Saint George is cross……oh me

Angel eyes

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, micole said:

Well it put me off my porridge this morning. Don't know how I will manage to get to the end of the day🤦‍♂️

Thoughts with you at this difficult time 😢

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• colinmaroon

• BigAlim

• boag1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back to 2005
4 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

They did, but currently the toy-chuckers are screaming so loud it's hard to hear.

Sounds like something they have made up in light of the 8% collapse of the Nike share price. 

Bull's-eye

Decent bit of free marketing by Nike/English FA. Probably the only way they're punting a kit that costs £125 or whatever it is.

You need zipping up the back if you think the English FA didn't sign off on this and allowed Nike to just knock up a kit.

Edited by Bull's-eye

Watt-Zeefuik
57 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Sounds like something they have made up in light of the 8% collapse of the Nike share price. 

Are we seriously suggesting that the share decline for Nike is caused by the ****ing Three Lions kit?!?

indianajones

Its quite a stinking design though. Whatever though. 

Sooperstar

The Nicky Campbell phone in on BBC Radio was pure gold this morning. Absolute chaos with people shouting over each other, one woman saying that this flag thing had brought us one step away from overthrowing the royal family and that the King should have been asked for permission and then right at the end a sane woman came on and just started openly laughing at everyone else that was on at the same time as her. Well worth a catch up over the weekend. 

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, Sleepy head said:

As am I buddy.No need for this.I don't give a **** who people want to sleep with (as long as theyr'e aged) I just wish others wouldn't care too. Stop getting in our faces about it and leave things alone.

I just wonder how the many who are laughing it off would react if the Hearts badge had the same.

I am not a part of that group, I wish they showed the same tolerance to me as I afford them.

PS......Many from that community wish they would give it a break too.

The colourful cross has nothing to do with 'that community'. 

ShedBoy
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Decent bit of free marketing by Nike/English FA. Probably the only way they're punting a kit that costs £125 or whatever it is.

You need zipping up the back if you think the English FA didn't sign off on this and allowed Nike to just knock up a kit.

Agree. It’s fantastic marketing.

Unless everyone boycotts it.

And nobody buys it.

It looks like the Angel of the North to me.

I couldn’t give a monkeys if it sinks or swims tbf 👍🏻

PortyBeach
3 hours ago, Alex MacDonald said:

For decades they assumed the Union Jack was the English flag, thousands still do. Look at the footage of Wembley in 1966, how many St George’s Crosses are there? The vast majority are Union Jacks. For the Admiral England kits of the late 70’s and early 80’s, they’re white, blue and red, to tie in with the colours of the UJ.

Well said! What’s also remarkable - although sadly not surprising - is just how much airtime this nonsense was given by the, er, British media.

We all know that if there was a similar issue with the kit of any of the other U.K. nations, it would barely get a mention.

Sleepy head
19 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The colourful cross has nothing to do with 'that community'. 

It infers it. If you don't think it is, then you haven't been paying attention. It is subliminal imo.

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, been here before said:

This 'gammon' patter is really just as shite as the 'woke' patter, but used a little more by folk who consider themselves just that little bit edgy.

:spoton:

fabienleclerq

I think it's pretty disrespectful tbh. It's not Nikes flag to piss about with. 

2 hours ago, Cameronstheman said:

GJSujDrXoAAAb7v?format=jpg&name=medium

That’s good. 

Sooperstar
8 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

It infers it. If you don't think it is, then you haven't been paying attention. It is subliminal imo.

It doesn't infer it. It happens to have a couple of colours that are also in a rainbow. 

periodictabledancer

Aren't flag debates banned on Kickback ? 😆

I'm currently in my local boozer and no one gives a feck about it. Most of the old uns didn't even know what it looks like. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Aren't flag debates banned on Kickback ? 😆

I'm currently in my local boozer and no one gives a feck about it. Most of the old uns didn't even know what it looks like. 

Good point 😆

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I am with the English on this.

