Shankland

Stendelnator

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Buster HMFC said:

Has to be the worst thread on JBK ever. You've obviously been ramming your head of the ceiling 

Buffoon, another level of stupidity 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• luckyBatistuta

• Kyle1874

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
1 minute ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Overweight; which is inexcusable in a professional athlete. 

We should probably terminate his contract. 😎

vegas-voss
6 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The problem is and gas always been for a long time now…the midfield. Until we address that, nothing is changing 

Been pretty meh at best since Hartley left.

Buster HMFC
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

It's never over til the fat striker scores so I'm led to believe. 

davemclaren
Just now, Buster HMFC said:

It's never over til the fat striker scores so I'm led to believe. 

Indeed. 

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Honestly Dave, some people should have their internet taken off them after a defeat, it’s ridiculous 

Fozzyonthefence
23 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I want him to stay 100% but in no circumstance should we be increasing our offer to him. I don’t think he’s going anywhere unless Hearts drop their asking price 

What is our asking price?

Buster HMFC
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Indeed. 

Hope younger jambos are gonna get this 

jambogirlglasgow
3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Honestly Dave, some people should have their internet taken off them after a defeat, it’s ridiculous 

Really? I’m a huge Shankland fan. But it’s frustrating seeing someone so talented not reaching his potential, preferably with us. 
I presume you disagree? 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

Hope younger jambos are gonna get this 

😎

jambogirlglasgow
Just now, davemclaren said:

😎

For the record, I get it… 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What is our asking price?

I have absolutely no idea and don’t pretend to know. It’s obviously above ehst other clubs value him at, because he’s still here. I want him to stay, this defeat in no way is laid at his door. The guy has composure and poise in front of goal…THE PROBLEM IS…OUR MIDFIELD IS WAY BELOW THE LEVEL HE IS AT. This is obviously my own opinion, but it’s a powder puff midfield with no attacking flair whatsoever.

davemclaren
Just now, jambogirlglasgow said:

👍😄

Buster HMFC
1 minute ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

👍

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Really? I’m a huge Shankland fan. But it’s frustrating seeing someone so talented not reaching his potential, preferably with us. 
I presume you disagree? 

You serious…what are you expecting???

He has absolutely rank rotten support from midfield in any big game. Why do you think when half the time it’s played in he’s not there. The guy works his socks off for this team, midfield, defence. The number one problem is the supply to him.

What is his potential then

???? enlighten us????

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

I don't think Shankland is any less fit than he was when he was banging them in every week mid season. If Shankland was more athletic than we would probably never have had him as a player. 

Gordon_1874
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

He has absolutely rank rotten support from midfield in any big game. Why do you think when half the time it’s played in he’s not there. The guy works his socks off for this team, midfield, defence. The number one problem is the supply to him.

???? enlighten us????

This is spot on ! He's a different level from every other player in our squad. So many times this season he's got a goal from nothing and won us games but because he hasn't done it today he's finished or no one cares if he leaves etc nonsense 

jambogirlglasgow
6 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

???? enlighten us????

I’ll not bother. You’re obviously right. 

Greedy Jambo

If we had any sort of a midfield, he could probably start playing as a striker again. 

I don't want to see Devlin play ever again. 

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don't think Shankland is any less fit than he was when he was banging them in every week mid season. If Shankland was more athletic than he is we would probably never have had him as a player. 

It’s a fair shout, but I think sometimes he comes in for some unfair, over the top criticism just because he carries an extra couple of pounds. That guy never stops for 90 minutes , others in this team could maybe have a wee look in the mirror 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It’s a fair shout, but I think sometimes he comes in for some unfair, over the top criticism just because he carries an extra couple of pounds. That guy never stops for 90 minutes , others in this team could maybe have a wee look in the mirror 

Absolutely. 

alicante jambo
46 minutes ago, south morocco said:

He was played far too deep today due to have a shit midfield . Everyone knows his best position. The end.

I agree hes frustrated as feck playing alongside some of them pussies. The midfield is a problem or was today. He even went mental at mackay for not going out wide. Mans scored fecking loads for us he doesnt need to play good just get our decision making right and let him tap the ball in the net.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

You’ll not bother because you have no answer to the question. Shankland isn’t the problem and anyone trying to put the blame for that loss on him, hasn’t a clue about football. 

Thomaso

Doesn’t score in the semi so feck his 28 goals and get him tae feck….is that how it works?

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Thomaso said:

Doesn’t score in the semi so feck his 28 goals and get him tae feck….is that how it works?

Not a single person has said this ffs :rofl:

Percival King
30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And demand his win bonuses back, he's done nothing to have earned them, gets carried every week by the guys around him (which must be tricky as he's sooooo overweight!). Imposter!!!!!!

jambogirlglasgow
8 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

You’ll not bother because you have no answer to the question. Shankland isn’t the problem and anyone trying to put the blame for that loss on him, hasn’t a clue about football. 

Lol! 😂 

Pasquale for King

Absolutely garbage today, touch was awful and look’s slow on such a big pitch against quicker players. Cant play him with Grant behind him, both too slow to press properly. 
Get a quick decent forward AHEAD of him to stretch teams and play passes behind defenders to create space for him. Same every week though and nothing changes. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

If we had any sort of a midfield, he could probably start playing as a striker again. 

