Saint George is cross……oh me

Angel eyes

Angel eyes

Our English chums are getting a bit worked up the St George cross has had a make overD7-BAF288-77-BA-46-A4-B8-CE-1-E426-C2-A3

instead of the traditional red Nike has put a new spin on it changed the colour for the New England top plus charging £125 for the privilege and they ain’t happy…….😂

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• colinmaroon

• BigAlim

• boag1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King

Hilarious, they also struggle to tell the difference between their two flags and both political parties have changed the colours over the years. 
What a trivial thing to get worked up about but tells you everything you need to know about them. 

2 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Our English chums are getting a bit worked up the St George cross has had a make overD7-BAF288-77-BA-46-A4-B8-CE-1-E426-C2-A3

instead of the traditional red Nike has put a new spin on it changed the colour for the New England top plus charging £125 for the privilege and they ain’t happy…….😂

England has been for sale for 20 plus years.

BangkokHearts

Reminds me of the lgbtq 🏳️‍🌈 pride colours though. Is that what these twats are getting worked up about? 🤣

Mikey1874

I like it. Its better live when you see the strip.

Win win for Nike. You can't buy publicity like that. 

Gundermann
8 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

Reminds me of the lgbtq 🏳️‍🌈 pride colours though. Is that what these twats are getting worked up about? 🤣

Probably. There was no flag and now there's a colourful kind-of flag. Outrage!

EzpH9KmWEAE5ovB.jpg

db211833

The drama levels are off the scale. Talksport been raging about it for 2 days, Kier Starmer getting involved. It's hilarious 

Alex MacDonald

For decades they assumed the Union Jack was the English flag, thousands still do. Look at the footage of Wembley in 1966, how many St George’s Crosses are there? The vast majority are Union Jacks. For the Admiral England kits of the late 70’s and early 80’s, they’re white, blue and red, to tie in with the colours of the UJ.

SectionDJambo

They should be more concerned about the price. Anyone buying a football top, essentially a t shirt, has more cash than sense.

BigAlim

The same people who like to brand others as “snowflakes” all the time appear to be the same ones getting incredibly worked up about this :lol:

Well it put me off my porridge this morning. Don't know how I will manage to get to the end of the day🤦‍♂️

Benny Klack
17 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

They should be more concerned about the price. Anyone buying a football top, essentially a t shirt, has more cash than sense.

This - the price is an absolute scandal 

Regular football fans / kids getting priced out of kits now, let alone season tickets. 

Middle class sport down south - awful 

the posh bit

They should have made it deep pink for all the gammon losing their shit about it 

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Benny Klack said:

This - the price is an absolute scandal 

Regular football fans / kids getting priced out of kits now, let alone season tickets. 

Middle class sport down south - awful 

I meant to highlight the price, but managed to omit that. Over £100, especially for a kid’s size, is outrageous.

Nothing wrong with reasonably priced football tops.

Jack Torrance

Raging. Might go out and kick a haggis later.

Shooter McGavin

Sunak and Starmer wading in.

Priorities.

:facepalm:

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, Alex MacDonald said:

For decades they assumed the Union Jack was the English flag, thousands still do. Look at the footage of Wembley in 1966, how many St George’s Crosses are there? The vast majority are Union Jacks. For the Admiral England kits of the late 70’s and early 80’s, they’re white, blue and red, to tie in with the colours of the UJ.

Spot on 

Gundermann
4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Sunak and Starmer wading in.

Priorities.

:facepalm:

Wait until they see the new 'Saint George' mural at the Wembley entrance...

15977608_10154889014047603_7813432915974

Jack Torrance

As long as they don't **** about with our Unicorns, it's fine with me.

Francis Albert

I am with the English on this.

Also the hypocrisy of those mocking  the English for not knowing their own flag is rich given the the fans of Scotland's two biggest clubs  seem to have a similar problem.

Some of the Twitter outrage is fantastic . Arsehole bingo

Woke

Snowflakes

Lefties

LGBT

Glorious stuff from the gammon scranners

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Also the hypocrisy of those mocking  the English for not knowing their own flag is rich given the the fans of Scotland's two biggest clubs  seem to have a similar problem.

That the Nike strip is very good but too expensive?

Or did you mean "I'm with the English zenophobes"?

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Not really , most people generally mock those fans as well

BigAlim
3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Surely we can laugh at both?

