Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• kingantti1874

• Batistuta87

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jamboinglasgow

Reading it, we are still Umbro branded kits, but Castore are running the marketing, supplying and selling of the kits on behalf of Umbro.

FarmerTweedy
6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Reading it, we are still Umbro branded kits, but Castore are running the marketing, supplying and selling of the kits on behalf of Umbro.

I read it as it'll be Castore kit with an Umbro logo stuck on it instead of a Castore one.

Luckies1874

I think I am right in saying that there is a Castore in Edinburgh Airport and that they stock Rangers strips - maybe we will see Hearts strips for sale there too?! There has been plenty clamour on here in the past for Hearts having a presence in the airport! 

30 minutes ago, His name is said:

https://castore.com/blogs/press/castore-agrees-umbro-pro-team-sports-licence

I seen this today, refers to castore producing our new kit for umbro.

Not sure how it'll really effect us but have heard that the castore kits have been pretty poor quality.

Hope the quality stays the same . Um to are by some distance the best kit designer and supplier we have ever had . If we ended up with shan Castore quality stuff , or lost the scope to have reasonably unique designs then I would prefer we just went with someone else . Umbro keep getting taken up by other companies and merged and when that happens they just become shit , then when they become independent they go back to making good products 

Can Castore mention “ digital “ a bit more often though 

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

I think I am right in saying that there is a Castore in Edinburgh Airport and that they stock Rangers strips - maybe we will see Hearts strips for sale there too?! There has been plenty clamour on here in the past for Hearts having a presence in the airport! 

That would be good I suppose . Would rather they were decent quality however . Castor really do make some rubbishy tat 

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That would be good I suppose . Would rather they were decent quality however . Castor really do make some rubbishy tat 

Don't know anything about the brand or quality so will take your word for it. Just thought it was of interest because of the store being there as I'm sure I've seen Rangers gear whilst walking past (on my way to Boss!) 😉

Edited by Luckies1874

JimmyCant
2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Hearts won’t be venturing back in to fixed off site sole occupier retail anytime soon. Lost thousands the last time we did it. (Old St James centre)

Chuck Berry

Castore is shit, and a lot more expensive, I believe the Rangers shirt sells for £70.

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Don't know anything about the brand or quality so will take your word for it. Just thought it was of interest because of the store being there as I'm sure I've seen Rangers gear whilst walking past (on my way to Boss!) 😉

yeah , it would definitely be good to have our kit in the airport . I really like Umbro kits though . I just hope we do not end up with Castore quality with an Umbro badge 

Their golf stuff is fine, but I've heard some horror stories about their football kits. I'm sure Newcastle United paid a lot of money to get out of their partnership with Castore.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Hearts won’t be venturing back in to fixed off site sole occupier retail anytime soon. Lost thousands the last time we did it. (Old St James centre)

This would be different though I think . It would be like when Rangers kit were distributed by JJB and then Sports Direct . We would be able to sell kits at the already established outlets , like the one at the airport that @Luckies1874 mentioned . Currently we only sell from our own stadium shop or direct online 

indianajones
Just now, Sooks said:

yeah , it would definitely be good to have our kit in the airport . I really like Umbro kits though . I just hope we do not end up with Castore quality with an Umbro badge 

Hope Hearts can pull the contract with this change. Castore is pish and it's not what we signed up for. 

Just now, indianajones said:

Hope Hearts can pull the contract with this change. Castore is pish and it's not what we signed up for. 

No agreed , their stuff is poor quality . I suppose it is a balancing act between shit quality and the increased scope to flog it using their distribution network 

kingantti1874

Castore stuff is actually pretty good. No ide about tbe football tops but their other gear is at the higher end. 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Castore stuff is actually pretty good. No ide about tbe football tops but their other gear is at the higher end. 

Their football kits are poor quality compared to Umbro . No idea what their other stuff is like . Golf or some such pish I assume ? 

rudi must stay

It's an upgrade on Umbro. They are making some really stylish kits 

kingantti1874
Just now, Sooks said:

Their football kits are poor quality compared to Umbro . No idea what their other stuff is like . Golf or some such pish I assume ? 

Golf,  hoodies, gym gear.  All at the top end of the market in terms of both quality and price. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Golf,  hoodies, gym gear.  All at the top end of the market in terms of both quality and price. 

Surprised by that . Not seen any of their other stuff . Their football kits are pretty shit in comparison to Umbro though 

Luckies1874
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Similar to the likes of Lululemon ?

JimmyCant
12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This would be different though I think . It would be like when Rangers kit were distributed by JJB and then Sports Direct . We would be able to sell kits at the already established outlets , like the one at the airport that @Luckies1874 mentioned . Currently we only sell from our own stadium shop or direct online 

I’m happy with the current reasonably high profit to club margins we get from own stadium shop and online sales. Having a concession or a stock agreement is costly and pretty shite unless you’re selling massive bulk. Which is why, I assume, we don’t do it.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m happy with the current reasonably high profit to club margins we get from own stadium shop and online sales. Having a concession or a stock agreement is costly and pretty shite unless you’re selling massive bulk. Which is why, I assume, we don’t do it.

