actually from a league that’s promoted properly and is not only focused on preserving the two teams from Glasgow at all others expense 

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Our record against Rangers is atrocious. It's actually ok to point that out 👍

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Tiro said:

Defenders know that Shankland won't turn sharply and beat them for pace. They can therefore afford to push right up against him. If they do this however, space wil be created between the defensive line and the keeper. This space can be exploited by anyone with pace.

Of course but we don’t usually play anyone up there with pace, and when we do we rarely play the balls they need to exploit the space. I think when we do play with a quick guy up front we definitely play better and create more, and If that means Shankland dropping slightly deeper then so be it.