Victorian

£125 blabs but.

:gocompare:

Drop £125 on a fitba tap and you deserve to have a cock motif sewn on to it.

Makes for another avenue to get a rise out of the ones who have tantrums about racism when people get the ABE stuff on the go :) 

Back to 2005

So what is the flag meant to represent? And what would have been wrong with the St George’s cross? I’m with the English fans on this but then again I don’t like to stick feathers in my hat when I go to a game…

Konrad von Carstein

A caller on Nick Ferrari this morning whilst not happy with the flag logo, was more pissed that the Italian top also made by Nike ( I think) is selling for £80, equivalent, while England fans are paying £125...

nother Brexit benefit? :lol:

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

That the Nike strip is very good but too expensive?

Or did you mean "I'm with the English zenophobes"?

I am a traditionalist. If Nike or whoever messed about with the Saltire/St Andrews Cross I would react in the same way. Sorry f that makes me Xenophobic in you eyes.

Tommy Brown
5 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

So what is the flag meant to represent? And what would have been wrong with the St George’s cross? I’m with the English fans on this but then again I don’t like to stick feathers in my hat when I go to a game…

I am with you on this, finding it a bit confusing why Nike thought it was worth  doing.

60s and 70s they were more union flag wavers. 80s onwards the moved more into the St George's cross.

Why would an England fan they want that abomination instead.

Educate me please.

Dennis Reynolds
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I am a traditionalist. If Nike or whoever messed about with the Saltire/St Andrews Cross I would react in the same way. Sorry f that makes me Xenophobic in you eyes.

Imagine eh.

33_scotland_2007_away_kit.jpg

15 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Never felt the compulsion to wear feathers in a hat either , but then I also dont waddle around in a wee plastic bowler hat or a pilots attire either 

Couldnt honestly care what they wear as long as they beaten 

been here before
54 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

They should have made it deep pink for all the gammon losing their shit about it 

This 'gammon' patter is really just as shite as the 'woke' patter, but used a little more by folk who consider themselves just that little bit edgy.

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, Alex MacDonald said:

I had the same argument with a guy on here about a year ago. I asked why do England wear blue in their tops? He said they qualify to wear blue as the eyes and claws in their 3 lions are blue🙄

Sleepy head
42 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

As am I buddy.No need for this.I don't give a **** who people want to sleep with (as long as theyr'e aged) I just wish others wouldn't care too. Stop getting in our faces about it and leave things alone.

I just wonder how the many who are laughing it off would react if the Hearts badge had the same.

I am not a part of that group, I wish they showed the same tolerance to me as I afford them.

PS......Many from that community wish they would give it a break too.

Sleepy head
Just now, Sleepy head said:

As am I buddy.No need for this.I don't give a **** who people want to sleep with (as long as theyr'e aged) I just wish others wouldn't care too. Stop getting in our faces about it and leave things alone.

I just wonder how the many who are laughing it off would react if the Hearts badge had the same.

I am not a part of that group, I wish they showed the same tolerance to me as I afford them.

PS......Many from that community wish they would give it a break too.

the posh bit
22 minutes ago, been here before said:

This 'gammon' patter is really just as shite as the 'woke' patter, but used a little more by folk who consider themselves just that little bit edgy.

Bolt, weirdo. 

44 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

It represents the St George's Cross. It's the England flag and so is on the England top. They've just changed the colour of a bit of the cross to match the colour of the 1966 World Cup winning squad's training gear. 

Hearts007
2 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

My heart bleeds for them

Mikey1874
43 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

No I get your point. But changing the colours has happened for over 20 years. 20 years no one would have complained. 

Go for it 1308
36 minutes ago, been here before said:

What is the 'gammon patter' ? 

I know I'm thick at times, but I don't get it?

Sleepy head
12 minutes ago, dtgj said:

It represents the St George's Cross. It's the England flag and so is on the England top. They've just changed the colour of a bit of the cross to match the colour of the 1966 World Cup winning squad's training gear. 

Oh aye.

Back to 2005
13 minutes ago, dtgj said:

Why didn’t they say so then? Unless I’ve missed that. 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

They did, but currently the toy-chuckers are screaming so loud it's hard to hear.

been here before
17 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Bolt, weirdo. 

Qwality, gammon

BigAlim
2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Did they say it was a pride thing?

• davemclaren locked this topic