Also the hypocrisy of those mocking  the English for not knowing their own flag is rich given the the fans of Scotland's two biggest clubs  seem to have a similar problem.

😀😀 you are just a parody of a troll, not very good at it

54 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

The only ones thinking it is are the ones who hate anything to do with lgbtq+. The rest of us can just laugh at the brain dead gammons

Gundermann

Joey Barton, Farage, Sunak and Starmer are all frothing about it.

Sounds like Nike have done something right, whatever it was.

Francis Albert
27 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Since I am not sure what a troll is I  am not sure how good I am. But I tmk it maybe it is   just someone who disagrees  with you and you can't be bothered or unable to say why.

Francis Albert
30 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The only ones thinking it is are the ones who hate anything to do with lgbtq+. The rest of us can just laugh at the brain dead gammons

WTF has it got to do with lgbtqi+?

BigAlim
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

WTF has it got to do with lgbtqi+?

The uproar is mainly surrounding the idea that the flag resembles a bisexual flag

4 hours ago, Sleepy head said:

As am I buddy.No need for this.I don't give a **** who people want to sleep with (as long as theyr'e aged) I just wish others wouldn't care too. Stop getting in our faces about it and leave things alone.

I just wonder how the many who are laughing it off would react if the Hearts badge had the same.

I am not a part of that group, I wish they showed the same tolerance to me as I afford them.

PS......Many from that community wish they would give it a break too.

I must have missed the "kill all straight people" marches from the LBGT+ community. 

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

It doesn't infer it. It happens to have a couple of colours that are also in a rainbow. 

Please don't tell, presumably white Sleepy head, that ALL the colours of the rainbow make up white light! He's rocking the most flamboyant colour that exists. :P 

Mikey1874

Shame if this derails England's simple win of the Euros being predicted. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I must have missed the "kill all straight people" marches from the LBGT+ community. 

Please don't tell, presumably white Sleepy head, that ALL the colours of the rainbow make up white light! He's rocking the most flamboyant colour that exists. :P 

Well said.
The Hearts badge has had all sorts of different colours these last few years, loved them all.

Lets hope we have a LGBTQi third strip, to follow our extremely popular pink one, next season just for the craich 😱🤣🤪

hughesie27
5 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Imagine eh.

33_scotland_2007_away_kit.jpg

Am I right in thinking that when it was initially released it was missing one of the 'arms' to complete the saltire, as the 3 creating a Y shape is similar to the Diadora logo? It was only after when Scotland flags asked for it to be a fully completed Saltire that we got this.

Could be wrong but that was my memory of it. 

Pans Jambo
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

What did he say that was so wrong?

One half of the ‘disgrace of Scotland’ sings the English national anthem regularly and turns up en-masse with Union Jack flags to games, and the other sings Irish songs and takes Irish flags to games.
One iaide s desperate to be English and the other is desperate to be Irish. 

Then they both support the Scottish national team 🤷‍♂️

When in England, whats wrong with the cross of St.George? Its the flag of England. Its good to see when you are down there. Proper. Same as here in Scotland. We should see more of the flag of St.Andrew. The flag of Scotland and arguably, the oldest flag of any county in the world. 

imagine if the put a bit of Green on the Scotland flag on the back of the new Scotland top. There would be quite a hooha to say the least!

I support the English supporters in their disgust at their shirt flag being shat on.

BigAlim
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

One half of the ‘disgrace of Scotland’ sings the English national anthem regularly and turns up en-masse with Union Jack flags to games, and the other sings Irish songs and takes Irish flags to games.

When in England, whats wrong with the cross of St.George? Its the flag of England. Its good to see when you are down there. Proper. Same as here in Scotland. We should see more of the flag of St.Andrew. The flag of Scotland and arguably, the oldest flag of any county in the world. 

imagine if the put a bit of Green on the Scotland flag on the back of the new Scotland top. There would be quite a hooha to say the least!

I support the English supporters in their disgust at their shirt flag being shat on.

I think that trying to find hypocrisy in hearts fans laughing at old firm fans vs hearts fans laughing at England fans is a bit of a dead end argument tbh.