Yes , I share your pessimism . Maybe when this latest venture goes tits up like when Nike bought Umbro , we can get them to make our kits again in ten years time 

Gundermann
33 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Castore is shit, and a lot more expensive, I believe the Rangers shirt sells for £70.

I know. Castore is awful.

:jjno:

kingantti1874
25 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Similar to the likes of Lululemon ?

not quite. Lulu lemon stuff is better I’d say in the main.  

Castore make a lot of kit for F1 now as well.  That stuff is also good.

i feel lots of people are slagging the brand without really knowing much about it. As I say I have heard the negatives about the football kits as well but as a brand it’s pretty decent .  It defo isn’t a cheap brand.

Edited by kingantti1874

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

not quite. Lulu lemon stuff is better I’d say in the main.  

Castore make a lot of kit for F1 now as well.  That stuff is also good.

i feel lots of people are slagging the brand without really knowing much about it. As I say I have heard the negatives about the football kits as well but as a brand it’s pretty decent .  It defo isn’t a cheap brand.

Without knowing anything about the brand my suspicion, given what you have said, is it may be because of the Rangers connection! 🤔

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Without knowing anything about the brand my suspicion, given what you have said, is it may be because of the Rangers connection! 🤔

100% that’s where it started. And I believe they did initially have loads of issues as they weren’t able to use usual manufacturer.  I think Villa have found their stuff a bit sweaty this year

I wouldn’t worry thus if they end up making our kits pretty sure they will be fine 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Surprised by that . Not seen any of their other stuff . Their football kits are pretty shit in comparison to Umbro though 

Their polos etc for F1 are pish too, miles off the quality of Puma (previous maker).

Edited by Taffin

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Their polos etc for F1 are pish too, miles off the quality of Puma (previous maker).

Unfortunately there are not many kit makers who would do us a good deal that are not shite quality or design though . Umbro really were the best out there for us . Joma and that sort of supplier are awful , and Nike and Adidas are shite at our level too 

2 hours ago, His name is said:

Not sure how it'll really effect us but have heard that the castore kits have been pretty poor quality.

Where, out of interest, did you ‘hear’ that Castore sportswear have been pretty poor quality?

46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

100% that’s where it started. And I believe they did initially have loads of issues as they weren’t able to use usual manufacturer.  I think Villa have found their stuff a bit sweaty this year

I wouldn’t worry thus if they end up making our kits pretty sure they will be fine 

Nah I seriously doubt that . Rangers have had some absolute stone cold classic strip over the years and I would have loved a Martin version of their 98 Adidas strip , or the Nike ones that followed . Their Admiral strips that were like ours were decent too . **** all to do with despising the Huns , I just think Castore strips look a bit and the quality is poor . Like the poor quality Puma strips we ended up with a while back 

44 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Unfortunately there are not many kit makers who would do us a good deal that are not shite quality or design though . Umbro really were the best out there for us . Joma and that sort of supplier are awful , and Nike and Adidas are shite at our level too 

Yeh, I really liked 2 of our Adidas kits and the puma ones were well made, or at least mine has lasted amazingly, but Umbro was the sweet spot.

3 washes of my Castore polo and the zip fell off 😂 if it's them, I'll enjoy looking at it (maybe, not been a fan of their football topa aesthetically either tbh) but won't be buying it.

Edited by Taffin

12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yeh, I really liked 2 of our Adidas kits and the puma ones were well made, or at least mine has lasted amazingly, but Umbro was the sweet spot.

3 washes of my Castore polo and the zip fell off 😂 if it's them, I'll enjoy looking at it (maybe, not been a fan of their football topa aesthetically either tbh) but won't be buying it.

Yeah probably similar . I collect the tops , as a nerdy wee hobby and wear some when exercising . The Puma one I did not like much . Umbro have done the biz for me 

Daz1874
2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

The Castore shop in the Airport has been closed for months while new work is done to the exit of the duty free shop, whether it reopens or becomes something else, I'm not sure.

They were almost always closed while shop was trading and didnt seem to do much buisness, must have lost a huge amount running that shop.

17 minutes ago, Daz1874 said:

The Castore shop in the Airport has been closed for months while new work is done to the exit of the duty free shop, whether it reopens or becomes something else, I'm not sure.

They were almost always closed while shop was trading and didnt seem to do much buisness, must have lost a huge amount running that shop.

Getting less enthused about this by the minute :( 

Bad Religion

This seasons home and away tops are poor. Would be happy with a change. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Couldn't care less about stripe, all I care about is a winning team on the park 

Oda be a JT

Oh well, longer for me to wait for a Hearts top made by Kappa!

Or Nike - have always wanted a Nike Hearts top!

