Shankland

Stendelnator

Stendelnator

Would be as well signing a new deal with us now because he’s not capable of going to another level. Brilliant player for us but that’s his ceiling. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• luckyBatistuta

• Kyle1874

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1874Jambo

No chance anyone will be paying any cash for him, and certainly won't end up at ibrox 

hearts00
2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Would be as well signing a new deal with us now because he’s not capable of going to another level. Brilliant player for us but that’s his ceiling.

Ron Burgundy

Must be hard for a centre forward who constantly has to drop as there is no midfield. 
Wouldn’t blame him for wanting to leave. Must be frustrating. 

sjh1874

Off to Saudi for one last pay day would be my guess. Not quick enough for a big money move here. Don’t get me wrong, I want him here for another three years

Boris5115
1 minute ago, 1874Jambo said:

No chance anyone will be paying any cash for him, and certainly won't end up at ibrox 

So because he was poor today nobody will be interested in him anymore. I hope you are right as il happily keep him. 

hearts00
Just now, hearts00 said:
2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

You may well be right unless he scores a few at the Euros. 

He is brilliant for the SPL level but outside of Saudi he will struggle elsewhere and it is hard to see where he woukd go.

We would be mid table without him though because midfield forward we are bang average otherwise. 

south morocco

He was played far too deep today due to have a shit midfield . Everyone knows his best position. The end.

luckyBatistuta

The problem with Shankland is…we don’t have any attacking midfielders that would kill the need for him to continually keep dropping so deep. He should be up top being supplied, but nothing🤬

Big John Colquhoun
1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Got rag dolled all day by that pussy, Souttar. He’d score in the Championship for sure - needs to lose a stone and hit the gym if he wanted to go to another level though. Maybe he’ll just stay here ♥️♥️

His lack of pace is pretty evident. 

Wouldn't put it past Rangers to take him simply because they can next summer and force us to lose such an important player.

Would like to see a contract extension agreed as soon as possible. Hopefully over the summer this is something which can get pursued aggressively. Suits everyone. Long term contract to 33/34. 

Cranston

No longer played as an out and out Centre Forward. That's why he's struggled to score lately. Looks a shadow of the player he was merely a month ago. 

5 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Do you not think he woukd score more at old firm ?  

luckyBatistuta

I want him to stay 100% but in no circumstance should we be increasing our offer to him. I don’t think he’s going anywhere unless Hearts drop their asking price 

Edited by luckyBatistuta

3 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

Off to Saudi for one last pay day would be my guess. Not quick enough for a big money move here. Don’t get me wrong, I want him here for another three years

Woukd be hard to turn down with his age 

Would not blame him one bit if he did sets his family up for life 

vegas-voss

He played alright imo.Held the ball up well put in a couple of good deliveries and aye he also got caught on the ball a couple of times as well.

So he was just alright it's not his fault his teammates could not create a single chance for him.

2 minutes ago, Cranston said:

No longer played as an out and out Centre Forward. That's why he's struggled to score lately. Looks a shadow of the player he was merely a month ago. 

He has no support the boy is an absolute gem of a finisher 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, mr fox said:

Do you not think he woukd score more at old firm ?  

Of course he would, purely because he could play as an out and out striker

vegas-voss

Looks like how he would be asked to play the Scotland role really.

Edited by vegas-voss

Boris5115
3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The problem with Shankland is…we don’t have any attacking midfielders that would kill the need for him to continually keep dropping so deep. He should be up top being supplied, but nothing🤬

Correct. 

luckyBatistuta

Anybody blaming Shankland for that inept performance is a clown

heartsfc_fan

Had a poor game today. That back post header should be buried every time.

Cranston
Just now, mr fox said:

He has no support the boy is an absolute gem of a finisher 

Which is why I said, a shadow of the player he was merely a month ago. Was on top form, banging the goals in, then suddenly dropping off, playing deeper, and hey ho, he's stopped scoring as he was.

saxondale
8 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Utter nonsense.

He's already scored against the old firm numerous times, for Scotland and against every other team.

I'm assuming you're opinion is based on today alone, and not across the whole season.

1971fozzy
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

This

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Don’t see anyone blaming him tbh, but he is 100% immune from any criticism it seems.

Cranston
2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Looks like how he would be asked to play the Scotland role really.

👍

Definitely looks like he's been changed tactically. And his goals have dried up as a consequence.

Stendelnator
Just now, saxondale said:

Utter nonsense.

He's already scored against the old firm numerous times, for Scotland and against every other team.

I'm assuming you're opinion is based on today alone, and not across the whole season.

