Dhanda

Batistuta87

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

We'll be losing Beni by the sound of it. I don't think Dhanda is a direct equivalent but there's going to be a gap in  midfield, and Grant has done enough to earn a new contract imo.

Based on what? Last time he spoke publicly about it he said the incoming signings has encouraged him about the future.

*Beni I mean.

Edited by RustyRightPeg

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• SMJ_1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Based on what? Last time he spoke publicly about it he said the incoming signings has encouraged him about the future.

*Beni I mean.

I sure as hell hope you're right.

18 hours ago, Section Q said:

Just watched the highlights on you tube, must've been Rangers TV.

QUESTION.........Who's the commentator with the voice of a 3 year old....?

Tom Miller . An irritating wee Hun welt

IMG_6777.webp

18 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Hadn’t realised until he signed for us that he was a Liverpool youth and already played 50 games for Swansea in the English Championship, arguably a higher level than the SPFL. I had assumed he came from the lower leagues in England.

Was a bit of a coup of a signing for Ross County. Only 25 year old and a career very much on the up with him knowing the league well, perfect type of signing for us.

It is not an exaggeration to say he was tipped as one of Englands top prospects early on in his career . I have family who live near West Brom and they tell me he was genuinely tipped for greatness

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

It is not an exaggeration to say he was tipped as one of Englands top prospects early on in his career . I have family who live near West Brom and they tell me he was genuinely tipped for greatness

And at last he's about to achieve that potential.

8 minutes ago, RobNox said:

And at last he's about to achieve that potential.

Obviously these things can go either way , but all joking aside I think he could recapture a bit of his early promise with us . I am quite excited about his signing 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Obviously these things can go either way , but all joking aside I think he could recapture a bit of his early promise with us . I am quite excited about his signing 

Oh, me too.  Wouldn't be the first promising youngster who ended up having to take a few steps back before eventually realising their potential.

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

Oh, me too.  Wouldn't be the first promising youngster who ended up having to take a few steps back before eventually realising their potential.

It has become a total cliche these days to mention him by way of comparison but in this particular occasion , Paul Hartley definitely springs to mind for me 

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It has become a total cliche these days to mention him by way of comparison but in this particular occasion , Paul Hartley definitely springs to mind for me 

Yeah, certainly someone who blossomed later in his career.  Think he was 27 when we signed him on a free from St Johnstone.  

What really excites me about the Dhanda signing is that Naismith has already shown that he is capable of improving players.  I have high hopes for him at Hearts.

10 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Yeah, certainly someone who blossomed later in his career.  Think he was 27 when we signed him on a free from St Johnstone.  

What really excites me about the Dhanda signing is that Naismith has already shown that he is capable of improving players.  I have high hopes for him at Hearts.

Totally agree . We are going in to next season with some talented midfielders and forwards , and Naismith could be the man to get that bit extra out of them 

WASTREL
On 14/04/2024 at 22:39, zeke1874 said:

I know. And i actually like Grant as a player. Just think he needs to turn it on more. I was just guessing that maybe the news of dhanda, plus Spittal, has maybe coincided with Grant being one of our better players recently..

Also his family have now settled in Edinburgh and are loving it .... meaning he now goes home for his tea

Jim Panzee
12 hours ago, Sooks said:

IMG_6777.webp

I'm a fine one to talk about teeth as I am not of the turkish teeth generation but...!

what's going on here? Has this guy tried to have his top teeth implanted from count dracula but stopped half way through?

or is he a heavy smoker and it's stunted the growth of half his top teeth?

Vit1874
12 hours ago, Sooks said:

IMG_6777.webp

Troll.png.d5edc85dedc82035d82453463b86201a.png

50 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I'm a fine one to talk about teeth as I am not of the turkish teeth generation but...!

what's going on here? Has this guy tried to have his top teeth implanted from count dracula but stopped half way through?

or is he a heavy smoker and it's stunted the growth of half his top teeth?

Everything is in the wrong place . Dr Frankenstein was on the Ouzo that night 

Jim Panzee
19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

🤣

gordon simpson
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

not 2 bits hanging in the right place on the  fat hun bassa 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Going from lukewarm to warm on this one, liked what I have seen of him the last few weeks, showing a good attitude in bad circumstances and affecting play

Surprised me that Grant (8) sneaks Dhanda (7) for more goals and assists. Source BBC

Threedoorsdown
17 minutes ago, FIGJAM said:

Surprised me that Grant (8) sneaks Dhanda (7) for more goals and assists. Source BBC

Dhanda isn’t playing with Shanks yet.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

And Grant doesn’t play for the second worst team in the league!

