Saint George is cross……oh me

Angel eyes

Costanza
23 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Do you, aye? :rofl:

These days, if you say you're English you get arrested and thrown in jail.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• colinmaroon

• BigAlim

• boag1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

These days, if you say you're English you get arrested and thrown in jail.

My English family are constantly pulled over at the border and made to throw any English apparel in to a burning barrel . Happens every time they drive up to visit 

boag1874

My take is it looks ****ing stupid by why the major political parties feel the need to comment is a mystery, it’s a football shirt, how about focusing on actually fixing our broken mess of a country 

boag1874
2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

It's a piss take.  Wee laugh to myself but at the same time I understand the depth of feeling when you currently get arrested for waving a Union Jack or St George's Cross, while the flag of a bunch of protesters proliferates everywhere.

WHIT :rofl:

Show an example of someone being arrested for waving a national flag?

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Is the flag no just the colour spectrum between the red of the normal flag and the blue of the three lions badge? I don't think theres much more to it than that. Looks shite though.

Costanza
13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My English family are constantly pulled over at the border and made to throw any English apparel in to a burning barrel . Happens every time they drive up to visit 

:laugh2:

Reminds me of McGlashan from Absolutely 

Tommy Brown
8 hours ago, BigAlim said:

I think that trying to find hypocrisy in hearts fans laughing at old firm fans vs hearts fans laughing at England fans is a bit of a dead end argument tbh.

Nike decided to play funny buggers with the design, is that really important?

This is the bit where I am lost.

The national flag on the back of the collar has been on strips for a while now.

Why have Nike decided to put some stupid looking meaningless logo in it's place?

11 minutes ago, Costanza said:

:laugh2:

Reminds me of McGlashan from Absolutely 

Should have seen the mess they made of the back of the car when they took a wallpaper scraper to the UJ sticker

What a fuss 😂 

and as for the lgbt haters getting in on the act when it’s actually nowt to do with that, really does show them up for the angry faced thickos that they are (sadly a bunch that can be found in all countries)

wish people would actually read the details about stuff before having meltdowns! Nike said it’s a nod to the 1966 training gear colours . Only argument against it surely could be that this ‘nod’ means it no longer really looks like the St George’s cross! 😆

It’s tiny and on the back of the neck of the top. presumably the English FA signed it off and they didn’t except the fuss, which does make it slightly amusing 😁

Agree with others it’s the price that should be the real story here 

the posh bit
13 hours ago, been here before said:

Qwality, gammon

You need to see your Therapist. 

Bazzas right boot

The world is on tbe brink of ww3 and a climate catastrophe and this lands on the pm's desk an gets folk and the media worked up.

The human race needs reset. We've had our chance and ****ed it up, zebras or cats deserve their chance now.

Ex member of the SaS

What I don't get is the shirt is the same as all the previous shirts so why waste £110 bucks, just wear last years.

Bungalow Bill
58 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

This is the bit where I am lost.

The national flag on the back of the collar has been on strips for a while now.

Why have Nike decided to put some stupid looking meaningless logo in it's place?

I don’t think Nike will have just taken it upon themselves. They’ll have been given a brief to meet. It might have been high level like “include something for diversity/inclusivity”. They’ve decided to do it with the flag on the collar. Then half of England wet themselves. 

Section Q
16 hours ago, Alex MacDonald said:

For decades they assumed the Union Jack was the English flag, thousands still do. Look at the footage of Wembley in 1966, how many St George’s Crosses are there? The vast majority are Union Jacks. For the Admiral England kits of the late 70’s and early 80’s, they’re white, blue and red, to tie in with the colours of the UJ.

This is true.

St George has no real connection with England and probably never even heard of the place.

glynnlondon
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Quite right too and of course any Scot crossing the border is compelled to don a see you Jimmy hat for the duration of their visit.

Including the weans , no exceptions.

4 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Quite right too and of course any Scot crossing the border is compelled to don a see you Jimmy hat for the duration of their visit.

Including the weans , no exceptions.

I dress my two up as a haggis and an oatcake 

Oda be a JT

For me majority are missing the actual disgrace in all this, certainly not a flag/colours…the ridiculous price.

Worthing Jambo
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

You laugh, but my late father in law was thrown in a cell for wearing an England polo shirt when we did the Edinburgh Dungeon.

