Rowdie Robbie Watch 2024

Armageddon

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Oda be a JT said:

An ex manager/player, who frankly done very well with us but even still now muppets are looking to stick the knife in….get a grip ffs 🤦‍♂️ 

FTFY

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• gorgierulesapply88

• Watt-Zeefuik

• kingantti1874

Greedy Jambo

He did well for us because he had everything a rookie manager could ever want surrounding him, on his own, he's dog shite. 

MK Dons...

I wish him all the best, but it stick by my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Didn't like his style of play and never really understood it.

That said i wish him the best of luck.

Our club is at a different stage on what fans demand etc,and it didn't work out.

I can't really remember too clearly because it was a while back, but his 2014 team played a vastly different style of football to his 2022 team, correct? There seemed to be much more energy about that team with Walker, Paterson, Nicholson etc. which wasn't replicated in his 2nd spell. 

I'm grateful for what he did for the club in 2014, winning a league title with 2 traditional top flight teams challenging us and one of them being Rangers is a hugely impressive feat which cannot be taken away from him (or Levein). 

I do think he lacked something in his 2nd spell. Lee McCulloch is sticking out like a sore thumb for me. Forrest being retained speaks volumes - and not just for an interim period. He's obviously a well regarded coach. What Naisy has done to fix our away form for example has been night and day to what we experienced under Neilson, where away games were a waste of time, money & energy for fans. 

Then there is the complete and utter aversion to youth development. Making as little effort as we did to keep Andy Irving is pretty much indicative of his general attitude to developing young players. Irving being signed by West Ham isn't because he was a late bloomer, its because he needed time (as ALL young players do) to develop. Laddie is only 23 and about to become a Premier League player!! Incredibly annoying. 

The more I see from Naismith the more I'm open to the idea that there are much better managers out there without us having to ever look at bringing Robbie back. How things fell apart under him were a sign of bad management - the whole situaition with Snodgrass and utter capitulation of 3rd, coupled with a propensity to chuck games against the OF before a ball is even kicked again and the lack of tactics when Snodgrass was worked out by St Mirren/Livi... just not bloody good enough. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Didn't like his style of play and never really understood it.

That said i wish him the best of luck.

Our club is at a different stage on what fans demand etc,and it didn't work out.

Our style of play hasn't changed much.

It's a possession basesd game where we build from the back and get the full backs foward.we generally probe and switch play ti break down defences.

The big difference is our defence this season,  it's better. Our style hasn't changed much, in fact I think we are scoring less goals but due to our defence are more resilient in grinding put wins, especially away from home

gregzy2k7
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's a possession basesd game where we build from the back and get the full backs foward.we generally probe and switch play ti break down defences.

The big difference is our defence this season,  it's better. Our style hasn't changed much, in fact I think we are scoring less goals but due to our defence are more resilient in grinding put wins, especially away from home

Style of play wise i sort of agree with you, However from what i have seen Naismith is an upgrade as a coach imo,

Would also say Naismith seems better at making in game tactical changes and substitutes at key moments imo

Robbie would stick with things even when he could clearly see it wasn't working in games and often would try to make defensive changes when we were on top and invite unnecessary pressure.

He did well for us overall but he was limited imo,

Anyway it's in the past now,

Good luck to Robbie in his American adventures.

Watt-Zeefuik
8 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

He did well for us because he had everything a rookie manager could ever want surrounding him, on his own, he's dog shite. 

MK Dons...

Every manager dreams of taking over a club emerging from administration with broken facilities, new staff, non-functional computer systems, a shed full of disheartened youth players, and the most difficult second tier in the history of Scottish football.

FFS some people on this forum are weirdos.

That was a shocking crowd at the stadium but TBF the weather here was pretty frigid last night and the schools just went on spring break, and WakeMed offers almost no protection from the wind.  

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Style of play wise i sort of agree with you, However from what i have seen Naismith is an upgrade as a coach imo,

Would also say Naismith seems better at making in game tactical changes and substitutes at key moments imo

Robbie would stick with things even when he could clearly see it wasn't working in games and often would try to make defensive changes when we were on top and invite unnecessary pressure.