24 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

Boom - indeed

Valois No1

Dhanda shone on Sunday against Rangers and I believe when county were very unlucky against Celtic he also stood out which shows he has great talent. We all love McKay for his abilities but he hasn’t really stood out against the old firm but has done against other teams. I think Dhanda will be a fantastic signing and I’m very excited to see him and McKay in the same team ripping teams a new but hole. Also Spittal is a great signing but don’t know as much about the Livi guy but he comes recommended by many. Well done Hearts

jamboinglasgow
15 hours ago, Costanza said:

This is the full video interview.

Found it fascinating, it is interesting to see why there are not more South Asian players in British football considering how many there are of South Asian descent in the country. Always wondered if it was a cultural thing or a systematic thing (racist (either intentional or unintentional.)) Certainly sounds like both where in the past coaches may have had bias in regards to how they view players from that background, though it sounds like it is improving. But certainly parents view on what their children should be doing for jobs and football not being one of these seems to be another.

Would Yan Dhanda be the first South Asian or person of South Asian descent to play for Hearts? 

Jim_Duncan
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Found it fascinating, it is interesting to see why there are not more South Asian players in British football considering how many there are of South Asian descent in the country. Always wondered if it was a cultural thing or a systematic thing (racist (either intentional or unintentional.)) Certainly sounds like both where in the past coaches may have had bias in regards to how they view players from that background, though it sounds like it is improving. But certainly parents view on what their children should be doing for jobs and football not being one of these seems to be another.

Would Yan Dhanda be the first South Asian or person of South Asian descent to play for Hearts? 

I speak to lots of South Asian adults, most of them with kids of school-age. About 1/10 say they like football/send their children to clubs, while the overwhelming majority will focus on cricket. It just doesn't register.

Valois No1
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Good question. I think he may be the first chap from Asia full stop to play for Hearts but could be wrong on that one. 

Just now, Valois No1 said:

Good question. I think he may be the first chap from Asia full stop to play for Hearts but could be wrong on that one. 

Well since we currently have 2 players from Asia in the squad right now with Oda and Tagawa you're most definitely wrong 😆 We had Meshino before that too.

Mr Sifter

Dunno if I’m being thick, but since when was “south Asian” a thing? It’s not a phrase I think I’ve ever heard before. Take it we are talking about Pakistanis or Indians? What countries does this South Asia phrase cover? (Apologies for my ignorance, genuinely never heard the phrase until very recently) 👍🏼

1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

Dunno if I’m being thick, but since when was “south Asian” a thing? It’s not a phrase I think I’ve ever heard before. Take it we are talking about Pakistanis or Indians? What countries does this South Asia phrase cover? (Apologies for my ignorance, genuinely never heard the phrase until very recently) 👍🏼

Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan so 8 countries in total. I knew the first 4 were but googled the other 4.  Didn't realise the Maldives were part of that region tbh!

Valois No1
6 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Well since we currently have 2 players from Asia in the squad right now with Oda and Tagawa you're most definitely wrong 😆 We had Meshino before that too.

Well done on passing the trick question where I set out to test the knowledge of my fellow jam tarts 🤪

Just now, Valois No1 said:

Well done on passing the trick question where I set out to test the knowledge of my fellow jam tarts 🤪

😂

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

I think its been quite recent. Pretty sure that people from the areas of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh were referred to as Asians. But I suspect the change is that as Asia is such a big continent that it makes things confusing to refer to people from just one part as Asian (like if Europeans was just to refer people from Spain and Portugal.)  

Mr Sifter
14 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan so 8 countries in total. I knew the first 4 were but googled the other 4.  Didn't realise the Maldives were part of that region tbh!

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think its been quite recent. Pretty sure that people from the areas of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh were referred to as Asians. But I suspect the change is that as Asia is such a big continent that it makes things confusing to refer to people from just one part as Asian (like if Europeans was just to refer people from Spain and Portugal.)  

Thank you guys 👍🏼

JimmyCant
19 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

*Beni I mean.

I wonder what his current team

mates thought of that statement ? Clear implication being Beni thinks what is coming in is better than what is there just now.

I don’t fully trust players who let their contract run down like this like we’re just another option. It doesn’t scream loyal and determination and happy to be here to me

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I wonder what his current team

mates thought of that statement ? Clear implication being Beni thinks what is coming in is better than what is there just now.

