HCA

Gundermann

Australis

Sky or whoever is broadcasting it will still be playing the songs of both sides into our living rooms.

The act is a farce, Ally and JK Rowling highlighting that.

The hate on both sides of the Glasgow derby will never end.

And the losers at the end get to go home and terrorise their wife's and children and the there are no police to help them.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Sooks

• Pete Elliott

• doctor jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Threedoorsdown
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I would also suggest environmental concerns are a bigger problem . Thing is you need to tackle the smaller stuff as well as the big stuff

If companies paid what they were supposed to in tax we could solve climate change in a few years. There would be literally hundreds of billions of pounds extra to change our infrastructure. 

We would be able to start paying the national debt and stop paying a third (can’t remember the exact % so I’ve estimated) of our tax receipts on interest payments.

The national debt is almost 100% of GDP and we are still running a deficit. What happens when the interest payments become more than the income? Which at current rates wouldn’t be too far away.

We are ****ed.

Edited by Threedoorsdown

Hagar the Horrible
5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

football - in particular the OF are far too large and too political to touch.

no political party would dare go for them- it would be electoral suicide.

this bill is aimed at scaring people away from criticsm of gender ideology.

hence why the most vocal group in this - women- have for some reason lost their protected status.

Those pesky normally passive women started giving it tight to the SNP and refusing to buckle/wheesht etc

how very dare they

Even Ally McCoist agrees with me....  quote..

Football pundit Ally McCoist has also given his support to JK Rowling, calling the legislation "madness".

Speaking on TalkSport, external radio, he said he, along with thousands of football fans, will flout the rules during this weekend's Old Firm match between Rangers and Celtic.

The ex-Rangers player said: "I can guarantee you, next Sunday at Ibrox, I, along with 48,000 will be committing a breach of that hate bill in the particular Rangers Celtic game we are all going to."

Bazzas right boot

Racists hate civilian rights laws.

Sexists hate equality laws.

Bigots will defy any law that infringes their ability to be a bigot. 

Over lapping may occur.

Their defence is always free speech. We all know the type.

Only a horrible ******* would be against any legislation that is against folk being horrible *******s.

Any normal human welcomes or at least accepts most laws and its benefits to either a particular group or society as a whole.

Politically irony isn't lost either,  was it a tory that tried to get the term tory banned quite recently or taken offence to it, and wanted the term " white privilege" classified as a terrorist act?

The only folk against this are folk that want to be  free to carry out bigoted and sectarian hate, which for me is a good reason for it to go through.

Let their gammon heads explode.

2 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

If companies paid what they were supposed to in tax we could solve climate change in a few years. There would be literally hundreds of billions of pounds extra to change our infrastructure. 

We would be able to start paying the national debt and stop paying a third (can’t remember the exact % so I’ve estimated) of our tax receipts on interest payments.

The national debt is almost 100% of GDP and we are still running a deficit. What happens when the interest payments become more than the income? Which are current rates wouldn’t be too far away.

We are ****ed.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying and would enjoy discussing it on another thread . Think we would take this too far off topic however . I do think we need to still tackle things like this though , despite it not being the more important problem we face as a species / planet 

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

football - in particular the OF are far too large and too political to touch.

no political party would dare go for them- it would be electoral suicide.

this bill is aimed at scaring people away from criticsm of gender ideology.

hence why the most vocal group in this - women- have for some reason lost their protected status.

Those pesky normally passive women started giving it tight to the SNP and refusing to buckle/wheesht etc

how very dare they

Precisely.

Howdy Doody Jambo
4 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

The national debt is almost 100% of GDP and we are still running a deficit. What happens when the interest payments become more than the income? Which at current rates wouldn’t be too far away.

We are ****ed.

What does solved climate change look like and how is it achievable? 🤔

1 minute ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

That would make a great OP for a thread in the Shed …

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Why not Bazza? Why not!

I was having a bit of banter in the pub with a guy who called me speccy once, for such a heinous, calculated and brutal display of hatred towards me, he deserves to miss his daughters wedding, his sons graduation and the first 7 years of his new baby granddaughters life!

We cannot let these monsters walk amongst us!

Tbf, are you speccy, and are you a *******?

It could be factual?

I get called a jambo ******* quite a lot.

I am a Jambo, and I am a ******* - quite a proud one.

There is help available for you in order to aid your recovery.

Call the speccy helpline on 0800 446 456.

The blind helpline are still waiting on there first call, and **** me you'll never get through to deaf one, the average call time there is a fair bit.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Scumza reaching for the race card, yet again.

