Shankland

Stendelnator

Captain Lithuania

Shankland is a once in a generation talent. He’s the Robbo of the current generation. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• luckyBatistuta

• Kyle1874

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GorgieFifeLife
34 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

On thing for sure.......he ain't going to the Euros. 

He really has hit a bad patch of form, and I'm sick of everyone in that team trying to give him the ball,when the better option is to shot or pass to someone else. Other teams know how to mark him and he's very rarely open for a pass. 

If we can get a decent fee for him, I'd happily let him go. 

Launch this clown.

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Spot on.  Worrying that once again many of our players don’t show up in the big games 

agreed.  If we’d let ourselves into a game for once and not get behind early it would be a good start.

if we’d watched that first half at 0-0 I think we have been quietly satisfied, maybe even not have panicked and made so many poor decisions in the final third.  And the second goal was borne out of desperation. 

Kingsley keeping that ball in play is burned into my retinas .  I haven’t watched it back but convinced it was going straight out for a goal kick 

edit: yup just watched it back. He obviously felt diomande was in behind but there was no ****ing way. And just a terrible place to drop the ball into.  Very un Kingsley like 

Edited by kingantti1874

Saint Jambo
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

agreed.  If we’d let ourselves into a game for once and not get behind early it would be a good start.

if we’d watched that first half at 0-0 I think we have been quietly satisfied, maybe even not have panicked and made so many poor decisions in the final third.  And the second goal was borne out of desperation. 

Kingsley keeping that ball in play is burned into my retinas .  I haven’t watched it back but convinced it was going straight out for a goal kick 

edit: yup just watched it back. He obviously felt diomande was in behind but there was no ****ing way. And just a terrible place to drop the ball into.  Very un Kingsley like 

Kingsley possibly still had the move a couple minutes earlier where he completely lost Sima and a ball got played over the top of him which Sima crossed in and Dessers put over. I do think awareness of exactly where the attackers are is a bit of a weakness in Kingsley's game. I think it is one of the reasons he looks better at the left of a back three, because he is able to defend facing the game the whole time.

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Syd said:

Shankland is the best hearts player in the last 20 years.

In a choice between him and Ellis Simms up front for today’s game I’d select Ellis quite comfortably.

Corstorphine Jambo

Shankland has been outstanding for us. Surely nobody can/will argue with that.

Today was one of his few poor games where I felt he let frustration get the better of him and went into positions he shouldn’t have chasing the ball. First half especially.

Hopefully dusts himself down and finishes the season on a high

A_A wehatethehibs

Absolutely hopeless today. Shades of an Andy Halliday and Barrie McKay, in being hopeless over awed by their beloved rangers. Unlike those 2, Lawrence will not play for Rangers ever. No chance. 

Paris 84
1 hour ago, Djnoisy said:

He really has hit a bad patch of form, and I'm sick of everyone in that team trying to give him the ball,when the better option is to shot or pass to someone else. Other teams know how to mark him and he's very rarely open for a pass. 

Straight to ignore. 

Paris 84
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Absolutely hopeless today. Shades of an Andy Halliday and Barrie McKay, in being hopeless over awed by their beloved rangers. Unlike those 2, Lawrence will not play for Rangers ever. No chance. 

And another one. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Paris 84 said:

And another one. 

Disagree? Feel he played well today? 

BackOfTheNet
46 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Shankland is a once in a generation talent. He’s the Robbo of the current generation. 

Yes he is. And he was utter shite today and should’ve been hooked at half time if not just after. Both things can coexist and be true at the same time.

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

Shankland has been outstanding for us. Surely nobody can/will argue with that.

Today was one of his few poor games where I felt he let frustration get the better of him and went into positions he shouldn’t have chasing the ball. First half especially.

Hopefully dusts himself down and finishes the season on a high

Mentally the guy just can’t hack playing against rangers. That’s the fact of it. He is the new Lafferty in that way. Terrific against Celtic and Hibs. But mentally, just can’t face rangers. 

Berra than you
17 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Mentally the guy just can’t hack playing against rangers. That’s the fact of it. He is the new Lafferty in that way. Terrific against Celtic and Hibs. But mentally, just can’t face rangers. 

He's scored 3 of our last 4 goals against rangers.

43 minutes ago, Syd said:

Shankland is the best hearts player in the last 20 years.