I don't want to see Devlin play ever again. 

Devlin was far better than that lazy ******* Beni who can **** off right now. 

spacerjoe
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Not a single person has said this ffs :rofl:

That appears to be the sentiment.

Gone from us demanding at least 6M for him to Hearts being his level in one game.

JudyJudyJudy

Oh come on ffs he had a poor day today but he’s the main reason we are 3rd in the league and we were st Hampden today . It was worrrying to see him so sluggish today though . 

davemclaren
Just now, spacerjoe said:

Gone from us demanding at least 6M for him to Hearts being his level in one game.

Bizarre. 😄

luckyBatistuta
33 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

I presume you disagree? 

27 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

???? enlighten us????

20 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

15 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

6 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Lol! 😂 

🙄🤣

Stendelnator
3 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

Why can't that be the case though? If someone paid us that to sign him, go for it. I don't think he's worth that to another team, but to us, he is. I do also think Hearts is his level. He wouldn't start in the Champions League for either of the Old Firm, but he would probably start for Rangers in some league games which is... our level.

People on here would say they'd take Shankland over Ellis Simms. I saw Simms was terrorising Man Utd at Wembley today. Would Shankland do that? No. But Shankland would score more goals in Scotland than Simms. We suit him too because he's not pushed to do more than he's capable of. Football is not binary. Shankland is a great player for us. It's just like Rudi Skacel. He flopped at higher levels than us, but we all thought he was too good for us.

Djnoisy

On thing for sure.......he ain't going to the Euros. 

He really has hit a bad patch of form, and I'm sick of everyone in that team trying to give him the ball,when the better option is to shot or pass to someone else. Other teams know how to mark him and he's very rarely open for a pass. 

If we can get a decent fee for him, I'd happily let him go. 

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, Djnoisy said:

🫨

Stendelnator
2 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

He really has hit a bad patch of form, and I'm sick of everyone in that team trying to give him the ball,when the better option is to shot or pass to someone else. Other teams know how to mark him and he's very rarely open for a pass. 

Absolute nonsense. He'll be there. He won't start though. 

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The problem with Shankland is…we don’t have any attacking midfielders that would kill the need for him to continually keep dropping so deep. He should be up top being supplied, but nothing🤬

In a nutshell. The lack of an attacking threat from midfield is a massive issue and has been for a few years now. Perhaps Dhanda and/or Spittal will provide an answer - time will tell, but until we solve that problem we'll continue to struggle in these big games.

BackOfTheNet

We can both acknowledge he is our most valuable player, whose goals have effectively got us 3rd and has been excellent the majority of the time with us - AND - also acknowledge that today he was utter, utter pish and should have been subbed off for what was his worst Hearts performance to date. Everything broke down because he was slower than me getting up off the couch.

hmfc_liam06
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

We can both acknowledge he is our most valuable player, whose goals have effectively got us 3rd and has been excellent the majority of the time with us - AND - also acknowledge that today he was utter, utter pish and should have been subbed off for what was his worst Hearts performance to date. Everything broke down because he was slower than me getting up off the couch.

It’s absolutely mental how black or white folk are, especially when it comes to Shankland.

Your post is absolutely spot on.

Stendelnator
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It’s absolutely mental how black or white folk are, especially when it comes to Shankland.

Your post is absolutely spot on.

Just like how having the opinion that we are the highest level he is capable of playing at doesn't actually mean I think he's shite. 

Bazzas right boot

Gonna go out on a limb and suggest that managers and scouts don't make decisions to sign players or not on one game of football,  unlike the roasters on here who declare players shite or brilliant on a game by game basis. 

luckyBatistuta
7 minutes ago, stirlo said:

In a nutshell. The lack of an attacking threat from midfield is a massive issue and has been for a few years now. Perhaps Dhanda and/or Spittal will provide an answer - time will tell, but until we solve that problem we'll continue to struggle in these big games.

It really is, Dhanda and Spittal will be positives, whether they are the answer remains to be seen.I do believe that we will be an even better side next year though  if Shankland stays with us.

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Just like how having the opinion that we are the highest level he is capable of playing at doesn't actually mean I think he's shite. 

Indeed.

Polonia Gorgie

Shankland is my man crush!! Aye he was pretty pish in the forward areas, I think he was quite deep today. I'd absolutely love it if he was to sign an extension.

kingantti1874

My god this thread is another disaster.  Lawrence Shankland is a great player. It’s also possible to say like a lot of his team mates he had a bad game.  He did there is no 2 ways about it .

Both things can be true at the same time 

south morocco
23 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

🤣🤣🤣 must be a wind up ffs

Djnoisy
1 minute ago, south morocco said:

🤣🤣🤣 must be a wind up ffs

If he does go... he'll win slowest player of the tournament. 😂

soonbe110
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

My god this thread is another disaster.  Lawrence Shankland is a great player. It’s also possible to say like a lot of his team mates he had a bad game.  He did there is no 2 ways about it .

Both things can be true at the same time 

Spot on.  Worrying that once again many of our players don’t show up in the big games