Must have borrowed it off that fat shambles Diane Antisemtic

Deevers
37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Most arrests for offences in football stadiums likely now happen afterwards, given the amount of cctv that exists.  

Yeah, I get that Dave but an awful lot is missed or not acted on. We’ve seen that time after time. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Yeah, I get that Dave but an awful lot is missed or not acted on. We’ve seen that time after time. 

I agree. 

Pans Jambo

Is there EVER anything positive to say about the 2 largest football clubs in Scotland???

NEVER!

Its always negative from them. Always.

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbf, are you speccy, and are you a *******?

It could be factual?

I get called a jambo ******* quite a lot.

I am a Jambo, and I am a ******* - quite a proud one.

There is help available for you in order to aid your recovery.

Call the speccy helpline on 0800 446 456.

The blind helpline are still waiting on there first call, and **** me you'll never get through to deaf one, the average call time there is a fair bit.

See you in Saughton!

:sweeet:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I know what it is but the accepted meaning is not what is printed. Glad your here to keep me right but the day I take advice from you is the day the set me on fire.

Gammon answer, at least your owning tho.

Ignore the facts and crack on anyway.

You even know its not true but will regurgitate your meaning anyway, why?

Put the daily mail down.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

See you in Saughton!

:sweeet:

I'll bring the soap.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is there EVER anything positive to say about the 2 largest football clubs in Scotland???

NEVER!

Its always negative from them. Always.

Never discussed either.

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

How many hours did that take for him to complain, as graffiti near his home is a hate crime.  he could have put that there himself to justify all of this, Then again what colour was the wall? 

May one-six
1 minute ago, Australis said:

Sky or whoever is broadcasting it will still be playing the songs of both sides into our living rooms.

The act is a farce, Ally and JK Rowling highlighting that.

The hate on both sides of the Glasgow derby will never end.

And the losers at the end get to go home and terrorise their wife's and children and the there are no police to help them.

All they are showing is that they don't understand it.

The Act doesn't criminalise free speech in any way. It does take action to help prevent the spread of hatred against specific groups. In a world poisoned by social media in particular, that seems a good thing.

On the face of it, I believe Ally's determination to sing about his delight in being "up to the knees in Fenian blood" could see him fall foul of the law, though he's very unlikely to be arrested.

Also, I think it would be hard for the police to establish that JK Rowling was acting against the law if all she was doing was insisting that a trans woman is a man. However, if she was saying that she hated trans women because of who they are and was encouraging others to do the same then she might be on shaky ground.

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

I'll bring the soap.

This is maybe the reason why weegies are not scared of flouting these laws . They know that they do not need to worry about dropping the soap if they do get sent down 

Threedoorsdown
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I agree with a lot of what you are saying and would enjoy discussing it on another thread . Think we would take this too far off topic however . I do think we need to still tackle things like this though , despite it not being the more important problem we face as a species / planet 

I agree about taking this thread on a tangent. I know I appear to be dismissive on the topic. I’m not, there are arseholes out there that refuse to behave themselves.

My main problem is that I believe this is a smokescreen issue and a lot of the smaller issues that are important and do have their place in discourse are also used as smokescreen issues.

It’s a bunch of drunk men shouting shit at each other for 90 minutes 99.99999% of which go in to work the next day and have no issues. Meanwhile good luck getting a GP appointment as we have a shortfall of about 50,000 doctors and forecast to be short around 125,000 doctors as I’m reaching retirement age in the next 20 years or so. 

But aye, let’s concentrate on people singing naughty words at a football game 😂

Threedoorsdown
10 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Edinburgh like the Maldives 👍

doctor jambo
4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

How many hours did that take for him to complain, as graffiti near his home is a hate crime.  he could have put that there himself to justify all of this, Then again what colour was the wall? 

what happened?

TexasAndy

And people think the dinosaurs are extinct.

JamboAl1965
37 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

He's simply stating that the hate crime bill is an SNP affront to democracy, and prepared to defy it.

Leading KC's have highlighted this omnishambles, which they suggest breaches UK and EU law.

It's your duty to preserve democracy.

It’s a cross party supported bill supported by all elected reps except the tories (save 1 individual)

it’s not ok to be singing about catholics and being up to knees in their fenian blood. 

singing a group of football fans are gay isn’t the slight people think it is 

it wouldn’t be necessary if this shit don’t go on 

McCoist is thick as….. 

oh and it’s 2024

TexasAndy

So singing sectarian bile is Ok but booing GSTK is not?  Aye very good Ally.

doctor jambo
13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

to be fair, graffiti near his house is unacceptable.

that kind of thing is already covered in previous legislation and quite rightly too.

racism is a blight, as is anti islamic and anti semitic etc hate.