He did well for us overall but he was limited imo,

Anyway it's in the past now,

Good luck to Robbie in his American adventures.

Agreed,  Naismith is quicker at making changes,  but tbh he's had to as the starting set up hasn't worked a good few times  and after the changes we've done better.

I reckon Bob will be back in Scotland soon, the American adventure may just be that, cracking opportunity tho and he'll pick up some new things.

This is the best position a manager has ever been in with us atm and this summer is already looking good.

How many Hearts managers have taken over a Hearts team from 4th position?

Has there been any, usually a manager would take over a Hearts team bottom six, or worse.

Taking over a Hearts team that was 3rd the season before and 4th when you came in is quite a strong platform to build from and to Naismiths credit he is doing that.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

MK Dons...

He taken over a bottoming out Hearts side - twice, 1st time we had Rangers in the league, 2nd time demotion and Covid.

How is that everything a rookie mgr should want?

Nothing you say ever makes sense.

Naismith had taken us over from a strong position and to his credit  strengthened it even further.

And you even wanted him out after about 2 weeks!!!

:rofl:

Jim Panzee
5 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Every manager dreams of taking over a club emerging from administration with broken facilities, new staff, non-functional computer systems, a shed full of disheartened youth players, and the most difficult second tier in the history of Scottish football.

FFS some people on this forum are weirdos.

That was a shocking crowd at the stadium but TBF the weather here was pretty frigid last night and the schools just went on spring break, and WakeMed offers almost no protection from the wind.  

yup - and I LOVE it. 🤣

Monday mornings would be bleak without Kickback.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

That standard...

Thought it was an improvement on last week :lol:

soonbe110
10 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Very hard to tell the difference between last seasons style of play and this seasons tbh. Individual performances, Shankland and Kent in particular, have made the difference. 

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Very hard to tell the difference between last seasons style of play and this seasons tbh. Individual performances, Shankland and Kent in particular, have made the difference. 

It's still the same midfielders by and large that play the same safe passes. Hoff latterly was breaking the lines but that was more with powerful runs rather than brave passes.

As you can see with what's coming in the summer, Naismith is clearly going for players who try things a little bit different and off the cuff. 

OmiyaHearts

Weird lack of respect for Robbie, considering guy got us into the Premiership first time of asking on two seperate occasions.

If he failed at either attempt, God knows how long we'd have been floating around the championship.

Bongo 1874
14 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I see a difference, it's getting it consistently that is the problem.

Not just style of play,mindset, mentality etc.

Never hated Robbie,hate is a strong word.

He's a cup winner at our club.

Just didn't agree with his philosophy.

If you watch his first game at tampa,the second goal that Antonio score shouldn't count.

I'll let you have a look 😉 and be the judge.

I'm not bias he's been hard done to here.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Smithian
On 18/03/2024 at 15:37, Watt-Zeefuik said:

The "North Carolina FC" (ugh I still hate that name) game takes place in Cary, a large suburb of Raleigh. Cary will give him fond memories of Milton Keynes in terms of dynamic culture.

Hope he comes over to Durham for a pint when he's up, though.

As you say, USL is a fun as a low-cost, low-hassle way to take your kid to a professional soccer match. The quality is slowly inching up but in some ways it's a shame because the old attempt to revive NASL actually had some good players and good clubs, but the US sports media basically put a blockade on it and never covered it at the level that they should have, so MLS basically ate the bigger clubs and the rest regressed.

He'll have a nice life for a few years here and I imagine his goal is to move to an MLS club at some point where the money is actually finally starting to be decent beyond the "designated players" like Beckham and Messi.  If Charlotte FC hired him I might be forced to actually start following them.

I didn't think anyone of this board would differentiate between Cary and Raleigh!

Watt-Zeefuik
53 minutes ago, Smithian said:

I didn't think anyone of this board would differentiate between Cary and Raleigh!