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Getting less enthused about this by the minute :( 

becuase the airport shop was closed for a refurb. 🤣

meanwhile back here on earth, here’s a link where you can see their partner teams.  https://castore.com 

they also have new cross over deals with cheap brand such as Reiss https://castore.com/collections/reiss-castore-ss24

Very much a growing brand. 

anyway.  All of this aside there is no suggestion that we will be having Castore kits is there .  Only that Umbro are partnering with them to reach the market segment they are doing very well in.  (Clearly some of our own fans aren’t in that segment judging by the ill informed views) 

Edited by kingantti1874

25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

becuase the airport shop was closed for a refurb. 🤣

meanwhile back here on earth, here’s a link where you can see their partner teams.  https://castore.com 

they also have new cross over deals with cheap brand such as Reiss https://castore.com/collections/reiss-castore-ss24

Very much a growing brand. 

anyway.  All of this aside there is no suggestion that we will be having Castore kits is there .  Only that Umbro are partnering with them to reach the market segment they are doing very well in.  (Clearly some of our own fans aren’t in that segment judging by the ill informed views) 

Yeah cool . Apologies . I am less enthused by a potential link up by the minute . Just a personal taste thing really . The airport shop was a potential bonus as it is something that would have the opportunity to pick up a bit of tourist interest and I liked the idea of that 

What it has nothing to do with is the Huns however , and I am not sure how your mind would go there for a reason 

Edited by Sooks

GorgieFifeLife

Hummel, Under Armour or Mizuno would be brands which I think would be interesting to go for next.  I really like Mizuno stuff, think Lazio use it.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah cool . Apologies . I am less enthused by a potential link up by the minute . Just a personal taste thing really . The airport shop was a potential bonus as it is something that would have the opportunity to pick up a bit of tourist interest and I liked the idea of that 

What it has nothing to do with is the Huns however , and I am not sure how your mind would go there for a reason 

Na mate that’s not what I was getting at. Apologies is that how it came across 

someone else mentioned the huns. When they said it started with them  I interpreted that to be the rumours of bad quality kits started with the huns.

becuase at the time it was true.  They initially had loads of quality control issues as result of not being able to keep up supply and having to use loads of different manufacturers.

I haven’t heard anything on those issues recently, the only gripe I’ve heard is the choice of material for the Aston Villa Kits. 

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Na mate that’s not what I was getting at. Apologies is that how it came across 

someone else mentioned the huns. When they said it started with them  I interpreted that to be the rumours of bad quality kits started with the huns.

becuase at the time it was true.  They initially had loads of quality control issues as result of not being able to keep up supply and having to use loads of different manufacturers.

I haven’t heard anything on those issues recently, the only gripe I’ve heard is the choice of material for the Aston Villa Kits. 

No worries mate , fair enough . We tend to make good decisions over things like this , and I expect we will whatever way the chips fall here too 

Diadora Van Basten

Having been through the 90s three words fill me with dread “New kit supplier”

5 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Having been through the 90s three words fill me with dread “New kit supplier”

I remember the same trepidation ………… amazing how a cup win can change a meh strip from a meh supplier in to a top notch classic though :lol: 

August Landmesser
12 hours ago, His name is said:

I would imagine that if umbro have their badge on it, then umbro would be making sure that quality control is up to their usual standards. The actual Castore-branded stuff is apparently muck by all accounts 

hmfc_liam06
10 hours ago, Morgan said:

Where, out of interest, did you ‘hear’ that Castore sportswear have been pretty poor quality?

Most are probably just raging because they make Rangers kits.

Dalstonjambo
9 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Most are probably just raging because they make Rangers kits.

Tbf it’s been pretty widely reported the kits they made for Villa had issues. A quick google suggests Charlton, Wolves, Newcastle and Rangers have all had issues. 

You may be correct that that’s the reason people don’t want them, but it’s also not wrong to say they have had issues with kit quality. 

Hopefully it was just teething problems as a new kit supplier. 

Batistuta87
12 hours ago, His name is said:

The Rangers fiasco has really hurt their reputation. They were completely out of their depth with those orders and I can see why they had QC issues. They still have some of those issues, but they are much fewer and far between. Most of their current issues are with printing sponsors and badges rather than with the actual quality of their stuff. The "wet" Villa kit looks like a failed experiment too but every company has tried new things that haven't worked. Look at Nike with the built-in t-shirt and Adidas with the super tight tops with built-in shoulder supports and Puma with their onesie. Just nah. 

My wee boy has a Newcastle top and I was in one of their shops recently having a nosey. Its absolutely fine and in fact I would say feels quite high quality. Would be more than happy having them as a kit supplier. They're new, they're going to have problems, but as a whole I'd say their stuff is pretty good. Some of the Wolves and Villa gear is cracking.

Edited by Batistuta87

periodictabledancer
12 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I see plenty of Castore kit down here and it is well made and they have some great designs, far smarter than most of the usual stuff associated with Umbro (who I think are pretty bland, to put it mildly).

They had some bad publicity because of one Villa kit and the fabric they used wasn't suitable  but that's been fixed.

Newcastle weren't happy about delays in getting supplies in the main, it had little to do with quality. 

Ricardo Quaresma

Another middle-man, hmm

Not brilliant reviews for their Football gear, hmm