I hope they catch whoever did it

TexasAndy
41 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

He's simply stating that the hate crime bill is an SNP affront to democracy, and prepared to defy it.

Leading KC's have highlighted this omnishambles, which they suggest breaches UK and EU law.

It's your duty to preserve democracy.

Actually this is massively missing the point.  He's using the hate crime bill as an excuse for the usual bile that will be belted out on Sunday.  

Chuck Berry
23 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The only folk against this are folk that want to be  free to carry out bigoted and sectarian hate, which for me is a good reason for it to go through.

Bingo, and McCoist's comments are bang out of order.

2 minutes ago, Deso1972 said:

He's probably just trying to pump JK Rowling ? 

What an utterly nauseating thought , thanks for that :yucky: 

Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

it is a very bad idea to make laws that will not or cannot be enforced... 

That's correct.  However, it allows politicians to say "Look at me, I'm doing my bit."

jamboozy
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

He is not wrong though.

The game at Ibrox this Sunday will pass with no-one getting arrested under this new law. Remember officially no Celtic supporters in attendance.

After the split the return fixture at Celtic Park, when officially there are no Sevco supporters in attendance, no-one will get arrested under this new law.

Imo the law is an ass.

Well put John. I won’t be tuning into this bigot fest at the weekend, and I won’t hold my breath waiting for the numbers arrested under the hate crime bill either.

It even becomes a pain to have a walk round the streets near me as the two half’s of the divide spill into the streets from houses where they have been over imbibing and shouting at the telly, then they think the whole world wants to hear their repertoire.😖 😟

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is maybe the reason why weegies are not scared of flouting these laws . They know that they do not need to worry about dropping the soap if they do get sent down 

Every cloud has a a silver lining.

Free digs

All food made for you 

Sex on tap

Loads of gym time.

PortyBeach
2 hours ago, 1953 said:

I can't see how this new law is in anyway enforceable at a football match. It will be hate, sectairenism and abuse as normal next week. Some of our lot won't be any different the next time we play hibs or the OF. 

The issue around how enforceable the new law is reasonable grounds for debate, in my view.

McCoist has - at best - been clumsy in expressing a view on whether, or to what extent, this is enforceable.

At worst, he’s openly admitting he’ll be up to his knees giving it Fenian this, Fenian that.

Not a good look. Nevertheless, I’d say it was an accurate reflection of the normal Ibrox hate-fest experience…

The Mercer Takeover
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Over lapping may occur.

Only a horrible ******* would be against any legislation that is against folk being horrible *******s.

Any normal human welcomes or at least accepts most laws and its benefits to either a particular group or society as a whole.

Politically irony isn't lost either,  was it a tory that tried to get the term tory banned quite recently or taken offence to it, and wanted the term " white privilege" classified as a terrorist act?

You simply haven't read it have you.

There are multiple issues highlighted by leading KC's, including the SNP's Joanna Cherry. 

Hate crime is about someone's perception of an incident, whether it is a crime or not. Incidents are logged by McPlod, with your details on them and not necessarily the person/people who complained either. 

If someone doesn't like you or what you stand for, they can anonymously log a hate crime against you online, for pretty much anything. 

Numerous jobs, promotions actually vet police records before appointment, and now your name could appear even without you knowing anything about it.

It is rife for abuse by groups with a specific agenda. Trans groups, football groups, religious groups they can say whatever they like.

Don't forget, if McPlod come calling on your door, thay can confiscate your phone or other IT equipment while they investigate someone's else's thought crime. Imagine being without your phone for general day to day use, and even banking etc. Your will undoubtedly be innocent, don't forget.

According to KC's, this law is radically different to the rest of the UK and contradicts UK and EU law.

It is your duty to protect democracy, no matter how much it allows someone to offend you.

The specific shambles is here below, suggest you read it. The reasons why it is an affront to democracy are numerous and you can look up yourself.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2021/14/section/1

Screenshot_20240402_140237_X.jpg

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

It won't be enforced, have a look at how old firm fans act every time they come to Tynecastle

It will with non-Uglies.   Not that upset about that, having been lifted for looking at PC Numpty on the track at Tannadice.  Eye contact for seconds was enough.  I was standing, not shouting, singing.  Bingo!   Boy oh boy though, did it backfire on him.

colinmaroon
30 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Over lapping may occur.