I don’t fully trust players who let their contract run down like this like we’re just another option. It doesn’t scream loyal and determination and happy to be here to me

Agree with what you're saying there - although Beni is correct, our attacking options are woeful. Outside of Shankland, we don't have an attack. Forrest is a headless chicken, Oda is too inconsistent to rely on, Tagawa is a non-starter, Boyce is in decline and McKay can't do big games. 

Adding Dhanda & Spittal are excellent options which adds a footballing brain to our attack. Spittal ain't quick, but he makes up for it because he's intelligent with what he does on the ball. Dhanda, clearly has clicked and can dictate games now. 

Although, Beni also has to carry the can on our poor attacking play because he almost refuses to participate in it. The number of forward balls he's played this season.. you're lucky if you can count it on one hand. He's too defensively minded and slow to release the ball. I like him as a player, but making those comments is a bit disrespectful and lacking in awareness IMO. Look at Cammy, very similar to Beni in offering very little in an attacking sense, but has worked at it all season like a dog with a bone and is looking a much more well rounded option in the middle now. 

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You would imagine he would be the first. 
The amount of people doesn’t really matter, look at China or India who have huge populations but not exactly great footballers. 
No doubt there will have been racism involved stopping the progress of generations of youngsters trying to make their way into the game. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Agree with what you're saying there - although Beni is correct, our attacking options are woeful. Outside of Shankland, we don't have an attack. Forrest is a headless chicken, Oda is too inconsistent to rely on, Tagawa is a non-starter, Boyce is in decline and McKay can't do big games. 

Adding Dhanda & Spittal are excellent options which adds a footballing brain to our attack. Spittal ain't quick, but he makes up for it because he's intelligent with what he does on the ball. Dhanda, clearly has clicked and can dictate games now. 

Although, Beni also has to carry the can on our poor attacking play because he almost refuses to participate in it. The number of forward balls he's played this season.. you're lucky if you can count it on one hand. He's too defensively minded and slow to release the ball. I like him as a player, but making those comments is a bit disrespectful and lacking in awareness IMO. Look at Cammy, very similar to Beni in offering very little in an attacking sense, but has worked at it all season like a dog with a bone and is looking a much more well rounded option in the middle now. 

Spot on

JimmyCant
11 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeh, agree. I’m more thinking from a Beni point of view. He’s not exactly been setting the Heather alight himself but he chooses to comment on the team needing upgraded before he’ll stay. Wouldn’t trouble me that much if he left in all honesty. He’s a good player but he contributes next to nothing in an attacking sense and I reckon a bit of a midfield re jig, without him in it, and we’d be far more dangerous and cohesive going forward without losing too much on the defensive midfield side. Transition - there’s a buzz word - and he (and we in general) isn’t/arent very good at it

tartofmidlothian

He speaks very well in interviews, for example the one after the match on Sunday.

I can see why people compare his play to Rudi or SPH, but he'll need to score a lot more goals if he's going to rank alongside them. Very glad he's joining us though, excited to see what he can do.

Costanza
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Cheers for that, good interview 

TexasAndy

Thought he was a decent signing but loved the way he drove at Rangers with the ball.  Hadn't see that Colin Cameron style from him before.  He could be big for us.

HopeDiouf
3 hours ago, FIGJAM said:

Look forward to seeing both of these getting goals and assists for us next year.  Madness that some folks want Grant chased out the door.

sirwalter
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Do we not have some guy from Costa Rica..?

Leveins Battalion

Not really much point in comparing Dhanda with players already at us as he is playing and without sounding too disrespectful players of a lower quality than we have,I'm pretty sure on the posts around the January window his xG stats for creating were the best in the league along with Armstrong.

I honestly cannot wait to see Shankland,McKay and Dhanda in the same team.

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Nonsense. 

Carry the can on poor attacking play 🤣 

Guys like Makelele, icons of the game. Could've been miles better if they could be arsed attacking! 

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Nonsense. 

Carry the can on poor attacking play 🤣 

Guys like Makelele, icons of the game. Could've been miles better if they could be arsed attacking! 

You know fine and well, he'll win the ball back, and then play it back the way 9 times out of 10. 

Its a million miles away from nonsense. Pointing fingers when he's as culpable for the ball getting stuck and failing to progress is entirely valid and fair criticism. 

6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Not really much point in comparing Dhanda with players already at us as he is playing and without sounding too disrespectful players of a lower quality than we have,I'm pretty sure on the posts around the January window his xG stats for creating were the best in the league along with Armstrong.

I honestly cannot wait to see Shankland,McKay and Dhanda in the same team.

Me too, if Shankland extends, I'll be over the moon. I know we've got him another year, but I don't want that to be marred by links to the huns.