11 minutes ago, Worthing Jambo said:

You laugh, but my late father in law was thrown in a cell for wearing an England polo shirt when we did the Edinburgh Dungeon.

:lol: 

I was once told that I could be legally killed with a bow and arrow while I was taking a tour down the river Ouse 

been here before
1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

You need to see your Therapist. 

Do your woke/gammon routine again, that patter is magic.

It has suddenly got a bit dull on this thread . Some sort of malignant dullard presence starting to settle in 

AuldReekiee
5 hours ago, glynnlondon said:

At least they don't have to wear the likes of  this monstrosity

2zjz70b2v6391.thumb.jpg.408ec4fbf49dd4a8e30265ffcd584382.jpg

That's a beauty! The old badge looked great as well. The 90s and early 00s were a golden age for kits. Give me that over a skin tight, tiny sleeved bland traning top style kit any day. 

Gundermann
4 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

It's a piss take.  Wee laugh to myself but at the same time I understand the depth of feeling when you currently get arrested for waving a Union Jack or St George's Cross, while the flag of a bunch of protesters proliferates everywhere.

Examples please?

And being arrested while flying one of your flags there while also throwing nazi salutes, intimidating Muslims or beating up gay people doesn't count. 

BigAlim
5 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I’m sorry Colin but that is the most ridiculous statement I’ve seen on here since the last time I posted :lol:

Edited by BigAlim

16 hours ago, Sleepy head said:

As am I buddy.No need for this.I don't give a **** who people want to sleep with (as long as theyr'e aged) I just wish others wouldn't care too. Stop getting in our faces about it and leave things alone.

I just wonder how the many who are laughing it off would react if the Hearts badge had the same.

I am not a part of that group, I wish they showed the same tolerance to me as I afford them.

PS......Many from that community wish they would give it a break too.

So tolerant and unbothered that you've typed all this out on the back of a heat press mark on the back of a football shirt. So tolerant that you've assumed it's an lgbtq+ symbol when it's clearly not.

10 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

What did he say that was so wrong?

One half of the ‘disgrace of Scotland’ sings the English national anthem regularly and turns up en-masse with Union Jack flags to games, and the other sings Irish songs and takes Irish flags to games.
One iaide s desperate to be English and the other is desperate to be Irish. 

Then they both support the Scottish national team 🤷‍♂️

When in England, whats wrong with the cross of St.George? Its the flag of England. Its good to see when you are down there. Proper. Same as here in Scotland. We should see more of the flag of St.Andrew. The flag of Scotland and arguably, the oldest flag of any county in the world. 

imagine if the put a bit of Green on the Scotland flag on the back of the new Scotland top. There would be quite a hooha to say the least!

I support the English supporters in their disgust at their shirt flag being shat on.

"Shat on" :laugh: Relax mate, it's a small detail on the back of a football shirt. 

You're absolutely kidding yourself if you reckon both sets of fans from Glasgow support Scotland.

ScandinavianJambo

Politicians using football and nationalism as a pre election soap box = unpleasant but unfortunately common down south. GB news followers getting upset and interpreting Nike's design as woke - hilarious 😆.

Storm in a tea cup anyone 😁

BigAlim
1 minute ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Politicians using football and nationalism as a pre election soap box = unpleasant but unfortunately common down south. GB news followers getting upset and interpreting Nike's design as woke - hilarious 😆.

Storm in a tea cup anyone 😁

When I was driving through Leicester listening to a local radio phone in I was honestly surprised at the amount of caricature people phoning in raging about Prince Harry and his wife. 

Scotland and England are so different politically and obviously the brexit voting is a tribute to that fact

SE16 3LN

The delicious Irony of Scots mocking a flag debate 😀

Personally I would be delighted to see Scotland running out in Germany to a sea of Rainbow Saltires, along with England and Wales should they get there. 

the posh bit
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Do your woke/gammon routine again, that patter is magic.

There you go. 😊

Screenshot_20240323_121042_com.instagram.android_edit_86347776439949.jpg

Angel eyes
Posted (edited)

Getting worked up about the colour of a poxy flag on the back of an overpriced tee-shirt that’s costs a £5 to make it’s no like someone has been diagnosed with cancer or anything trivial.