This should be Shed but by and large I have seldom read such ill-informed drivel.

Oh well , I have been told off for dragging things off topic before ………. seems like this is set to become an anti SNP thing . Shame 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

It’s a cross party supported bill supported by all elected reps except the tories (save 1 individual)

it’s not ok to be singing about catholics and being up to knees in their fenian blood. 

singing a group of football fans are gay isn’t the slight people think it is 

it wouldn’t be necessary if this shit don’t go on 

McCoist is thick as….. 

oh and it’s 2024

If you look at the tory parties voting history they have been against every progressive law or act in our history. 

It's actually quite an eye-opener.

They've always appealed to a certain type of person.

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

There are multiple issues highlighted by leading KC's, including the SNP's Joanna Cherry. 

Hate crime is about someone's perception of an incident, whether it is a crime or not. Incidents are logged by McPlod, with your details on them and not necessarily the person/people who complained either. 

If someone doesn't like you or what you stand for, they can anonymously log a hate crime against you online, for pretty much anything. 

Numerous jobs, promotions actually vet police records before appointment, and now your name could appear even without you knowing anything about it.

It is rife for abuse by groups with a specific agenda. Trans groups, football groups, religious groups they can say whatever they like.

Don't forget, if McPlod come calling on your door, thay can confiscate your phone or other IT equipment while they investigate someone's else's thought crime. Imagine being without your phone for general day to day use, and even banking etc. Your will undoubtedly be innocent, don't forget.

According to KC's, this law is radically different to the rest of the UK and contradicts UK and EU law.

It is your duty to protect democracy, no matter how much it allows someone to offend you.

The specific shambles is here below, suggest you read it. The reasons why it is an affront to democracy are numerous and you can look up yourself.

Absolutely spot on.

Your kids could let slip you had said something at home to a teacher.. Logged!   A free democracy???

Stalin must be laughing his head off.

luckydug
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Is there tho?

Is it just not all horrible behaviour?

Better watch, speccy ******* is borderline discrimination if the person is registered disabled ( ie blind)!

The question is, why do folk want to hurl abuse at others?

What kind of folk do this, especially adults?

Why do folk want no law that stops folk being horrible *****?

I've always wondered how a public vote would go to reverse protections for woman and race, I bet it would be close - free speech!

Unfortunately,  arseholes needs laws to at least make them think and take some responsibility for their hate.

Ofc, the law won't be enforced 100%, no law is,  how many folk speed  in a car v how many are charged?

It's the extreme end that gets caught, and it's there to keep folk in check with the leverage to punish the extreme offenders if required. 

The purpose of this isn't to arrest everyone at a football stadium,  in the same way a 20/30 mph limit isn't designed to arrest everyone that goes over it.

It's to change mindsets, attitudes and give power to take action if required, usually on the more  extreme end.

It's a start, and no idea why folk would be against it unless they are horrible,  bigoted humans themselves that want to continue their religious,  horrible shite.

Tbh, imo That's like a peodo being against the age of consent being 16, just because it stops them doing what they want. 

I agree with this post.

Some very good points imo.

Just now, colinmaroon said:

Absolutely spot on.

Your kids could let slip you had said something at home to a teacher.. Logged!   A free democracy???

Unless that teacher was your wife , then there would be bigger domestic issues at play 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

What changed is woke culture, where stupid people are easily offended. Can you imagine chubby Brown getting a whole new act just to perform in Scotland?

The very people who invented the term ’woke culture’ are the most easily offended. Usually outraged because they can’t tell racist or sexist jokes anymore like Roy Chubby Brown used to do (and probably still does).

Des Lynam
10 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Well said. 

The Mercer Takeover
4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Absolutely spot on.

One you start down this anti-demicracy road, there is no going back.

Threedoorsdown
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If you look at the tory parties voting history they have been against every progressive law or act in our history. 

It's actually quite an eye-opener.

They've always appealed to a certain type of person.

Hasn't Ruth Davidson voted yes on similar legislation in 2023 in the lords? The Tories are bad enough without sweeping generalisations with no substance being thrown into the mix. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Is wanting Rangers to lose in a cup final against Hibs a hate crime, is there a statute of limitations on this 😜
Seriously though thanks for the info, a veritable minefield for the Police..

Sub4TiddlerMurray
21 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

It is interesting that they pushed this through without there being an amendment including misogyny.

There’s a specific Scottish bill on its way to combat misogyny. To include it in this law as well would be inappropriate