Nike decided to play funny buggers with the design, is that really important?

gregzy2k7
5 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Imagine eh.

33_scotland_2007_away_kit.jpg

I really liked that Scotland strip, was just something different to the usual boring white away tops that Scotland usually produce, also reminds me of faddy scoring that goal against France in Paris.

Pans Jambo
21 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I think that trying to find hypocrisy in hearts fans laughing at old firm fans vs hearts fans laughing at England fans is a bit of a dead end argument tbh.

Nike decided to play funny buggers with the design, is that really important?

Important? Not to me personally, but my point stands. England fans are rightly pissed off. We would be the same if they fecked about with the Scotland flag on our strips (caveat being if it had green or hues of red & blue then certain elements would love it).

Edited by Pans Jambo

Thomaso
7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I like it. Its better live when you see the strip.

Win win for Nike. You can't buy publicity like that. 

Won’t be a win win for them if England fans boycott buying it!

Edited by Thomaso

BigAlim
15 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Important? Not to me personally, but my point stands. England fans are rightly pissed off. We would be the same if they fecked about with the Scotland flag on our strips (caveat being if it had green or hues of red & blue then certain elements would love it).

Good point well made.

i think that making fun of ourselves is a bit of a Scottish tradition at this point so don’t agree that there would be an uproar if the shoe was on our foot.

If someone wanted to support one single element of the LGBTQ+ collective without making any reference to it whatsoever then I guess they have achieved their ultimate goal thus making our current society… something?

glynnlondon

At least they don't have to wear the likes of  this monstrosity

2zjz70b2v6391.thumb.jpg.408ec4fbf49dd4a8e30265ffcd584382.jpg

hereford_hearts

Just wait. In a couple of months, Nike will release a limited edition top with a red and white flag on the collar to appease the haters. Appropriately priced at £200!

colinmaroon
11 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I am with the English on this.

Also the hypocrisy of those mocking  the English for not knowing their own flag is rich given the the fans of Scotland's two biggest clubs  seem to have a similar problem.

It's a piss take.  Wee laugh to myself but at the same time I understand the depth of feeling when you currently get arrested for waving a Union Jack or St George's Cross, while the flag of a bunch of protesters proliferates everywhere.

PortyBeach
7 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Joey Barton, Farage, Sunak and Starmer are all frothing about it.

Sounds like Nike have done something right, whatever it was.

It’s a pathetic sight watching Starmer vying to be seen as a good Little Englander alongside eejit opportunists like Farage, et al…

Appealing to the English nationalists seems to be the requirement.

Hmm.... 

Screenshot_20240323_081807_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Craig_
Linky no worky

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, hereford_hearts said:

Just wait. In a couple of months, Nike will release a limited edition top with a red and white flag on the collar to appease the haters. Appropriately priced at £200!

You're probably not far wrong. 

It will be marketed as the "official euro match shirt" 

7 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Cant speak for Rangers but I know two Celtic supporters from Glasgow with Irish nationality grandparents who do not support Scotland

There is green on the thistles in our Royal coat of arms

Shat on not a bit extreme naw 

I read somewhere that it is actually a nod to their 66 training gear 

Bull's-eye
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Much ado about nothing imo. 🤷

No such thing on JKB, the font of all balanced debate & expert opinion.

😀

PortyJambo
2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

It's a piss take.  Wee laugh to myself but at the same time I understand the depth of feeling when you currently get arrested for waving a Union Jack or St George's Cross, while the flag of a bunch of protesters proliferates everywhere.

Do you, aye? :rofl:

Who got arrested for waving a union flag ? Must have missed that one ……….. was it wrapped around a sword at the time or something 

7 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Wow, you actually card about a stupid wee cross on the back of the England shirt?? We have changed the colour of the Scotland flag on our shirts before; can't remember the PM,nor anyone else in a rage about it. Let's be honest; the knuckle daggers are up in arms because they thought it was something to do with gay rights.

• davemclaren locked this topic