Umbro and Castore

His name is

17 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

That ☝️, I'm guessing, would've been sold about the same time as I got my grey one.

It's been washed 20+ times and the decals are as good as new.

We don't seem to have anything similar in the store right now.

Screenshot_20240322_210859_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240322_210904_Gallery.jpg

It has been my only real complaint for a while . Just keep it clean and simple with the training kit and fashion items . Irked me especially when we had Adidas . A simple tracksuit top or hoody just maroon with the badge and the stripes . No , all these stupid colour panels and superfluous bars and flashes

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• kingantti1874

• Batistuta87

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gorgierulesapply88
On 20/03/2024 at 15:35, Sooks said:

Feel like I should congratulate you on removing that ****ing stupid profile phot of yours . What changed ? Have you grown up 

It was removed, not by me.

8 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

It was removed, not by me.

What was it? 

The main thing is, regardless of who makes the strips, is that next season's 150 year kit has to be a classic. 

There has been a tendancy to go from plain, almost all maroon to tops with far too much white in them, for example

First Hummel top was perfect, second was far too white, same thing with our Reebok kit and our Olympic kits , all tried to be too "continental"

When we went to umbro in 2007 they seemed to alternate between simple and too much white, before the legendary 2012 top. Adidas started off with a simple top but their second was hideous.

The worry is after a nice plain maroon effort this year we will end up with something that's too white again next year

1 minute ago, Bozi said:

The main thing is, regardless of who makes the strips, is that next season's 150 year kit has to be a classic. 

There has been a tendancy to go from plain, almost all maroon to tops with far too much white in them, for example

First Hummel top was perfect, second was far too white, same thing with our Reebok kit and our Olympic kits , all tried to be too "continental"

When we went to umbro in 2007 they seemed to alternate between simple and too much white, before the legendary 2012 top. Adidas started off with a simple top but their second was hideous.

The worry is after a nice plain maroon effort this year we will end up with something that's too white again next year

Never really noticed that before actually . You are spot on though , all the Hearts strips I have liked least seem to have followed on from a nice plain classic effort the season before . Year to Reebok , year two Hummel and was that awful effort with Union Bankas written on two lines with white flashes on the shoulders not directly after a nice plain effort too 

kingantti1874
32 minutes ago, Bozi said:

agreed. 

genuinely.  We should look to 2014/15 for inspiration. The best kit in 40 years ..

Set off perfectly the black socks.  Utterly magnificent and something, given it was a well used colour in the army years of the club should be in our rotation.

would like to see us rotate socks from maroon>white>black actually .  Give the kit a different feel every now and then .

Spellczech
46 minutes ago, Bozi said:

There is a reason they do that - make them similar year on year and nobody will bother to update...

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

There is a reason they do that - make them similar year on year and nobody will bother to update...

Same with Software, odd number versions have genuine improvements and even have change for changes sake, so the mugs buy again

Edit: more of a tick-tock, good, bad now, as people were catching on with odd-even numbers

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

4 hours ago, Bozi said:

Excuse my ignorance but isn’t that what this years white number represents? Its only just been restocked a few weeks ago as well. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, OTT said:

giphy.gif

all of those are absolutely magnificent apart from the dodgy collar on the white one.

would buy all of them 

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, droid said:

Excuse my ignorance but isn’t that what this years white number represents? Its only just been restocked a few weeks ago as well. 

we will 100% have a 150th home kit. 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yeah given we are celebrating a calendar year anniversary it makes absolute commercial sense to drag things over a couple of football seasons.

42 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I wonder what they could possibly put together this time 🤷‍♂️ 

Jim_Duncan
51 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Saw a sneak peak of the design a couple of weeks back. The red white and blue hoops are going to ruffle some feathers. 

Bootboy100
1 hour ago, Homme said:

Is it one more year of Umbro we have? 

No the contract is up after this season

Bootboy100
4 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Saw a sneak peak of the design a couple of weeks back. The red white and blue hoops are going to ruffle some feathers. 

I really hope that is the case it’s part of our history and heritage.

I have an MFBC red and white and blue bobble hat which we got made a few years back. 

Some of the looks we have had and comments are quite astonishing! 

28 minutes ago, droid said:

I wonder what they could possibly put together this time 🤷‍♂️ 

Away top like the St Andrews one with red white and blue hoops could be a nice one

Home top maybe the maroon one with the hoops a different shade due to dying the red white and blue ones maroon

We have covered the white one with the matron heart as that will be next seasons third again 

17 minutes ago, Bootboy100 said:

No the contract is up after this season

Not according to McKinley.

Around 8:31

gorgierulesapply88
6 hours ago, Sir PH said:

What was it? 

Mrs.Budge as a witch over a cauldron. Nothing to serious.

