HCA

Gundermann

Hungry hippo
5 minutes ago, May98 said:

Correct.  He’s not saying at all he’s going to be bigoted or sectarian.   He’s saying if you say a naughty word at the football from now on you could be arrested. 

Totally agree. It was just a joke about Rangers and Celtic hating each other.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Sooks

• Pete Elliott

• doctor jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

I'm not arguing against any of that.

There's quite clearly a massive gulf between racism and sectarianism, and calling someone a specky b****** though 😄

We await your day in court with interest. 😄

Bull's-eye

JKB is officially offended by everything these days.

Getting the Sugar lump over a comment from a gobshite on the tranny  :rofl:

busbyfth
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yes, the old well used defence of 'others have done it as well and didn't get charged' always works. 🤓

there are plenty of sections of actual law which uses that exact same ethos eg citing Smith v Smith from xx/xx/xx. (Wouldnt work in this instance of course)

Edited by busbyfth

Shooter McGavin
Just now, davemclaren said:

We await your day in court with interest. 😄

Called my dad "Auld yin" at the weekend.

Looking at 6/7 years in Saughton

:berra:

JamboAl1965

He’s an idiot with history linked to two idiotic clubs. 

Not even bright enough to realise he just made an arse of himself. 

Polonia Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You get charged for calling someone a black ******* or shouting  racist abuse at a player or a fan , so why not a orange/ fenian ******* and bringing up the history of that.

Someone will have to explain why one is a crime that society should work together and eradicate and even on here all in agreement,  while the other is OK and we should just let slide and is a bit of banter and is free speech.

In Scotland,  bigotry and sectarianism is a bigger problem than racism,  yet there is a reluctance to do anything about it. 

In Scotland we also have the phrase "90 minute bigot" it's kinda like our hatred, bigotry and sectarianism is a bit of banter cause it's at the football 

51 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

Rangers and Celtic profit from religion, religious divisions, bigotry and hatred, get rid of them then this new bill can go with them

:spoton:

They don't want to tackle it because it'll impact their ability to profit from it.

McCoist is an arse for saying that. He should be banned from commentary until he realises he should be discouraging this instead of saying he's joining in. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

the thing is, its not about hate.

Jk doesnt hate them, she has been very clear on this issue.

the TRA brand everyone who disagrees with them as hate mongers- its a cheap smear, an attempt to discredit.

there is also no issue with trans men- nobody cares what they do, where they change etc etc as they are literally no threat to anyone apart from themselves ( an entirely separate debate)

the issue is with men, and their propensity for rape and violence, which does not appear to lessen post transition.

there are circumstances where women need protected from ALL men, that is the issue. that is JK's beef, because transwomen carry over the legacy behaviours of their sex, and those do not appear to naturalise into their new gender.

Excellent post . 

Threedoorsdown
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not in Scotland,  this religious pish is our issue.

Ageism, racism,  sexism etc aren't society wide issues,  the bigotry is.

We need to deal with it, like racism was all these years ago.

It's Scotlands shame, it shouldn't be ignored.

I don’t think it is. I think child poverty and the rampant tax avoidance we allow to happen is Scotlands shame.

Some arseholes shouting at each other of make believe books doesn’t interest me.

westbow
9 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Ooooh, that’s you off to the salt mines.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

There's quite clearly a massive gulf between racism and sectarianism, and calling someone a specky b****** though 😄

Is there tho?

Is it just not all horrible behaviour?

Better watch, speccy ******* is borderline discrimination if the person is registered disabled ( ie blind)!

The question is, why do folk want to hurl abuse at others?

What kind of folk do this, especially adults?

Why do folk want no law that stops folk being horrible *****?

I've always wondered how a public vote would go to reverse protections for woman and race, I bet it would be close - free speech!

Unfortunately,  arseholes needs laws to at least make them think and take some responsibility for their hate.

Ofc, the law won't be enforced 100%, no law is,  how many folk speed  in a car v how many are charged?

It's the extreme end that gets caught, and it's there to keep folk in check with the leverage to punish the extreme offenders if required. 

The purpose of this isn't to arrest everyone at a football stadium,  in the same way a 20/30 mph limit isn't designed to arrest everyone that goes over it.

It's to change mindsets, attitudes and give power to take action if required, usually on the more  extreme end.

It's a start, and no idea why folk would be against it unless they are horrible,  bigoted humans themselves that want to continue their religious,  horrible shite.

Tbh, imo That's like a peodo being against the age of consent being 16, just because it stops them doing what they want. 

1 minute ago, Threedoorsdown said:

I don’t think it is. I think child poverty and the rampant tax avoidance we allow to happen is Scotlands shame.

Some arseholes shouting at each other of make believe books doesn’t interest me.

