Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• SMJ_1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

zeke1874

Think he looks a really skilful player. And he's at an age where the best might still be to come. Also hopefully in a stronger team he will shine. Maybe giving Grant a kick up the arse to start improving and influencing games because that's his position under threat..

jamboinglasgow

Saw some tweets about him today

I am excited about him. I do think he is a player that will benefit from being in a side with better quality players around to excel, though also think with the depth it means there isn't as much pressure which can help a lot. 

FarmerTweedy
29 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Is he officially signed ?

Can't have done, he's not injured!  😃

AlimOzturk
13 minutes ago, zeke1874 said:

Think he looks a really skilful player. And he's at an age where the best might still be to come. Also hopefully in a stronger team he will shine. Maybe giving Grant a kick up the arse to start improving and influencing games because that's his position under threat..

Grants been one of our best players lately so that is other harsh. 

Lovecraft

Hits a decent corner - and as we seen earlier in the season, he can also hit a decent free kick.

That gives us, both a real left and right footer at offensive free kicks now.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Grant is underrated. Reminds me alot of Olly Lee he is a smart player with the ball at his feet

SMJ_1874

I wish we’d have just paid the fee and got him in January. Would also love to have Armstrong, Bair and the two boys from Dundee, Cameron and McGowan. A new RB is also a must.

We’re just a few key players away from having our strongest and best squad in years. I’m already  thinking of Europe and next season. Bring it on! 

Hungry hippo

Interesting to see if we announce the pre contract players now that they're confirmed in the bottom 6. We've done that before (I think with Halkett from memory).

Just now, SMJ_1874 said:

I wish we’d have just paid the fee and got him in January. Would also love to have Armstrong, Bair and the two boys from Dundee, Cameron and McGowan. A new RB is also a must.

We’re just a few key players away from having our strongest and best squad in years. I’m already  thinking of Europe and next season. Bring it on! 

Absolutely. Would have stopped the momentum swinging so far in Hibs favour too. 
:levein2:

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Interesting to see if we announce the pre contract players now that they're confirmed in the bottom 6. We've done that before (I think with Halkett from memory).

We announced Halkett instantly 

RustyRightPeg
44 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Been done to death this. Yes. 

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

We announced Halkett instantly 

We announced him on Monday 1st April 2019.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47775439

Two days earlier we had beaten Aberdeen to confirm top 6. Livi were already confirmed bottom 6.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47676451

So we announced it basically as soon as we knew we wouldn't be playing Livi again.

tiger Rudi
11 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Unfortunately we brought in the cheaper option in Fraser on a loan. Maybe saved money but I know who the better player is. 

Batistuta87
48 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Aye. 

The club haven't announced it but think we're just being respectful about it after criticising Rangers for announcing Souttar early. 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, tiger Rudi said:

Unfortunately we brought in the cheaper option in Fraser on a loan. Maybe saved money but I know who the better player is. 

But its hardly been to our detriment this season has it?

tiger Rudi
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

No it hasn't, and I assume he wouldnt have been able to play in the cup either. 

Bob Loblaw
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It's also as if County had no say in the matter as well. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

leaving him at county has cost the hibs top 6 👌🏻

Hungry hippo
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Totally agree. Has proven to be the correct decision. Would have probably cost us around £350k inc additional wages. 

Our final league position would have been the same and he'd have been ineligible for the cup games.

SMJ_1874
1 minute ago, tiger Rudi said:

Dhanda pulled the strings in midfield today for RC. They have showed how to beat the tribute act. Pass, pass and pass. We need players like Grant and McKay to have a massive game for us. Energy, pace and pass them to death is how we’ll win. We can and we will open them up if we get our game management correct. I’d be starting with a 352 of 

Clark 

Kent Rowles Kingsley 

Natty Grant Beni Devlin Cochrane 

McKay Shanks Vargas 

Callem to come on in midfield, possibly Oda for Mackay as Barrie won’t have 90 mins in his legs at Hampden. Tagawa to stretch their defence in the last 20. We do have some good options. I know craig gordon will start but I hope it doesn’t backfire on us. Clark is our #1 and I hope we rethink this. 

Let them chase shadows for a change and tire them out. Our RHS is a concern for me and natty akka needs to have the game of his life for us. We owe them and our pay back starts in 7 days. My premonition has a 3-0 victory to the famous. Bookmark it jambos!

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Polonia Gorgie

If he has a good season and plays in Europe for us, he might get picked by India. Looking forward to seeing him in a Hearts jersey 

10 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Totally agree. Has proven to be the correct decision. Would have probably cost us around £350k inc additional wages. 

Our final league position would have been the same and he'd have been ineligible for the cup games.