Doesn't even come close to Craig Gordon, Paul Hartley, Rudi Skacel or Steven Pressley

feedthefox

If Rangers had taken him in last window they'd still have a lead over Celtic. For Rangers he'd be the player who would score consistently in these games like Dundee the other night when all their other players can't. That said Clement won't be bashing down the board room door after watching him today so maybe he won't be going there in which case I'm not sure where he'd go.

Philfigo

Rangers had obviously been watching him as everytime he dropped deep to pick the ball up he was being heavily marked by at least two and gave the ball away 2 or 3 times while dropping deep. Cut a frustrated figure at times and needs to cut the shouting and screaming at his teammates when something doesn't come off as that won't end well for team moral. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
2 hours ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Overweight; which is inexcusable in a professional athlete. 

If he’s overweight I’m sure Hearts would address it. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
16 minutes ago, swilso said:

Doesn't even come close to Craig Gordon, Paul Hartley, Rudi Skacel or Steven Pressley

He’s the most exciting player since Rudi. But he isnt on the same level as Rudi. No one is, and nobody will ever be. 

loveofthegame

Shanks was by no means our worst player today but his missed chance at 1-0 cost us just as much as Rowles and Tait’s mistakes- and that’s a fact.

loveofthegame
19 minutes ago, swilso said:

Correct. They are Great’s. Shanks is not.

5jambo1

Love Shankland, the goals he has scored this season and the games he has single handedly won us, has been immense. 

unfortunately when he’s not scoring goals, he can sometimes, like today, look very poor, and simply does not offer anything to the team. Had a stinker today and contributed very little. His hold up play is only ok when he’s got a bit of space, quite often when dominant centre halves are up tight, he gets bullied like today. 

On some kind of positive, it’s games like today that gives me hope there is a way we can keep him as I believe we are his level. I think for bigger and better teams he will be expected to do more and he simply does not have the pace 

15 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Rangers had obviously been watching him as everytime he dropped deep to pick the ball up he was being heavily marked by at least two and gave the ball away 2 or 3 times while dropping deep. Cut a frustrated figure at times and needs to cut the shouting and screaming at his teammates when something doesn't come off as that won't end well for team moral. 

Aye and from the captain as well. Poor.

We all know about the glaring shortage of pace. In games against better quality he'll always come towards the ball as he hasn't got the pace or athleticism to go in behind. That's when he starts to converge on the space that should be reserved for Grant in a set up like today. You simply can't play Shankland and a No. 10 against the OF. It doesn't work. 

We've just gone and signed another two of them on PCA's!

Edited by Carter

I thought Rangers and in particular Balogan played him really well. Don’t believe for a minute it’s a mentality thing with Shankland. Oh for a Simms up front with him today though

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Launch this clown.

They have nothing else but our failures to make their own miserable experiences appear less $#!tty.

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, Djnoisy said:

Where do you get your gear mate? 

Asking for a friend. 

jamboinglasgow

As I said on another thread, I think Shankland is in need of a rest. He has played all bar two games for us (and I think has only been subbed once if at all) this season. Looking at him today I thought he looked tired. 

I think being on the bench for a few matches in the split might be the best thing for him to freshen up for the Euros.

If he does go... he'll win slowest player of the tournament. 😂

Go to Hell, Vermin boy.

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

If he’s overweight I’m sure Hearts would address it. 

Two and half years ago. Make your own mind up about his weight. 

A3DF7C53-EDDF-4489-99ED-242BEAFA7F7B.jpeg

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

As I said on another thread, I think Shankland is in need of a rest. He has played all bar two games for us (and I think has only been subbed once if at all) this season. Looking at him today I thought he looked tired. 

I think being on the bench for a few matches in the split might be the best thing for him to freshen up for the Euros.

Yeah get him used to it as thats where he will be most of the 3 games. 

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, munro9 said:

I thought Rangers and in particular Balogan played him really well. Don’t believe for a minute it’s a mentality thing with Shankland. Oh for a Simms up front with him today though

Why not play Vargas up ahead of him to try and stretch the game.

43 minutes ago, Carter said:

We all know about the glaring shortage of pace. In games against better quality he'll always come towards the ball as he hasn't got the pace or athleticism to go in behind. That's when he starts to converge on the space that should be reserved for Grant in a set up like today. You simply can't play Shankland and a No. 10 against the OF. It doesn't work. 

We've just gone and signed another two of them on PCA's!

Exactly. Unless we are going to have a quicker striker up there then nothing will change. 

jambogirlglasgow
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I have and he is. Stand by for abuse though!

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

I have and he is. Stand by for abuse though!

He’s clearly much fitter there. 

jambogirlglasgow
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He’s clearly much fitter there. 