:lol: It would take a Durmite, and what we'd all say is, "they both suck" but at least Raleigh is interesting.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It's still the same midfielders by and large that play the same safe passes. Hoff latterly was breaking the lines but that was more with powerful runs rather than brave passes.

As you can see with what's coming in the summer, Naismith is clearly going for players who try things a little bit different and off the cuff. 

Yip,  I like it.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yip, and I've no trouble with our style, I never really have.

If we can get a creative midfielder or 2 in ( we have) then we add what has been missing- goals and creativity from midfield.

I like our style,  it's controlled,  patient and in general we have most of the play.

Last season our defence just shipped a shitey goal in too often and ofc the collapse. 

Without Kent v Ross county our soft under belly was exposed and it only taken 1 game v 11 men for that to happen,  and imo it was entirely predictable.

V last season Kent and a lesser extent a fit and more streetwise Rowles has helped.

Last season with Halkett  gubbed, Kingsley and Rowles breaking down, Smith unfit and breaking down and poor replacements it was clear were our issues where over the season. 

Latterly the dressing room breakdown just blew everything up.

This season we have scored less, but have a bit more resolve and have generally been defending better.

Our style is similar,  maybe even a bit more Conservative and defensive this season. 

soonbe110
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip, and I've no trouble with our style, I never really have.

If we can get a creative midfielder or 2 in ( we have) then we add what has been missing- goals and creativity from midfield.

I like our style,  it's controlled,  patient and in general we have most of the play.

Last season our defence just shipped a shitey goal in too often and ofc the collapse. 

Without Kent v Ross county our soft under belly was exposed and it only taken 1 game v 11 men for that to happen,  and imo it was entirely predictable.

V last season Kent and a lesser extent a fit and more streetwise Rowles has helped.

Last season with Halkett  gubbed, Kingsley and Rowles breaking down, Smith unfit and breaking down and poor replacements it was clear were our issues where over the season. 

Latterly the dressing room breakdown just blew everything up.

This season we have scored less, but have a bit more resolve and have generally been defending better.

Our style is similar,  maybe even a bit more Conservative and defensive this season. 

👍

• 3 weeks later...
Ricardo Quaresma

Berra juggling an interim HC position with SFA Pro Licence course commitments 🤔

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It's a reserve and development league. Huntsville is the affiliate club for Nashville SC. Extremely small potatoes.

Bairnjambo
On 25/03/2024 at 08:24, Bazzas right boot said:

Agreed,  Naismith is quicker at making changes,  but tbh he's had to as the starting set up hasn't worked a good few times  and after the changes we've done better.

I reckon Bob will be back in Scotland soon, the American adventure may just be that, cracking opportunity tho and he'll pick up some new things.

This is the best position a manager has ever been in with us atm and this summer is already looking good.

How many Hearts managers have taken over a Hearts team from 4th position?

Has there been any, usually a manager would take over a Hearts team bottom six, or worse.

Taking over a Hearts team that was 3rd the season before and 4th when you came in is quite a strong platform to build from and to Naismiths credit he is doing that.

Fourth position?

What about yon Cathro bloke?

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Bairnjambo said:

Fourth position?

What about yon Cathro bloke?

Read it again.

dazajmbo

Good luck to the guy.

No hard feelings from me. Done alot for the club and the FOH, as a player, mentor and manager over his career.

I'd rather it goes well for him out there than see him managing a hibs, aberdeen etc. 

Armageddon
7 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Huntsville fans forum going MENTAL that Berra doesn't have his badges yet ;)

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

It's a reserve and development league. Huntsville is the affiliate club for Nashville SC. Extremely small potatoes.

I know, just as well, seeing as it's several thousand miles away :yes:

tian447
On 24/03/2024 at 15:42, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Negative Neilson hasn't changed, hopefully gets the sack soon.

8mckr7.jpg

Smithian

Watching Berra and Robbie teach each other on as MLS bosses in a couple years will be wild. 

