Scotland Euro Friendlies

Mikey1874

periodictabledancer
13 minutes ago, Arfur said:

What’s Lewis Ferguson got to do to get a game?

Come on Shanks!

Let's wait and see what the formation/tactics are.  Clarke has made it clear we can expect to see something  different tonight and Shanks is the man it will resolve around.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Mikey1874

• Hearts007

• tian447

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tiger Rudi

Listen to Snodgrass having a go about Gordon's inclusion!!! Fekn knob of the highest order 😡

Leave him out for Kelly?? He's having a fekn laugh 

Edited by tiger Rudi
Added detail

Just now, tiger Rudi said:

Listen to Snodgrass having a go about Gordon's inclusion!!! Fekn knob of the highest order 😡

Rumour was Gordon told the board that Snodgrass was a complete weapon when at Hearts 

periodictabledancer
Just now, tiger Rudi said:

Only in Scotland would there be a debate about not taking our best keeper. If Gordon was at Celtic or The Rangers you'd never hear this nonsense. 

tiger Rudi
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Rumour was Gordon told the board that Snodgrass was a complete weapon when at Hearts 

Really hope Craig gets some minutes in the friendlies 

PortyJambo

This is in Amsterdam....right? They seem to be playing Scotland's songbook on the PA :lol:

Sleepy head
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How right he was. Loves himself that boy.

Mikey1874
25 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

An away game against Netherlands up against the best Centre Back in the world isn’t exactly a chance to shine.   I’d rather see him get full 90 v N Ireland.  I just don’t think Clarke will give him many chances to stake his claim.  The other argument of course is that this is the kind of opposition he can come up against in Germany (although I’d argue Hungary and Switzerland aren’t as good and possibly Germany at the moment too).  

Great to see him start but hopefully not at the expense of him getting chances in the other friendlies. 

I think Shankland is already in the Euro squad as a late super sub. Clarke isn't wasting 1 of only 4 remaining preparation games to prove someone isn't good enough. And I don't think the centre forward is the key part of Clarke's gameplan anyway. The key players are the midfield and attacking full backs. 

Philfigo

What a test for Shankland up against probably the best defender in the world. Go and smash it lad!

gnasher75

If we are going to be consistent about keepers who have been injured not coming straight back in, how is Gunn in ahead of Clark?!

CostaJambo

Nice to be playing some friendlies with a bit of relevance for a change, looking forward to the two games.

Hearts007
Just now, gnasher75 said:

If we are going to be consistent about keepers who have been injured not coming straight back in, how is Gunn in ahead of Clark?!

Hope Gunn doesn't back fire

gnasher75

Brilliant opportunity for Shankland. A tough game but Clarke knows what he's doing giving him this game to see what he can do. Delighted he is playing in what is the strongest team available not with a bunch of other second string players all trying to make an impression.

ducatiboy
22 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Leave him out for Kelly?? He's having a fekn laugh 

Absolute bitterness pouring out of him, so thick he can’t disguise it!

gnasher75

Looking forward to seeing Gordon on at half time. When was the last time Hearts had two captains playing for Scotland?!

Mikey1874
Just now, ducatiboy said:

Absolute bitterness pouring out of him, so thick he can’t disguise it!

It's poor. Because a lot of people in the game will know what happened. He had the chance to be the bigger man and blew it. 

gnasher75
3 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Won't be too disappointed if he makes a couple of howlers!

Ski Nae
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20240322_193558.jpg

I've heard of a few of them. 

frankblack

I thought BBC were supposed to show these friendlies.  I guess that's not the case.

I refuse to subscribe to Viaplay.  Its shite.

merrymac
4 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Might shoot himself in the foot 😳

Hearts007
Just now, merrymac said:

Might shoot himself in the foot 😳

🙂

Mikey1874
Just now, frankblack said:

I thought BBC were supposed to show these friendlies.  I guess that's not the case.

I refuse to subscribe to Viaplay.  Its shite.

BBC doing the two home games, N.Ireland Tuesday then Finland in June.

BigAlim

The shirt actually looks better than the promotional pictures, not keen on the shorts still

merrymac
4 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Brilliant opportunity for Shankland. A tough game but Clarke knows what he's doing giving him this game to see what he can do. Delighted he is playing in what is the strongest team available not with a bunch of other second string players all trying to make an impression.

But of a double edged sword with Shanks

If he goes well it probably increases the likely hood of him going but probably also increases the price we will get for him 

Mikey1874

Shankland started well. Getting involved. 

New unusual position as centre forward.

tiger Rudi

Great start from Shankland, good touch and link up play. Doing very well! 

Mikey1874

Not sure we can see a new style yet. Perhaps keeping possession more, more careful build up.