Both of those are a cause for UK wide shame . Sectarianism between RC and Protestants is a very Scottish and Northern Irish problem by contrast 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Absolutely not. That's abhorrent and would be much better and acceptable as a solo venture rather than done as part of a gang.

So you don't think folk should be free to say as they want, there should be laws.

It's just were the line is drawn is the debate.

wavydavy
2 hours ago, jamboozy said:

He’s basically saying the Huns can do whatever they want and no one will do a thing about it.🤷‍♂️

Totally hate what those two clubs represent.

Well they do and always will because even after this Bill is active it will be used selectively to silence those that are targets for the Government and The Police and that won't be Rangers or Celtic.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

In Scotland we also have the phrase "90 minute bigot" it's kinda like our hatred, bigotry and sectarianism is a bit of banter cause it's at the football 

Well, there used to be 90 minute racists as well, we got on top of that.

15 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Aye, it is a bit pathetic.

People, desperate to be offended, then display bigoted attitudes.

Think we need the big, Hibby polis fae Scot Squad to sort this out ! 😂

Edited by Boab

luckydug
18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Lots is a massive exaggeration.  A small handful of places might be more accurate and usually with safeguards.

Massive exaggeration is a massive exaggeration. 

Public swimming pools have shared facilities and there is lots of them.

You are overreacting as usual.

Corstorphine Jambo

McCoist’s comments seem a little reckless to me - perhaps a “joke” went too far”? I think he will be referring to the part of the Act around religion!

We probably won’t understand what the bill really means until, or perhaps if, it gets to the court.

There is a ‘protection of freedom of expression’ built into the Act. How that is interpreted in real life I have no idea.

All very sad tbh

17 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Not sure I agree.

2 things are genetic and uncontrollable, one is just someone's beliefs. I think it's poor form to treat someone differently based on things they haven't chosen (sure, they could get contacts maybe).

Mikey1874

Just trying to make them relevant.

Working when other clubs fan forums cover them so much. 

Polonia Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Well, there used to be 90 minute racists as well, we got on top of that.

Aye we did, fair comment. We need to remove the old firm from Scottish football then.

Thunder and Lightning

Oh look, captain offended is all over this. 😂 

Ironic with the abuse he posts to other Hearts fans on a daily basis. 

Deevers

Poor Ally. He seems to think that nothing, absolutely nothing should apply to his beloved The Rangers when it comes to spouting bigotry and bile. Personally speaking I’m not a fan of the latest piece of legislation, but let’s face it “Breach if the Peace” fitted the bill perfectly when it comes to the behaviour of the Rangers support and the Terrorist lovers on the other side of Glasgow. The problem that there has been for years now is the complete inability of the police to take firm action inside grounds and arrest people commiting breach of the peace. In the 1960s  and 70s it was not unusual for there to be fifty or sixty arrests when the Old Firm came calling almost all for Breach of the Peace.  Seems to be that despite poor Ally’s tears they get off lightly for this sort of behaviour these days. Changed times.

Threedoorsdown
16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Both of those are a cause for UK wide shame . Sectarianism between RC and Protestants is a very Scottish and Northern Irish problem by contrast 

We don’t need laws to solve this issue. Just start docking the old firm and us points and the problem goes away.

It is a problem but in my opinion we have far far greater issues.

Daveandal

He had a wee hissy fit at the booing of God Save the King at the England game recently.

As the OP stated, don't want to get into a debate but he is very inconsistent with what he thinks is ok and not ok.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Poor Ally. He seems to think that nothing, absolutely nothing should apply to his beloved The Rangers when it comes to spouting bigotry and bile. Personally speaking I’m not a fan of the latest piece of legislation, but let’s face it “Breach if the Peace” fitted the bill perfectly when it comes to the behaviour of the Rangers support and the Terrorist lovers on the other side of Glasgow. The problem that there has been for years now is the complete inability of the police to take firm action inside grounds and arrest people commiting breach of the peace. In the 1960s  and 70s it was not unusual for there to be fifty or sixty arrests when the Old Firm came calling almost all for Breach of the Peace.  Seems to be that despite poor Ally’s tears they get off lightly for this sort of behaviour these days. Changed times.

Most arrests for offences in football stadiums likely now happen afterwards, given the amount of cctv that exists.  

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just trying to make them relevant.

Working when other clubs fan forums cover them so much. 

Fair point.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Daveandal said:

He had a wee hissy fit at the booing of God Save the King at the England game recently.

As the OP stated, don't want to get into a debate but he is very inconsistent with what he thinks is ok and not ok.

Everyone is. 

Shooter McGavin
20 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Is there tho?

Is it just not all horrible behaviour?

Better watch, speccy ******* is borderline discrimination if the person is registered disabled ( ie blind)!

The question is, why do folk want to hurl abuse at others?

What kind of folk do this, especially adults?

Why do folk want no law that stops folk being horrible *****?