Not at all. He is a tremendous player for us but he isn’t dynamic enough to play consistently for a better team. And his miss today was a shocker. 

luckyBatistuta

I hate the fact folks start a thread singling out players, that team never stepped up as a whole

Gordon_1874

Shankland is the least of our worries, can't expect him to save us every game. Vargas Forrest Oda Mckay all absolutely awful today.

Wee Mikey
5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He played alright imo.Held the ball up well put in a couple of good deliveries and aye he also got caught on the ball a couple of times as well.

So he was just alright it's not his fault his teammates could not create a single chance for him.

The header he put into the side-netting looked, at least to me, like a pretty good chance.

saxondale
1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Not at all. He is a tremendous player for us but he isn’t dynamic enough to play consistently for a better team. And his miss today was a shocker. 

What do you mean by dynamic? He's proved himself countless times against lower and higher opposition. What more do you want? And compare this to Dessers, Fabio Dilva etc - he's clearly better than that.

Ronald Villiers

I love the guy but he's unbelievably slow.  He'd be better staying as we're a good fit for one another.  He would flourish with a big pacey striker playing alongside him.  I hope he doesn't go to Rangers and end up on the scrapheap.  

He's a great player for us. We understand and overlook his limitations. Zero service really. Needs someone quality ahead of him and better mids behind him. 

Saint Jambo

👍

Definitely looks like he's been changed tactically. And his goals have dried up as a consequence.

How can you think he is immune from criticism when you are literally posting on a thread started to criticize him. Being immune from criticism and some people having a different opinion and posting it are two entirely different things.

Shankland provided our only really cutting delivery all day with his ball in for Kent in the first half.

vegas-voss
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

The header he put into the side-netting looked, at least to me, like a pretty good chance.

It still had to go through a ruck of players to get into the net.I think it was a pretty hard chance 

Stendelnator

Shankland is our most important player. That comes with increased expectations therefore when he fails to meet them it’ll be magnified more. We expect a lot from him when the chips are down. Why can’t we talk about it when he doesn’t deliver?

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Don’t see anyone blaming him tbh, but he is 100% immune from any criticism it seems.

I am a wee bit pished and not happy, so maybe not reading everything in its entirety, but my point stands. Shankland NEEDS SUPPORT, that defeat is not on him. 

Stendelnator
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

How can you think he is immune from criticism when you are literally posting on a thread started to criticize him. Being immune from criticism and some people having a different opinion and posting it are two entirely different things.

Shankland provided our only really cutting delivery all day with his ball in for Kent in the first half.

Is a thread designed to discuss his limitations truly criticism? I’ve said repeatedly how important he is to us. 

Saint Jambo
Just now, Stendelnator said:

Shankland is our most important player. That comes with increased expectations therefore when he fails to meet them it’ll be magnified more. We expect a lot from him when the chips are down. Why can’t we talk about it when he doesn’t deliver?you

You are talking about it. No one has deleted your thread. Some people just have different opinions and will also post those.

Wee Mikey
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

It still had to go through a ruck of players to get into the net.I think it was a pretty hard chance 

From where we were sitting (D2) it looked like a clear view of the goal. I'll torture myself and watch the highlights.

Buster HMFC
18 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Has to be the worst thread on JBK ever. You've obviously been ramming your head of the ceiling 

Cranston
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

You've unfortunately mixed me up with a different poster. I never said Shankland was immune from criticism. For me it's change of tactics for Shankland, as he obviously knows how to score. The forward today, I would hugely criticise is Vargas. A complete imposter today. 

luckyBatistuta

The problem is and gas always been for a long time now…the midfield. Until we address that, nothing is changing 

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Wee Mikey said:

From where we were sitting (D2) it looked like a clear view of the goal. I'll torture myself and watch the highlights.

That’s where we were. I thought he had scored, but I’m not for watching doctored highlights from the usual corrupt providers 

Saint Jambo
1 minute ago, Cranston said:

You've unfortunately mixed me up with a different poster. I never said Shankland was immune from criticism. For me it's change of tactics for Shankland, as he obviously knows how to score. The forward today, I would hugely criticise is Vargas. A complete imposter today. 

Apologies, I was responding to the post above you that said

"Don’t see anyone blaming him tbh, but he is 100% immune from any criticism it seems."

jambogirlglasgow

Overweight; which is inexcusable in a professional athlete. 

Cranston
Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Apologies, I was responding to the post above you that said

"Don’t see anyone blaming him tbh, but he is 100% immune from any criticism it seems."

👍

Thanks mate. I knew you had replied to the wrong poster. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The problem is and gas always been for a long time now…the midfield. Until we address that, nothing is changing 

I agree.