Agreed RC wanted money and Hearts told them to bolt and take their medicine!

milky_26
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

leaving him at county has cost the hibs top 6 👌🏻

he might also help put aberdeen in the relegation playoff spot

Uncle Buck
7 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Dhanda pulled the strings in midfield today for RC. They have showed how to beat the tribute act. Pass, pass and pass. We need players like Grant and McKay to have a massive game for us. Energy, pace and pass them to death is how we’ll win. We can and we will open them up if we get our game management correct. I’d be starting with a 352 of 

Clark 

Kent Rowles Kingsley 

McKay Shanks Vargas 

Callem to come on in midfield, possibly Oda for Mackay as Barrie won’t have 90 mins in his legs at Hampden. Tagawa to stretch their defence in the last 20. We do have some good options. I know craig gordon will start but I hope it doesn’t backfire on us. Clark is our #1 and I hope we rethink this. 

Let them chase shadows for a change and tire them out. Our RHS is a concern for me and natty akka needs to have the game of his life for us. We owe them and our pay back starts in 7 days. My premonition has a 3-0 victory to the famous. Bookmark it jambos!

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Sneaking on an extra man will surely give us a better chance.

Hungry hippo
7 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Clark 

Kent Rowles Kingsley 

McKay Shanks Vargas 

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

The fact you've had to go 3-5-3 is why Mackay won't start. 😀

1971fozzy

Can’t wait for him to join us. Always liked him and he’s getting better.  He should flourish at Tynecastle. What a great bit of business

LarrysRightFoot

I can’t see it being officially announced until the end of the season given Ross County’s position. 

However, Naismith did say along the lines of ‘there’s an agreement in place’.

tcjambo
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he might also help put aberdeen in the relegation playoff spot

This would be amazing. Shame it looks like D Utd will get automaric promotion, as any of the other likely play off candidates will likely lose.

MattyK82
37 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

RC were under no circumstances selling him to us in January.

SMJ_1874
10 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Sneaking on an extra man will surely give us a better chance.

🤣🤣🤣should’ve said Vargas or McKay in my 352 lol 

SMJ_1874
10 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

The fact you've had to go 3-5-3 is why Mackay won't start. 😀

🙈I’ve totally Hibsed it 

SMJ_1874
6 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

RC were under no circumstances selling him to us in January.

I think they would’ve had we offered silly money. Anyway we didn’t and he’s still their player for another 5 games only. TBH I only tuned in to watch county v the zombies to see how Dhanda played. I’m glad i stayed the distance with it as it exposed the Huns vulnerability…..they don’t like to be attacked and they didn’t pick up the runners with clever balls from the county midfield. They got around them and in at the back. If we can do the same then we will score. Just need to unpick their midfield and defence with Jorge Grant playing like a QB in the pocket and plenty of runs in behind. Tagawa will be very useful in this position if he’s used correctly at some stage. 

PaddysBar
20 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

If he has a good season and plays in Europe for us, he might get picked by India. Looking forward to seeing him in a Hearts jersey 

Think India has a rule that you can only have Indian nationality if you give up all other passports so he isn’t Indian. 

Armageddon
53 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

We’ve not needed him and he’s been able to cause enough damage that has benefitted us by staying at County.

Cameronstheman
Just now, Armageddon said:

We’ve not needed him and he’s been able to cause enough damage that has benefitted us by staying at County.

Ask the Hobos if in doubt FTH

Drylaw Hearts
23 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

He won’t play for India.

It’s down to some legislation regarding dual nationality.

kingantti1874

There is no such thing as a first 11 these days so imo not of much value trying to pick it. 

The strongest team depends on the opposition.  We pick teams to combat the other teams strengths AND expose their weakness AND deal with the inevitable injuries and fixture congestion. 

for the first time in a long time we will have options.  I suspect (hope!) Grant may be playing his way to a new contract as well

tcjambo

What the hell happened to John Souttar? He looks a shadow of the player we had.

Edited by tcjambo

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Think India has a rule that you can only have Indian nationality if you give up all other passports so he isn’t Indian. 

Yup, the problem is that even if he did that, it would mean that he could not play in European football as India are ranked so low so it would mean he would struggle to get a work permit.

There was an interview on Sky's coverage today with him and Brandon Khela talking being players of South Asian descent (when they played in January together, it was the first time two players of a South Asian background played for the same team in the SPFL.) Dhanda said that he talks to the India coach once a month, and the Indian FA are pushing the government to change the rules and hopes there is change.

zeke1874
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I know. And i actually like Grant as a player. Just think he needs to turn it on more. I was just guessing that maybe the news of dhanda, plus Spittal, has maybe coincided with Grant being one of our better players recently..

6 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

What the hell happened to John Souttar? He looks a shadow of the player we had.

A case of the Berra’s hopefully. 

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

What a player btw. 

Can't wait to get him in the door. 

image.jpeg.12f80cbda3121dc51257cc5d280fc651.jpeg

He’s what we’ve all been waiting for. 

The first hair band since Pinilla. 

Polonia Gorgie
48 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

He won’t play for India.

It’s down to some legislation regarding dual nationality.

Aw right, I read somewhere that he wanted to play for India. Still, looking forward to seeing the boy play for us

Threedoorsdown

Grant’s performances have picked up because he knows people are looking to take him back south.