I've always wondered how a public vote would go to reverse protections for woman and race, I bet it would be close - free speech!

Unfortunately,  arseholes needs laws to at least make them think and take some responsibility for their hate.

Ofc, the law won't be enforced 100%, no law is,  how many folk speed  in a car v how many are charged?

It's the extreme end that gets caught, and it's there to keep folk in check with the leverage to punish the extreme offenders if required. 

The purpose of this isn't to arrest everyone at a football stadium,  in the same way a 20/30 mph limit isn't designed to arrest everyone that goes over it.

It's to change mindsets, attitudes and give power to take action if required, usually on the more  extreme end.

It's a start, and no idea why folk would be against it unless they are horrible,  bigoted humans themselves that want to continue their religious,  horrible shite.

Tbh, imo That's like a peodo being against the age of consent being 16, just because it stops them doing what they want. 

Yes 😄

Forgive me, I just don't think someone calling someone else a specky/fat/old b****** merits potentially looking at 7 years in jail.

It was only a few months ago that a footballer was 3 times over the drink drive limit, hit someone, dragged his body along the road, and then left him to die.

He got a 6 year sentence.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

Aye we did, fair comment. We need to remove the old firm from Scottish football then.

Yip, remove the tumour and the cancer stops spreading.

doctor jambo
16 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Massive exaggeration is a massive exaggeration. 

Public swimming pools have shared facilities and there is lots of them.

You are overreacting as usual.

I have no issue with shared facilities.

they are geared towards this.

when there is a need for women only spaces ( and there is a need for them sometimes) then that should be respected too.

when WOMEN raise concerns, as they are doing, we should listen.

when men  dismiss womens concerns about their own safety, bad things happen.

#metoo was not that long ago and we SHOULD have learned not to leave women exposed and vulnerable to the small number of predatory men. their concerns were ignored for too long.

You do not remove safeguards and merely keep your fingers crossed

7 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

We don’t need laws to solve this issue. Just start docking the old firm and us points and the problem goes away.

It is a problem but in my opinion we have far far greater issues.

I agree about bigger problems . I would prefer it never got to this stage myself . **** all has been done about it for decades though 

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

Forget sectarianism for a second...... If its the Edinburgh derby, would I get lifted for singing "all the hibees are gay"? Would my pal next to me get lifted for calling an Aberdeen fan a sheepsh*****  

I don't think that sheep are a protected minority, so you'd be OK on that one. Perhaps not the Hibees one. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If it's about free speech, then why can't we all be racist,  sexist and homphobic, why are theses types red lines always at bigotry and sectarianism and that's when it's about free speech. 

Is it  because it suits them and their clubs, it also suits Doncaster etc as they need the bigotry and hate to promote the fixture and it's what these clubs market themselves on?

I ****ing hate them.

Very, very indirectly. Neither club boasts proudly of its awful heritage but they turn the blind eye (or the rubber ear) to what we all see and hear going on within their supports, thereby encouraging it. 

Nobody is helped by the fact that nobody in the media nor in the footballing authorities calls them out on it. So sectarianism becomes a thing that the clubs are associated with and, if your knuckles are near the ground, it is also a thing that attracts them. 

In short, it's more insidious than actual marketing. 

33 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

'Zatchoo JK?

30 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Called my dad "Auld yin" at the weekend.

Looking at 6/7 years in Saughton

:berra:

I'm not a qualified lawyer but I'm certain I could get that down to 4 years. PM me when needed. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Yes 😄

Forgive me, I just don't think someone calling someone else a specky/fat/old b****** merits potentially looking at 7 years in jail.

It was only a few months ago that a footballer was 3 times over the drink drive limit, hit someone, dragged his body along the road, and then left him to die.

He got a 6 year sentence.

That's two different crimes, murder  v abuse.

I'll  bet no one gets 7 years in jail for calling a person a speccy *******.

I remember he stood on Levein's knee deliberately at Ibrox.

Shooter McGavin
2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'm not a qualified lawyer but I'm certain I could get that down to 4 years. PM me when needed. 

I’ll be out just in time to see us win our 5th Scottish Cup in a row

:yas:

The Mercer Takeover

He's simply stating that the hate crime bill is an SNP affront to democracy, and prepared to defy it.

Leading KC's have highlighted this omnishambles, which they suggest breaches UK and EU law.

It's your duty to preserve democracy.

Just now, Carter said:

I remember he stood on Levein's knee deliberately at Ibrox.