Edited by Angel eyes

Spellczech
3 hours ago, boag1874 said:

My take is it looks ****ing stupid by why the major political parties feel the need to comment is a mystery, it’s a football shirt, how about focusing on actually fixing our broken mess of a country 

At least it is a little more relevant, if also more trivial, than the Middle East TBF...

35 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

The delicious Irony of Scots mocking a flag debate 😀

Personally I would be delighted to see Scotland running out in Germany to a sea of Rainbow Saltires, along with England and Wales should they get there. 

It’s not that ironic when we mock the Scots who do the same though . It is in fact consistent 

Australis

Funny when so many Scots show constant hate to the English, and then when England are hammering teams their fans alway sing, are you Scotland in disguise.

Then the haters have hysterical fits and blood pressure episodes.

the posh bit
Just now, Australis said:

Funny when so many Scots show constant hate to the English, and then when England are hammering teams their fans alway sing, are you Scotland in disguise.

Feel better now,  Tam?

milky_26
5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

:peek_by_Andrin:

ca24fc31-f793-42d6-b63d-cdf051e64894.jpeg

the germans are in uproar as well regarding their kits and it also includes nike. every german kit has been made by adidas but from 2027 they will be made by nike. it is being said it is unpatriotic etc moving from a german manufacturer to an american one

JudyJudyJudy
13 hours ago, Gizmo said:

I must have missed the "kill all straight people" marches from the LBGT+ community. 

Please don't tell, presumably white Sleepy head, that ALL the colours of the rainbow make up white light! He's rocking the most flamboyant colour that exists. :P 

Theres been a few marches from the " T" part shouting " kill all terfs"...You might have missed that. 

13 minutes ago, Australis said:

In other things that dont actually happen . I just saw Harry Kane polishing his medals in my back garden 

ABE

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Theres been a few marches from the " T" part shouting " kill all terfs"...You might have missed that. 

TERFS are complete and utter ******s but I agree , killing them is a bit much . Maybe they could just transform themselves in to men or something ? Perfect solution 

Fraggle
16 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

:peek_by_Andrin:

ca24fc31-f793-42d6-b63d-cdf051e64894.jpeg

It should be a Hugo Boss emblem instead of the Nike Swoosh (just for full level Nazi-ness!)

Edited by Fraggle

2 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

It should be a Hugo Boss emblem instead of the Nike Swoosh (just for full level Nazi-ness!)

And Ford as their training kit sponsor 

Aye, imagine being so low as to change the colour of the nation's flag, that's shocking right enough.

Unlike the Tories, who would never do such a thing

GJRuxutXUAASPvS?format=jpg&name=large

Or, erm, Border Force and Police Forces across the land

GJRygDWX0AEep0D?format=jpg&name=900x900

Or them patriotic UKIP lads, they'd never mess with the flag.

Screenshot+2020-08-27+at+13.17.03-640w.p

:orly?:

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Aye, imagine being so low as to change the colour of the nation's flag, that's shocking right enough.

Unlike the Tories, who would never do such a thing

GJRuxutXUAASPvS?format=jpg&name=large

Or, erm, Border Force and Police Forces across the land

GJRygDWX0AEep0D?format=jpg&name=900x900

Or them patriotic UKIP lads, they'd never mess with the flag.

Screenshot+2020-08-27+at+13.17.03-640w.p

:orly?:

I like the use of the Bi Pride purple colour in the last one 

Edited by Sooks

38 minutes ago, Australis said:

Hate?! 😂Very odd leap. 

a mild piss take at a furore over nothing related to our oldest rivals and neighbours ain’t that! 

1 minute ago, FJT said:

Hate?! 😂Very odd leap. 

a mild piss take at a furore over nothing related to our oldest rivals and neighbours ain’t that! 

No no no , it is racist to not want England to do well 

45 minutes ago, Australis said:

:rofl:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Australis said:

I've never met a single Scottish person that Hates the "English ".

PortyBeach
6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Who got arrested for waving a union flag ? Must have missed that one ……….. was it wrapped around a sword at the time or something 

Police Scotland aka Strathclyde Polis writ-large definitely decided it wasn’t one of these quintessential British types…

IMG_1706.jpeg

IMG_1629.jpeg

• davemclaren locked this topic