16 hours ago, droid said:

16 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yeah I fully expect that we will have a special home top this coming season, the white 3rd kit will run for two seasons as most of the 3rd kits do but we will want to have a big celebration at Tynecastle into the new season and likely have a home 'heritage' top

Jim_Duncan
16 hours ago, Bootboy100 said:

I have an MFBC red and white and blue bobble hat which we got made a few years back. 

Hope so too. 

Except, instead of MFBC, you’ll be able to select PHM/W/NB when ordering. The last letter(s) can peel off like velcro in case of transitions. 

Umbro have taken on extra staff to cope with expected demand. 

16 hours ago, Sooks said:

Away top like the St Andrews one with red white and blue hoops could be a nice one

Home top maybe the maroon one with the hoops a different shade due to dying the red white and blue ones maroon

We have covered the white one with the matron heart as that will be next seasons third again 

Can just imagine this place if that were to happen.😂

dannymack
23 hours ago, Bootboy100 said:

From fans that have absolutely no idea of the clubs history and the fact they want to automatically relate the famous red, white and blue to Glasgow Rangers despite another fact that they didn't introduce that specific colour scheme* to their clubs attire until the early 1900's with red stocking tops.

Three cheers to the MFBC

*Royal Blue, Navy Blue ? 

$_57 (10).JPG

dannymack
23 hours ago, Sooks said:

Circles sound better 😌 

6 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Circles sound better 😌 

They were hoops though . Nobody used to ***** about in their garden with a Hula Circle 

Chuck Berry

A nice update to the 2014/15 kit would absolutely fit the bill.  As basic as the third kit, a dark maroon, and an appropriate old style badge.  Plain white shorts, maroon/white socks.

We won't be playing in red, white and blue, that was consigned to the bin 150 years ago thankfully.

tian447
On 24/03/2024 at 15:41, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Mrs.Budge as a witch over a cauldron. Nothing to serious.

6KDcyzN6_400x400.jpg

Jim_Duncan
3 hours ago, dannymack said:

Circles sound better 😌 

No, I want us to go all in on the ‘hoops’. And the RWB colours. 

First to wear hoops, first to wear those colours. Really confuse both sides of the bigots. 

kingantti1874
5 hours ago, dannymack said:

Home top 2024-2520201013_114848.thumb.jpg.48ac917c9048f5676dd1271acb7b5dfa.jpg

away kit 2024-2520200803_000049.thumb.jpg.e1a27c33a2a205202de803b9e1de34df.jpg

3rd Kit 2024-25TomPurdie.thumb.jpg.a2613bf6df535119bbb274b5fbc5a33d.jpg

100% should bring out a kit with a pair of trousers 

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

6KDcyzN6_400x400.jpg

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

100% should bring out a kit with a pair of trousers 

I would buy ten ! Do it Hearts 

In the most part Adidas were a horrendous supplier for us. They did however produce arguably our best ever  home kit. What I’d give to have a Hearts version of this retro number though. Home and away(maroon and white, and white and maroon.

IMG_2885.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
Victor Meldrew

Castore strips are a bit 'League 1' for my liking - hopefully we'll continue to have Umbro designs.

Hectormasson
On 24/03/2024 at 09:08, Bozi said:

as long as its not that cheap castore looking shite......fth..

tian447
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I just don't understand how they can get something like this wrong. 

People keep saying "oh, they're fairly new and just getting their quality control up to speed" but how do you feed a design into a machine upside down without anyone noticing at any point? 

Part of me thinks they're doing it on purpose to drive traffic to them and raise the number of times they're mentioned on social media. With the way that SEO works, the more times their name is mentioned on different websites, the more they are likely appear in general searches, context be damned. 

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, tian447 said:

People keep saying "oh, they're fairly new and just getting their quality control up to speed" but how do you feed a design into a machine upside down without anyone noticing at any point? 

Part of me thinks they're doing it on purpose to drive traffic to them and raise the number of times they're mentioned on social media. With the way that SEO works, the more times their name is mentioned on different websites, the more they are likely appear in general searches, context be damned. 

Just how clueless does a Football shirt supplier have to be?

Upside down?

But the boy ******** wore it? For Villa? The current World Cup winning Goalkeeper?

image.gif.4b409ab0cab6028bbb4960d3b380a230.gif

Get these arseholes so far away from us, run!!

image.gif.6c2ff907266c639721465881b2efd36e.gif

Wow :rofl:

hmfc_liam06

We've had some pretty plain home kits over the last few years, I wouldn't mind something a wee bit different next season. 

A light maroon / dark maroon striped top would be 👌

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

I started to think it may be intentional too; it's hard to accept a company could have such shit QC that stuff like this keeps happening.

They are absolute shite and it blows my mind that people are ignoring their own eyes and trying to big them up …………. **** me they are so so awful