Thunder and Lightning
21 hours ago, tian447 said:

8mckr7.jpg

Posting about Robbie on a thread about Robbie means that? Really? 😂 

rudi must stay

I followed him on linkedin but he likes everything to do with football so I unfollowed him 

tian447
1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Posting about Robbie on a thread about Robbie means that? Really? 😂 

Actively hoping he gets the sack from his new job is a different level of unhinged. 

Gorgie_Rules

- Got us out the Championship with a rebuilt squad first time of asking with a record points total with Rangers and Hibs in the league, over 20 points ahead of each.

- Following season finished 3rd in league.

- Season after left us when we were 2nd.

- Came back to club and got us promoted in a reduced covid season.

- Following season finished 3rd.

- Beat hibs at Hampden in a semi final and took us as close to a Scottish cup as you can get losing on penalties to Celtic.

- Lead us to another Scottish cup final, again beating hibs in the semi on the way.

- Sacked before getting the chance to prove he could achieve something the club had only done once in 60 years by finishing 3rd in back to back seasons.

He undoubtedly had his flaws, but taking all the above into account it is pretty remarkable the lack of respect/appreciation he gets from a large section of the Hearts support. 

The best it gets for Hearts is 3rd and a crack at the Scottish cup. If you look at the history of Hearts seasons over the last 60 years, he was probably the manager that got the closest to achieving that on a consistent basis.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

HeartsandonlyHearts

He’s an ex Hearts cup winning player and  also ex manager with two promotions.

I’ll watch the game tonight. It’s playing on ESPN + tonight for North American Jambos. 

gorgierulesapply88

The standard seems really bad, teams would struggle against Tranent Spartans etc.

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

The standard seems really bad, teams would struggle against Tranent Spartans etc.

I watched the first half. Not sure what level of the Scottish pyramid they’d be the equivalent of but they’d be close to the bottom laying the base stones. Not a great level. They did try to knock it around a bit though.

RustyRightPeg
6 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

For contect Marc McNulty came back after playing for Orange County and could only get a move to Spartans.

Watt-Zeefuik
42 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I watched the first half. Not sure what level of the Scottish pyramid they’d be the equivalent of but they’d be close to the bottom laying the base stones. Not a great level. They did try to knock it around a bit though.

I haven't watched the Rowdies this season but USL Pro, the level they're in, always looks like lower Scottish Championship/League 1 level to me. They're still full pros but only making $20-30k/year.

1 hour ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I haven't watched the Rowdies this season but USL Pro, the level they're in, always looks like lower Scottish Championship/League 1 level to me. They're still full pros but only making $20-30k/year.

Do the players at this level get benefits? Like free accommodation, car etc.

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 hours ago, kila said:

I tried looking up Robbie’s salary last night while watching the game. Not much info. I’d guess he gets a car and a place to stay but there wasn’t much else info wise.

Not a bad gig though staying on the West coast of Florida. Who knows, if he does well the MLS isn’t that far a step up.

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Tbf, we beat Spartans with a Last minute goal, hardly a romp.

gorgierulesapply88
6 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

For contect Marc McNulty came back after playing for Orange County and could only get a move to Spartans.

And is about to get them promoted 👍 

gorgierulesapply88
4 hours ago, kila said:

Almost seems like a top scholarship level? I do bits with future pro USA for young lads who then go over there.

Rory emslie brother of Claire(Scotland womans) played with me at hutchie ended up having a muscle magazine etc. American football/soccer has improved alot.

Thunder and Lightning
6 hours ago, kila said:

Looks more like some of them are on benefits. 

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I tried looking up Robbie’s salary last night while watching the game. Not much info. I’d guess he gets a car and a place to stay but there wasn’t much else info wise.

Not a bad gig though staying on the West coast of Florida. Who knows, if he does well the MLS isn’t that far a step up.

I think it's not bad. Health care will be provided (a huge expense in the US because of our broken system) I'm sure. Robbie will be on a decent salary I'd expect—there's a glut of players coming out of universities and academies trying to make a career but not that many fully professionally credentialed managers banging around.