Yeah he was a bit of a ***** on the pitch as I remember it too . Not having his cheeky weegie scamp mask either 

Hagar the Horrible

I just cant wait until the Old Firm game.   You have 2 sides who will sing songs of hate, but as the game is at Ibrox, its their turn to sing uninterrupted as there is no away fans, so Celtic fans will swamp the call centres complaining about everything and every song as a hate crime (which it is), but its going to be interesting to see how 48k Ra People will be arrested.  Then next Month Celtic will go into double Victim Mode and Victimidate the SFA and police into Rangers fans complaining about them signing songs on hate (the irony as it is)  But they will complain that their songs are cultural about celebrating a terrorist group blowing up civilians. And somehow an anti Palestinian agenda?

Plus both will sing these songs with more gusto to goad the government into trying and failing to do heehaw,  because one defence for the first individual is, you do heehaw at public events, but can prosecute for someone's thoughts in their own home? 

Its another SNP waste of money trying to criminalise White Middle Class males while failing to protect vulnerable women.  And as a White male in one of those whom were categorised as being too white in the Civil Service, whereas I am good at my job and there on merit and ability.  But Humza v JKR,   its first Set to JKR. 

Edited by Hagar the Horrible
spelling

RustyRightPeg

Mr McCoist, this isn't the flex you think it is. 

Will anything be done about it? No.

Shooter McGavin
12 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That's two different crimes, murder  v abuse.

I'll  bet no one gets 7 years in jail for calling a person a speccy *******.

Why not Bazza? Why not!

I was having a bit of banter in the pub with a guy who called me speccy once, for such a heinous, calculated and brutal display of hatred towards me, he deserves to miss his daughters wedding, his sons graduation and the first 7 years of his new baby granddaughters life!

We cannot let these monsters walk amongst us!

The Real Maroonblood
55 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Never like him. His cheeky crappy image is irritating as hell. 

This.

doctor jambo
6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I just cant wait until the Old Firm game.   You have 2 sides who will sing songs of hate, but as the game is at Ibrox, its their turn to sing uninterrupted as there is no away fans, so Celtic fans will swamp the call centres complaining about everything and every song as a hate crime (which it is), but its going to be interesting to see how 48k Ra People will be arrested.  Then next Month Celtic will go into double Victim Mode and Victimidate the SFA and police into Rangers fans complaining about them signing songs on hate (the irony as it is)  But they will complain that their songs are cultural about celebrating a terrorist group blowing up civilians. And somehow an anti Palestinian agenda?

Plus both will sing these songs with more gusto to goad the government into trying and failing to do heehaw,  because one defence for the first individual is, you do heehaw at public events, but can prosecute for someone's thoughts in their own home? 

Its another SNP waste of money trying to criminalise White Middle Class males while failing to protect vulnerable women.  And as a White male in one of those whom were categorised as being too white in the Civil Service, whereas I am good at my job and there on merit and ability.  But Humza v JKR,   its first Set to JKR. 

football - in particular the OF are far too large and too political to touch.

no political party would dare go for them- it would be electoral suicide.

this bill is aimed at scaring people away from criticsm of gender ideology.

hence why the most vocal group in this - women- have for some reason lost their protected status.

Those pesky normally passive women started giving it tight to the SNP and refusing to buckle/wheesht etc

how very dare they

Threedoorsdown
19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I agree about bigger problems . I would prefer it never got to this stage myself . **** all has been done about it for decades though 

The fact nothing practical has been done is just another symptom of how poorly we have been governed for decades.

This is a very niche and small issue. It doesn’t affect the vast majority of peoples day to day lives. 

Corporate tax avoidance and industrial levels of corruption amongst world governments is the main issue facing everyone in stable westernised democracies. Anything else they shine a spotlight on is just diversionary tactics. It’s so ****ing obvious.

Edited by Threedoorsdown

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I know what it is but the accepted meaning is not what is printed. Glad your here to keep me right but the day I take advice from you is the day the set me on fire.

The accepted meaning is what is in print, if you or others want to portray it as something else then you are wrong. 

boag1874
1 hour ago, May98 said:

Correct.  He’s not saying at all he’s going to be bigoted or sectarian.   He’s saying if you say a naughty word at the football from now on you could be arrested. 

Direct quote -:  "I can guarantee you, next Sunday at Ibrox, I, along with 48,000 will be committing a breach of that hate bill." 

Which part of the hate bill does he mean he’ll be in breach of do you reckon?

Do you not think it’s reckless for a top media personality to be making statements like this when we should actively be trying to discourage the Sectarian attitude that has plagued Scottish football for generations?

Just now, Threedoorsdown said:

The fact nothing practical has been done is just another symptom of how poorly we have been governed for decades.

This is a non issue. It doesn’t affect the vast majority of peoples day to day lives. 

Corporate tax avoidance and industrial levels of corruption amongst world governments is the main issue facing everyone in stable westernised democracies. Anything else they shine a spotlight on is just diversionary tactics. It’s so ****ing obvious.

I would also suggest environmental concerns are a bigger problem . Thing is you need to tackle the smaller stuff as well as the big stuff