Clear as day.. wait for it though, we know nothing about football!

Anyone digging out Shankland today obviously wasn't really watching the game. He was the only one on the ball and actually trying to make things happen in the final 3rd. As has been highlighted, he was often dropping deep to get the ball as Grant was anonymous. Then, when he had the ball, absolutely no **** was making a decent run or showing for it. I do agree that he'd be daft to leave unless he gets 'life changing' money, as he's probably not good enough to play at a much higher level, but unless we really provide him with much better supporting options then like others have said, I wouldn't blame him for wanting to go. His goals are single handedly the reason this season has been as good as it's been.

By The Light..

I'd be happy if he stays next season and leaves on a free.

Hearts were poor today as often in Glasgow when it matters

Kyle1874
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

What game are you watching he was having to drop in to midfield to build attacks and still getting forward he was running himself in to the ground for the team he was doing all he could to get us on the front foot but for poor decisions in the final 3rd it could of been a different story 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Clear as day.. wait for it though, we know nothing about football!

I know about being overweight 🙄😆?!?!

Kyle1874
4 minutes ago, Locky said:

Anyone digging out Shankland today obviously wasn't really watching the game. He was the only one on the ball and actually trying to make things happen in the final 3rd. As has been highlighted, he was often dropping deep to get the ball as Grant was anonymous. Then, when he had the ball, absolutely no **** was making a decent run or showing for it. I do agree that he'd be daft to leave unless he gets 'life changing' money, as he's probably not good enough to play at a much higher level, but unless we really provide him with much better supporting options then like others have said, I wouldn't blame him for wanting to go. His goals are single handedly the reason this season has been as good as it's been.

It’s astonishing how anyone can watch that today and not see the work rate shankland put in the man gave everything him dropping in to midfield was to get us going in an attacking sense because nobody else was taking responsibility 

jambogirlglasgow
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I know about being overweight 🙄😆?!?!

Took the words out my mouth!

bawheed
2 hours ago, Paris 84 said:

Straight to ignore. 

29 goals and he’s shite!!!!

2 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

It’s astonishing how anyone can watch that today and not see the work rate shankland put in the man gave everything him dropping in to midfield was to get us going in an attacking sense because nobody else was taking responsibility 

Exactly. Look at the second half when Shankland berated McKay. Pure frustration of a man giving his all and getting **** all in return from his teammates. I've played as a striker, and it's a thankless task when you have no support whatsoever.

I hate that we have nothing in our attack outside of Shankland. 

Like, none of our wingers or attacking midfielders are even a couple of levels below him. Its several. 

We've got a Rolls Royce of a centre forward, and have DIY'd the rest of our attack. Its disgraceful tbh, and its been like that since he joined. 

Add a Danny Armstrong, Yan Dhanda or Luke McCowan and you radically improve our attack. I just hope its not too little too late and we can improve the players around him sufficiently that he will entertain a contract extension. Hell, if we could ship out Forrest, Oda & Tagawa, and bring in Armstrong & McCowan, I genuinely don't think we could have a better transfer window!! - Although I like Oda, I do think we need players that can be relied on to make an impact week in week out, and although his talent is there, if finances were so that losing him got Armstrong or McCowan in, then I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

Kyle1874

It’s a myth that’s he’s just a goal scorer his link up play and overall game is unbelievable anyone that can’t see just how good a footballer shankland just does not understand football 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Locky said:

Exactly. Look at the second half when Shankland berated McKay. Pure frustration of a man giving his all and getting **** all in return from his teammates. I've played as a striker, and it's a thankless task when you have no support whatsoever.

That was actually disgusting, what the **** McKay thought driving through the middle was going to do for Shankland that far out is so stupid it’s unbelievable. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

That was actually disgusting, what the **** McKay thought driving through the middle was going to do for Shankland that far out is so stupid it’s unbelievable. 

Typical shitebag McKay behaviour. 'Here, you take it, I'm away over here to hide'. I've been a big critic of McKay for a long time but honestly he can just **** off. I'd rather have Forrest than McKay, and Forrest is pish.

Kyle1874
2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Exactly see if McKay actually tries to go thru one on one shankland plays the pass but McKay drops back letting rangers get back in to a defensive shape 

Pasquale for King

I actually he could play at a higher level, he showed against the Dutch he can with better players around him. Thankfully hes not the type of player the uglies are looking for.
Huge summer ahead where he either goes if an acceptable bid arrives or he stays for another season then gets one more big move.